Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Bankruptcy
by Lopsum Today at 12:00 pm

» Is it time the poor paid again?
by ceylon Today at 11:57 am

» History Of The Saudi Royal Family
by Kestrel Today at 11:33 am

» Arrow Global ... reared their ugly head again!
by petesomething Today at 10:22 am

» Predictive programming and the music industry.
by Awoken2 Today at 9:58 am

» Geo Engineering, are we seeing another avoidable tragedy?
by Awoken2 Today at 9:46 am

» jacobs/council tax
by pitano1 Today at 9:10 am

» What really SCARES Big Pharma? People who know how to CURE their own DISEASE!
by assassin Today at 2:12 am

» Lent Van
by assassin Today at 2:06 am

» Took me a while
by andybreck Yesterday at 10:41 pm

» Assignment
by Tiggy Yesterday at 9:20 pm

» Hedgerow Food Plants that Grow WILD
by Society of the Spectacle Yesterday at 8:50 pm

» Lowell vanquis - Tiggy?
by petesomething Yesterday at 8:25 pm

» Is it proof..
by petesomething Yesterday at 7:57 pm

» Hello Again,
by Philchef34 Yesterday at 7:37 pm

» UK Column
by LionsShare Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» Joint Bank Giro Credit Slip Missing Utility Company Has Not sent with their fake bill/s Need advice please .
by LionsShare Yesterday at 2:53 pm

» George Soros Confirms Take Over Of Europe
by Society of the Spectacle Yesterday at 2:37 pm

» County Court Claim
by Jay Yesterday at 12:30 pm

» Cabot and Restons Conspiracy to Defraud
by barnwebb Yesterday at 12:12 pm

» Are they just making it up?
by Lopsum Yesterday at 11:35 am

» The Secret Masonic Victory of World War Two Part 8
by Kestrel Yesterday at 10:58 am

» 3 LETTER COCK UP
by hoopoe22 Yesterday at 8:45 am

» Legal firm calling
by 1saberwow Yesterday at 6:44 am

» Car accident
by Jinxer Yesterday at 3:08 am

» Yell.com / Hibu Crooks - HELP PLEASE!
by FreedomNow Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:15 pm

» Private parking firms CANNOT fine you Daniel Bostock on the BBC
by assassin Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:56 pm

» More Brexit
by assassin Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:54 pm

» Yellow Junction box penality ticket
by petesomething Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:54 pm

» YOU SIMPLY HAVE TO LOVE our BOYS [and gals] in Blue. Here they are at FINCHLEY PARK MOSQUE
by epsom Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:04 pm

» Vegas False Flag
by Society of the Spectacle Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:08 pm

» Landlord problem
by handle Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:37 pm

» School Detention
by janloot Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:43 pm

» Mugabes gone what next?
by ceylon Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:26 pm

» Reporting the Police
by assassin Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:53 am

» Reality chat with peter howard and company
by Society of the Spectacle Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:58 pm

» Paying By Endorsement
by LionsShare Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:07 pm

Copy of signed loan contract

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Copy of signed loan contract

Post by tattyboggle on Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:12 pm

On the original website GOODF I asked if the banks had ever produced the requested documents. the reply was a short no!
I have recently been sent a photocopy from a DCA of the original loan signed.
Do they have to produce the original signed doc or is a photocopy going to cut it in court?

tattyboggle
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Re: Copy of signed loan contract

Post by Waffle on Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:17 pm

That would cut it, but how sure are you its a copy of the original. It is no secret that they cut and paste signatures and manufacture agreements to create one that could be perceived as the original.

Waffle
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by tattyboggle on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:21 am

Hence the question, the entire process fails if photocopied documents are used as proof, I was under the impression only signed original documents can be used in court proceedings. If not we could all join in with the Photoshopping game of making up documents.
Any other forum members come across this situation?

tattyboggle
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Waffle on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:59 am

Thats the case if its pre 2007, you need a copy of the original, if the agreement is after 2007 it can be re-contituated.

Yes I believe I have and am trying to figure out a way to prove they have fraudulently created a document and claimed its the original, not straight forwards but a SAR has provided some backup....

Waffle
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Ausk on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:05 am

I think the plan is a world where business, big busienss in particular, is allowed to photoshop original documents relating to the masses into existance but the masses will not be permitted to do likewise.

Your job, when in court, is cast doubt on any document they tender as evidence.

To do this, ask this question:

"Can you prove to this court, with objective evidence, that this document has not been forged in any way"?

What plausible answers are there to this question?

BTW, when in court over parking, speeding fines etc always frame your questions like this? Its how lawyers do it.

Ausk
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Kestrel on Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:02 am

I understand that the new protocols coming out for debt collection in October had originally included the proposal that the 'original' must be produced but was dropped as the DCA's complained it would be difficult for them to do so - everything is geared towards these thieving bastards.

Kestrel
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggy on Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:31 pm

Anyone in receipt of what they allege is the original agreement needs to go through it with a fine tooth comb, looking for:

1. Does it contain all the prescribed terms,

2. Could it have been doctored, so look at addresses, telephone numbers, interest rates, charges etc. are they all accurate for the time frame you supposedly agreed to it (ie was the particular interest rate or charge in place at the time).

It's not enough to say 'I don't believe that is my agreement' or 'the agreement is unenforceable' you have to say why you believe that and it MUST be listed in your defence should they commence proceedings, so put the work in now.

Tiggy
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinxer on Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:49 pm

Would it be out of order asking them to prove how they paid the money to you. I mean with identity theft and all that and if you genuinely couldn't remember signing a loan agreement, would they not have to prove somehow what bank account they deposited the money into or what account the cheque was cashed in.

Jinxer
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggy on Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:05 pm

@Jinxer wrote:Would it be out of order asking them to prove how they paid the money to you. I mean with identity theft and all that and if you genuinely couldn't remember signing a loan agreement, would they not have to prove somehow what bank account they deposited the money into or what account the cheque was cashed in.

You can basically, ask for any information as long as it's related to the alleged debt and 'proportionate' (if it came to it, it would be upto a Judge to decide what is proportionate or not).

Tiggy
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Whymeok on Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:38 pm

i read the claim terms by mobile phone company last night, it shows both for new offer, tablet and extra data on phoen, but the sold debt claim to dca, only claims for mobile never had copy of new contract terms , where clause 11.b, if ie, price rise too, then what agreed in 18 mths offer contract, i right to cancel in 30 days in wrtting, i did,

yet dca, claims i had benfit use of serivces till serivce was cut off, i was paying up till i put account into dispute, so, oc sold claim breach of contract sum to dca, now , i to give up pay up i take it then?

Whymeok
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by petesomething on Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:37 pm

HI tattyboggle

Yes it can be a photocopy but it must be a true copy , can you read it, if not its not true copy, most of the time they never give you what you ask for,
petesomething
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tattyboggle on Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:54 pm

To clarify the process of the 3 letters and quote the relevant paragraph of requests.
'Please provide verification of your claim, by providing me with true and certified copies (Not photocopies) of the Deed of Assignment (NOT Notice of Assignment) and Deed of Novation. Please also provide me with the name of the individual who is the duly authorised representative from your company, who has seen the Original Note and is certifying these assignments as certified copies and that your company now has the Original Note (Credit Agreement) under penalty of perjury and with unlimited liability and confirm that the Note has never been sold prior to your company purchasing this account. Please also confirm the name of the individual who is the duly authorised representative from your company, who has carried out due diligence under The Money Laundering Regulations 2007 and what actions s/he has taken in relation to this account.

Could you clarify the difference between
Deed of Assignment
Notice of Assignment
Deed of Novation

Considering the above paragraph requests, all that has been produced is a photocopy of an agreement signed.
No mention of seeing an original note, no certification that it is a copy of an original and no comments on the sale of alleged loan or name of the individual who is the duly authorised representative from your company, who has carried out due diligence under The Money Laundering Regulations 2007 and what actions s/he has taken in relation to this account.

tattyboggle
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggy on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:58 pm

Could you clarify the difference between:

Deed of Assignment

That's the sale agreement between the assignor and the assignee for the assignment of the debt.

Notice of Assignment

That's the notice given to the debtor that the assignment has taken place.

Both the above come under Section 136 of the Law of Property Act 1925

Deed of Novation

This is also known as a Deed of Tripartite Novation, it's where two parties to a contract formally agree to replace one of the parties with a 3rd party.  In other words all 3 parties agree to the replacement, it is predominantly used in construction contracts.

Tiggy
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Ausk on Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:15 am

@Tiggy wrote:
@Jinxer wrote:Would it be out of order asking them to prove how they paid the money to you. I mean with identity theft and all that and if you genuinely couldn't remember signing a loan agreement, would they not have to prove somehow what bank account they deposited the money into or what account the cheque was cashed in.

You can basically, ask for any information as long as it's related to the alleged debt and 'proportionate' (if it came to it, it would be upto a Judge to decide what is proportionate or not).

"You can basically, ask for any information as long as it's related to the alleged debt and 'proportionate' (if it came to it, it would be upto a Judge to decide what is proportionate or not)"

I take it Tiggy that a Notice for Dicovery or Notice to Produce would be the vehicle for doing this?

Ausk
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Whymeok on Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:47 am

is a notice enough for a dca company to take case to court or do dca need to also provide the two others in above tiggy post?

Whymeok
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggy on Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:04 pm

@Ausk wrote:
@Tiggy wrote:

I take it Tiggy that a Notice for Dicovery or Notice to Produce would be the vehicle for doing this?

In the England & Wales you can use Pre Action Conduct Protocol, Request for Further Information or if proceedings have commenced and dependent upon the value of the Claim, either CPR 31.14 Disclosure of Documentation or CPR 18 Request for Further Information.

If you put forward a convincing argument a Judge will order the information to be provided as a part of the Case Management / issue of Standard Directions.

Tiggy
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by huji on Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:50 pm

Hi, can anyone help me with the meaning of the "Declaration" when we sign up for the Student Loan Company. I asked for a contract of the debt against me and they cannot provide one, just keep referencing the Declaration.

huji
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggy on Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:17 am

@huji wrote:Hi, can anyone help me with the meaning of the "Declaration" when we sign up for the Student Loan Company. I asked for a contract of the debt against me and they cannot provide one, just keep referencing the Declaration.
The Student Declaration is on pages 25 & 26 of the Student Loans Application, it's where you're asked to agree to the terms and conditions of the loan.

Tiggy
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by huji on Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:57 pm

@Tiggy wrote:
@huji wrote:Hi, can anyone help me with the meaning of the "Declaration" when we sign up for the Student Loan Company. I asked for a contract of the debt against me and they cannot provide one, just keep referencing the Declaration.
The Student Declaration is on pages 25 & 26 of the Student Loans Application, it's where you're asked to agree to the terms and conditions of the loan.

What is a declaration by Law? I have no documentation from the SLC which is a contract of debt. For a debt contract under common law, don't you require 2 signed signatures (lender & borrower)?

also, I was 17 when the declaration was signed, is that even legal to lend to someone under the age of 18?

huji
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Light on Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:42 pm

The definition is - Official proclamation, formal statement, unsworn but solemn legal statement, plaintiff's official written claim, announcement of bid.

A valid contract must have the signatures of all the parties to the contract. Where the document only has you signature it is a unilateral agreement. That means binding one side only, decided by one side only, accounting for one side only, having parts only on one side, and affecting only one side. In short it is not a valid contract in law and this has become common practice because your signature has now created a promissory note that the bank will deposit and use to create money.

The Light
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggy on Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:22 pm

@huji wrote:
@Tiggy wrote:

What is a declaration by Law? I have no documentation from the SLC which is a contract of debt. For a debt contract under common law, don't you require 2 signed signatures (lender & borrower)?

also, I was 17 when the declaration was signed, is that even legal to lend to someone under the age of 18?
The declaration is you signing to say you understood all the terms and conditions of the contract.

If you were 17, I believe you could state you believe the loan was missold given your age, lack of financial experience and the fact you were signing for a debt they can increase the interest on and could potentially affect your adult life for 30 years. How as a 17 year old could you possibly have any life experience on which to base an informed decision. 

It's a complete scandal.  It's certainly something I would go for if I had a student loan.

Tiggy
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by iamani on Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:45 am

Hi guys

Is it not possible to rescind one's signature on a unilateral agreement?

Cheers!

iamani
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggy on Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:54 am

@iamani wrote:Hi guys

Is it not possible to rescind one's signature on a unilateral agreement?

Cheers!
Not when the contract has been performed. To form a contract you need offer, acceptance and consideration- if the studies have been undertaken due to the loan being credited to the university, then they expect consideration in the form of payment.

A contract doesn't have to be written or signed, for example if you employ a plumber, they'll tell you how much, you agree, they do the work and expect payment. If they do the job asked of them, then the contract is legally binding, no written or signed contract needed.

Tiggy
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by iamani on Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:09 am

Hi Tiggy

OK, thank you.

Cheers!

iamani
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin on Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:01 pm

Tiggy is correct here, when you go into a supermarket for example, it is deemed to be something called an "everyday contract" in which you accept their goods and there is no contract in force, when you accept their goods and offer them payment and actually pay for the goods, it is then that a contract is formed and deemed as legally binding.

In any everyday contract no contract is formed until the terms are agreed to.

In a supermarket the contract is formed when you offer payment in exchange for their goods, and they accept your payment.

In Tiggy's example of a plumber you are accepting a service and not goods, so when the plumber gives a quote/estimate and you verbally agree this is the point at which a contract is deemed to be agreed to; you have to accept the plumbers price and consent to him continuing to provide his/her service on the understanding that you will pay for the service.

Most everyday contracts are "parol contracts" and work on a verbal agreement or consent or we would be reading and signing contracts everytime we did many everyday things we do in life.
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum