Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» What have they done to GOODF
by discodave4093 Today at 6:46 am

» F**king System does my head in
by Tom Bombadil Today at 4:21 am

» Eating Out
by assassin Today at 3:12 am

» Residence and Domicile
by iamani Today at 2:39 am

» Spending Time Together
by assassin Today at 2:12 am

» Court hearing
by Itzme75 Yesterday at 11:02 pm

» asked for accounting and got back...
by Waffle Yesterday at 9:05 pm

» Has Anyone Ever Reminded Cabot Of Their Past?
by Waffle Yesterday at 8:24 pm

» Sajid "pants on fire"Javid
by mitch Yesterday at 7:41 pm

» New Old Member
by assassin Yesterday at 6:57 pm

» "We are applying for a warrant to change your meter"
by assassin Yesterday at 6:45 pm

» Messed up the 3 letters process
by petesomething Yesterday at 4:24 pm

» Net tightens round paedophile run councils (corporations)
by daveiron Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Another One Surfaces
by daveiron Yesterday at 3:23 pm

» Sunday sunday
by ceylon Yesterday at 2:55 pm

» ESTOPPEL
by petesomething Yesterday at 8:43 am

» Australia version of the ebook
by Bruce0439 Yesterday at 7:35 am

» Link Financial
by discodave4093 Yesterday at 2:01 am

» Notice of Discontinuance - Court Hearing for Alleged Debt.
by assassin Yesterday at 1:20 am

» Hello New Member
by Steve Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:10 pm

» Are the DEMONS coming?
by Phillpots Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:35 pm

» Acting agent or debt purchaser?
by Indebttoo Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:57 pm

» Counter Claims
by kingkotton Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:49 pm

» A short clip from ‘Everything Is A Rich Man’s Trick’ that will either blow your mind. https://vimeo.com/184473343
by Society of the Spectacle Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:32 pm

» Statement of Assets and Liabilites
by Ausk Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:35 am

» More Northampton Nonsense
by kingkotton Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:38 pm

» 3 HOURS Winter & Fireplace Sound - Blizzard Sounds - Heavy Wind For Relaxation
by epsom Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:33 pm

» Beautiful Snow with Fireplace Sound
by epsom Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:32 pm

» Nottinham Meeting for Free Thinkers 21st October 2017
by Prometheus Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:26 pm

» Offal Wagons
by Tom Bombadil Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:22 pm

» Let's Have Some Tunes thread.
by Awoken2 Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:20 pm

» Social Media Soldiers - British Army 77th Bridage
by Society of the Spectacle Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:56 pm

» Thunderstorm At Sea Sounds For Sleeping, Relaxing ~ Thunder Rain Ocean Sea Lightning Ambience
by Tom Bombadil Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:39 pm

» The Rules for Rulers
by ceylon Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:35 pm

» 18600 rule
by petesomething Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:31 pm

» County Court Claim
by petesomething Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:20 pm

» Police whistleblower on child abuse and corruption interview
by Theatchet Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:15 pm


Income support deductions/ Affinity Water and Debt collector

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Income support deductions/ Affinity Water and Debt collector

Post by epsom on Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:39 pm

Hi,

I am on income support ( being a carer for my father recently)  having been on JSA beforehand.

Having having £6-something (max allowed) taken from JSA per week by Affinity Water, I signed off and had to go onto income support (with carers allowance).

I had an email the other day from Affinity Water (31st May) after having told them I was now on income support--they told me that they would contact the benefits office and take the same amount per week from income support as they had from JSA.
They advised me they were waiting for contact from the benefits office.

I now received a letter from a debt collector today, 10th June (and dated 7th June) asking for full payment of £488.15!

I have sent another email today to the woman from Affinity Water, who said they are going to take it from my income support--but apparently have not received any reply from the benefit office.

This is the email received by Affinity on 31st May:

From: Rosher, Hayley <hayley.rosher@affinitywater.co.uk>
Sent: 31 May 2017 12:19
To: 'cardinal _'
Subject: RE: FAO- HAYLEY ROSHER--Fw: Affinity Water Payments

Good Afternoon Mr xxxxx,

Thank you for your reply and explaining the situation for us.

We will send a form off today to your benefit office asking them to restart the payments from your Income Support at the same amount.

Your account with us will remain on hold until we receive confirmation from your benefit office that they will start the payments again.

Your Sincerely

Hayley Rosher


This is the email sent by me to them today:

Dear Ms Rosher,

I have just received a letter from Inter-Credit Debt collectors who say that you have referred my account to them.
As you can see in your email to me on 31st May, you state that you are waiting to restart the payments direct from my income support at the same amount as before.

I have heard nothing from either the benefit office or you since your email and it is NOT acceptable to suddenly find a letter from a debt collector when I have given permission and you accepted payments to come direct from my income support.

I would appreciate it if you would LET ME KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON WITH REGARD TO THE CONFIRMATION YOU ARE WAITING FOR.

There should be no reason why you have had to wait this long for confirmation from the benefits office.

Please reply as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely,
xxxx xxxx


Does anyone have any advice as to what I should do?
Do I start the three letter process with Inter-Credit International Ltd?

Many thanks in advance for any advice.
Epsom

epsom
Not so newb
Not so newb

Posts : 81
Join date : 2017-02-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Income support deductions/ Affinity Water and Debt collector

Post by daveiron on Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:24 pm

I would write to C.E.O. of Affinity Water ,& inform him that you were paying via their water direct scheme , and as your type of benefits has changed ,you have reapplied for the scheme as published on their own website .
Point out that because they have not completed the process regarding your application as stated on their website they are now causing you distress by engaging debt collectors when it is totally unnecessary .

daveiron
Not so newb
Not so newb

Posts : 599
Join date : 2017-01-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Income support deductions/ Affinity Water and Debt collector

Post by Jinxer on Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:01 pm

Do a search for Thames water trust fund and see if you qualify to have your arrears written off and a massive reduction on future bills. I think they reduce the bill payments to £3.89 a month. Less than 40 quid a year and you only need to show them you spend more than you have income per month to qualify.

Jinxer
Not so newb
Not so newb

Posts : 304
Join date : 2017-06-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Income support deductions/ Affinity Water and Debt collector

Post by epsom on Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:45 pm

Jinxer wrote:Do a search for Thames water trust fund and see if you qualify to have your arrears written off and a massive reduction on future bills. I think they reduce the bill payments to £3.89 a month. Less than 40 quid a year and you only need to show them you spend more than you have income per month to qualify.

Thanks Jinxer, but I did that many months ago via Anglian Water Trust Fund---and I did not qualify.

epsom
Not so newb
Not so newb

Posts : 81
Join date : 2017-02-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Income support deductions/ Affinity Water and Debt collector

Post by epsom on Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:49 pm

daveiron wrote:I would write to C.E.O. of Affinity Water ,& inform him that you were paying via their water direct scheme , and as your type of benefits has changed ,you have reapplied for the scheme as published on their own website .
Point out that because they have not completed the process regarding your application as stated on their website they are now causing you distress by engaging debt collectors when it is totally unnecessary .

Thanks daveiron.
I don't know if it's called water direct --but they were taking money direct from my JSA.
I will wait to see if I get a reply re- my email to Affinity Water first before I do anything else.

epsom
Not so newb
Not so newb

Posts : 81
Join date : 2017-02-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Income support deductions/ Affinity Water and Debt collector

Post by Waffle on Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:01 pm

I don't know if this will help but I'll share it anyway...

I had a phone call from a DCA who had bought a debt from orange. I communicated with the DCA and told them I knew nothing of the debt, who is the originator. I then went back to orange and raised an internal complaint and had a block on any transfer to any third parties.

I then went back to the DCA and told them what I had done and that orange had blocked any transfer to a third party.

I then went back to orange raised another complaint, I played it on thick and made sure they knew they had screwed up, they brought the debt back from the DCA and wiped it for me.

I recently made some internal complaints with a bank about some simple matters, I made sure they knew they were in the wrong and they credited my account with £150.00 for the distress it caused.

The point being is don't back down and make sure you let them know they are in the wrong. It can sometimes be resolved over the phone and without letters, especially for small sums, like yours.

If you are already under a lot of stress this will not help and its wasting you valuable time when you should be caring for your farther, these would be good arguments to raise with them, also you have done everything from your end to fulfil your obligations for the outstanding balance, it sound to me like you should be compensated for all the trouble they have caused.

Waffle
Not so newb
Not so newb

Posts : 762
Join date : 2017-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Income support deductions/ Affinity Water and Debt collector

Post by daveiron on Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:45 pm

Hi epsom,

just checked it is called water direct scheme , it seems many water companies operate the same scheme. Maybe worth looking at their website.

daveiron
Not so newb
Not so newb

Posts : 599
Join date : 2017-01-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Income support deductions/ Affinity Water and Debt collector

Post by epsom on Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:00 am

Waffle wrote:I don't know if this will help but I'll share it anyway...

I had a phone call from a DCA who had bought a debt from orange. I communicated with the DCA and told them I knew nothing of the debt, who is the originator. I then went back to orange and raised an internal complaint and had a block on any transfer to any third parties.

I then went back to the DCA and told them what I had done and that orange had blocked any transfer to a third party.

I then went back to orange raised another complaint, I played it on thick and made sure they knew they had screwed up, they brought the debt back from the DCA and wiped it for me.

I recently made some internal complaints with a bank about some simple matters, I made sure they knew they were in the wrong and they credited my account with £150.00 for the distress it caused.

The point being is don't back down and make sure you let them know they are in the wrong. It can sometimes be resolved over the phone and without letters, especially for small sums, like yours.

If you are already under a lot of stress this will not help and its wasting you valuable time when you should be caring for your farther, these would be good arguments to raise with them, also you have done everything from your end to fulfil your obligations for the outstanding balance, it sound to me like you should be compensated for all the trouble they have caused.

Thanks waffle....it's not causing stress, just bloody annoyance.
I have been using the three letter process for a long time now for all the debts I had, banks, provident, Littlewoods, BT and many more---and I have been successful with all of them.
The problem is with it being a utility. If I do not get a reasonable reply from the water company on Monday, I will go ahead with the three letter process.

epsom
Not so newb
Not so newb

Posts : 81
Join date : 2017-02-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Income support deductions/ Affinity Water and Debt collector

Post by landlubber on Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:21 pm

There appears to be a reason why these companies back down when it comes to taking payments from benefits. Benefits, under EU case law and human rights laws show that benefits are not only rights, but are also belongings and inalienable. No company has any right to take benefits away from you to satisfy a bill, especially if that bill breaches your rights under the human rights declaration of 1948. Ignore the Human Rights Act 1998 it's fraudulent since it removes many rights recognized as belonging to you the wo/man. If you do not stand up for your rights, then nobody else is going to...

landlubber
Not so newb
Not so newb

Posts : 128
Join date : 2017-01-31

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Income support deductions/ Affinity Water and Debt collector

Post by iamani on Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:29 pm

Hi Epsom

If you watch 'eche-echelonix' presentations on ceylon's y.t. channels he gives an interesting option in legally challenging their right to charge you for water (as long as you use less than 20 cubic metres a day!).

Good luck

Cheers!

iamani
Not so newb
Not so newb

Posts : 805
Join date : 2017-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Income support deductions/ Affinity Water and Debt collector

Post by landlubber on Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:54 pm

iamani wrote:Hi Epsom

  If you watch 'eche-echelonix' presentations on ceylon's y.t. channels he gives an interesting option in legally challenging their right to charge you for water (as long as you use less than 20 cubic metres a day!).

Good luck

Cheers!

Hi Iamani...
How can we get to these particular videos, eche-echelonix, when Ceylon has hundreds of videos on his YT channel and there's no means to searching under this title?

landlubber
Not so newb
Not so newb

Posts : 128
Join date : 2017-01-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Income support deductions/ Affinity Water and Debt collector

Post by iamani on Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:13 pm

Hi landlubber

Sorry buddy - try STUART RUSSELL SKYPE ECHE-ECHELONIC and ECHELONIC MUST SEE MULTIPLE TOPICS (on srilankerc)

( i trawled through a long y.t. history for that - enjoy!)

Cheers!

iamani
Not so newb
Not so newb

Posts : 805
Join date : 2017-05-01

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum