» How to Grow Garlic
by Lopsum Yesterday at 10:56 pm

» British Gas to pay customers £1.1m compensation
by jss64 Yesterday at 7:55 pm

» Hi. Need help/advice
by assassin Yesterday at 7:03 pm

» hi all
by assassin Yesterday at 7:01 pm

» Company selling accounts to Debt collector--although not in debt!
by actinglikeabanker Yesterday at 6:39 pm

» Tid-bits, Nuggets and Pearls
by iamani Yesterday at 6:01 pm

» NOTTINGHAM CRIMINAL CARTEL WASTE BILLIONS SO THEY CAN INCREASE THE ILLEGAL AND UNLAWFUL COUNCIL TAX
by ceylon Yesterday at 5:40 pm

» Reality chat with peter howard and company
by actinglikeabanker Yesterday at 5:37 pm

» My Council Tax Experience
by actinglikeabanker Yesterday at 4:59 pm

» PRA Group
by MEMEGIRL Yesterday at 3:42 pm

» UK Column
by ceylon Yesterday at 3:11 pm

» The Pre-Action Protocol for Debt Claims is made by the Master of the Rolls as Head of Civil Justice. The Protocol comes into force on 1 October 2017
by LionsShare Yesterday at 3:06 pm

» Sheriffs Office and Denial of access Notice
by Ausk Yesterday at 11:07 am

» HMRC SELL DEBTS ?
by MEMEGIRL Yesterday at 9:36 am

» Does anyone know how to get in touch with Tiggy?
by daveiron Yesterday at 9:07 am

» Cancer Act 1939
by assassin Yesterday at 1:58 am

» Liability Order in Respect of Council Tax....
by midnight Yesterday at 1:55 am

» Buddha Dharma - Buddhism
by actinglikeabanker Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:55 pm

» Creating Energy-Wind
by assassin Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:39 pm

» Posting in forum
by assassin Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:30 pm

» The Finance Curse - Professor confirms the Promissory Note in Loans
by ceylon Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:17 am

» Intense electrical storm
by Waffle Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:25 am

» Learn Sanskrit
by actinglikeabanker Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:11 am

» THE CENSUS, ARE YOU IN THEIR WAREHOUSE? BC, SECURITISATION
by Waffle Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:38 pm

» The difference between 'affirmation' and 'oath'
by Society of the Spectacle Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:40 pm

» Hello and Capquest
by daveiron Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:13 pm

» Latest Rich Planet vids
by fozbod Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:07 pm

» GOODF ebook
by cidereye Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:14 am

» Diaspora
by Solosmurf Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:45 am

» Court
by bigend Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:47 pm

» NOTTINGHAM CRIMINAL CARTEL PARKING CHARGES TO RISE TO £100 00 PER MONTH THEY DONT WANT YOU ON THE RO
by ceylon Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:59 pm

» sol excalibre with cookiemonster
by Lopsum Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:42 pm

» UK people apparently linking Birth cert trust account to paypal
by Svetlana Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:31 pm

» The Current Pharmaceuticals Scam
by badvoc Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:54 am

» Are you sure you are a police officer today?
by assassin Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:05 am

» DIVINE SOVEREIGNTY: UTILIZING YOUR TREASURY DIRECT ACCOUNTS
by Mia Media Mogul Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:03 am

The Pre-Action Protocol for Debt Claims is made by the Master of the Rolls as Head of Civil Justice. The Protocol comes into force on 1 October 2017

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Pre-Action Protocol for Debt Claims is made by the Master of the Rolls as Head of Civil Justice. The Protocol comes into force on 1 October 2017

Post by ceylon on Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:24 am

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/pdf/protocols/pre-action-protocol-for-debt-claims.pdf
ceylon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: The Pre-Action Protocol for Debt Claims is made by the Master of the Rolls as Head of Civil Justice. The Protocol comes into force on 1 October 2017

Post by daveiron on Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:48 am

Thanks for that.
Downloaded & printed

daveiron
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Re: The Pre-Action Protocol for Debt Claims is made by the Master of the Rolls as Head of Civil Justice. The Protocol comes into force on 1 October 2017

Post by Phillpots on Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:52 am

I assume this is good news but someone will correct me if I am wrong. Will this effect the three letter process and everthing else like estoppel?

Phillpots
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinxer on Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:24 am

I haven't a clue how to read these things but to a simpleton like me it looks as if the claimant won't be needing to supply signed agreements anymore but will only have to show statements of account.

Jinxer
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by ceylon on Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:25 am

DONE BY THEM FOR THEM
ceylon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron on Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:49 am

Section 5.2 If the debtor requests a document or information,the creditor must-
(a) provide the document or information ,or

(b) explain why the document or information is unavailable,within 30 days of receipt of the request.

of course the definition of must is a different matter .

daveiron
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Waffle on Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:28 am

3.1 The creditor should send a Letter of Claim to the debtor before proceedings are started. The Letter of Claim should –

(a)contain the following information –

(iv) where the debt arises from a written agreement, the date of the agreement, the parties to it and the fact that a copy of the written agreement can be requested from the creditor;

5.2 If the debtor requests a document or information, the creditor must –

(a) provide the document or information; or

(b) explain why the document or information is unavailable,

within 30 days of receipt of the request.

Ive only been waiting since November 2016 for my written agreement and any document referred to within it

6.1 If the parties still cannot agree about the existence, enforceability, amount or any other aspect of the debt, they should both take appropriate steps to resolve the dispute without starting court proceedings and, in particular, should consider the use of an appropriate form of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR).

6.2 ADR may simply take the form of discussion and negotiation, or it may involve some more formal process such as a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service where the dispute concerns a debt regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Waffle
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinxer on Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:13 pm

(b) explain why the document or information is unavailable,

That's the bit that concerns me, will that mean they won't have to supply the documents but just give an explanation as to why the documents are not available and the Court will accept that.

Jinxer
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron on Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:55 pm

Hi jinxer,

That i think is why we will need to demand a signed statement that its never been sold / traded or subject to an insurance claim. ( I do this already) & as we know thats exactly what they have done.

daveiron
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by bigend on Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:55 am

Hi daveiron
you recently directed me on this and will follow but are our creditors legally obliged to reply?

bigend
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron on Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:35 pm

Hi bigend,
Probably not ,but its certainly something i would also ask for in court. Its like what is asked for in the three letters ,they never provide that either.

My thinking is that if the answer to those 2 questions is no ,then what reason would there be not to answer ?

The more relevant questions they refuse to answer ,the less likely they can produce proof of claim, and may well be more reluctant to pursue the matter.
I can only state that it has worked for me along with a letter from me claiming that I own nothing & hold title to nothing. They have never even requested any proof ,just stated that the debt is uninforceable .

daveiron
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by bigend on Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:04 pm

daveiron
That`s most encouraging .However and please forgive me for picking, does n`t this new protocol seem to imply that after Oct. their proof can rest on statements they can produce (should they say by 30 days that other docs like cca requested are lost or destroyed etc)?
I can`t work out if ruling is going to apply to pre 2007ccs?

bigend
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron on Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:20 pm

Hi bigend,

Thats the reason i add those two additional questions .We are all aware that they sell / trade the agreements and make insurance claims etc. So who in their corporation is willing to sign a statement denying they have done just that ,because if ever the opposite was proved they will not only be guilty of perjury if it went as far as court ,but the corporation would have committed fraud .Now would they risk it ?

Mine was for just under 5K ,pre 2007 & i am not a homeowner. If this applies to you also I am more than willing to put up the letter i sent to get rid of it.

daveiron
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsShare on Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:20 pm

How would this work for pay by endorsement for gas/leccy?  I know the tear off slip is a commercial instrument but regarding demands of proof of claim, would demanding to see accounting to show how they incurred a loss work here?
LionsShare
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron on Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:35 pm

Sorry I don't know the answer to that.
My strategy is to keep the individual who sends letters to me to take liability for what they send ,because the signature carries the liability .Thats why I always demand a signature ,because as we all know a letter / document unsigned is just a piece of paper ,nothing more.
As far as i am concerned ,hiding behind the corporation is no longer acceptable.

It will be interesting after October to see how much the courts will go along with their claims that we have lost / cannot find documents etc.

daveiron
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by bigend on Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:48 pm

daveiron
much appreciate your coments etc and see the point you make -it comes down to liability again -they`re liars but wont swear to it!
my situation similar to yours so all help welcome.

bigend
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Yesterday at 8:58 am

Hi bigend,
As i don't know how to download a document here ,i will just retype it.

PRA GROUP                                                                 XXXXXXXXXX
WELLS HOUSE                                                             XXXXXXXXX
15-17 ELMFIELD RD.                                                     XXXXXXXXX
BROMLEY                                  
KENT
BR1 1LT

6th February 2017                                                    

F.a.o.  xxxxxxxxx xxxx

Dear xxxxxx xxxxxx
I am in receipt of your letter dated 31st January 2017 & received 3rd February 2017.

Take notice I reject and rebut your assumption/presumption that I owe your corporation  money.
As I do not intend to engage in letter ping pong with you I will make my position clear,you should
read this letter fully and carefully.
On the 18th January 2016 I requested from xxxxxx(OC) a copy of my original agreement,Their response
was " We are unable to provide you with the information you have requested" Again on the 18th April
-3rd May and the 13th May 2016.
 XXXXXX were informed on all occasions that I would pay
any and all money I may lawfully owe to them upon proof of claim.They have also been served with a
notice of irrevocable estoppel by acquiescence and a section 10 notice of the Data Protection Act
1998.Therefore take notice,no proof of claim has ever been provided to me by xxxxxxxx.
I am therefore somewhat bemused that if proof of claim existed xxxxxx would have provided it and
been paid in full instead of selling alleged debt for pennies in the pound to bottom feeding scum.

Take notice that if you wish to continue with this matter I will require from you all of the following:

Copy Of Deed of Assignment,Not Notice of Assignment.
Copy of Deed of Novation.
Signed statement from a named individual from xxxxx(OC) stating that no insurance claim has or will
be made in respect of this account.

Should you wish to send a collection agent or enforcement agent you will be required to supply
the following;
A fully compliant risk assessment
A fully compliant method statement  
Details of your liability Insurance
Details of their Liability Insurance.

Also take notice this address is private property and as such,recording,both visual and or audio
is forbidden.Should you however wish to send an agent to this address you must beforehand write
to make an appointment enclosing a payment of £ 100.00 to cover my time as I do not work for free.

Should an agent attend this address without full compliance to my terms and conditions,their
implied rights of access will immediately and permanently be removed.

You may also wish to note that I do not own this or any other dwelling,I do not own a vehicle.
All items,goods & property in or upon the land known as xxxx xxxxx xxxxxx or any other location
are not owned by me and I hold title to nothing.Also that I do not now or in the future require credit.

I look forward to your Lawful proof of claim.

All contact is recorded,
I require all correspondence to be signed by a named individual who takes liability for its contents.
Implied admission absent a response and compliance.

By  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to use any / all of the above .
The response i got from them was the usual ,you owe the money ,we deem this debt to be uninforceable.

daveiron
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsShare Yesterday at 3:06 pm

@daveiron wrote:Sorry I don't know the answer to that.
My strategy is to keep the individual who sends letters to me to take liability for what they send ,because the signature carries the liability .Thats why I always demand a signature ,because as we all know a letter / document unsigned is just a piece of paper ,nothing more.
As far as i am concerned ,hiding behind the corporation is no longer acceptable.

It will be interesting after October to see how much the courts will go along with their claims that we have lost / cannot find documents etc.
thanks for your reply, if & when things get that bad for me will let all know what happens.

Again thanks.
LionsShare
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum