The GOODF Approach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» The infamous DP continus
by urchinatheart Yesterday at 3:01 pm

» Call to the DVLA
by urchinatheart Yesterday at 2:36 pm

» BEWARE OF TSB BANK
by daveiron Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:53 am

» SAR dispute
by RaspberryBlu Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:18 pm

» Help / Advice needed on ongoing neighbour harassment
by memegirl777 Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:51 pm

» United Kingdom? Really?
by assassin Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:17 pm

» DWP and HMRC alleged debts
by assassin Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:20 pm

» Serial Posty been awarded £10'000 for a fake bite
by memegirl777 Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:05 pm

» HSBC advice please.
by Trishiapp28 Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:36 am

» He is going to save us again
by flyingfish Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:00 pm

» Government fraud
by midnight Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:01 am

» THIS IS THE ONE ?
by daveiron Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:45 am

» how to remove a shareholder?
by scrwm Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:06 pm

» I DO NOT CONSENT [62%] - ReformUK got 5% of the electorate. Labour 17%
by badvoc Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:25 pm

» What can ai do about Santander
by Godfastro Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:47 am

» Useful videos Council Tax
by daveiron Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:05 pm

» broadcaster vs me
by scrwm Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:37 pm

» The new GOODF process works
by urchinatheart Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:45 am

» Worth a watch
by LionsShare Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:11 am

» Farmers IsThis What's Needed?
by LionsShare Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:46 pm

» Debt Bomb 11
by Biggiebest Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:05 pm

» accepted dca alleged debt
by Mrblue2015 Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:09 pm

» DVLA
by daveiron Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:20 pm

» Solicitors contacted me via e-mail asking for money.
by Kaddabriol Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:12 pm

» Claiming again
by LionsShare Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:07 am

» Useful Utility Vids
by LionsShare Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:59 pm

» what the bank of england runs the country?
by LionsShare Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:54 pm

» know who you are volume ??
by LionsShare Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:19 pm

by daveiron Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:55 am

» Learning New Skills _Pt 2 Buying Tools
by assassin Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:35 am

» Learning New Skills _Pt 2 Buying Tools
by assassin Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:33 am

» Learning new Skills Part 1
by assassin Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:27 am

» General Equity?
by LionsShare Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:03 pm

» Visit by appointment notice
by Moonbabymum Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:37 pm

» Discussion on Info'd Vids
by LionsShare Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:52 am

» debts loans mortgages etc (tear off slips?)
by LionsShare Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:54 pm

» Quick one
by Lopsum Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:03 pm

» debt settlement payoff
by daveiron Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:58 pm

» Council tax and summons for arrest
by LionsShare Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:17 pm

» Council Tax (getting answers)
by LionsShare Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:57 pm

» council tax 1st of april
by daveiron Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:46 pm

» DSAR
by daveiron Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:28 pm

» Warning about a previous post
by Mrblue2015 Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:10 pm

» Please leave a comment on this site
by daveiron Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:01 pm

» Lithiun Battery Dangers
by badvoc Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:52 pm

» its a trap
by LionsShare Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:49 am

» Car In Trust
by LionsShare Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:05 pm

» Honest Nottingham Po-lice
by assassin Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:11 am

» Why you rebut a complaint
by assassin Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:05 am

» Village Winter
by assassin Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:03 am

» Sand Batteries
by assassin Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:45 pm

» Hoist Portfolio Holding Limited
by Indebttoo Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:03 pm

» Occupier
by assassin Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:27 pm

» Electric Vehicles
by assassin Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:54 pm

» *** URGENT *** PLEASE HELP
by daveiron Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:02 pm

Moon phases

Lowell Court Claim & Mediation

+7
LionsShare
petesomething
Whymeok
Tiggy
jss64
daveiron
sherinator
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lowell Court Claim & Mediation Empty Lowell Court Claim & Mediation

Post by sherinator Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:15 pm

Hi,

I hope you can help me with this!

Lowell first came on the scene back in early 2014 regarding an alleged debt of around £2000. Straight away I sent a request for the CCA, default notice, notice of assignment, deed of assignment and a full statement of the account, as I did not and still don't recognise this debt.

Lowell responded with a CCA, which doesn't have my signature on it, but rather it's just my name typed on it. The CCA also had my address on it. They did not send the default notice,which I have never seen whatsoever, claiming that they don't need to send it, the notice of assignment, deed of assignment - contains commercially sensitive information apparently, or the full statement - just a screenshot of the alleged account.

Fast forward to now and a lot of back and forth between Lowell and I, Cohen Cramer came on the scene threatening court and with a letter before action, so off I sent the appropriate CPR requests. Cohen Cramer responded with the same CCA as before and claimed to include all the other information I had requested (see above) including the elusive default notice! However, there was no default notice included in their response, despite the covering letter claiming to do so. Instead, what was included was a screenshot of an MS-DOS-looking database that said "Default notice sent" on such a date.

I defended the claim on their complete lack of evidence and refusal to supply what I had asked for the in CPR. I did tick the mediation box on the provision that they can supply the legally required documents before that time. This seemed to go over the heads of the people at Northampton and an appointment was made for mediation.

I was called by mediation and it went straight to "Lowell say that your defence is not a defence and won't be successful in court. Can I ask how much you're willing to pay them per month?" I stopped her right there and pointed out that mediation is meant to resolve a dispute between the 2 parties, no for immediately going to offers of payment, to which she backed down. I explained that unless Lowell can prove that they can legally chase me for the debt and also prove the debt is mine, then I cannot offer any payments. The mediator exploded, "Why did you go ahead with the mediation then!? There are hundreds of people who could have had this appointment and offered payment!" I calmly explained to her again that mediation is not just about offering payment but to resolve disputes, which is also what is written in the court mediation information. She backed down again and she said she would ask Lowell if they have the necessary legal paperwork.

A few minutes later, she called me again and said that Lowell do not have the information I requested in the CPR, however "on the law of probability" Lowell are confident they can win with a screenshot of a database. I said that due to Lowell admitting that they do not have the necessary documentation, then I will be leaving the mediation. I found her very unprofessional and biased to be honest. Also, I quite fancy asking Lowell who is their in-house judge that deemed my defence not a defence and what his or her qualifications are.

I've received a letter this morning saying that it's being transferred and to wait.

I'm not looking for sympathy, but with my severe mental health problems at the moment, I fear this will break me.

But have I done everything right? What do you think my chances of succeeding are and is there anything else I can do?

sherinator
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Lowell Court Claim & Mediation Empty Re: Lowell Court Claim & Mediation

Post by daveiron Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:34 am

Hi ,is this pre or post 2007 ?
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jss64 Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:36 am

Hi Sherinator
I don't know how far along the court process is.
Have Lowells solicitors formally put a claim in yet.
Please refer to the following posts.
You'll need to act quickly if they do.

https://goodf.forumotion.com/t47-court

jss64
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by sherinator Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:19 pm

Hi,

This is post 2007. As stated in my original post, it has already gone to mediation, which failed, and now I'm waiting on a court date.

Thanks.

sherinator
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:25 pm

Ok i presume it now goes to a hearing instead of mediation.

I would suggest a letter along the lines of .

Dear Sir / Madam,

you have previously been requested to supply certain documents to provide your proof of claim.despite your assertions to the contrary you have not supplied all requested. I now require you to comply with my CPR 18 request.

I posted CPR 18 Request in the 3 letter section .This is now what you need.

hope this helps , dave

Last edited by daveiron on Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update)
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sherinator Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:01 pm

daveiron wrote:Ok i presume it now goes to a hearing instead of mediation.

I would suggest a letter along the lines of .

Dear Sir / Madam,

you have previously been requested to supply certain documents to provide your proof of claim.despite your assertions to the contrary you have not supplied all requested. I now require you to comply with my CPR 18 request.

I posted CPR 18 Request in the 3 letter section .This is now what you need.

hope this helps , dave

Ok, thanks daveiron. I shall get this sent asap. Question though, what if a hearing date comes in before a response?

Thanks.

sherinator
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:36 pm

OK ,get the CPR sent asap .

Remember you did the 3 letters to the OC .You said in the 3 letters "you would pay any money you may lawfully owe upon their documents providing proof of claim . also add to the count how many times you have asked Lowells & any others involved in this . This would be my defence (you have tried to settle this matter ,all you required was a valid proof of claim).

Think about it ,if they had it, they would have been paid.
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sherinator Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:17 pm

Hi,

I've check MCOL and it says that the claim was transferred to my local court on 4th August, yet I've heard nothing. Should I have had a court date by now or does it take a while?

Also, I'd like to apply to have the claim struck out, as they haven't complied with the CPR request, how do I do this?

Thanks.

sherinator
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:02 pm

From memory i think info on getting it struck out is on MCOL site.

I would not expect anything in a hurry from them ,Its taken them 5 months to get me a judgment on my claim.

If you need to contact them you may get a response if you use your password etc.
Dont expect any joy any other way ,I have recently logged over 40 attempts by phone,
& they take 16 days to reply to emails ,
I will check it out sometime tomorrow .
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:33 am

I believe you can apply for an 'Unless Order' .My understanding is that the order requires them to supply the documents on which their claim relies.
I have had a quick look around and other than pay sites the only one i could find relates to the high court.

I would suggest you try contacting Northampton BC ,or maybe someone here can give info on it.If i get the time i will dig around some more.
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggy Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:59 am

You apply for a Unless Order using Court Form N244, as this is likely to go to a hearing- which you would have to attend to argue your case - it'll cost £255, free if on benefits or low income.

Please be aware though, if the application fails you will be liable for the other sides costs, which may be actually higher than the claim itself.

Tiggy

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:10 am

Hi tiggy,

Re the above ,to avoid the above mentioned possible costs .Would it not be just as well to state at the hearing that the claimant has failed to provide you with the documents requested ,to prove their claim / needed for your defence ?
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggy Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:18 am

daveiron wrote:Hi tiggy,

Re the above ,to avoid the above mentioned possible costs .Would it not be just as well to state at the hearing that the claimant has failed to provide you with the documents requested ,to prove their claim / needed for your defence ?

Of course, that would be a part of your witness statement in support of the application, the main problem is is CPR 18 is specifically disallowed under the Small Claims Track, except at the Court's discretion.

Therefore, you're at the mercy of the Judge on the day as to whether they grant or dismiss the application.

Tiggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Whymeok Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:16 pm

I experience this with Lowell too on going, judge refused my defense, I I'll disabled not got any help, to type up paper work, in defence then judge got order dates administration team all wrong left me not knowing now what to do

Whymeok
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by petesomething Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:45 pm

Hi

you  can use a unless order form N244 to force them to supply documents this is your right , they want money from you, they taking you to court , they may not legally own the debt , just hoping you will not attend court, and you lose by default,

their solicitor could ask for cost , but if you made every effort before and even after court date and showed you made every effort to obtain proof then they have low chance of cost

Last edited by petesomething on Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add)
petesomething
petesomething
Very helpful
Very helpful

Back to top Go down

Post by sherinator Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:59 pm

They can ask for whatever costs they want, but I can't give them what I don't have. My money is spent on paying utilities, council tax and eating, that's it. I don't have any disposable income and believe me I'd like to!

sherinator
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by petesomething Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:04 pm

Hi sherinator

I was told best use mediation ,but i could not see why , so i never , i think its a wast of time ,after reading your post i am glad i never Very Happy
petesomething
petesomething
Very helpful
Very helpful

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggy Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:10 pm

petesomething wrote:Hi sherinator

I was told best use mediation ,but  i could not see why , so i never , i think its a wast of time ,after reading your post i am glad i never Very Happy

The reason being is that Judges like to see you were willing to mediate, that's why we always said tick 'yes' to mediation.

The mediation service should then send you a further email to ask if you had all the documentation to allow you to mediate - to which you should have answered No, they would then say 'not suitable for mediation', but at least you would have shown willing !

It's all about tactics !

Tiggy

Back to top Go down

Post by petesomething Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:57 pm

Hi Tiggy good to see you here.

Tiggy right it is about tactics , and best keep on the right side of the judge :D

however in court the first time the judge said maybe we should use mediation , this was after i said the agreement was not a true copy , you can see in my post court ,
why did he say this :shock:
but he did say the agreement  may be my way out :D

I said to him i want them to  show me they legally own the debt , what is there to talk about they had plenty of time, the judge said i had every right to ask for paper work , next court new judge no one even said about mediation,

i won with hard work  but i must say with tiggy help, :D

Last edited by petesomething on Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:19 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : add)
petesomething
petesomething
Very helpful
Very helpful

Back to top Go down

Post by sherinator Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:24 am

Hi,

I have received my court date, which is at the end of October. The letter says I need to submit a witness statement and all the documents I intend to use on the day and send them to the court and to Lowell. Does that mean printing every letter I've sent to Lowell and getting out every response I've ever received?

Part of me just wants to quit, contact Lowell to admit defeat, and pay for something that I don't owe them.

This whole thing is making me suicidal.

sherinator
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggy Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:43 am

sherinator wrote:Hi,

I have received my court date, which is at the end of October. The letter says I need to submit a witness statement and all the documents I intend to use on the day and send them to the court and to Lowell. Does that mean printing every letter I've sent to Lowell and getting out every response I've ever received?

Part of me just wants to quit, contact Lowell to admit defeat, and pay for something that I don't owe them.

Remember, this is only a debt, a problem that has to be dealt with - it's not the announcement of a terminal illness xx

A witness statement is your defence against the claim plus a case summary ( with evidence) of all the efforts you've gone through to get them to prove their claim.

Tiggy

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsShare Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:11 pm

sherinator wrote:Hi,

sherinator Hi,

As Tiggy says it is only a debt that has to be dealt with. The stress you feel I can sympathise as 10 years ago I went to  what turned out to be a good ferkin over (all over MONEY - a false entity used to exchange 1 thing for another - worthless as the british £ is NOT backed by anything of value only what people beleive), a speeding ticket - nothing too much to worry about but yes it does cause stress, especially if you are not confident at speaking in public then was stressed out & yes I felt sick. Having seen it through & seen the "lies" they use - what's your name etc. did not know then what I do now so lost big time with fines, points, & charges.

Am not in anyway trying to frighten you but telling how it is.

From  my point of view over utilities am seeing a similar pattern of correspondents with OC(s) especially when you ask for ? & they never respond with what you ask for.

As Tiggy also states you have seen it this far by getting them to prove what they claim, you may as well see it through to the end.

Good luck LS
LionsShare
LionsShare

Back to top Go down

Post by joedalton Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:18 pm

Be strong sherinator.  As a newbie I am unfortunately not in a position to offer you legal advice but you certainly have my total moral support.  There are some amazing people here helping us move forward.

joedalton
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Lowell Court Claim & Mediation Empty ok why now,im being told to do debt relif order an give in ?

Post by Whymeok Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:45 pm

i very concerned by both behavoiur of lies court flaing me, plus  trying back and forth from cab/ local debt commuty serivce, all pushing me to give up and do a debt releif order, i do not have 90 pounds, plus the charity link cab said of, take over 8 weeks even to look if offer 90 fee be offered, in mean while, dro, if claims old debts i cant recall 6 yrs back, since become so ill...

i asked for help to set aiside another lowels ccj, i never got  PAPER work th court order,,, i tried before to set aise,

its the lack of help of disbilsed im limt phyical health, high care, etc. so not one court staff,, made any effeort to help me , i had all my medical proof of this and defence, i had no means of writiimg up. pr any one to type it up, to show no breach of claimie sold cliam debt by vodaphone to lowells ltd , which i not sure next move, order says pay 50 by 18.9.2017, im on esa disbaltiy income.. i never amited the debt,

Whymeok
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by sherinator Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:16 pm

I have received Lowell's witness statement and th documents they intend to rely on in court. The witness statement is full of lies! They say I ignored all their pre-action letters etc and that I don't think that legal documents are worth anything, luckily I can prove I didn't ignore anything. However, I still think I'm going to lose.

I've still got to do my witness statement, I was waiting for Lowell first.

sherinator
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next