Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» My credit card come back alive
by daveiron Today at 6:25 am

» New member from old GOODF, need some advice
by watevah Today at 2:29 am

» Spring Onions
by assassin Today at 2:05 am

» BBC TV Licensing harass the public but look what happens if we knock on their door!
by midnight Yesterday at 11:36 pm

» A woman is arrested after asking MET Police why muslims are allowed to break the law
by midnight Yesterday at 10:37 pm

» ...The KaK & M@© Show. Are wood burning stoves the new CRACK?
by ceylon Yesterday at 5:30 pm

» County Court Claim
by 2521183 Yesterday at 3:09 pm

» UK Column
by ceylon Yesterday at 3:02 pm

» Hello found you again
by 2521183 Yesterday at 2:53 pm

» COUNTY COURT CLAIM - CPR18 - Credit Agreement Provided. How to amend
by 2521183 Yesterday at 2:47 pm

» ...Is it propaganda time to attack Russia? Are you ready for the False flag on the 25th?
by ceylon Yesterday at 12:44 pm

» GDPR - might keep the banks and DCAs etc at bay (legally)
by pieintheskywhenIdie Yesterday at 12:28 pm

» Amazon selling facial recognition to police
by handle Yesterday at 10:40 am

» Lowell Providing "statement" as proof for alleged debt
by stormy121 Yesterday at 9:58 am

» Planting Radish Microgreens
by actinglikeabanker Yesterday at 8:25 am

» Super Simple DIY Router Table
by actinglikeabanker Yesterday at 8:12 am

» Dumb Policeman
by assassin Yesterday at 1:26 am

» Reality chat with peter howard and company
by Society of the Spectacle Wed May 23, 2018 7:36 pm

» Legal/Lawful Precedents
by assassin Wed May 23, 2018 7:29 pm

» ...The KaK & M@© Show Wedding fiasco is it all over yet?
by ceylon Wed May 23, 2018 5:04 pm

» Lowell Threatening Legal Action
by Geech Wed May 23, 2018 4:54 pm

» Lowell threatening me Again !!
by 1saberwow Wed May 23, 2018 4:19 pm

» Diabetes Reading - Essential Reading
by assassin Wed May 23, 2018 4:14 pm

» Lowell Solictors
by Geech Wed May 23, 2018 4:06 pm

» UK Column Thursday 23/05/2018: The Rabbit in the Headlights One.
by ceylon Wed May 23, 2018 2:55 pm

» Is Cabot Financial a DCA or Debt Purchaser?
by daveiron Wed May 23, 2018 2:05 pm

» ...Has Boris done such a good job he deserves his own private jet?
by ceylon Wed May 23, 2018 12:54 pm

» 2 separate Marston Debts
by daveiron Wed May 23, 2018 10:06 am

» Fortresses
by assassin Wed May 23, 2018 2:30 am

» Hedgerow Food Plants that Grow WILD
by Society of the Spectacle Tue May 22, 2018 8:01 pm

» Seize the Day
by actinglikeabanker Tue May 22, 2018 5:09 pm

» Hello
by actinglikeabanker Tue May 22, 2018 1:57 pm

» ...Is it FALSE FLAG CELEBRATION DAY?
by ceylon Tue May 22, 2018 10:07 am

» Received agreement from DCA
by daveiron Tue May 22, 2018 9:06 am

» statute barred or not? best way to deal with MMF/Latern!
by stormy121 Tue May 22, 2018 9:04 am

» Predictive programming and the music industry.
by Awoken2 Mon May 21, 2018 10:06 pm

» sol excalibre with cookiemonster
by Society of the Spectacle Mon May 21, 2018 7:50 pm

Moon phases

Querying a Barclaycard debt

Go down

Querying a Barclaycard debt

Post by choccylover on Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:59 am

Hello

In the last few months I have been receiving letters relating to a debt for £700 with Barclaycard now held by HPH being collected by a company called Robinson Way. Now to the best of my knowledge I've never had a Barclaycard IF I did it was well over 10 years ago

I was on a DMP which I ended, I won some money and paid £9000 debts off knowing there was an Egg debt out there which is also paid now.

I need to query this but not sure how to go about it as all my searches I end up with the term Statute Barred and am unsure wether to wait as I believe if I acknowledge this letter etc I agree to the debt being owed

Also I have recently applied for PPI refund I ticked the form for a Barclaycard debt due to this letter now Fast track have written back saying Barclays have no knowledge of my previous addresses of which there are only 4 which I included on the forms I sent back to them.

I have sent Fast Track the Account number for the above Barclaycard shown on the debt letter

choccylover
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Re: Querying a Barclaycard debt

Post by daveiron on Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:36 am

Hi,

You could write to Robbing Way and tell them you have no knowledge of any such account & to provide proof ( if you really do not know about alleged account)..

Or if you think there is a possibility it may be yours ( Egg was bought by Barclays) then start the new 3 letters.

you are in danger of digging yourself into a hole .Why are you claiming PPI on an account you claim not to have.Also should it emerge that you do in fact have this account ,any money due to you on the PPI will be deducted from the alleged balance anyway.

daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggy on Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:37 am

@choccylover wrote:Hello

In the last few months I have been receiving letters relating to a debt for £700 with Barclaycard now held by HPH being collected by a company called Robinson Way. Now to the best of my knowledge I've never had a Barclaycard IF I did it was well over 10 years ago

I was on a DMP which I ended,  I won some money and paid £9000 debts off knowing there was an Egg debt out there which is also paid now.

I need to query this but not sure how to go about it as all my searches I end up with the term Statute Barred and am unsure wether to wait as I believe if I acknowledge this letter etc I agree to the debt being owed

Also I have recently applied for PPI refund I ticked the form for a Barclaycard debt due to this letter now Fast track have written back saying Barclays have no knowledge of my previous addresses of which there are only 4 which I included on the forms I sent back to them.

I have sent Fast Track the Account number for the above Barclaycard shown on the debt letter

Barclaycard took over egg and converted all the accounts to Barclaycard.

A debt will only be statute barred 6 years (5 in Scotland) after a formal default notice was issued or if you were in a debt management plan from the date the last payment or acknowledgment of the debt was made. So when did you cancel the DMP.

So if you think you've paid this off I would suggest you do a Subject Access Request to Barclaycard to see what records they hold of the payment made.

Tiggy

Back to top Go down

Post by choccylover on Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:07 am

Daveiron

Thanks for replying. I claimed the PPI with Barclaycard knowing they bought Egg card with whom I knew I had a previous debt

choccylover
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by choccylover on Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:17 am

Tiggy

Thanks for replying. I ended the DMP in 2014 I am sure no payments went to a Barclaycard debt. My Egg card debt was paid off in August 2017. Both card numbers are different so I have to assume two separate debts. I will look at the Subject Access Request as you suggest and/or visit CAB

choccylover
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggy on Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:30 am

@choccylover wrote:Tiggy

Thanks for replying. I ended the DMP in 2014 I am sure no payments went to a Barclaycard debt. My Egg card debt was paid off in August 2017. Both card numbers are different so I have to assume two separate debts. I will look at the Subject Access Request as you suggest and/or visit CAB
When you say 'both cards' have a different account number, do you mean egg and the Barclaycard? If so, then if it is an egg converted to Barclaycard they will have as Barclays converted all the egg accounts.

Who did you pay back in 2014 when you thought you were paying an egg account off?

Tiggy

Back to top Go down

Post by choccylover on Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:07 pm

Tiggy

I didn't realise the numbers would have changed. The debt through my DMP was being paid to Marbles.

choccylover
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggy on Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:28 pm

@choccylover wrote:Tiggy

I didn't realise the numbers would have changed. The debt through my DMP was being paid to Marbles.

Sorry, I think you misunderstood the question, you said you paid the egg debt off in 2014, who exactly did you pay money to if it wasn't Barclaycard (ie who did you transfer the money / make a cheque out to)?

Tiggy

Back to top Go down

Post by choccylover on Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:35 pm

Tiggy

It was August 2017 (as above) when I paid the Egg debt off this was paid to NCO Europe. I then received a letter from Capquest regarding this payment saying the account is now settled also as the default was recorded over 6 years ago there will be no update to my credit profile as the account is no longer being recorded.

Thankyou again

choccylover
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum