» What have they done to GOODF
by discodave4093 Today at 6:46 am

» Residence and Domicile
by iamani Today at 2:39 am

» Spending Time Together
by assassin Today at 2:12 am

» asked for accounting and got back...
by Waffle Yesterday at 9:05 pm

» Has Anyone Ever Reminded Cabot Of Their Past?
by Waffle Yesterday at 8:24 pm

» Sajid "pants on fire"Javid
by mitch Yesterday at 7:41 pm

» New Old Member
by assassin Yesterday at 6:57 pm

» Messed up the 3 letters process
by petesomething Yesterday at 4:24 pm

» Net tightens round paedophile run councils (corporations)
by daveiron Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Another One Surfaces
by daveiron Yesterday at 3:23 pm

» Sunday sunday
by ceylon Yesterday at 2:55 pm

» ESTOPPEL
by petesomething Yesterday at 8:43 am

» Australia version of the ebook
by Bruce0439 Yesterday at 7:35 am

» Link Financial
by discodave4093 Yesterday at 2:01 am

» Notice of Discontinuance - Court Hearing for Alleged Debt.
by assassin Yesterday at 1:20 am

» Hello New Member
by Steve Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:10 pm

» Are the DEMONS coming?
by Phillpots Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:35 pm

» Acting agent or debt purchaser?
by Indebttoo Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:57 pm

» Counter Claims
by kingkotton Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:49 pm

» A short clip from ‘Everything Is A Rich Man’s Trick’ that will either blow your mind. https://vimeo.com/184473343
by Society of the Spectacle Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:32 pm

» Statement of Assets and Liabilites
by Ausk Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:35 am

» More Northampton Nonsense
by kingkotton Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:38 pm

» 3 HOURS Winter & Fireplace Sound - Blizzard Sounds - Heavy Wind For Relaxation
by epsom Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:33 pm

» Beautiful Snow with Fireplace Sound
by epsom Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:32 pm

» Nottinham Meeting for Free Thinkers 21st October 2017
by Prometheus Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:26 pm

» Offal Wagons
by Tom Bombadil Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:22 pm

» Let's Have Some Tunes thread.
by Awoken2 Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:20 pm

» Social Media Soldiers - British Army 77th Bridage
by Society of the Spectacle Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:56 pm

» Thunderstorm At Sea Sounds For Sleeping, Relaxing ~ Thunder Rain Ocean Sea Lightning Ambience
by Tom Bombadil Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:39 pm

» The Rules for Rulers
by ceylon Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:35 pm

» County Court Claim
by petesomething Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:20 pm

Land Registry

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Land Registry

Post by Jinxer on Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:14 pm

About 15 years ago an ex partner who split up with me managed to get a Solicitor to place a Form A Restriction on my property. After trying to extort money out of me which I point blank refused to pay and told them to take me to Court, they just stopped contacting me after that. As I say this was 15 years ago but I still have this restriction registered on my property, which I want to get off. This is how it reads
“No disposition by a sole proprietor of the registered estate (except a trust corporation) under which capital money arises is to be registered unless authorised by an order of the court.”
Anyone got any idea on how I can get this off. I have never seen my ex since splitting up and have no idea where they are n.
The act that was mentioned in the letters I had was Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996
The property is registered in my sole name and we were never married.

Jinxer
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Re: Land Registry

Post by Tiggy on Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:23 pm

Jinxer wrote:About 15 years ago an ex partner who split up with me managed to get a Solicitor to place a Form A Restriction on my property. After trying to extort money out of me which I point blank refused to pay and told them to take me to Court, they just stopped contacting me after that. As I say this was 15 years ago but I still have this restriction registered on my property, which I want to get off. This is how it reads
“No disposition by a sole proprietor of the registered estate (except a trust corporation) under which capital money arises is to be registered unless authorised by an order of the court.”
Anyone got any idea on how I can get this off. I have never seen my ex since splitting up and have no idea where they are n.
The act that was mentioned in the letters I had was Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996
The property is registered in my sole name and we were never married.

I think you would have to make some form of application through the Courts to get it removed, possibly the High Court, Chancery Division, it looks as though they've got a tenancy in common.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/private-trusts-of-land/practice-guide-24-private-trusts-of-land   Look at Section 2

You might need to contact a Solicitor for advise, you can usually get an hour free from a local Solicitor.

Tiggy
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinxer on Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:49 pm

At the time I think it was quite a new concept and the Solicitor I used just wanted to keep trying to negotiate with the other side. The solicitor I was using even sent me a letter once to wish me a happy Christmas and that they just got back from annual leave and that they were going to do some research on my case which I got charged 320 quid for. I think I paid out about 4 grand and was getting nowhere hence me saying to the Solicitor to send them a last letter saying to take me to court. After that I heard no more from them.
I tried to sort it on my own then about 10 years ago which can be done with a statement of truth but the Land Registry was asking for more things which is where I got mixed up and then gave up. The guy at the land registry was trying to tell me how to do it in the letters I got back from them but weren't allowed to give me legal advise only advise on there procedure.
So there is a way it was just I couldn't understand what he was trying to tell me.
I was also told by someone else that as it has gone past 12 years with no contact I could use adverse possession rules but I ain't got a clue about how to do that.
The answers are somewhere in their practice guides but I don't know which guide it is.

Jinxer
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinxer on Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:53 pm

I just noticed the link tiggy you put for the practice guide thank you gonna try and read it now.

Jinxer
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggy on Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:10 am

If it's a type A restriction then refer to Section 6.2 on how to cancel it.

Tiggy
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinxer on Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:43 am

I'm going to look into putting it into a family trust with my son being the beneficiary if anything happens to me. I have a bank account that is a trust account that I paid a Solicitor to write the trust document, which was just a template from off somewhere and she filled the blanks in. Anyone know of a template for a family trust document to use for land registry.

Jinxer
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum