The GOODF Approach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Psychological Operation - Evidence on more fraud
by badvoc Today at 9:54 am

» Allodial Title
by urchinatheart Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Grow Potatoes
by Mrblue2015 Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:18 am

» Feed Yourself For Less
by assassin Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:23 pm

» New GOODF - small account closed upon Notice 3
by RaspberryBlu Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:02 pm

» DWP
by daveiron Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:23 am

» LGA1888 sect79 sub2
by urchinatheart Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:15 am

» Know who you are
by badvoc Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:51 pm

» Know Who You Are Even More Volumes To Come
by LionsShare Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:24 am

» Council Tax questions we should all be asking
by LionsShare Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:05 am

» Woke, Nimbys, Snowflakes and idiots
by urchinatheart Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:09 am

» Never Buy Seeds Again
by assassin Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:14 pm

» Ovo bank giro?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:07 pm

» Is your car a government remote controled car???
by Lopsum Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:48 pm

» peacekeepers apprantly get a c'tax win?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:14 am

» Can I Complete The Food Circle
by urchinatheart Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:46 am

» Council tax and summons for arrest
by LionsShare Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:44 pm

» THIS IS THE ONE ?
by schist Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:04 pm

» Garden Share
by assassin Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:37 pm

» Allotments
by assassin Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:36 pm

» Are Lowell getting desperate ?
by Mrblue2015 Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:59 am

» Serial Posty been awarded £10'000 for a fake bite
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:23 pm

» The new ruling, lie-ability order
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:04 pm

» HO HO HO not that shinning or with clean hands !!!!!!
by badvoc Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:12 pm

by schist Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:00 pm

» DSAR
by daveiron Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:12 pm

» DVLA [Hick] Does It Work [Hick] ?
by Miss Kermit Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 pm

» know who you are volume ??
by daveiron Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:38 pm

» Hopefully A Success
by daveiron Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:28 pm

» Most Complete Bank Giro Credit
by LionsShare Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:06 pm

» Knowing our Lawful rights
by daveiron Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:05 am

» More Illegal Immigrants
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:43 pm

» SAR dispute
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:32 pm

» There goes Ireland, his off.
by midnight Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:07 pm

» The infamous DP continus
by urchinatheart Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:01 pm

» Call to the DVLA
by urchinatheart Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:36 pm

» BEWARE OF TSB BANK
by daveiron Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:53 am

» Help / Advice needed on ongoing neighbour harassment
by memegirl777 Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:51 pm

» United Kingdom? Really?
by assassin Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:17 pm

» DWP and HMRC alleged debts
by assassin Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:20 pm

» HSBC advice please.
by Trishiapp28 Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:36 am

» He is going to save us again
by flyingfish Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:00 pm

» Government fraud
by midnight Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:01 am

» how to remove a shareholder?
by scrwm Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:06 pm

» I DO NOT CONSENT [62%] - ReformUK got 5% of the electorate. Labour 17%
by badvoc Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:25 pm

» What can ai do about Santander
by Godfastro Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:47 am

» Useful videos Council Tax
by daveiron Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:05 pm

» broadcaster vs me
by scrwm Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:37 pm

» The new GOODF process works
by urchinatheart Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:45 am

» Worth a watch
by LionsShare Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:11 am

» Farmers IsThis What's Needed?
by LionsShare Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:46 pm

» Debt Bomb 11
by Biggiebest Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:05 pm

» accepted dca alleged debt
by Mrblue2015 Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:09 pm

» DVLA
by daveiron Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:20 pm

» Solicitors contacted me via e-mail asking for money.
by Kaddabriol Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:12 pm

Moon phases

Court summons for non payment of council Tax.

+2
Tiggy
SAFA
6 posters

Go down

Court summons for non payment of council Tax. Empty Court summons for non payment of council Tax.

Post by SAFA Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:38 pm

Hello Everyone.
The council have alleged that Tax has not been paid by my partner, and now has been summoned to court with extra court charges.
The council demands the council tax to be paid on 21st of the month, however my girlfriend only gets paid on 28th of the month. She had spoken to the council about this issue months ago, this was discussed and agreed over the telephone and setup a standing order for the 28th of each month after she has been paid. Everything has been fine over the past couple months, and now all of a sudden this. How can this be, they have been getting their money every month. What can we do? My girlfriend says she is prepared to go to court, what can we do? how can this be right. Please help. :-)
SAFA
SAFA
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Court summons for non payment of council Tax. Empty Re: Court summons for non payment of council Tax.

Post by Tiggy Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:14 pm

SAFA wrote:Hello Everyone.
The council have alleged that Tax has not been paid by my partner, and now has been summoned to court with extra court charges.
The council demands the council tax to be paid on 21st of the month, however  my girlfriend only gets paid on 28th of the month. She had spoken to the council about this issue months ago, this was discussed and agreed over the telephone and setup a standing order for the 28th of each month after she has been paid. Everything has been fine over the past couple months, and now all of a sudden this. How can this be, they have been getting their money every month. What can we do? My girlfriend says she is prepared to  go to court, what can we do? how can this be right. Please help. :-)
Did she get a letter of confirmation about the change of payment date ?

Tiggy

Back to top Go down

Court summons for non payment of council Tax. Empty Re: Court summons for non payment of council Tax.

Post by Ausk Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:08 am

Always polity ask the person on the other end to send you confirmation, in writing is most preferred, ie not in electronic format.

if they say their company 'policy' prohibits this ask for a copy of that too.

Ausk

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeThomas Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:37 pm

If debt is civil then why does the Magistrates Court claim jurisdiction on Council Tax?

MikeThomas
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsShare Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:44 pm

MikeThomas wrote:If debt is civil then why does the Magistrates Court claim jurisdiction on Council Tax?
Hi MikeThomas,

please read this thread from start to finish, it may give you the answer you seek:

https://goodf.forumotion.com/t604p25-liability-order-in-respect-of-council-tax
LionsShare
LionsShare

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggy Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:04 pm

MikeThomas wrote:If debt is civil then why does the Magistrates Court claim jurisdiction on Council Tax?

It's written into the Council Tax (Administration & Enforcement) Regulations 1992 that non payment is dealt with by the Magistrates Court and because it includes committal proceedings for a refusal to pay.

Tiggy

Back to top Go down

Post by SAFA Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:32 pm

Hi Tiggy, thanks for your information, we will phone the council tomorrow and ask for confirmation that they do not issue change in payment in writing via post, she will ask them tomorrow to send this information. They did confirm over the phone a couple of months ago that the changes were made and not to worry, she has logged this call the date and time and can ask for a copy of the phone call. We will phone them tomorrow and keep everyone updated on how things go. My girlfiend is upset at the moment and emotionally unable to read legislation at the moment. But we will have a look over the weekend when she feels better. Love you guys thanks.
SAFA
SAFA
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Ausk Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:16 am

Tiggy wrote:

It's written into the Council Tax (Administration & Enforcement) Regulations 1992 that non payment is dealt with by the Magistrates Court and because it includes committal proceedings for a refusal to pay.

This is why we all need to lean commercial or contract law. According to commercial law, everything is an offer and we have 4 ways of dealing with it.

1. Remain silent. The number one Fatal mistake!
2. Reject it
3. Accept it
4. Conditionally Accept it - I accept you offer to pay by xyz date conditional upon proof of claim that (for example; the Council Tax, Administration & Enforcement, Regulations 1992, prohibits the council from granting a period of 7 days grace to those who submit documentary evidence of financial hardship with in 7 days of request for such evidence.)

Conditionally accepted offers put the onus of proof on to the other party.

look up Creditors in Commerce - Contract = Law Workshops

Ausk

Back to top Go down

Post by SAFA Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:22 pm

Court case is 15th January 2018, our best defense would be Conditionally accept as suggested by Ausk (Thanks Ausk). Also we could ask the council to show proof where My partner has refused to pay. My partner has not refused to pay, she only moved her payment date of her direct debit to a standing order to fall after her date she gets paid by her employer to avoid direct debits being returned again. She telephoned the council and agreed to do a standing order. Her standing order is calculated so that the council receives the full payment after a year (Using the council figures). Full payment divided by 12. So the payments will be up to date after the 12th payment (month) or 1 year. SO I cant see how the council says she is refusing to pay. Along with a conditional offer of acceptance we will also ask the council where their proof is that She has refused to pay. Thanks for the help everyone I will keep everyone posted as we progress, and read into legislation. You have restored our confidence thank you. Have a great new year chat soon. :-)
SAFA
SAFA
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggy Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:43 pm

SAFA wrote:Court case is 15th January 2018, our best defense would be Conditionally accept as suggested by Ausk (Thanks Ausk). Also we could ask the council to show proof where My partner has refused to pay. My partner has not refused to pay, she only moved her payment date of her direct debit to a standing order to fall after her date she gets paid by her employer to avoid direct debits being returned again. She telephoned the council and agreed to do a standing order. Her standing order is calculated so that the council receives the full payment after a year (Using the council figures). Full payment divided by 12. So the payments will be up to date after the 12th payment (month) or 1 year. SO I cant see how the council says she is refusing to pay. Along with a conditional offer of acceptance we will also ask the council where their proof is that She has refused to pay. Thanks for the help everyone I will keep everyone posted as we progress, and read into legislation. You have restored our confidence thank you. Have a great new year chat soon. :-)

That's where she's gone wrong, under Schedule 1 of the Council Tax (Adminstration & Enforcement) Regulations 1992 if you pay be monthly instalments then you pay over 10 months not 12, that's why they've issued the summons.

Tiggy

Back to top Go down

Post by SAFA Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:05 am

mmm, interesting, thanks for the info Tiggy, would a conditional offer of acceptance suffice?
SAFA
SAFA
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggy Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:42 am

SAFA wrote:mmm, interesting, thanks for the info Tiggy, would a conditional offer of acceptance suffice?
Suffice? In what way? It won't stop them granting the liability order and demanding the full amount outstanding for the year, if that's what you mean.

Tiggy

Back to top Go down

Post by SAFA Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:23 am

Sorry about not being specific. You are correct, My girlfriend confirms that her payments are spread over a year, she made this offer over the phone, they excepted it and did not tell her she would end up in court. They can do a liability order and demand the payment in full, they simply wont get their money he does not have it, that is why she offered to pay over a 12 month period. I thought this phone call to the council was a conditional offer of acceptance. The call was recorded allegedly. What I meant by suffice was, would a conditional offer of acceptance keep the council from taking her to court? Her court case is on 11 January not 15th like I said previously, what would happen if she got a liability order, can they do this? This whole corrupt system blows my mind, they are cold evil bastards. Talking to us in a language we cant understand (Legalese) and them saying ignorance is no excuse. These people are not right in the head.
SAFA
SAFA
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggy Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:41 pm

SAFA wrote:Sorry about not being specific. You are correct, My girlfriend confirms that her payments are spread over a year, she made this offer over the phone, they excepted it and did not tell her she would end up in court. They can do a liability order and demand the payment in full, they simply wont get their money he does not have it, that is why she offered to pay over a 12 month period. I thought this phone call to the council was a conditional offer of acceptance. The call was recorded allegedly. What I meant by suffice was, would a conditional offer of acceptance keep the council from taking her to court? Her court case is on 11 January not 15th like I said previously, what would happen if she got a liability order, can they do this? This whole corrupt system blows my mind, they are cold evil bastards. Talking to us in a language we cant understand (Legalese) and them saying ignorance is no excuse. These people are not right in the head.

I think there may have been a misunderstanding over the telephone call, the person she spoke to couldn't agree repayment over 12 months, the regulations simply don't allow for it.

I suspect they thought she just wanted to change the date of her instalment payment.

So in answer, yes they can get the liability order, the best thing for her to do would be to go into the offices and explain the misunderstanding and see what if anything they can do, as a liability order adds £70 to the bill and then they start adding on hundreds in enforcement costs.

Tiggy

Back to top Go down

Post by waylander62 Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:59 pm

i dont normally get involved with council tax issues too much conflicting information however having read through this briefly i will offer my own bit of advice.

The council can and often do spread payments over 12 months instead of 10, and can and often do change the payment date to help people who have contacted them, normally if you have made an arrangement over the phone they will send you an amended bill with the number of payments to be made, the amount to be paid each month, and the date upon which in needs to be paid.
1) has an amended bill been sent through the post
2) have they sent you letters reminding you that your payments are overdue and threatening further action
if your court 'hearing' is on the 11th january then you have time to sort this before going to court.

waylander62
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down