Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» How to Grow Garlic
by honeyaisle Today at 8:10 am

» Hello and Capquest
by daveiron Today at 5:38 am

» Yes, There Is a Government Troll Training Program https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-gX8CGceoE
by ceylon Today at 2:33 am

» Creating Energy-Wind
by assassin Today at 2:26 am

» They're Done! Checkmate - We Win! Ken O'Keefe's Solution!
by ceylon Today at 1:12 am

» Residence and Domicile
by Candor Today at 12:20 am

» Yes, There Is a Government Troll Training Program-The Art of Deception
by Phillpots Yesterday at 9:36 pm

» RIP Chester
by Awoken2 Yesterday at 9:27 pm

» 24 Storey Tower on Fire in Kensington - dies
by Awoken2 Yesterday at 9:10 pm

» Liability Order in Respect of Council Tax....
by Candor Yesterday at 6:42 pm

» Tid-bits, Nuggets and Pearls
by iamani Yesterday at 6:23 pm

» Mortgage Securitization - Research In Progress
by actinglikeabanker Yesterday at 5:59 pm

» UK judge blocks £14bn class action suit against Mastercard
by jss64 Yesterday at 5:38 pm

» The Pre-Action Protocol for Debt Claims is made by the Master of the Rolls as Head of Civil Justice. The Protocol comes into force on 1 October 2017
by Jinxer Yesterday at 5:22 pm

» Troy Mortgage Workshop Nottingham 15 July 2017
by Boudica Yesterday at 5:06 pm

» Parents to face £130.00 fines for driving their children to school under SHOCK new SCHEME
by ceylon Yesterday at 4:30 pm

» HOW TO DEAL WITH A POLICE INTERVIEW 1 fixed
by iamani Yesterday at 2:37 pm

» CCA Clarification
by 1215kent Yesterday at 2:08 pm

» Cancer Act 1939
by toolapcblack Yesterday at 11:34 am

» DCA and ME
by LionsShare Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Basic guide to forum posting
by daveiron Yesterday at 8:48 am

» The Kol Nidre
by actinglikeabanker Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:10 pm

» How To Spot A Liar
by actinglikeabanker Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:28 pm

» British Gas to pay customers £1.1m compensation
by daveiron Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:17 pm

» UK Column
by ceylon Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:48 pm

» Linkin Park Singer Hoax death
by toolapcblack Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:47 pm

» Hi. Need help/advice
by Alfiebertilini270907 Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:35 am

» hi all
by assassin Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:01 pm

» Company selling accounts to Debt collector--although not in debt!
by actinglikeabanker Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:39 pm

» NOTTINGHAM CRIMINAL CARTEL WASTE BILLIONS SO THEY CAN INCREASE THE ILLEGAL AND UNLAWFUL COUNCIL TAX
by ceylon Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:40 pm

» Reality chat with peter howard and company
by actinglikeabanker Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:37 pm

» My Council Tax Experience
by actinglikeabanker Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:59 pm

» PRA Group
by MEMEGIRL Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:42 pm

» Sheriffs Office and Denial of access Notice
by Ausk Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:07 am

» HMRC SELL DEBTS ?
by MEMEGIRL Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:36 am

» Does anyone know how to get in touch with Tiggy?
by daveiron Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:07 am

» Buddha Dharma - Buddhism
by actinglikeabanker Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:55 pm


Discussion About Contribution

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussion About Contribution

Post by Ferry Man on Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:27 pm

@Lopsum wrote:ok we have decided to disable your pm ability , we cannot allow secret advisors to operate on this forum for obvious reasons.

I meant you might as well disable my access full stop, as I have no desire to discuss anything with those I don't choose to, Maybe you should apologise to the member (Ooops!!!) who I was in the middle of helping as obviously you deem their privacy and confidential data better supplied on an open forum.

Take note people, take note .... sanity has left the circus.


Last edited by Lopsum on Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to protect your confidentiality!)

Ferry Man
Newb
Newb

Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-06-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion About Contribution

Post by Lopsum on Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:51 am

I deem nothing of the sort, members can give details anonymously , thats how it works. Nobody needs to know any personal identifiable info and nobody should ask.
Your arguments dont really add up, it seems you expect to use this open forum to privately discuss  matters and gain access to members confidential data , and you mention sanity , bizarre!
surely you can see our point of view on this. Rolling Eyes
The only other option is a closed group forum which would be moderated but only visible to members invited to the group. Thats as private as we can go for the safety of our members! If you think that might work I will happily make the group section and add you.
avatar
Lopsum
Admin
Admin

Posts : 579
Join date : 2017-01-15

http://goodf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion About Contribution

Post by actinglikeabanker on Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:57 am

Ferry Man,

@Ferry Man wrote:lopsum

Thank you for taking some time to give this thread some thought, however as I said before I am only working by PM when I visit this site (this reply excepted), I have stated my reasons already in this thread and the rates thread I initiated.

I am offering assistance by PM, and I am currently helping one member in a matter, and I wish to maintain their privacy and mine in that, if my using PM to work with others is a problem for you, then perhaps disabling my access is your remedy.

Grand speech about privacy and then,

@Ferry Man wrote:
@Lopsum wrote:ok we have decided to disable your pm ability , we cannot allow secret advisors to operate on this forum for obvious reasons.

I meant you might as well disable my access full stop, as I have no desire to discuss anything with those I don't choose to, Maybe you should apologise to the member (@@@@) who I was in the middle of helping as obviously you deem their privacy and confidential data better supplied on an open forum.

Take note people, take note .... sanity has left the circus.

The only person to breach confidentiality is you, as it suits your argument.

You are perfectly able to talk openly in the community space, nobody is trying to stop you from talking, you however, are trying to get people into PM's to share your knowledge. This is an open community space so that ideas solutions and pitfalls are explored, for the benefit of all. This is not a private coaching space were individuals can promote their own knowledge, refuse that knowledge to the community and then select who attains personal attention.

It is with regret but I have implemented a 48 hour ban on your account, you have breached the trust of a member and this is unacceptable. I hope that you take the time to reflect on the circumstances that have amounted to this and consider how, or if, you wish to contribute to the community in the future.
avatar
actinglikeabanker
Not so newb
Not so newb

Posts : 252
Join date : 2017-05-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion About Contribution

Post by honeyaisle on Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:08 pm

@actinglikeabanker wrote:Ferry Man,

Grand speech about privacy and then,

The only person to breach confidentiality is you, as it suits your argument.

You are perfectly able to talk openly in the community space, nobody is trying to stop you from talking, you however, are trying to get people into PM's to share your knowledge. This is an open community space so that ideas solutions and pitfalls are explored, for the benefit of all. This is not a private coaching space were individuals can promote their own knowledge, refuse that knowledge to the community and then select who attains personal attention.

It is with regret but I have implemented a 48 hour ban on your account, you have breached the trust of a member and this is unacceptable. I hope that you take the time to reflect on the circumstances that have amounted to this and consider how, or if, you wish to contribute to the community in the future.

WOW
Had to look twice at what I was reading and then remembered to screenshot the thread.  So Ferry Man has been banned by someone who isn't listed as a moderator and is not the creator of this forum. Interesting to say the least. Check the mod list actinglikeabanker is not listed and lopsum was the brave soul who created this site.

As for what Ferry Man did well this is exactly how assassin operated on goodf. He only ever helped people by the goodf pm system to 'ensure confidentiality' and yet poor Ferry Man has now been banned for doing the exact same thing here. Not criticising lopsum simply pointing out a difference in approach between goodf and this place. Perhaps assassin is no longer helping people by pm these days other than you and him no-one would know.

I applied to Ferry Man to get the info on how to read Acts correctly via pm but was blackballed.


Last edited by honeyaisle on Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just to confirm I have screenshotted the above and have a text file stored. You never know.)

honeyaisle
Not so newb
Not so newb

Posts : 66
Join date : 2017-05-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion About Contribution

Post by Society of the Spectacle on Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:07 pm

@honeyaisle wrote:As for what Ferry Man did well this is exactly how assassin operated on goodf. He only ever helped people by the goodf pm system to 'ensure confidentiality' and yet poor Ferry Man has now been banned for doing the exact same thing here.
and yet I dont think you will find Assasin ever making a statement like this ,


ferryman wrote:as I have no desire to discuss anything with those I don't choose to,  
WOW,

Almost like somebody Scripted the whole thing isnt it ?

Last Edited by society of the Spectacle,
to place  provocatively poking tongue,
firmly back in Cheek.
avatar
Society of the Spectacle
Admin
Admin

Posts : 102
Join date : 2017-01-15
Location : Castor

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion About Contribution

Post by honeyaisle on Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:52 pm

@Society of the Spectacle wrote:
@honeyaisle wrote:As for what Ferry Man did well this is exactly how assassin operated on goodf. He only ever helped people by the goodf pm system to 'ensure confidentiality' and yet poor Ferry Man has now been banned for doing the exact same thing here.
and yet I dont think you will find Assasin ever making a statement like this ,


ferryman wrote:as I have no desire to discuss anything with those I don't choose to,  
WOW,

Almost like somebody Scripted the whole thing isnt it ?

Last Edited by society of the Spectacle,
to place  provocatively poking tongue,
firmly back in Cheek.

Well he told me this by private message which is now locked away in the vaults of goodf. I could go into the goodf forum and find references which show this to be the way he assisted folks but I'm sure he will be along at some point to clarify things.
Still doesn't address the issue of how a non moderator can ban someone on here. You are a listed mod any idea's?

honeyaisle
Not so newb
Not so newb

Posts : 66
Join date : 2017-05-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion About Contribution

Post by actinglikeabanker on Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:01 pm

honeyaisle, Ferry Man claimed he was in communication with another and wanted to keep their privacy,

@Ferry Man wrote:
lopsum

Thank you for taking some time to give this thread some thought, however as I said before I am only working by PM when I visit this site (this reply excepted), I have stated my reasons already in this thread and the rates thread I initiated.

I am offering assistance by PM, and I am currently helping one member in a matter, and I wish to maintain their privacy and mine in that, if my using PM to work with others is a problem for you, then perhaps disabling my access is your remedy.

Ferry Man then went on to divulge the person who he was discussing in private with,

@Ferry Man wrote:

@Lopsum wrote:ok we have decided to disable your pm ability , we cannot allow secret advisors to operate on this forum for obvious reasons.

I meant you might as well disable my access full stop, as I have no desire to discuss anything with those I don't choose to, Maybe you should apologise to the member (@@@@) who I was in the middle of helping as obviously you deem their privacy and confidential data better supplied on an open forum.

Take note people, take note .... sanity has left the circus.

No one wanted, or asked Ferry Man to breach the trust and confidence that the member had placed in Ferry Man. I am just glad that he did not have more peoples confidence and trust placed in him as I can only presume he would have given all of their names out to support his argument.

As a member of 'community watch', I have a duty and responsibility to ensure everyone is treated fairly and a member giving out private details that have been shared in confidence without express consent of that member is unacceptable. I implemented a '48' hour ban so that Ferry Man can consider this, I felt I gave pretty clear and concise reasoning for this above.

Screen shot the thread if you wish, I have nothing to hide, I feel I was fair in the approach I took and I am fully open to any recourse from any of the mods, including, but not limited to the 5 listed as mods. Personally I like to use internet archive if I feel something is that important it needs saving for future reference.

He is a archive copy of the thread := https://web.archive.org/web/20170709150314/http://goodf.forumotion.com/t626p25-discussion-about-contribution
avatar
actinglikeabanker
Not so newb
Not so newb

Posts : 252
Join date : 2017-05-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion About Contribution

Post by honeyaisle on Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:24 pm

@actinglikeabanker wrote:
As a member of 'community watch', I have a duty and responsibility to ensure everyone is treated fairly and a member giving out private details that have been shared in confidence without express consent of that member is unacceptable. I implemented a '48' hour ban so that Ferry Man can consider this, I felt I gave pretty clear and concise reasoning for this above.

Aaah, there you have it. Silly me thinking all moderators had to have thei names listed on the mod list. Seemed so obvious.
So community watch is a hidden set of mods with banning powers.

From the faq
Usergroups are a way in which board administrators can group users. Each user can belong to several groups (this differs from most other boards) and each group can be assigned individual access rights. This makes it easy for administrators to set up several users as moderators of a forum, or to give them access to a private forum, etc.

   How do I become a Usergroup Moderator?

   Usergroups are initially created by the board administrator who also assigns a board moderator. If you are interested in creating a usergroup then your first point of contact should be the administrator, so try dropping them a private message.

honeyaisle
Not so newb
Not so newb

Posts : 66
Join date : 2017-05-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion About Contribution

Post by actinglikeabanker on Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:46 pm

I don't think anyone is trying to hide anything.

All actions and decisions, where practical, are shared with all mod's to express thoughts and opinions.

I think we may be loosing sight of the thread in question 'Discussion About Contribution'.

Perhaps you could make a thread about moderators and moderator decisions, or similar.

This thread was split from another thread so that Ferry Man could express his views about contribution as it was going off topic from a question another poster had made. Out of fairness to Ferry Man who incidentally is 'not' banned for life could we try to keep it on topic please.
avatar
actinglikeabanker
Not so newb
Not so newb

Posts : 252
Join date : 2017-05-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion About Contribution

Post by honeyaisle on Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:17 pm

@actinglikeabanker wrote:I don't think anyone is trying to hide anything.

All actions and decisions, where practical, are shared with all mod's to express thoughts and opinions.

I think we may be loosing sight of the thread in question 'Discussion About Contribution'.

Perhaps you could make a thread about moderators and moderator decisions, or similar.

This thread was split from another thread so that Ferry Man could express his views about contribution as it was going off topic from a question another poster had made. Out of fairness to Ferry Man who incidentally is 'not' banned for life could we try to keep it on topic please.

Not a problem. I have now 'discovered the not quite hidden but ever discussed closed group of folks in 'community watch'. 'Hidden in plain sight 'to quote a phrase. For those like me who may have missed the link it is at the foot of the homepage and here for your convenience.
http://goodf.forumotion.com/g9-community-watch

And for what its worth as Ferry Man did what he did re the 'other member' then banning him was the only option. Adieu, from this thread!


honeyaisle
Not so newb
Not so newb

Posts : 66
Join date : 2017-05-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion About Contribution

Post by Lopsum on Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:46 pm

what ever you do dont panic ! the mod list doesnt list all our mods,  i didnt set permissions individually ,i did it by setting the group up with mod powers and adding people as we find to the group so the auto generated list doesnt see them.(naughty i know, typical me not reading the instruction manual Rolling Eyes
  the blue names were a clue all along though!! Laughing


 "and we'd of gotten away with it too if it wasnt for you medling kids!!" rabbit
avatar
Lopsum
Admin
Admin

Posts : 579
Join date : 2017-01-15

http://goodf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion About Contribution

Post by assassin on Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:47 am

Lopsum, why can't I be a covert mod?

Perhaps I would have too much fun with it and annoy many.
avatar
assassin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 510
Join date : 2017-01-28
Location : Wherever I Lay My Head

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion About Contribution

Post by Ferry Man on Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:18 am

BEFORE I DEPART:

ALAB; you must be having a laugh, don't come all "I broke a members trust" with it, it was the content of private communication and documents that were private, not the fact I was helping by PM, and in any case the request was made on the open forum to begin with, thanks to you Einsteins, I could no longer continue to offer support for that individual while questions were outstanding ... nice attempt to try and salvage some integrity for yourselves, but really quite childish and demonstrative of the clique mentality prevalent on the forum which is mediocre at best, among those considered in the community, impartiality ? what nonsense.

You clearly have no comprehension of Trust implied resulting or otherwise, Ban me for 48 years if you like, I have no intention in being part of a so called community like the one you aspire to (that is the mods and those posting vitriol) and then suggesting I do things for them...

You know where you can stick it don't you.


Ferry Man
Newb
Newb

Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-06-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion About Contribution

Post by teddy2 on Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:14 am

there is a lot of positive energy today! just looked on here, its a sad read, credit to all on the site yet info such as ferry man's is relevant and needed .
i feel we have winning roadster with blown engine and been offered a working v8 turned it down we are all raising our game to free ourselves however the c/tax is a mafia based pay up
or else . some may be having success and keeping their powder dry f/m could have lifted the dread for many . im not an oxford don ,more john harris
but key points learned can set us free from any demands . pleased for the site set up and the guys who did . could there be a way to embrace the knowledge of the caliber of ferry man . peace

teddy2
Not so newb
Not so newb

Posts : 51
Join date : 2017-02-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion About Contribution

Post by Lopsum on Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:34 pm

well so far i dont seem much of an offering, only suggested offerings.
to get a grasp of CT you need to research the legislation, that about sums it up.
 Let me put it this way, as i for one do not know who ferryman was on the other site so any offerings are oblivious to me, i only have what i see on this site to go on.
This is community site with emphasis on coming together , sharing information , ideas and experiences. What ferryman has written goes against this. This is the reason things have happened the way they have. Unfortunately Ferryman is not able to be more flexible and neither are the majority of mods who have the responsibility of maintaining the site . (so the mods CANT move and ferryman just wont!).I have made every attempt possible to accommodate ferryman as is possible and he has flat out refused to even try.
I suggest you go back to the beginning ferryman, you have not gained the incredibly huge amount of trust needed to allow what you proposed.
iam afraid you have just "messed" your own bed.
avatar
Lopsum
Admin
Admin

Posts : 579
Join date : 2017-01-15

http://goodf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion About Contribution

Post by Jinxer on Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:09 pm

@Ferry Man wrote:BEFORE I DEPART:

ALAB; you must be having a laugh, don't come all "I broke a members trust" with it, it was the content of private communication and documents that were private, not the fact I was helping by PM, and in any case the request was made on the open forum to begin with, thanks to you Einsteins, I could no longer continue to offer support for that individual while questions were outstanding ... nice attempt to try and salvage some integrity for yourselves, but really quite childish and demonstrative of the clique mentality prevalent on the forum which is mediocre at best, among those considered in the community, impartiality ? what nonsense.

You clearly have no comprehension of Trust implied resulting or otherwise, Ban me for 48 years if you like, I have no intention in being part of a so called community like the one you aspire to (that is the mods and those posting vitriol) and then suggesting I do things for them...

You know where you can stick it don't you.    

I'm sure you will be sadly missed and good luck with your quest.

Jinxer
Not so newb
Not so newb

Posts : 50
Join date : 2017-06-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion About Contribution

Post by teddy2 on Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:41 pm

yes jinxer sadly missed , yet this site was set up as the old was scuppered and the forward thinking of the few that gave us a life line cannot be ignored .
as troy and others hold workshops perhaps f/man could
follow suit i would be more than willing to pay for such a
talk , a sad day however lets be grateful of what we have many clued up and hungry members .
that the founders cannot find common ground with the member , there has to be give and take , f/man a scholar perhaps does not feel he has to . peace all
lets go forward .

teddy2
Not so newb
Not so newb

Posts : 51
Join date : 2017-02-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion About Contribution

Post by assassin on Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:41 am

@teddy2 wrote:there is a lot of positive energy today! just looked on here, its a sad read, credit to all on the site yet info such as ferry man's is relevant and needed .
i feel we have winning roadster with blown engine and been offered a working v8 turned it down  we are all raising our game to free ourselves however the c/tax is a mafia based pay up
or else . some may be having success and keeping their powder dry f/m could have lifted the dread for many . im not an  oxford don ,more  john harris
but key points learned can set us free from any demands . pleased for the site set up and the guys who did . could there be a way to embrace the knowledge of the caliber of ferry man . peace  

Unfortunately there is nothing of the sort as what Ferryman is alluding too is actually very old news and tried multiple times before with every case resulting in a loss, and this leaves us as mods with difficult decisions, do we allow people to be led down the garden path and let it end up with them potentially losing their savings and homes, or have we a duty to ensure the accuracy of such information and let people make an informed choice.

We all know the problems and we all know the solutions, the issue is the corrupt system which closes ranks so people cannot invoke the solutions and its multiple layers it has created for itself, to protect itself.
avatar
assassin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 510
Join date : 2017-01-28
Location : Wherever I Lay My Head

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion About Contribution

Post by handle on Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:49 am

In Greek mythology, Charon or Kharon (/ˈkɛərɒn/ or /ˈkɛərən/; Greek Χάρων) is the ferryman of Hades who carries souls of the newly deceased across the rivers Styx and Acheron that divided the world of the living from the world of the dead. A coin to pay Charon for passage, usually an obolus or danake, was sometimes placed in or on the mouth of a dead person.[1] Some authors say that those who could not pay the fee, or those whose bodies were left unburied, had to wander the shores for one hundred years. In the catabasis mytheme, heroes – such as Aeneas, Dionysus, Heracles, Hermes, Odysseus, Orpheus, Pirithous, Psyche, Theseus and Sisyphus – journey to the underworld and return, still alive, conveyed by the boat of Charon

handle
Not so newb
Not so newb

Posts : 145
Join date : 2017-04-10

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum