The GOODF Approach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» DVLA [Hick] Does It Work [Hick] ?
by Miss Kermit Today at 4:15 pm

» know who you are volume ??
by daveiron Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:38 pm

» Are Lowell getting desperate ?
by Lopsum Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:50 am

» Ovo bank giro?
by Wynston.adebiyi@gmail.com Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:10 pm

» Hopefully A Success
by daveiron Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:28 pm

» Most Complete Bank Giro Credit
by LionsShare Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:06 pm

» Knowing our Lawful rights
by daveiron Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:05 am

» More Illegal Immigrants
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:43 pm

» SAR dispute
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:32 pm

» There goes Ireland, his off.
by midnight Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:07 pm

» The infamous DP continus
by urchinatheart Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:01 pm

» Call to the DVLA
by urchinatheart Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:36 pm

» BEWARE OF TSB BANK
by daveiron Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:53 am

» Help / Advice needed on ongoing neighbour harassment
by memegirl777 Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:51 pm

» United Kingdom? Really?
by assassin Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:17 pm

» DWP and HMRC alleged debts
by assassin Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:20 pm

» Serial Posty been awarded £10'000 for a fake bite
by memegirl777 Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:05 pm

» HSBC advice please.
by Trishiapp28 Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:36 am

» He is going to save us again
by flyingfish Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:00 pm

» Government fraud
by midnight Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:01 am

» THIS IS THE ONE ?
by daveiron Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:45 am

» how to remove a shareholder?
by scrwm Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:06 pm

» I DO NOT CONSENT [62%] - ReformUK got 5% of the electorate. Labour 17%
by badvoc Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:25 pm

» What can ai do about Santander
by Godfastro Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:47 am

» Useful videos Council Tax
by daveiron Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:05 pm

» broadcaster vs me
by scrwm Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:37 pm

» The new GOODF process works
by urchinatheart Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:45 am

» Worth a watch
by LionsShare Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:11 am

» Farmers IsThis What's Needed?
by LionsShare Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:46 pm

» Debt Bomb 11
by Biggiebest Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:05 pm

» accepted dca alleged debt
by Mrblue2015 Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:09 pm

» DVLA
by daveiron Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:20 pm

» Solicitors contacted me via e-mail asking for money.
by Kaddabriol Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:12 pm

» Claiming again
by LionsShare Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:07 am

» Useful Utility Vids
by LionsShare Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:59 pm

» what the bank of england runs the country?
by LionsShare Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:54 pm

by daveiron Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:55 am

» Learning New Skills _Pt 2 Buying Tools
by assassin Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:35 am

» Learning New Skills _Pt 2 Buying Tools
by assassin Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:33 am

» Learning new Skills Part 1
by assassin Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:27 am

» General Equity?
by LionsShare Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:03 pm

» Visit by appointment notice
by Moonbabymum Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:37 pm

» Discussion on Info'd Vids
by LionsShare Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:52 am

» debts loans mortgages etc (tear off slips?)
by LionsShare Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:54 pm

» Quick one
by Lopsum Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:03 pm

» debt settlement payoff
by daveiron Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:58 pm

» Council tax and summons for arrest
by LionsShare Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:17 pm

» Council Tax (getting answers)
by LionsShare Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:57 pm

» council tax 1st of april
by daveiron Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:46 pm

» DSAR
by daveiron Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:28 pm

» Warning about a previous post
by Mrblue2015 Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:10 pm

» Please leave a comment on this site
by daveiron Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:01 pm

» Lithiun Battery Dangers
by badvoc Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:52 pm

» its a trap
by LionsShare Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:49 am

» Car In Trust
by LionsShare Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:05 pm

Moon phases

"We are applying for a warrant to change your meter"

+5
daveiron
assassin
LionsShare
Lopsum
toolapcblack
9 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

"We are applying for a warrant to change your meter" - Page 4 Empty Re: "We are applying for a warrant to change your meter"

Post by LionsShare Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:37 pm

OK here we go:

assassin wrote "Let them claim the meter has been tampered with and then ask them what caused them to think this and what evidence they have to substantiate their claim, and provide it. Remember that legal maxim non assumpsit."

https://dictionary.thelaw.com/non-assumpsit/

extract: NON ASSUMPSIT

TheLaw.com Law Dictionary & Black's Law Dictionary 2nd Ed.

The general issue in the action of assumpsit; being a plea by which the defendant avers that “he did not undertake” or promise as alleged.

https://onlashuk.wordpress.com/2012/08/22/the-non-assumpsit-question/

extract:

"From: http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Non+assumpsit
NON ASSUMPSIT, pleading.  <<< We do not plead with or to our servants … and perhaps this is what needs to be declared for certain court situations

The general issue in trespass on the case, in the species of assumpsit. Its form is, “And the said C D, by E F, his attorney, comes and defends the wrong and injury, when, &c., and says, that he did not undertake or promise in manner and form as the said A B, hath above complained. And of this he puts himself upon the country.”

Under this plea almost every matter may be given in evidence, on the ground, it is said, that as the action is founded on the contract, and the injury is the non, performance of it, evidence which disaffirms the obligation of the contract, at the time when the action was commenced, goes to the gist of the action.

Notice the second definition of this wherein it says, “the action is founded on the contract, and the injury is the non, performance of it, evidence which disaffirms the obligation of the contract, at the time when the action was commenced.”  This is more or less saying that non-assumpsit can become the foundation of an action against the one that is to provide certain specific performance and did not, thereby entering into breach of contract/trust."

In getting gas to prove what they claim they cannot? if not they have founded (not performed) on or under contract (not necassarily the signed contract/agreement) so a section 39 (to do with non performance of supplier) dispute would be just that, they cannot.

When the gas say there has been a breach of contract - tampering with the meter - let them prove it. If they can't the " injury is the non, performance of it" - the non proving.

Am I anywhere near. Please I invite all comments . Tiggy, assassin, Candor, waffle, even celyon if he is reading.
LionsShare
LionsShare

Back to top Go down

"We are applying for a warrant to change your meter" - Page 4 Empty Re: "We are applying for a warrant to change your meter"

Post by Guest Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:02 pm

Hi guys

Wow! i'm learning so much on this thread....

Tiggy - thanks for giving me cause to re-read this thread, i learned a few important things that i missed first time round.

First thing i learned was that i should have stuck with the proof of payment angle that was originally suggested near the start of this thread. Fortunately it's not too late to add some suggestions in that area.

Secondly it reminded me that the whole premise of this 'remedy' is that T.H.E.Y. can't apply a valid warrant of entry, without your consent, for anything other than reasons of public safety. Everything i've seen in this thread confirms that, which

thirdly, tells me that it is important to pursue both angles (proof of pay and gas safety cert.) simultaneously for best results.

i learned that Regulation 4 - 'An agreement as specified in the Regulations is not required when....'
actually means that T.H.E.Y. need your consent, as evidenced by your signature, to fit a pre-payment meter.

i also learned that Tiggy was quite right (and quite possibly inspired imo) to bring up sec 39, and i'm hoping she will point out any specific subsections of particular interest in this instance.......please....?

Cheers!

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:20 am

Its very simple, if they claim a meter has been tampered with they will have to have reasonable suspicion of this claim with verification to prove "reasonable suspicion" to a court and it is a safety issue and is covered by section 1, if they make claim then they have to substantiate claim.

They play another game also, that is a "win by default" scenario where they go to a fake court en masse with a huge list of names and make claim against them all, if nobody turns up and defends the claim they win by default and got away with their false safety allegations as nobody, or very few turned up to defend them and their claims stand.

In law a judgement becomes truth, the truth becomes law.

With so many people appearing at court they used to dismiss a claim against those turning up and fail to make claim against them because that meant a full hearing which they could lose and end up with costs awarded against them, it is all about money, and they would only proceed against those who didn't turn up as they knew they get a default judgement. Its a numbers game for them.

With the newer legislation they know they can apply for a warrant to change the meter and paperwork guidelines were issued for the issuing of warrants, they automatically included a warrant of entry attached to the warrant to change a meter, and most courts isue them this way now.

Apply a little logic here, why do you think the gas and electricity prices constantly change and the Government encourage you to switch? every time you switch suppliers you enter a new contract with them and they contain the newer terms and conditions.
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:53 am

Hi assassin

i'm with you right up to the point where you mention 'newer legislation' - are you referring to legislation other than already posted and discussed here? If so would you mind specifying?

Another bit of logic to consider is that these companies STILL send out 'bills' with endorsable vouchers attached. They do this ONLY because they are obliged to do so, not for reasons of tradition, and that tells me that we still have the right to settle by endorsement.

Would you agree - or can you think of another reason they still include the credit slip?

Cheers!

Back to top Go down

Post by toolapcblack Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:27 pm

another day another bill/credit slip!
So have correspondence from Sainsburys(no reply from BG yet to the dispute letter) And again they have sent me an incorrect one a Bank Giro Credit Slip!!!! So Just got off the blower to them telling the zombies that i am not running no business and need a JOINT GIRO CREDIT SLIP as a non-commercial customer...wakey wakey rise and shine!

toolapcblack
Very helpful
Very helpful

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:44 am

Hi iamani, yes I will.

Legislation was subtley changed to allow utilities to enter your property and fit a pre pay meter to clear arrears from your account, I cannot remember when it was changed, but Tiggy has the legislation and can probably help with this.

From memory it was due to a High Court Precedent being set which didn't allow them to enter your property to change a meter for a pre pay meter, they could only obtain a warrant of entry on safety grounds, and this was only to examine equipment they owned or rented which was the pipework to the meter and the meter itself. As this legislation was being used by people like us they changed the legislation to allow them entry to change a meter.
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsShare Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:33 am

here are some resons why you can stop install of pre pay meters:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/energy/energy-supply/get-help-paying-your-bills/stop-your-energy-supplier-installing-a-prepayment-meter/

funny they don't mention having paid by endorsement!
LionsShare
LionsShare

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsShare Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:39 am

Suppliers should demonstrate when applying for the warrant that they have carried out appropriate checks for vulnerability. H&S risk assessment statement.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publications-and-updates/ofgem-statement-prepayment-meters-installed-under-warrant
LionsShare
LionsShare

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsShare Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:42 am

"Ofgem said it would investigate after the figures - for England, Scotland and Wales - were released." Yeah right!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32876422

Its about time the full "SP" on the Joint Giro System was brought out into the open for ALL to see. The above would be stopped dead!
LionsShare
LionsShare

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsShare Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:50 am

hi toolapcblack,

this video in this post may be some salvation for you next week?

https://goodf.forumotion.com/t1430-how-to-talk-in-court#10915
LionsShare
LionsShare

Back to top Go down

Post by Kestrel Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:55 am

Without going through the entire thread has the link below been added here?

If not then take a look it may be some help.

HOW TO PLAY THE GAS AND ELECTRIC GAME WHEN/IF IT GOES TO COURT
With regards them gaining a warrant of entry for removal of a meter etc.
http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=61273

Kestrel
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsShare Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:14 am

Brilliant just what is needed, had not actually seen this before although have spent many hours looking for this type info
LionsShare
LionsShare

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4