Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» SUBJECT ACESS REQUEST
by assassin Today at 1:52 am

» Climate change just changed!
by actinglikeabanker Yesterday at 11:17 pm

» Letter 1 response - CCA 1974 Fact Sheet
by Tiggy Yesterday at 10:29 pm

» Lloyds CreditCard - Northampton Court Claim Form received.
by sam66 Yesterday at 8:36 pm

» It's a "crime" to pay tax.......
by epsom Yesterday at 7:36 pm

» UBER
by Society of the Spectacle Yesterday at 3:45 pm

» Mark Ceylon & Jason Holmes on raconteurs news 19/09/2017
by ceylon Yesterday at 12:32 pm

» Licence Revoked
by Jinxer Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:55 pm

» Cabot offer
by petesomething Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:39 pm

» Boats & Ships
by Society of the Spectacle Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:18 pm

» Wim Hof
by Society of the Spectacle Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:07 pm

» Non-limited Business Question
by Phillpots Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:36 pm

» WeRe bank
by QUEENISABELLA Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:29 pm

» HAS-THE-WOOL-BEEN-PULLED-OVER-YOUR-EYES?
by 7tt7 Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:25 pm

» Parsons Green - most pathetic false flag ever?
by mitch Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:51 pm

» ok so i frist to post here, a way to move froward
by Tiggy Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:34 pm

» Land Registry
by Jinxer Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:43 am

» can you wait till 2021?
by actinglikeabanker Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:46 pm

» remedy for P.C.N/COUNCIL TAX
by iamani Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:34 pm

» You Tube Convertor
by Society of the Spectacle Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:20 pm

» UK Column
by ceylon Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:53 pm

» Cabot Financial Ltd
by Tiggy Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:18 pm

» New Alternative letters for DCA's ( acting as agents)
by daveiron Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:36 pm

» Lowell & Cohen Cramer - Directions Questionnaire Received
by andyb93 Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:22 pm

» The Ledger Bait, Dead Men Have No Rights Justinian Deception Channel and ROHAN
by Society of the Spectacle Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:37 pm

» New/old Member
by Society of the Spectacle Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:12 pm

» Hierachy
by iamani Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:02 pm

» Reality chat with peter howard and company
by Lopsum Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:55 pm

» 911 Alchemy
by pitano1 Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:00 pm

» Statement from Barclaycard
by Tiggy Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:17 pm

» In plain sight.... Battleship.
by Awoken2 Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:00 pm

» HEAL YOURSELF natural remedies to all illness
by Ausk Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:26 am

» V.Important
by assassin Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:15 am

» Funds Delivered! What You Mean We Do What We Say!
by Tom Bombadil Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:34 pm

» RFID - corporations rule OK
by Lopsum Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:17 pm

» Are they RELATED, Memes and Other Lookalikes and Coincidences.
by actinglikeabanker Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:07 pm

» New Alternative Letters for Original lenders (Bank / Credit Cards
by daveiron Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:03 pm

Bees

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bees

Post by assassin on Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:59 pm

With many people planting a large proportion of their crops or garden plants, I thought it may be prudent to remind people of the bees; we alll need bees to pollinate plants and due to their declining numbers it is a simple task to attract them to our gardens and allow them to build their colonies numbers back up.

Bees, unlike wasps, are nosey creatures and will often fly around you and simply watch you, and if you don't bother them they wont bother you, its when people go crazy and try wafting them away that they feel under attack and sting as a defence mechanism so ask yourself; if someone many times your size started trying to hit you, would you try to defend yourself?

In reality its very simple to attract bees and for a smaller plot or garden all you need are a couple of patches of bee friendly plants and these can be something as simple as a bucket filled with compost with bee friendly plants planted in them, or even a hanging or wall basket filled with bee friendly plants, it is handy if you have two patches of bee friendly plants as due to the inquisitive nature of bees so they find one and look for the other and they investigate, and pollinate all the plants inbetween them.

For a larger garden it is prudent to plant a variety of bee friendly plants as a permanent bed or two, if you have a large lawn digging a bed out is ideal as contrary to popular belief bees actually land on them and sunbathe in the midday sun, and if you can plant a variety of bee friendly plants around your garden; or incorporate a number of bee friendly plants in your flower beds they will become a permanent fixture in your garden and pollinate everything much more successfully.

For allotments or similar you can plant a few buckets of bee friendly plants and move them around your plot and place them where you have space in your plot and move them regularly to ground not covered with crops so the bees search for them and fly across your crops and pollinate them.

Remember, bees are not aggressive unlike wasps, dont threaten or attack them and they will leave you alone and continue with their good work.
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Bees

Post by Lopsum on Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:28 pm

I spread cornflower and wild flower seeds in unused spaces on the allotment, last year we saw most bees when the fruit trees were in blossom.
There is a definite decline in my lifetime and it seems that weedkillers and pesticides are to blame.
 The bloke 3 allotments up from me used to keep a few hives on my plot years ago , his son keeps them now and he has offered to take us over to see them , we might even take on a hive at some point .
 There will be alot to learn before we take on a managed hive , i thought id start with making a "wild" hive and seeing if we can attract a swarm though its hit and miss especially when numbers are so low.
 The bloke said his honey was very good when on my plot because behind us is the edge of a wood  and hundreds of Hawthorn trees which lent the honey a deep flavour.
Lopsum
Admin
Admin

http://goodf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Bees

Post by assassin on Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:59 pm

We spread wild flower seeds on my mates land which he uses for straw and silage for his animal feed as he is a cattle farmer. with so much acreage and remaining untouched except for muck spreading it grows a multitude of wild flowers which when cut, goes into his bales of both straw and silage and his cattle love it.

Once established, many of these seeds regenerate themselves year uopn year and where they are in hedge bottoms they often grow into the hedges and also attract bees and his hedges are brilliant due to the bees pollinating the hawthorn.

He has a host of other wildlife and some of his dragonflies and mayflies are superb and have increased massively.
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum