» Clean up.
by midnight Today at 9:56 pm

» Strange new symbol at speakers corner
by daveiron Today at 8:09 pm

» Advice for partner - LOWELL
by DRAGONBORN11 Today at 7:16 pm

» Parking Eye now DRP on my back
by daveiron Today at 7:00 pm

» ...The KaK & M@© Show. £10 a car How much are they scamming out of the public?
by ceylon Today at 6:32 pm

» INFO - NEW Civil Procedure Rules Pre-Action Protocols introduced OCTOBER 2017
by barnwebb Today at 3:42 pm

» Lowell threatening me Again !!
by waylander62 Today at 3:41 pm

» Directions questionaire from lowells solicitors
by jack Today at 3:33 pm

» AMIGOS LOANS ON MY BACK
by waylander62 Today at 3:31 pm

» HELP Demand? I think I have a CCJ!
by Andee Today at 3:13 pm

» Single Justice Procedure Notice
by Winston Today at 2:33 pm

» Single Justice Procedure Notice
by Winston Today at 2:32 pm

» UK Column
by ceylon Today at 2:16 pm

» MORTGAGE FRAUD
by handle Today at 1:46 pm

» DW Fitness, Parking eye and Debt recovery plus
by anonymousHudd Today at 1:42 pm

» Duped into guarantor, severe mental health issues
by waylander62 Today at 1:12 pm

» ...Did the government protect serial killer doctor?
by ceylon Today at 10:58 am

» ...The KaK & M@© Show. What is value added theft?
by ceylon Yesterday at 10:10 pm

» Are you the only one awake in your family ?
by Tom Bombadil Yesterday at 9:56 pm

» Lowell
by Barstool666 Yesterday at 8:34 pm

» Helping a friend
by waylander62 Yesterday at 8:05 pm

» What are the three foundation documents?
by jack Yesterday at 5:14 pm

» Essex & Suffolk Water
by Sharpysparky Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» Natorial Protest
by Sharpysparky Yesterday at 4:56 pm

» PPI - Could claiming jeopardise the 3 letter system?
by handle Yesterday at 1:47 pm

» Paper Dart
by handle Yesterday at 1:40 pm

» ...Is it time to end the monarchy?
by ceylon Yesterday at 11:43 am

» Grooming gangs target muslim girls too , where's tommy #
by Lopsum Yesterday at 11:00 am

» ...The KaK & M@© Show. Is there really a threat to TERROR cooperation if UK quits human rights convention?
by ceylon Yesterday at 9:36 am

» council and lake excess
by freeland Yesterday at 6:48 am

» i Phone Hacking
by handle Yesterday at 5:40 am

» LOWELL/BW LEGAL SUCCESS
by waylander62 Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:33 pm

» £25,000 debt friend unfortunately being paying £1 a month,can I help ?
by waylander62 Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:07 pm

» Latest from CrimeBodge
by daveiron Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:59 pm

» Information from rob ess
by daveiron Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:05 pm

» Latest from Windows on the World
by daveiron Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:05 pm

» 1st time on here!!!
by Andee Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:56 pm

Moon phases

DVLA_ Convicted in absence? STatutory declaration

Go down

DVLA_ Convicted in absence? STatutory declaration

Post by 2powerwashing on Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:58 am

Hi all,

I have been in an argument with DVLA about a non-insured car. Basically the car was totally wrecked, you can't even roll it, but I kept it for parts and made a SORN.

The crucial thing here is that I couldn't find the log book at the time to do this online, so I sent the SORN by post using a DVLA form.

DVLA weren't having this as apparently they did not get the SORN, but I'm supposed to know this and chase THEM up??? SO I get an £80 fine, and another £80 fine because it's untaxed!

I wrote in appeal and sent photos of the "car", and explained about the SORN form, but again they aren't hjaving it and say I've got no right of appeal.

Next thing I receive a Notice of fine and collection order from the court for £350!!! (a real magistrates court- not NOrthampton). No hearing, no chance to put my defence, nothing just straight in with a collection order!

Am I misisng something here, and how is this even possible?

SO I have looked around on line a bit and it looks like there should have been a hearing and a chance to make a plea (I think my defence is reasonable and I would like it to be heard), and if the first I hear of court procedings is a collection order than I can make a STATUTORY DECLARATION and get the process rebooted.

ANyone got any views on this or experience of this process? It seems this is being dealt with by the magistrates court- not Civil.

Cheers, 2p

2powerwashing
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Re: DVLA_ Convicted in absence? STatutory declaration

Post by MikeThomas on Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:22 am

Article 12 of the 1689 Bill of Rights.   Look it up and quote it to them. Very Happy

MikeThomas
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggy on Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:28 am

@2powerwashing wrote:Hi all,

I have been in an argument with DVLA about a non-insured car. Basically the car was totally wrecked, you can't even roll it, but I kept it for parts and made a SORN.

The crucial thing here is that I couldn't find the log book at the time to do this online, so I sent the SORN by post using a DVLA form.

DVLA weren't having this as apparently they did not get the SORN, but I'm supposed to know this and chase THEM up??? SO I get an £80 fine, and another £80 fine because it's untaxed!

I wrote in appeal and sent photos of the "car", and explained about the SORN form,  but again they aren't hjaving it and say I've got no right of appeal.

Next thing I receive a Notice of fine and collection order from the court for £350!!! (a real magistrates court- not NOrthampton). No hearing, no chance to put my defence, nothing just straight in with a collection order!

Am I misisng something here, and how is this even possible?

SO I have looked around on line a bit and it looks like there should have been a hearing and a chance to make a plea (I think my defence is reasonable and I would like it to be heard), and if the first I hear of court procedings is a collection order than I can make a STATUTORY DECLARATION and get the process rebooted.

ANyone got any views on this or experience of this process? It seems this is being dealt with by the magistrates court- not Civil.

Cheers, 2p

Yes, do a Statutory Declaration.

Tiggy

Back to top Go down

Post by 2powerwashing on Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:30 am

@MikeThomas wrote:Article 12 of the 1689 Bill of Rights.   Look it up and quote it to them. Very Happy

Grants of Forfeitures.

That all Grants and Promises of Fines and Forfeitures of particular persons before conviction are illegal and void.

nice. That's a handy one to have up your sleeve. I wonder what the consequences are of making a "promise of fine" before conviction?

In this case this won't help because it looks unfortunately as if I have been convicted already.

SO what I did was download a form for making a stat declaration

**** Cannot post the link as this profile is new***** But a form does exist from justice.gov, it's part of the criminal procedure rules

This takes you straight to the form.

I filled it out --truthfully-- that the first thing I heard about this case was a collection order, not a summons/ whatever. Then I took it to a solicitor who witnessed it, I had to repeat a statement about truth, and the solicitor signed it off and it cost me £5.

Because I acted straight away after finding this out it SHOULD be OK, but if someone delays beyond 21 days this might not re-open a case for them, it's worth a punt though but you need a good excuse for why it took you so long, like if you had to wait to get it witnessed etc.

I have read advice that if you hand deliver the statutory declaration to the court they try to summons you there and then to reconvict. I need more time to get a letter from my insurance, colour photos etc. to strengthen my evidence, so I sent this recorded delivery.

We shall see....

2powerwashing
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggy on Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:18 pm

The statutory declaration at this point is just to say you didn't receive the summons, you need to get that in ASAP.

Tiggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum