The GOODF Approach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Allodial Title
by urchinatheart Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Grow Potatoes
by Mrblue2015 Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:18 am

» Feed Yourself For Less
by assassin Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:23 pm

» New GOODF - small account closed upon Notice 3
by RaspberryBlu Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:02 pm

» DWP
by daveiron Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:23 am

» LGA1888 sect79 sub2
by urchinatheart Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:15 am

» Know who you are
by badvoc Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:51 pm

» Know Who You Are Even More Volumes To Come
by LionsShare Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:24 am

» Council Tax questions we should all be asking
by LionsShare Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:05 am

» Woke, Nimbys, Snowflakes and idiots
by urchinatheart Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:09 am

» Never Buy Seeds Again
by assassin Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:14 pm

» Ovo bank giro?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:07 pm

» Is your car a government remote controled car???
by Lopsum Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:48 pm

» peacekeepers apprantly get a c'tax win?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:14 am

» Can I Complete The Food Circle
by urchinatheart Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:46 am

» Council tax and summons for arrest
by LionsShare Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:44 pm

» THIS IS THE ONE ?
by schist Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:04 pm

» Garden Share
by assassin Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:37 pm

» Allotments
by assassin Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:36 pm

» Are Lowell getting desperate ?
by Mrblue2015 Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:59 am

» Serial Posty been awarded £10'000 for a fake bite
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:23 pm

» The new ruling, lie-ability order
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:04 pm

» HO HO HO not that shinning or with clean hands !!!!!!
by badvoc Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:12 pm

by schist Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:00 pm

» DSAR
by daveiron Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:12 pm

» DVLA [Hick] Does It Work [Hick] ?
by Miss Kermit Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 pm

» know who you are volume ??
by daveiron Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:38 pm

» Hopefully A Success
by daveiron Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:28 pm

» Most Complete Bank Giro Credit
by LionsShare Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:06 pm

» Knowing our Lawful rights
by daveiron Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:05 am

» More Illegal Immigrants
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:43 pm

» SAR dispute
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:32 pm

» There goes Ireland, his off.
by midnight Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:07 pm

» The infamous DP continus
by urchinatheart Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:01 pm

» Call to the DVLA
by urchinatheart Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:36 pm

» BEWARE OF TSB BANK
by daveiron Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:53 am

» Help / Advice needed on ongoing neighbour harassment
by memegirl777 Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:51 pm

» United Kingdom? Really?
by assassin Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:17 pm

» DWP and HMRC alleged debts
by assassin Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:20 pm

» HSBC advice please.
by Trishiapp28 Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:36 am

» He is going to save us again
by flyingfish Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:00 pm

» Government fraud
by midnight Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:01 am

» how to remove a shareholder?
by scrwm Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:06 pm

» I DO NOT CONSENT [62%] - ReformUK got 5% of the electorate. Labour 17%
by badvoc Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:25 pm

» What can ai do about Santander
by Godfastro Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:47 am

» Useful videos Council Tax
by daveiron Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:05 pm

» broadcaster vs me
by scrwm Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:37 pm

» The new GOODF process works
by urchinatheart Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:45 am

» Worth a watch
by LionsShare Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:11 am

» Farmers IsThis What's Needed?
by LionsShare Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:46 pm

» Debt Bomb 11
by Biggiebest Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:05 pm

» accepted dca alleged debt
by Mrblue2015 Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:09 pm

» DVLA
by daveiron Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:20 pm

» Solicitors contacted me via e-mail asking for money.
by Kaddabriol Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:12 pm

» Claiming again
by LionsShare Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:07 am

Moon phases

Moving Off Grid

Go down

Moving Off Grid Empty Moving Off Grid

Post by assassin Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:45 am

Its a question I hear a lot, what is moving off grid? and in reality there is no specific answer or specific protocols to follow as every journey is as individual as you as my definition of moving off grid to me means anything someone does to reduce their reliance on the system by taking it over themselves and using their own energy to replace that reliance on the system and it can be something as simple as a few projects such as composting their waste to moving fully off grid by living in the middle of a wood with no services where an individual hunts for fresh meat and grows all their produce for fruit and veg.
Many people begin to remove themselves from the grid because of financial difficulties or debt as they look for another way to adapt to their circumstances to a low income through being unemployed and being into a low paid job and they struggle to survive, or they struggle through rising prices while wages remain the same; others may have an issue with the environment and not like food grown in a poor environment and being shipped half way around the world, others may not like the rampant consumerism of the one world agenda currently being played out.

What can I do to come off grid and how do I go about it? in essence its down to individual choice and your specific issues or reasons which dictate your starting point and if its for financial reasons you could begin to grow your own food and put your energies into this and reduce your shopping bills substantially, if its for environmental reasons then you could put some guttering up around your garage, sheds, or any other outbuildings and collect the water for garden watering and use your tap for drinking water only and reduce your water bills if you are on a meter, or you could compost your waste and provide your own compost for free. What you do need to do before embarking on any project, large or small is to do a lot of research as there are a lot of good ideas out there from people who actually do it rather than talking about it and these are a valuable source of ideas and information which you can use in their entirity or adapt or modify for your individual circumstances as most people dont have the land I have to cultivate to become self sufficient in food, and you may want a number of projects you choose to be interconnected which means you can cherry pick elements from several ideas to make it work for you.

How long do projects take? again this is asking "how long is a piece of string" because the variety of projects you can undertake can be so simple that they can be undertaken in a day and others may be complex and take weeks, months, or years; and this does factor in what skills you have and what skills you dont have and if you need to pay for the skills you dont have, or if you can barter for the skills you dont have and the time it takes the people you have bartered with to complete the work. This is where community spirit comes into play as if you have a number of like minded friends in your community they will all bring different skills to the table for you to exploit and many of these skills can be taught or learned to improve your practical skill sets which can be used for the benefit of others to repay your debt without entering the world of commerce and paying using cash.
Many things may involve your family making a change, if your wife/husband doesn't like running to the compost heap with food peelings then she/he wont do it for long and the excuses will begin to flow such as "its raining and I am not going outside; small children may relish the idea of helping and run outside to the compost heap with peelings and compostable waste and often run outside with little clothing or shoes on, so you need the input from the entire family and a willingness to make changes to your new lifestyle.

If you are looking to move away from the grid then you need to evaluate what you want to achieve and set a schedule, you need to keep this flexible with regards to cost and time for larger projects, and ensure you work out the costs for everything, most people begin with:

Gardening - this is a cheap way to produce your own food and you can often begin harvesting some crops within months or grow some crops nearly all year round now, this saves money within months, some crops may take a few years to establish such as fruit bushes before they begin cropping.

Water harvesting - many people see this as a nice way to save money if they have a water meter and they begin by putting guttering around one outbuilding and collecting water in barrels for their garden, as time and finances permit they begin work on another outbuilding to harvest the rainwater from its roof meaning this is an evolutionary project as it evolves.

Composting - this is a nice easy project to undertake and can yield a lot of compost from your waste products and it also fills the ground with a nice rich liquid fertiliser composting produces which is why many people build two composting bins and fill one and when its full of compost they switch to the second composting bin and begin emptying the first bin and resite it in another location and use its original location for planting to use that nicely nourished soil.

Log burners - these are a nice way of saving on energy bills as great savings can be made of you have a source of wood or logs as you can fire a log burner up in Autumn when temperatures drop, then run it through winter until Spring and easily make savings of 50% or more on your gas bills.

Remember that any project needs a financial outlay, a couple of pallets still require you to fetch them which uses vehicle fuel and nails to attach the sections together and while this may be a small initial outlay something such as a log burner may require an outlay of several hundred pounds and take a couple of years to recoup so be prudent.
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down