Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Joint Bank Giro Credit Slip Missing Utility Company Has Not sent with their fake bill/s Need advice please .
by LionsShare Today at 12:01 pm

» Options......on Presentment
by LionsShare Today at 11:58 am

» Predictive programming and the music industry.
by Awoken2 Today at 11:56 am

» toms house case
by jooboi Today at 11:15 am

» Troy on language
by ceylon Today at 10:21 am

» Has Mugabe gone? Brexit no deal? Is it the END?
by ceylon Today at 10:14 am

» Gardening Cheats
by assassin Today at 1:55 am

» What the health!!
by Society of the Spectacle Yesterday at 8:59 pm

» The House of Torlonia
by Phillpots Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Dirty Tricks
by assassin Yesterday at 7:07 pm

» Took me a while
by assassin Yesterday at 6:53 pm

» MUST SEE- Re Diabetes. Just out-but only 1st episode available.--Episode 1 - The Black Death of the 21st Century--Ep 7 just uploaded.
by epsom Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» UK Column
by ceylon Yesterday at 2:45 pm

» Halifax Overdraft
by Willy Yesterday at 1:58 pm

» Cabot and interesting letters...
by Gman76 Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» jacobs/council tax
by pieintheskywhenIdie Yesterday at 10:19 am

» I've got one now - "Pastdue Credit Solutions Ltd" / SSE
by pieintheskywhenIdie Yesterday at 10:16 am

» Let's Have Some Tunes thread.
by Awoken2 Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:04 pm

» sol excalibre with cookiemonster
by Society of the Spectacle Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:09 pm

» Do this EVERY time you receive a debt collect demand/claim
by assassin Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:09 pm

» LINK Financial
by assassin Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:57 pm

» Slaughterbots
by epsom Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:03 pm

» Querying a Barclaycard debt
by choccylover Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:35 pm

» Water Distiller Recommendations?
by daveiron Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:01 pm

» Lies, lies & more lies?
by ceylon Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:31 pm

» treasonous practices of Companies House
by handle Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:30 pm

» Assignment
by Ausk Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:53 am

» Old site / your info
by Society of the Spectacle Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:16 pm

» Private parking firms CANNOT fine you Daniel Bostock on the BBC
by LionsShare Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:28 pm

» Minds Wiped ,Refilled And Let Loose On The Rest Of Us
by eargoggles Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:08 pm

» The Ledger Bait, Dead Men Have No Rights Justinian Deception Channel and ROHAN
by landlubber Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:53 pm

» Have you had enough yet?
by ceylon Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:51 pm

» David Icke demolishes, CAA, Labour MP and Man Utd at book launch they tried to stop.
by epsom Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:37 pm

» Is it proof..
by petesomething Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:58 am

» Legal firm calling
by pitano1 Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:20 am

» Lent Van
by assassin Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:55 am

» 24 Storey Tower on Fire in Kensington - dies
by Awoken2 Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:52 pm

simon spaniard on student loan and council tax

View previous topic View next topic Go down

simon spaniard on student loan and council tax

Post by Marking on Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:19 pm

so I was on facebook and see simon spaniard

he said

"A barrister friend of a good friend of mine ;O), asked a question: "do you really think that solicitors and barristers pay off their student loans once they have finished law school?" he asked... My good friend said "no".
"Correct" said the barrister. "what we do is this; we create a dispute, then we short-settle the dispute and all future disputes, in order to avoid potential-future litigation costs. We send a letter accompanied by a small cheque, and by banking the cheque enclosed with the letter, the company (typically a bank) accepts the terms contained in the letter, and thus cannot pursue court action for enforcement of the remaining debt" - simples. x"

Later on he said the "same was done for council tax"

Now I don't understand how you can short change student loans cause they take the money straight out of your paycheck.

Can anyone here say if this would work for student loans and council tax???

Last edited by Marking on Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Marking
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: simon spaniard on student loan and council tax

Post by iamani on Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:02 pm

Hi Marking

Call me gullible, but i find it easy to believe a barrister could and would do that. And i'd wager conditional acceptance (commerce) is involved. And apparently there are ways to prevent your wages being milked. But remember - i KNOW nothing.

Cheers!

iamani
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by handle on Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:48 pm

Is this not in rhe same vein where you send a check for ,say, £50 with a covering letter to your bank saying this is all you could pay towards your mortgage this month and for ever after until you say so, and if the bank banks the cheque it has accepted your conditions.

The problem with that one is a mortgage is a gift (deed). Its not a contract. There are no terms and conditions set.

handle
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by actinglikeabanker on Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:53 pm

I doubt there are any protections under 'Unlawful deduction from wages/unlawful payment, section 23 Employment Rights Act 1996' : http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1996/18/contents

There does not seem to be anything obvious under 'The Education (Student Loans) (Repayment) Regulations 2009' : http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2009/470/contents/made

It looks like you may be able  to offer some type of settlement in the US but I cant find anything for UK, it seems plausible that you could raise a dispute (small claim) with the UNI but the UNI and the and the student loans are separate so this would mean getting a refund/settlement off the UNI and passing it to the student loans + your little bit to clear the balance.
actinglikeabanker
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by man on Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:07 pm

Isn't the original post saying that along with the cheque is a dispute letter which contains an agreement. The question is, what agreement is in the dispute letter?

man
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by iamani on Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:21 pm

Hi all

Just my opinion.

Dear parasite

i enclose a cheque for £1000 toward my debt. On receipt of a bill from yourselves for the remainder i will settle the account.

Without prejudice, UCC 1-308

john-james:doe, authorised representative to JOHN JAMES DOE

All rights reserved

Remember - i KNOW nothing.

Cheers!

iamani
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Marking on Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:27 pm

@actinglikeabanker wrote:I doubt there are any protections under 'Unlawful deduction from wages/unlawful payment, section 23 Employment Rights Act 1996' :
There does not seem to be anything obvious under 'The Education (Student Loans) (Repayment) Regulations 2009'

It looks like you may be able  to offer some type of settlement in the US but I cant find anything for UK, it seems plausible that you could raise a dispute (small claim) with the UNI but the UNI and the and the student loans are separate so this would mean getting a refund/settlement off the UNI and passing it to the student loans + your little bit to clear the balance.

what kind of dispute could be raised with the uni? Small claims probably wouldn't do it as students coming out of uni are racking up 50k, 60k debts

I think the only way to avoid student loans would be to leave the UK and never come back.

Marking
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by actinglikeabanker on Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:32 am

@Marking wrote:
@actinglikeabanker wrote:I doubt there are any protections under 'Unlawful deduction from wages/unlawful payment, section 23 Employment Rights Act 1996' :
There does not seem to be anything obvious under 'The Education (Student Loans) (Repayment) Regulations 2009'

what kind of dispute could be raised with the uni? Small claims probably wouldn't do it as students coming out of uni are racking up 50k, 60k debts

I think the only way to avoid student loans would be to leave the UK and never come back.

Higher Education Act 2004 : Part 2 is worth a look : http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2004/8/contents

Maybe the 'Qualifying institution' was stating 'Best IT resources available 2010' and once you arrive you find they have office 2007 etc etc, would that not be a 'Qualifying complaint'?, just because the money never touches your hands, does that mean it is acceptable for you to get a degree on 'legacy' tech/software whilst paying a premium?. Three years behind in the tech world is pretty much, behind!.

Leaving UK will work under many conditions, I guess it just depends on where you go, the state of partnerships and memorandums of understandings going on between the countries in question.
actinglikeabanker
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsShare on Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:39 am

a very long shot could this be used in some way?

michale tellinger promissory note!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbku5XULgIA
LionsShare
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum