Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Return to sender
by Judd09 Today at 12:42 pm

» 2 New letters received from DCA acting as agents on behalf of client- Please Advise
by Emilybm Today at 11:40 am

» Final Notice - Bailiff
by daveiron Today at 11:17 am

» 5G AND it's implications | WOW it is scary and can't be allowed
by Lopsum Today at 5:19 am

» Legal advice, from a court?
by assassin Today at 1:31 am

» 5G Freedom of Information requests
by daveiron Yesterday at 8:37 pm

» Reality chat , every wednesday at 8pm (ish)
by Society of the Spectacle Yesterday at 7:12 pm

» New to forum
by assassin Yesterday at 6:46 pm

» Cbd Oil
by MFisc Yesterday at 11:58 am

» Attacked, Assaulted & Kidnapped for taking guess who.
by daveiron Yesterday at 9:07 am

» sar
by assassin Yesterday at 1:28 am

» 24 Storey Tower on Fire in Kensington - dies
by Awoken2 Yesterday at 12:32 am

» disbanded court system
by freeland Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:18 pm

» sol excalibre with cookiemonster
by Society of the Spectacle Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:59 pm

» Social Media Alternatives: with Ray Vahey
by Society of the Spectacle Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:16 pm

» School Strikes
by Society of the Spectacle Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:11 pm

» NIP - speeding with photo evidence
by itheman Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:27 pm

» The Good Old British Bobby...
by itheman Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:55 pm

» Cabot- is there a realistic chance to fight them?
by annap Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:49 pm

» Clarity and History - Common Law vs Statutes | Banking Fraud | Words | Magna Carta
by itheman Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:10 pm

» E on Lowells advice
by ohthejoys Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:44 pm

» Drydensfairfax Soliciitors - Statute Barred?
by waylander62 Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:19 am

» Richplanet Premier
by daveiron Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:44 am

» Trainee benifit clerk jailed.
by assassin Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:45 am

» CABOT filed CCJ application despite 3-letter process
by waylander62 Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:31 pm

» Emma's Westminster Hall bailiffs speech 09 01 2019
by Kestrel Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:37 am

» Conditional Acceptance and Remain in Honour, Counterclaim...but when?
by itheman Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:10 pm

» Liability Order in Respect of Council Tax....
by itheman Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:56 pm

» Mexican Scientists Find a CURE for HPV
by Kestrel Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:09 pm

» Intrum Finance letter advice please.
by Ithesoul Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:20 pm

» old married name on debt purchase letter
by Ausk Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:32 am

» Debt Collectors
by waylander62 Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:22 am

» More Disinformation
by assassin Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:25 am

» notice of assignment
by FURBY Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:37 pm

» 3 letter process
by projectzoo Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:24 pm

» More Smart Meter - The New Scam
by daveiron Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:44 pm

» Latest from CrimeBodge
by Kestrel Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:32 pm

» Ccj help
by daveiron Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:14 pm

» Types of Baliffs
by assassin Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:15 am

» Merligen investments Ltd: Moriarty law
by waylander62 Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:14 pm

» Repeat after me "Britain is not a police state" - honest....
by daveiron Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:14 am

» Moriarty Law
by petesomething Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:44 pm

» GOODF ebook
by unlimuni Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:23 pm

» AA loan
by Mrblue2017 Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:33 am

» Ceylon on debts, courts & corruption
by Mrblue2017 Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:27 pm

» fiduciary responsibility
by assassin Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:35 pm

» how long can you hold your breath?
by LionsShare Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:19 pm

Moon phases

Billing A Local Council?

Go down

Billing A Local Council?

Post by Quackers on Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:49 am

G'day from Australia.
I've just found this group and was on the GOODF forum a couple of years ago (different profile name tho) before it was taken over/sold, but only posted a few times.

I saw a suggestion on social media, that you can charge your local council for maintenance and upkeep of the nature strip (the piece of ground that exists between your property and the road, incase it's called other things in other parts of the world).
The suggestion was $20Au/fortnight was acceptable, tho personally I'd charge $30Au/fortnight ($720/yr).
Has anyone ever heard, read or have experienced with this?
It would certainly go a long way towards offsetting council rates.

Another thought that I had, was to charge the (my) local council for 'Maintenance, upkeep and operations of the local financial backbone of the city of where I live'.
Basically where I live revolves around a large local industrial works and the council (obviously) collects rates from people who draw an income from said business. Without this business very few people would have jobs and council wouldn't be able to collect much in the way of rates. The place would basically become a ghost town.
So council indirectly benefits from the local business and without people like myself performing my various roles, the business wouldn't exist.

I'm keen to read peoples input on this, as personally I find it a noval way to potentially offset council's attempts to extort money from people.


Posts : 2
Join date : 2018-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Billing A Local Council?

Post by Tom Bombadil on Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:15 pm

Hullo Quackers!

In the US they call it an easement, over here it might be a verge.

In the UK, the council tax is paid for for the strip of land that runs from the center of the road to the EDGE of one's abode or land. We are paying for that piece of lands 'postcode'!

We are led to believe (were led) that a home needs a postcode to recipe mail. So we all started using it. Then the council tax came in, after a battle or two, and we were 'billed' for the postcode or home or land, and NOT the verge or easement. Suckered!

This is why, in part, that we are encouraged to apply for a formal address when a new house is built, or when a home is placed on a field and the whole field is post-coded!

In other words, a NEWLY coded area. Past or post tense! Nothing to do with postal. Which is all about standing notices being placed on a POST.

As for the nature strip, then I would go for any recouping of cash from those gits. If I were in or living on an area where folk are proud of being there, I might try to form a group first.

If the council does nothing, then dump a load of cars on it and tell them to move it! Then TELL them to repair it.

I have to say though that I know Jack about Aussi councils.
Tom Bombadil
Tom Bombadil
Very helpful
Very helpful

Posts : 205
Join date : 2017-07-26
Location : London and Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Billing A Local Council?

Post by Ausk on Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:57 am

Quackers (and others)

I spoke to some neighbors a while back, who told me the local council was going to require us to maintain the verge at our expense.

I thought about this for some time and eventually i decided that if I got such a letter, I would send them a letter, accepting their offer to contract to maintain the verge on the condition that they accepted my Schedule of Rates.

My schedule of rates would have been worded or expressed in terms of a % of the annual rate bill for each maintenance activity. I would have used a % of the rate bill because that way they cannot just up the rates each year to cover, in your case, your one off price.

By expressing my costs as a % of the rate bill, the more rates they charged me the more I would be paid and so my rates would never have been eroded by inflation or their increases in my rates. They would have gained nothing by upping my rates.

Suggest you consider this way of doing it and getting others to do it the same way because if enough people agreed to do it BUT at their schedule of rates then the council would soon back off getting the home occupier to do it.

Remember, we agreed in a referendum in the 1980's to pay 6 or 8 cents more for fuel, per litre, to cover the cost of the provision and maintenance of all roads in Australia, inclusive of local council roads and streets.


Posts : 467
Join date : 2017-06-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Billing A Local Council?

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum