Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Hi
by andybreck Today at 7:05 pm

» 24 Storey Tower on Fire in Kensington - dies
by Awoken2 Today at 6:17 pm

» Paying By Endorsement
by daveiron Today at 5:53 pm

» Trademark Disput with Council
by Phillpots Today at 5:23 pm

» Hi. Need help/advice
by daveiron Today at 5:14 pm

» Mi5 officer confesses killing diana
by LionsShare Today at 2:37 pm

» Print Mode
by Ausk Today at 10:38 am

» WhiteRabbit Trust. Simon Goldberg.
by aarons1950 Today at 9:13 am

» Ghosties N **** that goes bump in the night. At last the Truth.
by max2000 Today at 12:18 am

» Siemens Company claims £30k+ in out of court damages - URGENT ADVICE NEEDED
by Jinxer Yesterday at 2:53 pm

» Look up in the sky....
by Lopsum Yesterday at 2:33 pm

» The Yellow Shark
by StrangerInAStrangeLand Yesterday at 11:55 am

» Two of a Kind
by Phillpots Yesterday at 12:59 am

» Sergei Rachmaninoff - plays his Piano Concerto No. 2
by actinglikeabanker Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:22 pm

» Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Lacrimosa
by actinglikeabanker Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:05 pm

» HEAL YOURSELF natural remedies to all illness
by ceylon Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:26 pm

» Hi All
by ceylon Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:23 pm

» Frédéric Chopin - Nocturne
by actinglikeabanker Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:11 pm

» Claude Debussy - Clair De Lune
by actinglikeabanker Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:01 pm

» UK Column
by ceylon Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:45 pm

» City of Ember
by actinglikeabanker Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:20 pm

» Thought you guys sold out!!
by ceylon Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:22 am

» Sui Juris – The Official State Office Known As "PERSON"
by ceylon Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:52 am

» CitiBank Returns from the Dead!
by assassin Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:05 am

» Land Registry Offices
by assassin Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:57 am

» Busybodies
by assassin Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:55 am

» Hello
by Phillpots Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:02 pm

» Who are the real Gatekeepers?
by Phillpots Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:59 pm

» sol excalibre with cookiemonster
by StrangerInAStrangeLand Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:42 pm

» Land Registry are trying to tranfer my property to the Crown
by mickybobo Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:15 pm

» SFO charges in Barclays Qatar capital raising case
by jockenglish Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:40 am

» Dragging You Into Scams
by assassin Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:54 am

» Misconduct in Public Office
by actinglikeabanker Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:14 pm

» Thought i would say hello!
by andybreck Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:07 pm

» Johann Sebastian Bach - Air
by StrangerInAStrangeLand Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:21 pm

» Tchaikovsky - 1812 Overture (Full with Cannons)
by actinglikeabanker Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:08 pm

» advice on were bank
by QUEENISABELLA Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:23 pm

Tax and the legal name

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tax and the legal name

Post by Ausk on Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:39 am

The legal name gets a lot of discussion these days in these forums which reminds me of this.

I listen to Know Your Rights Group online broddcasts each week. In recent times I have learnt this about tax.

Firstly, No tax authority in the western world provides a definition of income in their taxt act.

If we work for a hourly rate, wage or salary then we do not have to pay tax because their is no profit. Lets suppose we work for '400' $ or quid per week. There is no profit from this amount. Secondly, this money is compensation anyway and not income.

If I said I wanted $30per hour but they paid me $40 per hour then the $10 is profit and is taxable.

The way they turn $400 compensation into a $400 income is get us to complete the tax declaration form the employer gives us to complete when we start a job, and they want it in all capitals. This turns us into a corporation in the eyes of the ATO so therefore they now tax everything beyond the tax free threshold as profit.

To summarise how to deal with tax is:

Write them a letter, not email, and say that you are attempting to complete you annual tax return but in order for you to complete it they must provide you with an official definition of income which you so you can complete your return.

While your at it, ask for a detailed breakdown of much VAT you have paid in the year so that you can accurately assess the amount of tax you must pay or receive back, by way of refund.

If you must complete a tax declaration form before you can commence employment, do it in lower case letters.

Hope this helps


Posts : 29
Join date : 2017-06-03

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum