Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» UK Column
by ceylon Today at 3:18 pm

» The Ledger Bait, Dead Men Have No Rights Justinian Deception Channel and ROHAN
by iamani Today at 3:09 pm

» Predictive programming and the music industry.
by Awoken2 Today at 3:04 pm

» Let's Have Some Tunes thread.
by Society of the Spectacle Today at 2:29 pm

» The budget deceit & animal haters?
by ceylon Today at 11:15 am

» DCA called
by 1saberwow Today at 9:40 am

» Copy of signed loan contract
by Ausk Today at 9:01 am

» Joint Bank Giro Credit Slip Missing Utility Company Has Not sent with their fake bill/s Need advice please .
by LionsShare Today at 8:35 am

» Help Required By Members
by assassin Today at 3:06 am

» Liability Order in Respect of Council Tax....
by iamani Today at 1:25 am

» Water Distiller Recommendations?
by urchinatheart Today at 1:12 am

» sold debit
by iamani Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Continued ADL censorship of the internet
by Kestrel Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Residence and Domicile
by iamani Yesterday at 8:09 pm

» Reality chat with peter howard and company
by Society of the Spectacle Yesterday at 7:50 pm

» Options......on Presentment
by iamani Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» Cabot - Catalogue
by dkent1977 Yesterday at 7:11 pm

» The 5 Big No's Wheat,Meat,Dairy,Starch and SOY.
by WokeBro Yesterday at 3:07 pm

» Geo Engineering, are we seeing another avoidable tragedy?
by Awoken2 Yesterday at 2:47 pm

» toms house case
by jooboi Yesterday at 11:15 am

» Troy on language
by ceylon Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Has Mugabe gone? Brexit no deal? Is it the END?
by ceylon Yesterday at 10:14 am

» Gardening Cheats
by assassin Yesterday at 1:55 am

» What the health!!
by Society of the Spectacle Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:59 pm

» The House of Torlonia
by Phillpots Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:15 pm

» Dirty Tricks
by assassin Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:07 pm

» Took me a while
by assassin Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:53 pm

» MUST SEE- Re Diabetes. Just out-but only 1st episode available.--Episode 1 - The Black Death of the 21st Century--Ep 7 just uploaded.
by epsom Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:42 pm

» Halifax Overdraft
by Willy Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:58 pm

» Cabot and interesting letters...
by Gman76 Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:54 pm

» jacobs/council tax
by pieintheskywhenIdie Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:19 am

» I've got one now - "Pastdue Credit Solutions Ltd" / SSE
by pieintheskywhenIdie Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:16 am

» sol excalibre with cookiemonster
by Society of the Spectacle Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:09 pm

» Do this EVERY time you receive a debt collect demand/claim
by assassin Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:09 pm

» LINK Financial
by assassin Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:57 pm

» Slaughterbots
by epsom Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:03 pm

» Querying a Barclaycard debt
by choccylover Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:35 pm

Legal firm calling

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Legal firm calling

Post by 1saberwow on Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:25 am

Yesterday i had someone called and left no message. Today got another one and they left the name of their firm but nothing else. My question is is it ethical for a law firm to call and leave no message or to call instead of sending out a letter that can explain what they are wanting? And do i have to return their call?

1saberwow
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Re: Legal firm calling

Post by daveiron on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:18 am

Personally i would not call, wait for anything in writing. Also its very easy to slip up when using the phone & you can be sure they will be recording it.

Did they say who they were ? If you are not expecting anything like this ,try the 'whocallsme ' website .You never know it may just be a scam call & in which case other folks may have posted as such.

You have no obligation to return their call ,as you say not ethical . Dont forget only ever deal with letters ,nothing else.

daveiron
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by 1saberwow on Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:15 pm

Hi daveiron. I will not call them just because the text said their name. This is part to scare me i think into calling them and as you said to make a slip. If they are hired by this dca that they really want what they call their money. They may have paid 10% for it but they want the full amount and will do anything to get what they want. Last year this dca had said in a letter that they could not location the application and no mention of the Agreement but this too they do not have either. As faljay said when he started helping me that if they had the agreement that they would have used it way before now. So if they have no agreement and or no application that how can they prove that they own the alleged debt in court that they can show that they are the new creditor? The old site had said that the earlier t's & c's may not mention about selling anything in the agreements and i did have a dispute that the Bank never answered and later sold the account to the dca to possibly clear their books.

1saberwow
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron on Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:35 pm

Hi Isaberwow,

I presume that you sent them the 3 letters a long time ago.
However take a look at the new 3 letters ,more things are asked from them now ,it would not do any harm to respond to them if you wish using info in the new letters.

daveiron
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by petesomething on Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:23 pm

hI 1saberwow ,

never talk to these people on the phone,

i would do like daveiron said if you need to respond , start with the new 3 letter, and bill them
what some DCA,s do if they dont have the paperwork  after the 3 letters is  leave you alone but later try again to get your money just hoping you will pay , but you must stay strong
petesomething
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin on Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:30 pm

Be careful here as they employ a tactic called "shotgunning" which is highly illegal, but a way of finding out who you are, let me explain.

You have any town, city, or other place, and a solicitor wants to find somebody and they have only the name to go on, they trawl the electoral register and find 20 people with that name, they contact 20 people by phone or leave a note, but why? LIABILITY.

Most people are stupid enough to contact them and offer all sorts of information and claim they are not the person they want, and by doing this they are being silly because they are making denials and playing the shotgunning game and are implicating themselves in the game, and if any actions are taken against the solicitor they are making themselves jointly liable. By doing so it is deemed a voluntary action.

I had this some years ago, a solicitors company contacted me and sent an entire legal bundle to my address, it was for someone of the same name but who lived on the other side of town to me, they had given me all this guy's personal and confidential information. I rang them and played dumb and they tried interrogating me which of course failed and I got the name of the solicitor who sent these documents and thought striking off time for her then.
I went to his old address on the pretext I had received correspondence for him and they offered me his forwarding address, in addition I spoke to his neighbours who gave me his employers name and much more information, fortunately I knew the companies head man who spoke to this guy and contacted me and we arranged a neutral meeting place (with CCTV) and we met, he confirmed his identity and I gave him his documentation.

End result? solicitor caught shotgunning, solicitor admitted to the name, full investigation and solicitor struck off and paid us both compensation to prevent a civil tort against herself.
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1saberwow on Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:41 pm

I am ignoring their calls as like from the old site that we were told and like on here not to talk as we may say something and this is why we must wait for there letter to arrive by post.
I looked at the letters and noticed that there are no estoppel letter. Where is the estoppel letter on the site or have i mot looked properly? I can speculate about this law firm but that will not help me and so i will wait for them to write. Part of their tacit is to get me to be worried and call them.
One thought is that the dca has involved them to scare me so as i would cave-in and pay them. But they have never shown proof that they own this and they just want this money without heading into court to prove it in court that they are the legal owner.one of their tacits is to involve lawyers as their research shows that normal people will be scared by having a lawyer call. At first i was scared but to answer their call would get myself into trouble as there will be no trail to follow and so as i said that i will wait for their letter to arrive.
The letters are for using in the uk and i will have to adjust for australia and may need a bit of help with that.

1saberwow
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Ausk on Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:02 am

happy to look over your letters.

Ausk
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by aarons1950 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:25 pm

Iv'e had calls from a number I didnt' recognise - I never answer calls unless I know who it is and if they dont' leave a message I know its usually a scam of some kind - and put it into whocallsme and it came back as a solicitors. I wasnt' worried because I dont' owe anybody anything so I knew they wasnt' chasing me for a debt. When I put the name into google it turns out it was one of them firms who fishes for accident claims. As I havent' had an accident I dont' know how they got my number which is ex-directary anyway but if you dont' know why there calling you you might want to search the name of the solicitors to see if they are just fishing for accident claims.

aarons1950
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin on Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:32 am

They sell telephone numbers and the subscribers name and address on disks and in other formats and they just block dial them, I like to play with them and take up their time, good to speak several languages if you can as this confuses them.
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1saberwow on Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:44 am

Well i have had no calls today or none yesterday either. So since i got no calls i thought maybe i would get a letter but i checked the mailbox and nothing. It might have been something and if not i will wait and see next week. Maybe because i never responded to their calls and even when they typed their company name and had legal and the country. Also it would be unethical for any law firm to do something like that as they can get reported. But i will do some research into what this firm does and see where it leads.

1saberwow
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by pitano1 on Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:20 am

Fed up with nuisance calls? Discover what they are and how to prevent them
http://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/bt-devices/what-are-nuisance-calls-how-to-stop-them-11364055573542

Most phone providers have a version of a number block.

In my experience...[brilliant]

If one slips through i answer....i never discuss business on
the phone,or answer questions.

pitano1
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top