The GOODF Approach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» DWP
by daveiron Yesterday at 10:31 pm

» THIS IS THE ONE ?
by daveiron Yesterday at 10:07 pm

» Are Lowell getting desperate ?
by memegirl777 Yesterday at 9:33 pm

» DVLA [Hick] Does It Work [Hick] ?
by Miss Kermit Yesterday at 4:15 pm

» know who you are volume ??
by daveiron Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:38 pm

» Ovo bank giro?
by Wynston.adebiyi@gmail.com Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:10 pm

» Hopefully A Success
by daveiron Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:28 pm

» Most Complete Bank Giro Credit
by LionsShare Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:06 pm

» Knowing our Lawful rights
by daveiron Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:05 am

» More Illegal Immigrants
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:43 pm

» SAR dispute
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:32 pm

» There goes Ireland, his off.
by midnight Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:07 pm

» The infamous DP continus
by urchinatheart Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:01 pm

» Call to the DVLA
by urchinatheart Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:36 pm

» BEWARE OF TSB BANK
by daveiron Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:53 am

» Help / Advice needed on ongoing neighbour harassment
by memegirl777 Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:51 pm

» United Kingdom? Really?
by assassin Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:17 pm

» DWP and HMRC alleged debts
by assassin Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:20 pm

» Serial Posty been awarded £10'000 for a fake bite
by memegirl777 Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:05 pm

» HSBC advice please.
by Trishiapp28 Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:36 am

» He is going to save us again
by flyingfish Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:00 pm

» Government fraud
by midnight Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:01 am

» how to remove a shareholder?
by scrwm Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:06 pm

» I DO NOT CONSENT [62%] - ReformUK got 5% of the electorate. Labour 17%
by badvoc Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:25 pm

» What can ai do about Santander
by Godfastro Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:47 am

» Useful videos Council Tax
by daveiron Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:05 pm

» broadcaster vs me
by scrwm Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:37 pm

» The new GOODF process works
by urchinatheart Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:45 am

» Worth a watch
by LionsShare Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:11 am

» Farmers IsThis What's Needed?
by LionsShare Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:46 pm

» Debt Bomb 11
by Biggiebest Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:05 pm

» accepted dca alleged debt
by Mrblue2015 Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:09 pm

» DVLA
by daveiron Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:20 pm

» Solicitors contacted me via e-mail asking for money.
by Kaddabriol Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:12 pm

» Claiming again
by LionsShare Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:07 am

» Useful Utility Vids
by LionsShare Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:59 pm

» what the bank of england runs the country?
by LionsShare Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:54 pm

by daveiron Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:55 am

» Learning New Skills _Pt 2 Buying Tools
by assassin Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:35 am

» Learning New Skills _Pt 2 Buying Tools
by assassin Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:33 am

» Learning new Skills Part 1
by assassin Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:27 am

» General Equity?
by LionsShare Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:03 pm

» Visit by appointment notice
by Moonbabymum Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:37 pm

» Discussion on Info'd Vids
by LionsShare Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:52 am

» debts loans mortgages etc (tear off slips?)
by LionsShare Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:54 pm

» Quick one
by Lopsum Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:03 pm

» debt settlement payoff
by daveiron Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:58 pm

» Council tax and summons for arrest
by LionsShare Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:17 pm

» Council Tax (getting answers)
by LionsShare Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:57 pm

» council tax 1st of april
by daveiron Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:46 pm

» DSAR
by daveiron Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:28 pm

» Warning about a previous post
by Mrblue2015 Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:10 pm

» Please leave a comment on this site
by daveiron Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:01 pm

» Lithiun Battery Dangers
by badvoc Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:52 pm

» its a trap
by LionsShare Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:49 am

Moon phases

Company selling accounts to Debt collector--although not in debt!

+6
fozbod
Lansdowne
assassin
jss64
daveiron
epsom
10 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Company selling accounts to Debt collector--although not in debt! Empty Re: Company selling accounts to Debt collector--although not in debt!

Post by Guest Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:56 am

Hi epsom

Well if it's not, then it should be. If your friend is up to date then surely they have to ASK permission rather than TELL? Unless there's a proviso in her original contract that says they can sell it on regardless i would say it constitutes a change in the contract that wsn't and isn't agreed to.

i'm sure someone will offer better advice, but it strikes me that if they want to change the terms then you are also in a position to re-negotiate the terms.
Tell them you will agree to the change in exchange for a payment of, say, £600?

That's just my opinion, i don't know enough to offer concrete advice and i have no experience in this.

Good luck

Cheers!

Back to top Go down

Company selling accounts to Debt collector--although not in debt! Empty Re: Company selling accounts to Debt collector--although not in debt!

Post by daveiron Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:12 pm

Just had a look in law dictionaries & if i am correct They can use a deed of assignment to change creditors ,But they need a deed of novation = all parties must agree.
Maybe do a bit of research along those lines.
Or alternatively just make the same payments to Lowells .

If she is not bothered by a possible ccj ,tell them to go forth and multiply .

sorry can't be more help.
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jss64 Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:48 pm

Hi Lopsum
Was your neighbour paying STUDIO by direct debit? if so she will need to keep an eye on her bank account as Lowells may take what is "owed" directly from her account.

In 2012 I had a small loan from a company based in my local area. I was making regular payments and was not in arrears. In Sept 2012 they called me to say that Money Shop had taken them over and wanted permission to transfer my details over to Money Shop. I refused as I didn't want anything to do with them. I was called 2 days later and had the same request which I refused. I was told that my account would be passed to a DCA, at which point they hung up.

In Oct 2012 £500 suddenly disappeared from my bank account. I soon found out it was Money Shop. The original company had passed my bank details over without my permission.
I contacted my bank to report an unauthorised transaction.I got the money back and a new card within 3 days.

I got a letter from Money Shop whingeing about "their" £500. I had also put in a Subject Access Request to the original company including verbatim transcripts of all phone calls. When I finally got the documents 9 months later guess what was missing? The specific parts of the phone calls where I refused them permission to pass my bank details on.

BTW Money Shop never followed through regarding the £500. Shame, as I was actually looking forward to any court proceeding when this would have all come out.

jss64
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:08 am

Epsom is a race course and Lopsum is a Latin word.
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lansdowne Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:24 pm

Hi epsom,
I think your friend may just be confused by a bit of business language.
In business accounting, the amount owed would be classed as a debt (so if the loan was £600 and £200 already paid back, the debt would be £400) which falls due at a future date.  
So if she has an agreement to pay so-much per month or per quarter, and Lowells intend to collect on that basis, she won't be any worse off.
I have no idea who STUDIO is but if they're a small company, maybe they simply decided they would benefit from the cash flow that comes with giving (or rather selling, the business word is 'factoring') the collection of money owed to a third party.
The only point to make is that without her consent they can't vary the agreed payment timetable.  But of course if she offered to pay the whole remaining amount right now, I'm sure they wouldn't turn down the offer.

Lansdowne
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by fozbod Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:30 am

Hi, it all comes down to contract. Your friend has to read the small print, unfortunately . If it isn't in the contract, that they can sell, your debt to a third party without your friends consent. Then a new contract has to be negotiated with the new company, who has paid the original debt off for you. Keep records of everything. Hope that helps.
fozbod
fozbod
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Lopsum Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:01 pm

quite right , once sold debt is satisfied . Its the DCAs gamble.
Lopsum
Lopsum
Admin
Admin

https://goodf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ausk Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:47 am

by fozbod "it all comes down to contract."

This is correct.

If there was nothing in the contract to say the creditor can sell the debt then a breach of the contract has occurred because selling the debt was not a condition in the contract that both parties agreed to.

As we know, for a contract to be valid there must be full disclosure, a meeting of the minds, there should be no surprises in a contract. A right to sell clause is an important condition in a contract and if its not there then that is fraud.

Fraud vitiates all contracts and there is no statute of limitation on fraud. Fraud is a statutory crime (putting statute law and common law aside for a moment.)

The comment about 'factoring' is also correct, its a common business practice to factor out debts. What happens is a 'factoring' company will approach a manufacture or merchant and offer to collect payment for goods and services for a fee. For it not be debt collecting, it would occur before the debtor falls into arrears.

So, before you, the debtor, fall behind, they are simply the receiver and administrator of the debt. However, if you fall behind, then they are the debt collector.

I do not know what happens if you fall behind and whether or not the debt actually transfers to the debt collector, via assignment or what as this depends on the contract between the factoring company and the merchant or trader whatever.

However, If they come knocking, then, as i see it,  you would need to establish in what role are they knocking, the factoring company or as the debt collector. This is where requesting proof of claim is vital. It helps you establish who you are dealing with and their bona fides.

If they come knocking as the 'factoring' company then you have no contract with them unless they can prove otherwise by providing you with a copy of the contract you have with the creditor showing such a clause. If they come knocking as the debt collector then request a copy of the deed of assignment and other documents as described in the goodf manual.

In law, (dunno what the Property Act says in the UK says)  they have to produce the DOA in order to prove they can provide you with good discharge. (careful when saying this as you may be admitting to the debt, perhaps refer to "the DOA as per Section xx of the Property Law Act)

By making them disclose how they come to have the debt, ie by factoring or assignment, you will know if the debt has been extinguished or not. This is because if the debt has been assigned, correctly then the terms and conditions of the assignment would require the creditor to surrender all rights, title and interest in the debt. No debt collector wants a creditor coming back and saying "I'm having that money you just collected."

Because the debt collector has PAID for the debt then by doing that they have also, whether they intended to or not, paid out the debt for you and the debt is now extinguished.

Ausk

Back to top Go down

Post by Society of the Spectacle Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:48 pm

That Phone call was probably being recorded.
They were hoping your friend would say,

"Errr well I supp0ose thats OK"

And that would have been that, Contract exchange agreed.
Society of the Spectacle
Society of the Spectacle
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Little D Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:39 pm

Hey,

I would agree that once the debt is sold, then if it is not specifically stated that this could happen in the contract then the debt is paid.

If 'STUDIO' (I am presuming it is a catalogue service) want to sell a liability then why did they not offer it to your friend (who was not in default) first at the reduced rate that they sold it at?.

Pure speculation but, maybe 'STUDIO' have shares in 'LOWELLS'. This would seem like an easy way to make more money, with the added bonus of the people who are not in default potentially blindly pay the new entity facilitating the 'acknowledgement of debt'.

Little D
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down