The GOODF Approach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Allodial Title
by urchinatheart Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Grow Potatoes
by Mrblue2015 Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:18 am

» Feed Yourself For Less
by assassin Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:23 pm

» New GOODF - small account closed upon Notice 3
by RaspberryBlu Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:02 pm

» DWP
by daveiron Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:23 am

» LGA1888 sect79 sub2
by urchinatheart Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:15 am

» Know who you are
by badvoc Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:51 pm

» Know Who You Are Even More Volumes To Come
by LionsShare Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:24 am

» Council Tax questions we should all be asking
by LionsShare Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:05 am

» Woke, Nimbys, Snowflakes and idiots
by urchinatheart Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:09 am

» Never Buy Seeds Again
by assassin Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:14 pm

» Ovo bank giro?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:07 pm

» Is your car a government remote controled car???
by Lopsum Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:48 pm

» peacekeepers apprantly get a c'tax win?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:14 am

» Can I Complete The Food Circle
by urchinatheart Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:46 am

» Council tax and summons for arrest
by LionsShare Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:44 pm

» THIS IS THE ONE ?
by schist Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:04 pm

» Garden Share
by assassin Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:37 pm

» Allotments
by assassin Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:36 pm

» Are Lowell getting desperate ?
by Mrblue2015 Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:59 am

» Serial Posty been awarded £10'000 for a fake bite
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:23 pm

» The new ruling, lie-ability order
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:04 pm

» HO HO HO not that shinning or with clean hands !!!!!!
by badvoc Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:12 pm

by schist Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:00 pm

» DSAR
by daveiron Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:12 pm

» DVLA [Hick] Does It Work [Hick] ?
by Miss Kermit Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 pm

» know who you are volume ??
by daveiron Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:38 pm

» Hopefully A Success
by daveiron Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:28 pm

» Most Complete Bank Giro Credit
by LionsShare Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:06 pm

» Knowing our Lawful rights
by daveiron Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:05 am

» More Illegal Immigrants
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:43 pm

» SAR dispute
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:32 pm

» There goes Ireland, his off.
by midnight Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:07 pm

» The infamous DP continus
by urchinatheart Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:01 pm

» Call to the DVLA
by urchinatheart Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:36 pm

» BEWARE OF TSB BANK
by daveiron Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:53 am

» Help / Advice needed on ongoing neighbour harassment
by memegirl777 Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:51 pm

» United Kingdom? Really?
by assassin Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:17 pm

» DWP and HMRC alleged debts
by assassin Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:20 pm

» HSBC advice please.
by Trishiapp28 Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:36 am

» He is going to save us again
by flyingfish Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:00 pm

» Government fraud
by midnight Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:01 am

» how to remove a shareholder?
by scrwm Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:06 pm

» I DO NOT CONSENT [62%] - ReformUK got 5% of the electorate. Labour 17%
by badvoc Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:25 pm

» What can ai do about Santander
by Godfastro Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:47 am

» Useful videos Council Tax
by daveiron Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:05 pm

» broadcaster vs me
by scrwm Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:37 pm

» The new GOODF process works
by urchinatheart Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:45 am

» Worth a watch
by LionsShare Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:11 am

» Farmers IsThis What's Needed?
by LionsShare Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:46 pm

» Debt Bomb 11
by Biggiebest Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:05 pm

» accepted dca alleged debt
by Mrblue2015 Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:09 pm

» DVLA
by daveiron Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:20 pm

» Solicitors contacted me via e-mail asking for money.
by Kaddabriol Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:12 pm

» Claiming again
by LionsShare Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:07 am

Moon phases

Intrum Finance letter advice please.

+4
waylander62
Kestrel
daveiron
Ithesoul
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Intrum Finance letter advice please. Empty Intrum Finance letter advice please.

Post by Ithesoul Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:20 pm

Hi All
I have been dealing with Intrum (& formerly 1st Credit), since early 2015 who have been chasing me for payment of a Barclaycard credit card debt. They state that they purchased the debt from Barclaycard in February 2015. I used the old 3no. dca letters plus many follow up letters. I now need to respond to their latest two letters, in which they have offered me discounts & that if I don't make contact with them within 10 days they will pass the account onto their legal team. The account sum is approx £12,500.00.
I have prepared a letter basically using the new 3rd dca letter as a final rebuttal to them. Can you please let me know if you think that this will be the best course of action or do you think I should re-start the 3 letter process using the new letters?.

Many thanks in advance for your help.
Ithesoul
Ithesoul
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Intrum Finance letter advice please. Empty Re: Intrum Finance letter advice please.

Post by daveiron Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:27 pm

Personally I think you can either use letter 3 or start from letter 1 ,
In any event you need to send these requests 3 times at least ,( 3 seems to be an important number).
You may have more of a fight due to the size of the debt. But it should all come down to proof of claim.
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Intrum Finance letter advice please. Empty Re: Intrum Finance letter advice please.

Post by Ithesoul Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:56 pm

Hi daveiron
Many thanks for your reply. I sent the 3 dca letters to them back in early 2015 & have in total written to them 24 times since then!. Therefore based on your advice I will send them the edited 3rd new dca letter, giving them a further 10 days to provide the requested documents, which will hopefully re-enforce my position.

Best wishes.
Ithesoul
Ithesoul
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:04 pm

I presume those 24 letters you sent were mostly asking for proof of claim ? If so its to hoped you still have copies of them.
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ithesoul Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:09 pm

Hi
Yes indeed my letters were asking for the proof as stated in the 3 dca letters & following up on those in reply to the 1st Credit & Intrum letters. I have a fat file with all the letters & proof of postage etc. & have stated to them that I will produce these in court should it come to that!.
Ithesoul
Ithesoul
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:16 pm

Thats good.

It would appear to me that because of the amount of letters and the time involved ,
they do not think they have enough to litigate. With the amount being over 12K ,you would have thought they would have been all over it like a rash.
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ithesoul Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:29 pm

Yes good point, back in January 2016 1st credit sent me a letter stating that "regrettably we are considering whether we should refer your account to our internal legal dept to issue county court proceedings against you".
I responded by sending them the pre-action protocol letter & they didn't carry their threat forward but are now trying it on again as the re-branded company Intrum.
Ithesoul
Ithesoul
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Kestrel Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:19 pm

Offering discounts is usually a good sign they have no proof of claim & as above surely they would have taken the court route by now if they had.

The court action seemed to go up a couple of years back with changes coming in regarding debt collection maybe a panic on their part but nothing really came in to halt their crimes - the on going pursuance of fraudulent debt.

Kestrel
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ithesoul Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:54 pm

Hi Kestrel
Many thanks for your comments & very reassuring. I will post again once I receive a response back from them.
Ithesoul
Ithesoul
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Ithesoul Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:16 pm

Hi daveiron & Kestrel
Further to my post & your replies to me, I have now received a reply to my letter which was the edited 3rd new dca letter, giving them a further 10 days to provide the requested documents, from Intrum as attached. It's basically telling me why they don't need to issue the requested information to me, but interesting they don't now mention taking legal action, which they did in their previous letters!.
I would be very grateful if you could have a read of the attached & let me know your thoughts, & if & how I could reply to them.
Many thanks.
Intrum Finance letter advice please. Intrum10
Intrum Finance letter advice please. Intrum11
Ithesoul
Ithesoul
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:50 pm

Looks good, Barclaycard cannot produce a default notice ,and have resorted to what is a begging letter.

I have one that a DCA told me is unenforcable but they keep sending me begging letters . I always respond by sending yet another copy of letter 3 with a letter of rebuttal .
I have informed them that every piece of correspondence will be responded to with a further letter for documentation & these will be added to my file to show as such.

On a personal level ,I would always send a letter of rebuttal . (Maxim of Law = he who does not deny ,admits)
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ithesoul Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:30 pm

Hi daveiron
Many thanks for your reply, great news I will do as you say. Is there a template for the letter of rebuttal that I can use, could you please post a link if there is.
Thanks
Ithesoul
Ithesoul
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:26 am

Hi, This is all I use . Use all or part its up to you.

Dear xxxx
I am in receipt of your letter dated xx xxxx and received xx xx . I hereby rebut and refute its contents in their entirety . I enclose a further request for documentation regarding your claim that I owe a debt to your corporation.
Said documentation is required in order that I may settle any lawful obligation I may have.
You should also note that all correspondence from you will be responded to with a further request for the documents, and will be added to my records.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I then enclose a further copy of letter 3.

Anything along those lines , just be sure to add the bits about rebuttal , and settleing any obligation.
Hope this helps,dave
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ithesoul Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:55 am

Hi daveiron
Thanks very much, I will do that & I will update you in due course.

Best wishes
Ithesoul
Ithesoul
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Ithesoul Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:31 am

Hi daveiron
I have today received the attached letter from Intrum in response to my letter to them using your suggested format.
I presume I should now reply to them with a further request for the documents?, or should I issue them with the 'Pre Action Conduct' letter?.
Any other advice would of course be gratefully appreciated.

Best wishes.
Intrum Finance letter advice please. Ccf28110
Ithesoul
Ithesoul
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:46 am

You could respond along the lines of ; I am in receipt of your letter dated xxxx & received xxxx. Please confirm if
it is a 'letter before action' Your failure to once again supply the documentation requested is noted and will be
added to the record of the parties,
For the avoidance of any doubt as to what I require ,I enclose yet another copy of my request for documentation.

Its just a scare letter they have sent ,notice the word MAY ,not will .
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ithesoul Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:17 pm

Hi daveiron
Many thanks for the suggested reply, I will get my letter off to them tomorrow.

Best wishes
Ithesoul
Ithesoul
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by waylander62 Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:30 pm

not quite a letter before action, more a threat of a letter before action.

you see a letter before action under the new rules must be just that and must contain paperwork for you to fill in and return, look out for that one as it is the official letter before action which MUST be served before issuing a claim.

waylander62
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by waylander62 Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:30 am

agree with handle, keep that one close to your chest and remember it.

there is good case law for defective default notices and not being able to produce a default notice.

a claim can fail on the default notice alone, even if the agreement is perfect under the CCA.

there is a need for a compliant default notice to be sent to any debtor before a creditor can: TERMINATE THE AGREEMENT, or DEMAND EARLIER PAYMENT OF ANY SUM by reason of any breach Wink

waylander62
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ithesoul Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:20 pm

Hi waylander62 & handle
Many thanks for your advice, it's much appreciated.
I know that Intrum cannot produce a default notice as they have already volunteered this information. They & under their previous company name of 1st credit have threatened me with legal action before but never carried it through, I presume because a default notice is one of the key things they cannot provide!.

Best wishes & thanks.
Ithesoul
Ithesoul
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Ithesoul Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:28 pm

Hi daveiron
I have today received the attached letter from Intrum 'legal dept'!. They did not answer my specific question about whether their previous letter was a 'letter before action'!, & once again ignored the contents of my letter & request for documentation.
That being the case I would be grateful for your advice in how to respond & if now is the time to send the pre-action letter to them.
If so can you please advise on the best template to use, not sure if its been updated since the last time I used it!.
Attachments
Intrum Finance letter advice please. Attachment
CCF07122018_0000.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(418 Kb) Downloaded 10 times
Ithesoul
Ithesoul
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:11 pm

Hi,
It appears to be another threat (intimidation) note they are still using the word MAY ,not are or will.

Wait for other advice but my response would be along the lines of;

Dear Lily Chan ,
I am in receipt of your letter dated xxx . I am at a loss to understand the lack of comprehension by
your corporation regarding your claim that I owe it a debt.I have stated on numerous occasions that I
will settle any lawful obligation I may have ,upon production of your proof of claim by providing the
documentary evidence requested.
As of this moment your corporation ,for whatever reason have ignored all my reasonable requests for
said documentation. Instead they have resorted to threats of court action against me. Clearly should
you proceed to court with this matter , I will request that the afore mention documents be provided
in court, along with copies of my letters to you offering to settle any lawful claim.
I await once again for a satisfactory response .
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ithesoul Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:02 pm

Hi daveiron
Many thanks for your reply & suggested response. I will await other advice as suggested before replying to them early next week.

Best wishes
Ithesoul
Ithesoul
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:31 pm

I've just noticed how much this alleged account is for, I think it tells a lot,
they have been chasing this for some 4 years and never brought it to court. This would have been a
nice little earner for them & I very much doubt they would have left it this long if they thought for
one moment they would be successful .
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next