Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» History Of The Saudi Royal Family
by Kestrel Today at 11:33 am

» Arrow Global ... reared their ugly head again!
by petesomething Today at 10:22 am

» Predictive programming and the music industry.
by Awoken2 Today at 9:58 am

» Geo Engineering, are we seeing another avoidable tragedy?
by Awoken2 Today at 9:46 am

» jacobs/council tax
by pitano1 Today at 9:10 am

» Bankruptcy
by daveiron Today at 8:24 am

» What really SCARES Big Pharma? People who know how to CURE their own DISEASE!
by assassin Today at 2:12 am

» Lent Van
by assassin Today at 2:06 am

» Took me a while
by andybreck Yesterday at 10:41 pm

» Assignment
by Tiggy Yesterday at 9:20 pm

» Hedgerow Food Plants that Grow WILD
by Society of the Spectacle Yesterday at 8:50 pm

» Lowell vanquis - Tiggy?
by petesomething Yesterday at 8:25 pm

» Is it proof..
by petesomething Yesterday at 7:57 pm

» Hello Again,
by Philchef34 Yesterday at 7:37 pm

» UK Column
by LionsShare Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» Joint Bank Giro Credit Slip Missing Utility Company Has Not sent with their fake bill/s Need advice please .
by LionsShare Yesterday at 2:53 pm

» George Soros Confirms Take Over Of Europe
by Society of the Spectacle Yesterday at 2:37 pm

» County Court Claim
by Jay Yesterday at 12:30 pm

» Cabot and Restons Conspiracy to Defraud
by barnwebb Yesterday at 12:12 pm

» Are they just making it up?
by Lopsum Yesterday at 11:35 am

» The Secret Masonic Victory of World War Two Part 8
by Kestrel Yesterday at 10:58 am

» 3 LETTER COCK UP
by hoopoe22 Yesterday at 8:45 am

» Legal firm calling
by 1saberwow Yesterday at 6:44 am

» Car accident
by Jinxer Yesterday at 3:08 am

» Yell.com / Hibu Crooks - HELP PLEASE!
by FreedomNow Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:15 pm

» Private parking firms CANNOT fine you Daniel Bostock on the BBC
by assassin Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:56 pm

» More Brexit
by assassin Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:54 pm

» Yellow Junction box penality ticket
by petesomething Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:54 pm

» YOU SIMPLY HAVE TO LOVE our BOYS [and gals] in Blue. Here they are at FINCHLEY PARK MOSQUE
by epsom Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:04 pm

» Vegas False Flag
by Society of the Spectacle Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:08 pm

» Landlord problem
by handle Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:37 pm

» School Detention
by janloot Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:43 pm

» Mugabes gone what next?
by ceylon Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:26 pm

» Reporting the Police
by assassin Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:53 am

» Reality chat with peter howard and company
by Society of the Spectacle Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:58 pm

» Paying By Endorsement
by LionsShare Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:07 pm

» News what news?
by ceylon Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:29 am

Licence Revoked

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Licence Revoked

Post by Jinxer on Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:03 pm

Yes thanks for your time all. I know in the short term she is going to have to fight for her licence and theirs not much else she can do. I was more just venting my frustration on what is such an unfair system for her.

Jinxer
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by petesomething on Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:09 pm

Last edited by petesomething on Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add)
petesomething
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron on Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:41 pm

Good find Pete.

As i said earlier the only evidence is hearsay.

daveiron
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by actinglikeabanker on Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:14 pm

I agree with you daveiron, on the point of this interaction the 'evidence' has come from a third party so is hearsay.

To regain the licence, the approach I would personally take is to use the 'common law breach of confidentiality' as legal leverage, that choice is down to your friends daughter though. Might be worth suggesting she gets a free hour with a solicitor to explore this as a possible avenue.

Many public services are, and have been, 'leading beyond authority'.
actinglikeabanker
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin on Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:59 am

Now ask yourself a question, why do doctors want you on permanent medication for a variety of conditions you may or may not have, did you inform the DVLA of a change of circumstances? instant breach of contract and you can see the common denominator here, the doctor as they prescribe the medication and inform on you.
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinxer on Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:39 am

She still hasn't managed to get her licence back yet. The stage she is at now is she had to wait for her Doctor to come back from off holiday and she went to see him with her step father this time. The Doctor has wrote her a letter stating that it was miscommunication about her having a drink problem and that her step father backed that up. The DVLA have now wrote back and said they have to get more information from her Doctor and should have an answer for her within 6 weeks.
The story get's even worse now as her insurance has run out and the only thing she has listened to me about is not to try and renew it yet until she has her licence back in case they ask for a code to check it online like they do these days.
Theirs more on this but it all sounds so unbelievable no one would believe how unlucky these friends of mine have been the last few months.

Jinxer
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron on Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:07 am

Its a pity she did not listen to you in the first place. It seems clear that the Doctor is now on his back foot ,and made assumptions based not on medical evidence ,but on third party hearsay.
Unfortunately if she will not listen ,what more can you do.

daveiron
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Kestrel on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:08 am

I would advise your friend to go a step further & seek damages against her doctor for financial loss/tort caused as he/she broke confidentially & offered only 'opinion' & as said elsewhere only hearsay evidence.

I've noted in recent years when visiting a doctor i am always asked if i drink (& no i don't look like 'Father Jack'), i rarely do hence the reply as such but i am dubious at times of what i say to a doctor as i really do not trust them.

Kestrel
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggy on Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:28 pm

From the GMC website

Disclosure without consent

Occasionally, there will be circumstances where you have to disclose a patient’s records without their consent (and, rarely, in the face of the patient’s clear objection to disclosure). There are three possible justifications for this:

If you believe that a patient may be a victim of neglect or abuse, and that they lack capacity to consent to disclosure, you must give information promptly to an appropriate person or authority, if you believe disclosure is in the patient’s best interests.

You believe that it is in the wider public interest, or that it is necessary to protect the patient or someone else from the risk of death or serious harm. Examples of this might be to inform the DVLA if someone may be unfit to drive, or to assist the police in preventing or solving a serious crime, or informing the police if you have good reason to believe that a patient is a threat to others.

You should follow GMC guidance (Confidentiality) on disclosure within the wider public interest.
Disclosure is required by law – for example, in accordance with a statutory obligation, or to comply with a court order or a disclosure notice from the NHS Counter-Fraud Service.

Tiggy
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin on Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:20 pm

I agree, civil tort, doctor admits he has made a mistake and is admitting liability, hopefully in writing. lets hope he doesn't mistakes when operating.
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinxer on Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:55 pm

On reflection theirs more to this (there usually is). The girl was under mental health when she was 18 or 19 I can remember this and it was when she was dumped by her boyfriend and she went off the rails a bit like young girls do and her mum who believes Doctors have the answer for everything somehow managed to get her sectioned for a month or so and now she has to renew her licence every 3 years and the Doctor has to fill his bit out, which is when he asked her if she drank and her mum piped up that she binge drinks at weekends and that's what he put on the form. The last 2 times the form was filled in by the mental health team, but this time it was done by her Doctor as she is no longer under mental health care. This is the letter he wrote. I can't post it but can type it out.

I am writing to address a concern raised by the above named patient with regards to a letter she received from DVLA on the **th June 2017.
This letter is to state that the patient is not dependant on alcohol as was portrayed in the letter she received. She stated to me that she only drank alcohol over the weekend but not regularly and she has maintained her jobs Monday to Friday without any issues of concerns raised.
After seeing the patient on the **th of May 2017, she claims to have abstained from any alcohol, a claim which was confirmed by her step father during her last review.
If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact.

Yours Sincerely
and then he's signed the letter.

It sounds as if her mum is horrible but she isn't she is one of the kindest human beings you would ever meet and would do anything for anyone, but is totally disillusioned with people in positions of trust and she would be the type who if Trump nuked Korea she would believe they deserved it because the BBC said so.

Jinxer
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinxer on Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:13 pm

The poor kid still hasn't got her licence back yet, DVLA needed more information from her doctor which he has faxed over to them. Just waiting on them to review it now and hopefully she will be sorted this week.

Jinxer
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin on Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:20 am

So the doctor is not using or giving medical opinion and is using hearsay evidence, highly illegal and unlawful.
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinxer on Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:31 pm

Update to this is DVLA now want her to undergo a medical and she's waiting on the letter to tell her how to do this. The girl hasn't been out and had a drink at all since this has happened she's been to scared to. Me personally would have carried on driving but as I have said before even though she's well peed off with them she wouldn't dare do something the authorities tell her not to.

Jinxer
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin on Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:36 pm

Civil tort?
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ausk on Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:30 am

I agree an action against the doctor should be perused for 2 reasons.

(1) It appears to me to be a very strong case and;

(2) in addition, only by pegging doctors back in the courts when a good opportunity arises will more doctors see the folly of unthinking slavish compliance and obedience to govt 'must do's"

strike while the iron is hot I say.

Ausk
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum