The GOODF Approach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» 20 mph speed limit enforcable????
by Lopsum Today at 5:20 pm

» Psychological Operation - Evidence on more fraud
by badvoc Today at 9:54 am

» Allodial Title
by urchinatheart Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Grow Potatoes
by Mrblue2015 Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:18 am

» Feed Yourself For Less
by assassin Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:23 pm

» New GOODF - small account closed upon Notice 3
by RaspberryBlu Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:02 pm

» DWP
by daveiron Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:23 am

» LGA1888 sect79 sub2
by urchinatheart Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:15 am

» Know who you are
by badvoc Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:51 pm

» Know Who You Are Even More Volumes To Come
by LionsShare Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:24 am

» Council Tax questions we should all be asking
by LionsShare Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:05 am

» Woke, Nimbys, Snowflakes and idiots
by urchinatheart Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:09 am

» Never Buy Seeds Again
by assassin Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:14 pm

» Ovo bank giro?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:07 pm

» Is your car a government remote controled car???
by Lopsum Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:48 pm

» peacekeepers apprantly get a c'tax win?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:14 am

» Can I Complete The Food Circle
by urchinatheart Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:46 am

» Council tax and summons for arrest
by LionsShare Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:44 pm

» THIS IS THE ONE ?
by schist Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:04 pm

» Garden Share
by assassin Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:37 pm

» Allotments
by assassin Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:36 pm

» Are Lowell getting desperate ?
by Mrblue2015 Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:59 am

» Serial Posty been awarded £10'000 for a fake bite
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:23 pm

» The new ruling, lie-ability order
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:04 pm

» HO HO HO not that shinning or with clean hands !!!!!!
by badvoc Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:12 pm

by schist Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:00 pm

» DSAR
by daveiron Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:12 pm

» DVLA [Hick] Does It Work [Hick] ?
by Miss Kermit Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 pm

» know who you are volume ??
by daveiron Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:38 pm

» Hopefully A Success
by daveiron Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:28 pm

» Most Complete Bank Giro Credit
by LionsShare Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:06 pm

» Knowing our Lawful rights
by daveiron Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:05 am

» More Illegal Immigrants
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:43 pm

» SAR dispute
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:32 pm

» There goes Ireland, his off.
by midnight Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:07 pm

» The infamous DP continus
by urchinatheart Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:01 pm

» Call to the DVLA
by urchinatheart Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:36 pm

» BEWARE OF TSB BANK
by daveiron Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:53 am

» Help / Advice needed on ongoing neighbour harassment
by memegirl777 Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:51 pm

» United Kingdom? Really?
by assassin Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:17 pm

» DWP and HMRC alleged debts
by assassin Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:20 pm

» HSBC advice please.
by Trishiapp28 Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:36 am

» He is going to save us again
by flyingfish Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:00 pm

» Government fraud
by midnight Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:01 am

» how to remove a shareholder?
by scrwm Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:06 pm

» I DO NOT CONSENT [62%] - ReformUK got 5% of the electorate. Labour 17%
by badvoc Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:25 pm

» What can ai do about Santander
by Godfastro Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:47 am

» Useful videos Council Tax
by daveiron Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:05 pm

» broadcaster vs me
by scrwm Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:37 pm

» The new GOODF process works
by urchinatheart Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:45 am

» Worth a watch
by LionsShare Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:11 am

» Farmers IsThis What's Needed?
by LionsShare Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:46 pm

» Debt Bomb 11
by Biggiebest Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:05 pm

» accepted dca alleged debt
by Mrblue2015 Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:09 pm

» DVLA
by daveiron Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:20 pm

Moon phases

Lowell threatening me Again !!

+12
sam
assassin
memegirl777
onak
jsicho
mattyb
Ausk
waylander62
1saberwow
daveiron
warwick65
barnwebb
16 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Lowell threatening me Again !! - Page 2 Empty Re: Lowell threatening me Again !!

Post by barnwebb Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:50 pm

Thanks waylander62 & daveiron.

Yes I did mean the actual agreement. I will have to look up the best way to word the SAR as I am going to have to send one I feel.

I did weave in a sizeable chunk of the new version of the three letters in my initial response to their threat of legal action which included the questions about has the agreement ever been sold or traded etc, plus the bit about having someone their end sign the letters and take responsibility for them. As they haven't signed anything nor sent me anything recorded delivery I've been basically acting as if I've not heard from them and sending them questioning letters about their lack of contact. Risky probably but fun.

They have responded to my latest letter which included the cease & desist with another unsigned letter ( along with another bunch of photocopies the same as previous ) in which they say the account was legally aquired by assignment under the provisions of the law of Property Act 1925. They are satisfied that I've been informed of the processing of my data by their client and themselves in accordance with their clients instructions and that they are justified in continuing to process the data in accordance with the provisions of the original contract (there's me thinking it was just an agreement ) which has been assigned to their client. They consider their client are entitled to rely on Schedule 2, paragraph 2(a) of the Data Protection Act 1998 that deals with exceptions to any request under Section 10 and that they will continue to process data in relation to the account for the purpose of collecting payment. They do not regard their attempts at contacting me as harrassment. They've been instructed by their client and are under an obligation as per the court rules to keep me informed of the progress of the account etc, etc and now require me to respond by return to discuss repayments blah, blah !

Any thoughts guys ?

barnwebb
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Lowell threatening me Again !! - Page 2 Empty Re: Lowell threatening me Again !!

Post by Ausk Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:52 am

When debt collectors constantly keep asking people to pay alleged amounts of money without providing adequate proof of claim, this must go a long towards constituting harassment as its defined in the relevant law.

I'm assuming there is a law on this in the UK.

I am also assuming there is also regulator of the financial services industry in the UK.

That being the case, if a DC does not within a reasonable time, put up or shut up or, they will likely be guilty of harassment.

Consumers (debtors) should not waste any time lodging a complaint the regulator.

Even through DCs wont be rattled too much about this, its worth doing because the more people that complain, the more they get pushed back.

Sooner or later the regulator will launch an action against one of them to send a message to the industry.

Rather than keep telling DCs to go away, inform "that because they have not put up of shut then they do not have case, in which they are harassing you and that you will lodge formal complaint with the regulator if they do not cease and desist as of xyz date.

No one should have to ask for proof of claim more than 3 times before they are justified in lodging a complaint with the regulator.

Ausk

Back to top Go down

Post by barnwebb Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:22 pm

Thanks Ausk,

Unfortunately the "regulators" are pretty much a waste of space and frequently find in favour of the DC's, even if the evidence is against the DC and in favour of the "victim", just to lighten the workload as they are understaffed. There is a youtube video about it which, when I find it again, I will post the link on here.

My last letter writing episode to the regulatory bodies out there a few years ago concerning a previous and separate case resulted in them telling me that the DC was entitled to demand I pay them. I ignored this and fought on with the DC eventually giving up as they had no paperwork at all but in their last letter to me said in their opinion I still owed them, ha, dream on !

I will be writing to the regulatory bodies anyway but won't be holding my breath for any positive action to be taken from their side.

barnwebb
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by barnwebb Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:47 pm

Just came across this SAR info .... https://debtcamel.co.uk/free-access-data-gdpr/

'You have the right to get a copy of the information that an organisation holds about you. But before May 25 2018, you were usually charged £10.'

And concerning the CCA what should I do about the question of where the original CCA is if I can't send a SAR to the original lender according to the article ?

'DON’T use a SAR to ask for your CCA agreement

If you want to ask a creditor for a copy of the Consumer Credit Act agreement for your loan, credit card, catalogue or hire purchase agreement, then there is a special procedure to do this, see National Debtline’s factsheet Credit agreements – getting information. This involves you paying £1. This is not a SAR and, so far as I know, the GDPR changes will not affect the £1 charge.

If you follow the special procedure then the debt collector has to try to obtain a copy of the CCA agreement and if they can’t do this within 12 days, the debt is unenforceable in court until they can do this. If you send a SAR instead, you do not have this protection. NB your request for the CCA agreement should be sent to the debt collector, not the original creditor.'

barnwebb
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by waylander62 Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:05 pm

An official CCA request can be made at any time to whoever 'owns' the debt, they ahve a statutory obligation to provide it.

a SAR is usually made to the original creditor and asks for everything they have in relation to your account, which would include the agreement, but in a SAR you can ask for specific things, they have an obligation to provide what you request.

I have NEVER sent a SAR to a DCA only to the original creditor.

waylander62
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by barnwebb Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:50 pm

Thanks waylander62,

That helps to clarify things, may I ask what questions you have put in your SAR ?

I've never written/sent one and haven't as yet found any examples that may be useful for me to use as ideas to extract information. Found a few templates online covering different subjects though, even one in the link in my prior post.

I was thinking along the lines of, " concerning the whereabouts of the original CCA agreement can you confirm to me that it has never been burnt or destroyed whilst in storage ? If it has not been burnt or destroyed please explain in full where it now is ! "

I was considering adding a question about the Deed of Assignment, " please supply a copy of the Deed of Assignment as under the ruling **** (can't remember offhand) I am entitled to have a copy of this document even if partly redacted ! "

Not sure how well that would go down but what are your thoughts on that approach ?

barnwebb
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:13 pm

Hi barnweb,

Re the SAR. I have always done it this way,

SUBJECT-ACCESS - REQUEST

This is a Subject Access Request under the Data protection Act 1998.

Please supply the following documentation;

Sorry can't the Lord Denning judgement from the top of my head ,If you cannot find it let me know.

hope this was helpful.
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:47 pm

Found it.

See (Van Lynn Developments v Pelias Construction Co. Ltd 1998.[3] All ER 842)

Where Lord Denning M.R. said " the debtor is entitled to view the sale agreement to ensure that the assignee can give good discharge under the contract"
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by waylander62 Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:10 pm

in addition regarding the destruction of the storage facility, you are over thinking that one.

just an inquiry into whether their storage facility, where they store all of the agreements has ever been subject to a fire, flood or any other act of god which has resulted in the destruction of said facility and therefore the destruction of the agreements contained within.

you dont need anything else, you dont even need to know where yours is or anything, that is not why you are asking the question.

waylander62
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by barnwebb Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:51 pm

Thanks daveiron & waylander62 for your prompt responses,

Been rushing about and only just now had a chance to log in.

In a previous court session concerning a different case the judge said that the Denning ruling has been superseded by case law and in no way was I allowed to see the Deed of Assignment as it was private. After that happened I managed to get in touch with a solicitor by 'phone who told me the judge was talking bull and I did have the right to see it which is why I was thinking of adding it to the SAR. Nice to see you've done it too.

I do probably overthink too much and make dumb mistakes in an attempt to not let any stone be left unturned so to speak.

You may have overlooked this question in previous posts but are solicitors actually allowed to just send letters unsigned by anyone "real" and just have their company name printed as the signature ?

Doesn't seem to be best practice in my opinion and makes them appear even more dodgy than they are already known to be.

barnwebb
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:52 pm

Hi barnweb,

I have also heard that about the Denning judgement , we may have both got it from the same source.
However ,I have never seen or heard that case law stated anywhere with proof.
I suspect if it existed the claimant would have great delight in shoving it in front of us.

Regarding the unsigned letters ,clearly they do not want any liability attached to themselves ,
probably a good indication that they are uncomfortable with what they are claiming. I would be inclined
to ask them why it was unnamed & unsigned , and is it an attempt to deceive you.

Don't be concerned about over thinking ,I find the more angles that you look from ,the better you
will be at defending against them.
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by barnwebb Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:02 pm

Thanks daveiron,

Yes, with the Denning judgement it was only after it was all over I realised I'd been stitched up by a biased judge who spent the majority of the time talking to and agreeing with the "enemy" barrister and they were spouting so much legalese I had to ask them to explain what were they talking about in real (layman) English.

First time ever in court so I'm not used to such things.

I've been ignoring the Lowell letters and talking to them as if I haven't been receiving them ( they haven't sent any to me recorded so stuff 'em ). I'll be sending them another letter even though my last one was a cease & desist and I'll point out that their initial letter threatening action against me was unsigned and ask exactly the questions you suggest.

I occasionally muddle myself with the over thinking and make dumb mistakes but I'm getting better dealing with how these procedures work.

barnwebb
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by barnwebb Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:36 pm

Hi mattyb,

No claim made as yet, am trying to keep that at bay for as long as possible.

I'll have to look up the Arrow Global v Frost as I don't know the story.

Would be nice to be able to afford Paul Tilley but then if I had a bank account fat enough to afford him I wouldn't be in this tiresome situation in the first place.

DN ? I assume that means Default Notice.

Haven't yet sent the GDPR as have been discovering the best way to word it in order to extract the best possible result.

Cheers

barnwebb
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by jsicho Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:03 am

Hi,

just quick question.

Did anyone had a look into new GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2018/12/pdfs/ukpga_20180012_en.pdf

and also can you not request them to sign the letters.
Just tell them that you need to establish reverse liability just in a case and that they expect to take liability from you so it is logical that there needs to be a counterpart on the other side of the table, at the end of the day they try to establish bilaterall contract.
   Or put them on notice that, unless reverse liability is established, the dialog can't continue. If they ignore the notice, send second, after that 3rd and tell them that if there is nobody who wants to take responsibility, they will are ignored. Of course, don't ignore them but at least you got more paper for the court to show.

At the end of the day its game, and more green point you got then better.

Only my 2cc

J

jsicho
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by jsicho Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:37 am

GDPR

Chapter1
84 Other Definitions

(4) “Personal data breach” means a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed.

(6) “Restriction of processing” means the marking of stored personal data with the aim of limiting its processing for the future.

Chapter 2

86 The first data protection principle

(1) The first data protection principle is that the processing of personal data must be—
(a) lawful, and
(b) fair and transparent.
(2) The processing of personal data is lawful only if and to the extent that—
(a) at least one of the conditions in Schedule 9 is met, and
(b) in the case of sensitive processing, at least one of the conditions in
Schedule 10 is also met.

Chapter 3

96 Right not to be subject to automated decision-making

(1) The controller may not take a decision significantly affecting a data subject that is based solely on automated processing of personal data relating to the data subject.
(2) Subsection (1) does not prevent such a decision being made on that basis if—
(a) the decision is required or authorised by law,
(b) the data subject has given consent to the decision being made on that
basis, or
(c) the decision is a decision taken in the course of steps taken—
(i) for the purpose of considering whether to enter into a contract
with the data subject,
(ii) with a view to entering into such a contract, or
(iii) in the course of performing such a contract.

(3) For the purposes of this section, a decision that has legal effects as regards an individual is to be regarded as significantly affecting the individual.

97 Right to intervene in automated decision-making
(1) This section applies where—
(a) the controller takes a decision significantly affecting a data subject that
is based solely on automated processing of personal data relating to the
data subject, and
(b) the decision is required or authorised by law.
(2) This section does not apply to such a decision if—
(a) the data subject has given consent to the decision being made on that
basis, or
(b) the decision is a decision taken in the course of steps taken—
(i) for the purpose of considering whether to enter into a contract
with the data subject,
(ii) with a view to entering into such a contract, or
(iii) in the course of performing such a contract.
(3) The controller must as soon as reasonably practicable notify the data subject that such a decision has been made.
(4) The data subject may, before the end of the period of 1 month beginning with receipt of the notification, request the controller—
(a) to reconsider the decision, or
(b) to take a new decision that is not based solely on automated processing.
(5) If a request is made to the controller under subsection (4), the controller must, before the end of the period of 1 month beginning with receipt of the request—
(a) consider the request, including any information provided by the data
subject that is relevant to it, and
(b) by notice in writing inform the data subject of the outcome of that
consideration.
(6) For the purposes of this section, a decision that has legal effects as regards an individual is to be regarded as significantly affecting the individual.

99 Right to object to processing
(1) A data subject is entitled at any time, by notice given to the controller, to
require the controller—
(a) not to process personal data relating to the data subject, or
(b) not to process such data for a specified purpose or in a specified
manner, on the ground that, for specified reasons relating to the situation of the data subject, the processing in question is an unwarranted interference with the interests or rights of the data subject.
(2) Where the controller—
(a) reasonably requires further information—
(i) in order that the controller be satisfied as to the identity of the
individual giving notice under subsection (1), or
(ii) to locate the data to which the notice relates, and
(b) has informed that individual of that requirement,
the controller is not obliged to comply with the notice unless the controller is
supplied with that further information.
(3) The controller must, before the end of 21 days beginning with the relevant time, give a notice to the data subject—
(a) stating that the controller has complied or intends to comply with the
notice under subsection (1), or
(b) stating the controller’s reasons for not complying with the notice to any
extent and the extent (if any) to which the controller has complied or
intends to comply with the notice under subsection (1).

(4) If the controller does not comply with a notice under subsection (1) to any extent, the data subject may apply to a court for an order that the controller take steps for complying with the notice.
(5) If the court is satisfied that the controller should comply with the notice (or should comply to any extent), the court may order the controller to take such steps for complying with the notice (or for complying with it to that extent) as the court thinks fit.
(6) A court may make an order under subsection (5) in relation to a joint controller
whose responsibilities are determined in an arrangement under section 104
only if the controller is responsible for compliance with the obligation to which the order relates.
(7) The jurisdiction conferred on a court by this section is exercisable by the High Court or, in Scotland, by the Court of Session.
(8 ) In this section, “the relevant time”, in relation to a notice under subsection (1),means—
(a) when the controller receives the notice, or
(b) if later, when the controller receives the information (if any) required
under subsection (2) in connection with the notice.

jsicho
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by jsicho Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:52 am

barnwebb wrote:Thanks waylander62 & daveiron.

They are satisfied that I've been informed of the processing of my data by their client and themselves in accordance with their clients instructions and that they are justified in continuing to process the data in accordance with the provisions of the original contract (there's me thinking it was just an agreement ) which has been assigned to their client.  They consider their client are entitled to rely on Schedule 2, paragraph 2(a) of the Data Protection Act 1998 that deals with exceptions to any request under Section 10 and that they will continue to process data in relation to the account for the purpose of collecting payment.  They do not regard their attempts at contacting me as harrassment.  They've been instructed by their client and are under an obligation as per the court rules to keep me informed of the progress of the account etc, etc and now require me to respond by return to discuss repayments blah, blah !

Any thoughts guys ?

No they are not. See what did I send above.
It looks like you can restrict much more with the new GDPR than they think.

jsicho
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by jsicho Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:57 am

waylander62 wrote:in addition regarding the destruction of the storage facility, you are over thinking that one.

just an inquiry into whether their storage facility, where they store all of the agreements has ever been subject to a fire, flood or any other act of god which has resulted in the destruction of said facility and therefore the destruction of the agreements contained within.

you dont need anything else, you dont even need to know where yours is or anything, that is not why you are asking the question.

you can do that, but any damage to your data is considered as DATA BREACH and the Controller has a DUTY to inform you as your Data has been compromised. Also the Controller is liable for any damages caused.

From what I'm seeing, there are still not people properly trained for this regulation and if you send them notice quoting it they are shttng themselves.

jsicho
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by barnwebb Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:56 pm

Thanks for that extra info jsicho,

I'll have to work out the best way to word all this so I don't shoot myself in the foot.

Things like .... " as you have failed to provide a genuine original or certified copy of the CCA then this is clearly a DATA BREACH on your part as you consider yourself data controller and you are therefore liable for all damages caused to me by you" .... or something along those lines maybe.

barnwebb
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by barnwebb Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:05 pm

Hi guys, this is the latest installment that I received a couple of weeks ago but have been rushing about too much to get a chance to upload it or reply to it.

What annoys me the most, and I'm sure most people on this forum, is that wasters like these spend all day cooking up the best way to screw you over but you and me haven't got time to deal with it nor afford to pay someone to deal with it as we're all too busy trying to exist.  

Anyway, rant over and helpful comments on the best approach to the letter uploaded always gratefully received. Very Happy

barnwebb
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by waylander62 Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:06 pm

To be honest, not really that threatening.

just letting you know that they 'believe' they have provided enough information for you to give up and pay.

they are not going to correspond to any more requests and after 30 days may send you a letter before action. let them.

the choice is yours whether or not you respond they are not really going anywhere in the near future with this.

waylander62
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by waylander62 Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:14 pm

TBH i had Lowell and their solicitors do the same to me fairly recently, got a similar letter.

what i did was.... wrote back to them acknowledging their 'belief' that what they sent was good enough to go to court, told them why i 'believed' it wasn't, acknowledged their point about not responding to anything more

then finished up by saying, for reasons that i have already mentioned i now await your claim as i no longer wish to persist in this argument of 'beliefs'  I will however defend any claim in full that you wish to file against me using the points of law at my disposal under the CCA.

I look forward to receiving your claim.

next letter was "we have decide to close your account" balance £0.00

i called them out.

waylander62
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by barnwebb Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:09 am

Thanks for the confidence boost waylander62, I shall need to decide on what to respond with and prepare for a court fight should things not go the way I hope.

barnwebb
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next