» Lowell Court Claim - Former Tesco CC
by HuManChu Today at 9:50 pm

» Hit Our Target
by assassin Today at 2:35 am

» Latest from CrimeBodge
by assassin Today at 1:40 am

» Voters registration
by assassin Today at 1:34 am

» Reality chat , every wednesday at 8pm (ish)
by Society of the Spectacle Yesterday at 7:39 pm

» Debt Collectors
by Tvarred Yesterday at 4:08 pm

by Mrblue Yesterday at 8:37 am

» Greetings community and admin
by Mrblue Yesterday at 8:36 am

» Aquiess rainmaking using Electromagnetic Frequencies
by Sharpysparky Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:08 pm

» Yet Another Great Example How To Pay
by LionsShare Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:24 pm

» Another For Awoken 2
by Awoken2 Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:15 pm

» Prince Andrew, Epstein, Clinton, Savile And McCann: Sonia Poulton | True Crime Podcast 59
by treeze Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:11 pm

» TESCO CREDIT CARD & LOWELLS
by Ithesoul Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:35 am

» sol excalibre with cookiemonster
by Society of the Spectacle Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:07 pm

» Can they take my car?
by allrightsreserved Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:59 pm

» filling in 3 letters help
by daveiron Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:21 pm

» PRA Group
by daveiron Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:19 am

» webster report
by LionsShare Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:31 pm

» Melanie Shaw: Child Rape Whistleblower In Her Own Words
by LionsShare Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:35 pm

» Am I missing something ?
by LionsShare Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:54 pm

» Threat to pay, possible statute barred
by allrightsreserved Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:18 pm

» Cabots -16 weeks?
by angelao1 Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:11 pm

» Trust Law Issue
by toolapcblack Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:43 am

» I dont think PRA like me anymore
by allrightsreserved Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:55 am

» How Do I Reclaim my Strawman?
by Tom Bombadil Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:39 pm

» Do you want to be just left in peace /
by Mrblue Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:19 pm

» Visualizing the November Energy Update Themes (Animation)
by treeze Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:49 pm

» 3 letter process download
by Mrblue Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:22 pm

» Latest Rich Planet vids Richard Hall
by daveiron Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:49 pm

» address
by mongoose Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:59 am

» Water Water Everywhere and Droughts In Summer
by assassin Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:27 am

» Flush out the sodium fluoride
by sirus0 Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:33 am

by AlkoTea Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:23 pm

» Court date
by Cookiemonster2 Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:23 pm

» Help required with research.
by Stevro Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:30 pm

» judges and original contracts to court
by Stevro Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:42 am

» Defult notice
by Cookiemonster2 Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:16 pm

» Cabot reply after 3 letters
by Mrblue Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:24 pm

» A4V
by LionsShare Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:15 pm

» Utility Template SAR
by LionsShare Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:36 am

» Bank Insurance Claims for debts
by LionsShare Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:19 am

» Strange sky
by flyingfish Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:02 am

» Robinson way sent me the application form I've filled in
by sirus0 Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:23 pm

» My credit card come back alive
by sirus0 Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:07 pm

» Help required with my recent CCJ
by Stevro Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:03 pm

» Do creditors need to produce your original signed agreement?
by Stevro Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:00 pm

» Cabot Financial - My Next Step
by Stevro Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:58 pm

» Hydraponics
by daveiron Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:42 am

» Brexit & Common Law
by flyingfish Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:31 am

» 24 Storey Tower on Fire in Kensington - dies
by Awoken2 Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:06 pm

» lawful rebellion ?
by mitch Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:08 pm

» Better Comprehension
by LionsShare Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:16 pm

» Off-Grid Basics Land and Planning
by Kestrel Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:10 pm

» Power of lemons
by chong Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:35 am

» Renewable Energy is a Scam?
by jrb Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:12 pm

Moon phases

Relentless Debt Buyer finally acquired docs almost 1 year after my 3 letters

Go down

Relentless Debt Buyer finally acquired docs almost 1 year after my 3 letters Empty Relentless Debt Buyer finally acquired docs almost 1 year after my 3 letters

Post by onak on Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:31 am

I'm at a bit of a dead end here I think, and wondered if anyone had gone through the same.

I went through the 3 letter process with an aggressive DP, who had nothing besides a doctored NoA and threatening phone calls and letters. The NoA was worded it carefully as if it was from the original lender, and thanks to this site, i knew what to look out for, it was obviously a bogus document. The DP tried to take me to court with only that, but I managed to avoid it at the time (by using external mediation). This is where I probably stuffed up in hindsight, knowing now that they had nothing on me back then. My mistake quite possibly was just not going to court at this time.

The DP completely ignored my letters while scrambling together some requested documents from the original lender. Now they're sitting in the box seat ready to take me to court again, this time with the original lenders default notice, NoA, all credit card statements, online application, and original lenders history of correspondence with me.

The external mediation has therefore gone against me - even though they conceded the DP avoided their responsibility in not providing me anything at all - and while continuing to charge daily interest.

Curious to know if anyone has been able to argue successfully that the DP only built up a case after 1 year of nothing.

onak
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Relentless Debt Buyer finally acquired docs almost 1 year after my 3 letters Empty Re: Relentless Debt Buyer finally acquired docs almost 1 year after my 3 letters

Post by Mrblue on Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:45 am

This looks like an interesting situation... Hopefully someone like the superb Waylander62 will offer some advice.

In the meantime, get a DSAR over to the OC ASAP (where any real evidence will be found).
Mrblue
Mrblue

Back to top Go down

Relentless Debt Buyer finally acquired docs almost 1 year after my 3 letters Empty Re: Relentless Debt Buyer finally acquired docs almost 1 year after my 3 letters

Post by onak on Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:57 am

Many thanks Mr Blue! I did SAR the OC and got rabble back, which they forwarded also to the Debt Purchaser! Statements, Default Notice, Terms and Conditions Booklet you can pick up off any bank counter, and an online application which is just a typed up spreadsheet with incorrect address and credit amount on it! No contract, information on fees, interest. Just a lot of mud thrown at the wall.

Anyway, the most interesting thing from the SAR was all my credit card account notes. The most recent entry by the Original Lender being listed as
"DATE. URGENT URGENT! ACCOUNT WAS REMEDIATED! cheque sent to buyer"

But I cant get to the bottom of what that means. It's a brick wall, original lender ignores and debt buyer ignores but wont ease off either.

onak
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by waylander62 on Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:17 pm

i need to clarify your first post information

tried to take you to court but you used external mediation ? please explain this more clearly as it sounds they did issue a claim and it went to mediation ?

they are taking you to court AGAIN ? what after agreeing at mediation ?

they have as long as they want to provide documents within the statute barred period

sounds like the docs provided are not compliant anyway would need a lot more info on this

debt buyers dont ease off unless you prove their wrongdoing and let them know in a letter, that usually scares them off

waylander62
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Mrblue on Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:27 pm

@onak wrote: I did SAR the OC and which they forwarded also to the Debt Purchaser!  .

How do you know the OC did this? That would surely be a breach of the GDPR / DPA simply to forward a large volume of YOUR personal data onto a third party (the DP) that you - NOT the third party (DP) asked for?
Mrblue
Mrblue

Back to top Go down

Post by onak on Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:14 am

@Mrblue wrote:
@onak wrote: I did SAR the OC and which they forwarded also to the Debt Purchaser!  .

How do you know the OC did this? That would surely be a breach of the GDPR / DPA simply to forward a large volume of YOUR personal data onto a third party (the DP) that you - NOT the third party (DP) asked for?

Because the OC twerps included the email correspondence between OC and DP in my SAR pack! I know.
I am trying the GDPR route, so far met with deafening silence and as far as the OC are concerned they are done with me...

onak
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by onak on Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:19 am

@handle wrote:Ask them for more information.
What balance are they seeking?
How is it made up?
What charges and interest are in that?
Has PPI been included?
Get copies of all statements?
Get a copy of the default notice?
Get a copy of the agreement under the consumer credit act?
Ask how much they paid for the debt? (don't comment on this anyone)

thanks handle. I did ask for all this. The DP don't have a set amount, it rises by the day for the past year lucky them, and i've never seen a breakdown of charges or interest or fees, no signed agreement, no deed of assignment confirming what they paid. The OC did send me (and the DP) all my statements, default notice, application spreadsheet completed by the OC.

onak
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by onak on Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:33 am

@waylander62 wrote:i need to clarify your first post information

tried to take you to court but you used external mediation ? please explain this more clearly as it sounds they did issue a claim and it went to mediation ?

they are taking you to court AGAIN ? what after agreeing at mediation ?

they have as long as they want to provide documents within the statute barred period

sounds like the docs provided are not compliant anyway would need a lot more info on this

debt buyers dont ease off unless you prove their wrongdoing and let them know in a letter, that usually scares them off

thanks waylander. I went through external mediation and if I don't agree with/ignore their 'decision' that I owe the alleged debt, sitting now at an astronomical figure of interest fees charges, then the Debt Purchaser is free to kick things off again through the court process.

I have gone over the 3 letter process entry here https://goodf.forumotion.com/t41-the-3-letters-process by Lopsum in March 2017 that includes how petesomething beat them when faced with court.

The only angles that I now feel might scare the DP off is proof that my debt has been written off / remediated and they haven't ever paid a penny for it, plus all the non-compliant reconstructed documents as you say.  
I suppose if they have as long as they want within statute barred, then the fact they tried to start a court proceeding without any documents probably wont mean much now.

onak
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrblue on Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:01 pm

@onak wrote:
@Mrblue wrote:

Because the OC twerps included the email correspondence between OC and DP in my SAR pack! I know.

So to be absolutely clear - the DSAR pack included the OC telling the DP that you had requested a DSAR...??
Mrblue
Mrblue

Back to top Go down

Post by waylander62 on Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:45 pm

still cant get my head around the 'mediation' bit ? who's 'decision' did you have to agree with ?

all these extra charges added by the DP plus interest after default and sale ? this doesnt sound right either

waylander62
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrblue on Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:21 pm

@handle wrote:i think this might be another Winnie

What “might be another Winnie”? I’m lost haha

Last edited by Mrblue on Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Mrblue
Mrblue

Back to top Go down

Post by onak on Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:26 am

@handle wrote:I note you haven't actually given any info about your alleged debt. Its difficult to help someone without info.

Your own initial post is simply asking "Curious to know if anyone has been able to argue successfully that the DP only built up a case after 1 year of nothing."

The answer to that is obviously "no". There is nothing more to discuss.

Your expression DP seems to indicate you are used to debt fora.

I have been following goodf for a long time, but always felt reluctant to post for the reason above. Thanks for your replies anyway.

onak
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by onak on Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:35 am

@Mrblue wrote:
@onak wrote:
@Mrblue wrote:

So to be absolutely clear - the DSAR pack included the OC telling the DP that you had requested a DSAR...??

My SAR pack from the orginal creditor is an inch thick pile of papers. One of those papers is an email from the debt purchaser, dated around the week they began to receive my 3 letters, to the original creditor requesting all documents from them. Thats what I mean there.

Also included in the SAR pack are 2 pages of all correspondence me and the original creditor have ever had, from day dot. Whether it be phone calls, letters sent out, all before default, general notes throughout the time I had a credit card with them.
The final few entries after default are obviously more juicy... entries include "Spoke to Debt Buyer who requested documents"
"Forwarded Debt Buyer the customers letter" "Urgent. Account has been remediated. Sent cheque to buyer"

I don't know if its a mistake that someone sent me all these notes or not. But thats neither here nor there. I requested everything under GPDR.

onak
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by onak on Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:39 am

@waylander62 wrote:still cant get my head around the 'mediation' bit ? who's 'decision' did you have to agree with ?

all these extra charges added by the DP plus interest after default and sale ? this doesnt sound right either

The mediation is not binding or formal, its just a tactic I was recommended to use to buy time and stop the Debt collection harassment and threats, and possibly scare them off. That hasn't worked. So I am now back at square one, but with a bigger alleged debt rising by the day.

onak
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by onak on Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:06 am

I have been going through all the forum posts, and these two topics are very similar to my situation, so I would be keen to hear how Tiberius or davidg4039 got on, if they're still active.

https://goodf.forumotion.com/t1871-debt-collectors

https://goodf.forumotion.com/t3316-cabot-filed-ccj-application-despite-3-letter-process?highlight=letter+4

onak
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum