The GOODF Approach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» 20 mph speed limit enforcable????
by Lopsum Today at 5:20 pm

» Psychological Operation - Evidence on more fraud
by badvoc Today at 9:54 am

» Allodial Title
by urchinatheart Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Grow Potatoes
by Mrblue2015 Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:18 am

» Feed Yourself For Less
by assassin Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:23 pm

» New GOODF - small account closed upon Notice 3
by RaspberryBlu Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:02 pm

» DWP
by daveiron Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:23 am

» LGA1888 sect79 sub2
by urchinatheart Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:15 am

» Know who you are
by badvoc Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:51 pm

» Know Who You Are Even More Volumes To Come
by LionsShare Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:24 am

» Council Tax questions we should all be asking
by LionsShare Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:05 am

» Woke, Nimbys, Snowflakes and idiots
by urchinatheart Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:09 am

» Never Buy Seeds Again
by assassin Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:14 pm

» Ovo bank giro?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:07 pm

» Is your car a government remote controled car???
by Lopsum Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:48 pm

» peacekeepers apprantly get a c'tax win?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:14 am

» Can I Complete The Food Circle
by urchinatheart Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:46 am

» Council tax and summons for arrest
by LionsShare Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:44 pm

» THIS IS THE ONE ?
by schist Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:04 pm

» Garden Share
by assassin Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:37 pm

» Allotments
by assassin Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:36 pm

» Are Lowell getting desperate ?
by Mrblue2015 Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:59 am

» Serial Posty been awarded £10'000 for a fake bite
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:23 pm

» The new ruling, lie-ability order
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:04 pm

» HO HO HO not that shinning or with clean hands !!!!!!
by badvoc Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:12 pm

by schist Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:00 pm

» DSAR
by daveiron Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:12 pm

» DVLA [Hick] Does It Work [Hick] ?
by Miss Kermit Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 pm

» know who you are volume ??
by daveiron Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:38 pm

» Hopefully A Success
by daveiron Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:28 pm

» Most Complete Bank Giro Credit
by LionsShare Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:06 pm

» Knowing our Lawful rights
by daveiron Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:05 am

» More Illegal Immigrants
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:43 pm

» SAR dispute
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:32 pm

» There goes Ireland, his off.
by midnight Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:07 pm

» The infamous DP continus
by urchinatheart Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:01 pm

» Call to the DVLA
by urchinatheart Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:36 pm

» BEWARE OF TSB BANK
by daveiron Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:53 am

» Help / Advice needed on ongoing neighbour harassment
by memegirl777 Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:51 pm

» United Kingdom? Really?
by assassin Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:17 pm

» DWP and HMRC alleged debts
by assassin Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:20 pm

» HSBC advice please.
by Trishiapp28 Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:36 am

» He is going to save us again
by flyingfish Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:00 pm

» Government fraud
by midnight Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:01 am

» how to remove a shareholder?
by scrwm Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:06 pm

» I DO NOT CONSENT [62%] - ReformUK got 5% of the electorate. Labour 17%
by badvoc Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:25 pm

» What can ai do about Santander
by Godfastro Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:47 am

» Useful videos Council Tax
by daveiron Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:05 pm

» broadcaster vs me
by scrwm Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:37 pm

» The new GOODF process works
by urchinatheart Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:45 am

» Worth a watch
by LionsShare Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:11 am

» Farmers IsThis What's Needed?
by LionsShare Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:46 pm

» Debt Bomb 11
by Biggiebest Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:05 pm

» accepted dca alleged debt
by Mrblue2015 Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:09 pm

» DVLA
by daveiron Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:20 pm

Moon phases

Robinson Way

+6
petesomething
assassin
Waffle
daveiron
Tiggy
curvy63
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Robinson Way Empty Robinson Way

Post by curvy63 Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:10 pm

Hi,

It took me quite awhile to find this forum after going to the old website and discovering the "takeover".  I'm so glad you're all still here.  Smile  

I have 2 questions regarding the take over and also with Robinson Way.  Is the take over company a conglomeration of a few different debt collectors?  In my dealings with Robinson Way, their correspondence is different now to having dealt with them a couple of years ago where they completely backed off after letter 3.  

This time they are refusing to deal with my "internet based letters" and "will not enter into repetitive communications with (me) and any further based templates will not be acknowledged by us unless you provide a valid query or dispute."  

Is continuing on with the 3 letter process (my next move is to send a bill) the best way to go?  Or is the "Notice of Conditional Agreement" stating my agreement to pay, without prejudice, in so far as they prove that the 4 rules; full disclosure, consideration, lawful terms & conditions, and wet signatures have been followed in the first place?  (A suggestion on another thread) This move is to thwart an attempt to take me to court as willing to pay?

I also read on a thread that as I did sign the original credit agreement with Halifax credit card application that there was a clause that stated they have the right to assign this debt over to a debt collector, I am obligated and cannot really fight this?  In a letter from Robinson Way, they did state that they were sold the debt.  

Just wondering... the letter process has always worked before, but am I right that they (debt collectors) realise they are losing money and are stepping up their game?

Kind regards,

curvy63
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Robinson Way Empty Re: Robinson Way

Post by Tiggy Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:16 pm

Robinson Way only ever act as an agent, so in the past they could have been working direct for Halifax, but I suspect now they are working for a Debt Purchaser which is probably Hoist Portfolio Holdings 2 Ltd (HPH2).

Look on their letter to see who their client is.

Tiggy

Back to top Go down

Post by curvy63 Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:20 pm

Yes, in the letter today they state that Robinson Way is an appointed representative of Hoist Finance UK Limited.

curvy63
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:22 pm

The agreement they sent you, was it a 'true certified copy' or just the usual poor photo copy ?
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by curvy63 Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:25 pm

Hi,

They haven't sent me anything yet. Just a note saying my account will remain held until my requested agreement has been received from Halifax. They also state that because they sent me a Notice of Assignment, they will not be providing me with a Deed of Assignment.

Kind regards.

curvy63
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Waffle Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:30 pm

You probably are right, if they are stepping up their game so should we be.

Listen to what Tiggy is saying to do, its quite important to know their position, if they are acting as agent come back and let us know we can give you some statutory law and/or case law that might get them off your back for now.......

If you have been making agreed payments and the OC sold it anyway then it should be viewed as unfair treatment, you would have to go after the OC and tell them this. There are news article stating this kind of stuff especially if its in the first year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19511542

Waffle
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by Waffle Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:33 pm

You have a right to see evidence that your title has been transferred to them, they are fobbing you off.

If the account is held wait until this matter is dealt with then request the proof of documents of title (AKA deed of assignment), its your right to see that...... This way as well you will buy yourself a little more time

Waffle
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by curvy63 Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:36 pm

ok, should I send them a letter stating I will wait until they send me the requested paperwork?

Thank you Smile

curvy63
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by curvy63 Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:39 pm

p.s I received their last letter after I sent off letter 3. (stating my account will be held until my requested agreement has been received from Halifax) You would think this would have all been sent over when assigned the alleged debt?

thank you Smile

curvy63
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:42 pm

Hi all

Looks like they think they know the extent of 'our' knowledge having bought out goodf and removing the best stuff (or at least access to it).

Whatever they say about Internet templates fact is they still seem to be working.

Yes we need to raise our game, but we are already doing so.

So let's keep the faith, lose the fear and press on regardless. We're only f@@ked if we stop researching.

Cheers!

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:57 pm

They use pro forma paperwork in computer generated templates, and we may use internet based templates which are the same pro forms documents, so no difference.
Basically they are getting mardy and refusing to deal with you as they think they can do it to you, but you cant do it back to them, and here is the problem, they dont like you doing to them what they are doing to you.
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by curvy63 Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:25 pm

Thank you, I just needed a bit of inspiration... sometimes these letters get you down Sad

I've decided not to send a letter of Conditional Agreement as it is a bit complicated and over my head... but am resending letter 3 taking note of some recommendations to question the "internet templates", refute a letter they tried to sneak in saying they agreed to my proposal of payments (I assume off the back of my agreement with Halifax), and state a willingness to pay any financial obligation I might lawfully owe. It does validate the whole process of what we're doing that they are upping their game.

Smile

curvy63
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggy Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:24 pm

curvy63 wrote:Thank you, I just needed a bit of inspiration... sometimes these letters get you down Sad

I've decided not to send a letter of Conditional Agreement as it is a bit complicated and over my head... but am resending letter 3 taking note of some recommendations to question the "internet templates", refute a letter they tried to sneak in saying they agreed to my proposal of payments (I assume off the back of my agreement with Halifax), and state a willingness to pay any financial obligation I might lawfully owe.  It does validate the whole process of what we're doing that they are upping their game.  

Smile
I'd be tempted not to respond as you may inadvertently trip yourself up if you start referencing any previous offer to pay.

If it's on hold, leave it that way.

Tiggy

Back to top Go down

Post by petesomething Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:17 pm

Hi curvy63

see if they send the agreement , if they do it must be a true copy to stand up in court

but you have sent letter 3, you need to send the estoppel ,if  they reply after estoppel bill them and send the cover letter with the bill also on other post i replied to you can see two guys who won on billing copy and send with bill and cover letter , they will reply in a few weeks so keep going , you want to try and make them give up

remember these are just people in a office they have no special powers , try not to worry Very Happy
petesomething
petesomething
Very helpful
Very helpful

Back to top Go down

Post by discodave4093 Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:39 pm

you could also add this to your next letter to them

The fact that my letters are based on templates is irrelevant, otherwise the same thing could be said about your template letters.
There is no law stopping anyone from using template letters, which are used universally by many, if not all companies, which does not invalidate them whatsoever.

Last edited by discodave4093 on Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mistake)

discodave4093
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:42 pm

Hi discodave4093

Don't know if you meant it, but your comment is REALLY funny!

Cheers!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:44 pm

Hi discodave4093

No fair! Put it back - i'm still laughing!

Cheers!

Back to top Go down

Post by joedalton Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:10 pm

Hi, I am new to this forum but was part of the old forum for about a year and I have to thank Tiggy, Ceylon and others for their assistance. My experience with Rob Way was to ignore all their letters. The moderators advised me to carry on with the 3 letters plus the estopple which I did. Even after the estopple I received threatening letters from Rob Way which I ignored and finally all went quiet. Unfortunately another debt collector has taken up the mantle so I am now in theprocess of doing letter the 3-letter process with them too.
Hope this helps.

joedalton
news worthy
news worthy

Mobo likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by petesomething Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:25 pm

Hi joedalton

The problem is if you ignore letters you may get a court claim, you want to try and stop this before this stage
petesomething
petesomething
Very helpful
Very helpful

Mobo likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:26 pm

Hi joedalton

Feedback always helps, so thanks very much - daveiron will be chuffed!

And welcome.

Cheers!

Back to top Go down

Post by joedalton Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:36 pm

Hi petesomething, Yes I ignored the letters but I meant I ignored the letters which I received after I had sent the 3 letters plus the estopple. Can they still threaten court after they receive the estopple? I don't mean to mislead anyone, I was just saying what happened in my case. Your input here would be very much appreciated.
Thanks.

joedalton
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by petesomething Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:50 pm

Hi joedalton

yes they can still threaten but if it was some time ago i would not think they would bother now , they probably never had the paper work, if they do send any more letters send the bill with cover letter,
petesomething
petesomething
Very helpful
Very helpful

Back to top Go down

Post by joedalton Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:12 pm

Hi petesomething, thanks for the advice as I was under the impression that the stopple was the end of the matter. I didn't know that the debt collectors could still progress further. In the old forum I asked the question about receiving letters after the estopple, and whether I should send Rob Way a bill. Their reply was not to bother with the billing as it was a waste of time, which is contrary to what you are saying. Let's hope it does not get to that stage this 2nd time around as it is now with a new debt collector. Thanks again.

joedalton
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggy Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:06 pm

joedalton wrote:Hi petesomething, thanks for the advice as I was under the impression that the stopple was the end of the matter.  I didn't know that the debt collectors could still progress further.  In the old forum I asked the question about receiving letters after the estopple, and whether I should send Rob Way a bill.  Their reply was not to bother with the billing as it was a waste of time, which is contrary to what you are saying.  Let's hope it does not get to that stage this 2nd time around as it is now with a new debt collector.  Thanks again.
The reason why people were advise to stop billing huge amounts is that 3 people tried to claim them through the Courts and failed badly, they only just got away with not having to pay massive costs.

Tiggy

Back to top Go down

Post by discodave4093 Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:58 am

yes. anytime I am sending I bill I don't use the figures that are already on the templates, I change them to my own figures and keep them reasonably low. I wouldn't think of sending a bill for a million pounds for example

About my comment being funny I take it you mean the bit I removed about seeing the same letter several times. I sometimes do insert a funny comment or 2 into letters just to let them see I'm not taking their threats seriously

Last edited by discodave4093 on Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)

discodave4093
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next