The GOODF Approach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» DWP
by daveiron Yesterday at 10:31 pm

» THIS IS THE ONE ?
by daveiron Yesterday at 10:07 pm

» Are Lowell getting desperate ?
by memegirl777 Yesterday at 9:33 pm

» DVLA [Hick] Does It Work [Hick] ?
by Miss Kermit Yesterday at 4:15 pm

» know who you are volume ??
by daveiron Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:38 pm

» Ovo bank giro?
by Wynston.adebiyi@gmail.com Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:10 pm

» Hopefully A Success
by daveiron Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:28 pm

» Most Complete Bank Giro Credit
by LionsShare Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:06 pm

» Knowing our Lawful rights
by daveiron Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:05 am

» More Illegal Immigrants
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:43 pm

» SAR dispute
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:32 pm

» There goes Ireland, his off.
by midnight Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:07 pm

» The infamous DP continus
by urchinatheart Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:01 pm

» Call to the DVLA
by urchinatheart Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:36 pm

» BEWARE OF TSB BANK
by daveiron Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:53 am

» Help / Advice needed on ongoing neighbour harassment
by memegirl777 Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:51 pm

» United Kingdom? Really?
by assassin Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:17 pm

» DWP and HMRC alleged debts
by assassin Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:20 pm

» Serial Posty been awarded £10'000 for a fake bite
by memegirl777 Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:05 pm

» HSBC advice please.
by Trishiapp28 Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:36 am

» He is going to save us again
by flyingfish Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:00 pm

» Government fraud
by midnight Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:01 am

» how to remove a shareholder?
by scrwm Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:06 pm

» I DO NOT CONSENT [62%] - ReformUK got 5% of the electorate. Labour 17%
by badvoc Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:25 pm

» What can ai do about Santander
by Godfastro Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:47 am

» Useful videos Council Tax
by daveiron Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:05 pm

» broadcaster vs me
by scrwm Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:37 pm

» The new GOODF process works
by urchinatheart Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:45 am

» Worth a watch
by LionsShare Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:11 am

» Farmers IsThis What's Needed?
by LionsShare Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:46 pm

» Debt Bomb 11
by Biggiebest Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:05 pm

» accepted dca alleged debt
by Mrblue2015 Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:09 pm

» DVLA
by daveiron Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:20 pm

» Solicitors contacted me via e-mail asking for money.
by Kaddabriol Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:12 pm

» Claiming again
by LionsShare Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:07 am

» Useful Utility Vids
by LionsShare Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:59 pm

» what the bank of england runs the country?
by LionsShare Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:54 pm

by daveiron Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:55 am

» Learning New Skills _Pt 2 Buying Tools
by assassin Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:35 am

» Learning New Skills _Pt 2 Buying Tools
by assassin Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:33 am

» Learning new Skills Part 1
by assassin Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:27 am

» General Equity?
by LionsShare Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:03 pm

» Visit by appointment notice
by Moonbabymum Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:37 pm

» Discussion on Info'd Vids
by LionsShare Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:52 am

» debts loans mortgages etc (tear off slips?)
by LionsShare Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:54 pm

» Quick one
by Lopsum Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:03 pm

» debt settlement payoff
by daveiron Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:58 pm

» Council tax and summons for arrest
by LionsShare Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:17 pm

» Council Tax (getting answers)
by LionsShare Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:57 pm

» council tax 1st of april
by daveiron Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:46 pm

» DSAR
by daveiron Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:28 pm

» Warning about a previous post
by Mrblue2015 Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:10 pm

» Please leave a comment on this site
by daveiron Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:01 pm

» Lithiun Battery Dangers
by badvoc Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:52 pm

» its a trap
by LionsShare Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:49 am

Moon phases

Claim from Insurance Company for Alleged Debt

+3
daveiron
Mrblue2015
catchablackrat
7 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Claim from Insurance Company for Alleged Debt Empty Claim from Insurance Company for Alleged Debt

Post by catchablackrat Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:20 am

Hi Guys

If i could garner some knowledge on the following matter i would be grateful, i think this could be helpful generally speaking as i know of this becoming a more and more frequent occurrence.

Ive had an insurance company contact me for payment by way of subrogation for an alleged amount owed by myself to a creditor who had taken out an insurance policy against the possibility of non-payment.

My understanding or at least what it would seem to me is that the insurance company are already paid by the creditor by way of monthly payments for example so would in effect be paid for a second time on anything they pay out to the creditor if successful in extracting payment from myself.

I suppose the question is would the 3 letters have the same effect? and are they applicable in this instance? Question Question Question

Thx
catchablackrat

catchablackrat
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Claim from Insurance Company for Alleged Debt Empty Re: Claim from Insurance Company for Alleged Debt

Post by Mrblue2015 Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:38 am

Good morning and welcome catchablackcat.

As much as I’d like to help you, I’m not sure in this particular case. Hopefully one of the other members will be able to provide some guidance.

Good luck!
Mrblue2015
Mrblue2015

Back to top Go down

Claim from Insurance Company for Alleged Debt Empty Re: Claim from Insurance Company for Alleged Debt

Post by daveiron Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:31 am

Hi,
Waylander is probably the guy for the best advice on this.
In the meantime more info would be heplful.No need to go into specifics ,
just what its for ,how much is claimed (roughly) and anything else relevant.
The more general info you give ,the better you can be helped.
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrblue2015 Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:44 am

I'd second DI's response Smile Also, as DI says: "roughly" i.e. never use the exact sums / dates or any other personal info that could potentially give away your identity to a 'troll' (bank, DCA, solicitor etc) on here ;-)
Mrblue2015
Mrblue2015

Back to top Go down

Post by catchablackrat Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:01 pm

Hi

Thx for the help so far.

So in short my business went under and i ended up getting evicted from the place i was renting at the time and the landlord was insured against non-payment of rent, made a claim against the policy and now the insurers are coming at me for £6,700 odd..

Hope thats enough..

catchablackrat

catchablackrat
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by waylander62 Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:28 pm

so the landlord took out the insurance policy 'just in case' you couldnt pay ?

you couldnt pay, therefore the landlord claimed on the policy ' the landlord' took out to cover themselves and the insurance company are now coming after you for the money !?

i am assuming you have nothing to do with the insurance policy ? and never entered into any agreement with anybody in respect of this policy ?

waylander62
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by catchablackrat Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:50 pm

You would be correct waylander62 in all aspects..

They are claiming the right due to subrogation

Thx

catchablackrat
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by waylander62 Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:55 pm

just i little more info.

was the business responsible for the rent payments ?

is the business still trading ?

are the insurance co. coming after the business or you as an individual ?

waylander62
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by catchablackrat Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:58 pm

waylander62 wrote:just i little more info.

was the business responsible for the rent payments ?

is the business still trading ?

are the insurance co. coming after the business or you as an individual ?

The business was NOT responsible for the payments.

The business is NOT trading anymore.

The insurance company are coming after ME.

Thx W62

catchablackrat
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by waylander62 Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:09 pm

subrogation is a very complex area it allows the insurer to come after the 3rd party which caused the losses, but i am an unsure how this would work in respect of non payment of rent.

they have obviously written to you and told you that you are responsible for the sum due, this is a very very difficult one and i would need to see what the letter is actually saying.

i would also recommend you read up on subrogation and what it means and i would also consider 30 mins free consultation with a solicitor ( may point you in the right direction)

can you still contact the landlord ? will they speak with you ?

waylander62
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by catchablackrat Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:37 pm

waylander62 wrote:subrogation is a very complex area it allows the insurer to come after the 3rd party which caused the losses, but i am an unsure how this would work in respect of non payment of rent.

they have obviously written to you and told you that you are responsible for the sum due, this is a very very difficult one and i would need to see what the letter is actually saying.

i would also recommend you read up on subrogation and what it means and i would also consider 30 mins free consultation with a solicitor ( may point you in the right direction)

can you still contact the landlord ? will they speak with you ?

Hi W62

From my understanding they would have to provide upon request that they are certified in this instance to subrogate..

Aside from that if the landlord has been paying the insurance company each month in the eventuality that a claim may arise then isnt the cost of a payout covered in the most basic sense (obviously details are unknown as to costs and structure of payments etc) and if thats the case what would be the I.Co standing as theyve been paid and thus in essence are "double dipping" like the rest of the scumbags, no-one technically is at a loss, again i say this without knowing the numbers as it were but you get my point..

This all happened at the start of 2018 and i received the very 1st notice from the insurance company on 8th January 2020

Thx

catchablackrat
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by waylander62 Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:25 pm

like i said this is a very tough one, the cost of a payout is covered but in respect of the I co. coming after you then appears they have a case unless the landlord included a waiver in his policy, which he would have had to have paid extra for so i will bet they didnt.

i get your point i really do, but this is britain and the lobbyists and corporate millionaires who run the country have got to the politicians to allow this sort of thing under their 'law', i mean the I. Co. probably only made a billion profit and paid little or no tax but they need your little sum !?

you need to likely start by looking at your tenancy agreement and probably asking for a copy of the insurance policy that gives them the right to chase you, as i said very very complex.

waylander62
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:28 pm

I totally agree with waylander.You may find something in your tenancy agreement.
When I rented a factory for 20 + years ,the only rent rise in that time was for
the increased cost to the landlord for ins.On that basis us tenants were clearly paying for the cover to the landlord even though he was the one with an agreement with the ins co.

Dont suppose you were a limited co ?
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by catchablackrat Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:06 pm

daveiron wrote:I totally agree with waylander.You may find something in your tenancy agreement.
When I rented a factory for 20 + years ,the only rent rise in that time was for
the increased cost to the landlord for ins.On that basis us tenants were clearly paying for the cover to the landlord even though he was the one with an agreement with the ins co.

Dont suppose you were a limited co ?

Hi Mate

I was a limited company yes, to which it was folded around 9 months previous, i had enough savings to manage for that long but with the court case against the Insolvency Service which was the OR in the case work was hard to come by and it kind of built from there until i went pop, if that makes any sense at all Question Question

Thx guys, appreciate your assistance...

catchablackrat
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:19 pm

I may well be wrong ,but is any of that rent owed down to the limited co. or is all of it after the limited company ceased trading?
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:21 am

Very true, but the main question is; did the company take out the lease/rental of the property, or did you take it out?

If you personally took it out in your name then you are personally liable, if the company took it out in the companies name then the company is liable, any debt or alleged debt owed by the company should be forwarded to the receivers and they should allocate payments to all creditors.

Why are they coming after you? in simple terms the receivers will prioritise payments and obviously HMRC get the lions share of any remaining assets, followed by others in a line of priority and in reality most creditors will get very little or nothing, perhaps 1p in the £ if they are lucky. So, they come after you and get a lot more than 1% of nothing.
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by catchablackrat Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:51 pm

assassin wrote:Very true, but the main question is; did the company take out the lease/rental of the property, or did you take it out?

If you personally took it out in your name then you are personally liable, if the company took it out in the companies name then the company is liable, any debt or alleged debt owed by the company should be forwarded to the receivers and they should allocate payments to all creditors.

Why are they coming after you? in simple terms the receivers will prioritise payments and obviously HMRC get the lions share of any remaining assets, followed by others in a line of priority and in reality most creditors will get very little or nothing, perhaps 1p in the £ if they are lucky. So, they come after you and get a lot more than 1% of nothing.

Hi Assassin

Yes the rental was in my name, the company had been wound up previously, thats all fine, my original point i suppose is can i use the 3 letter system with a couple of tweeks relating to a request for proof they are certified to subrogate in this instance and proof of loss against the money deposited by the landlord for the service?

Thanks
catchablackrat

catchablackrat
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:55 am

Yes.
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by catchablackrat Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:03 pm

assassin wrote:Yes.

Glad you said that because thats what i went ahead and did Laughing

Thx as always fellas

catchablackrat
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by catchablackrat Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:16 pm

assassin wrote:Yes.

Hi Guys

I received a bailiff appointment via email, please see attached copy.  I also asked for an invoice/bill if im to pay them anything i allegedly owe, this was the response.

You have requested an invoice, there is no invoice as we have not provided goods or services to you.  The Court Order sets out the sums shown and the statement of account below shows the breakdown of the debt.

catchablackrat
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by pitano1 Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:41 pm

PCN issuing companies, local government councils and organisations who persist in demanding payment without responding to your BoEVAT Notice One with an invoice signed in wet ink are leaving themselves open to prosecution under the following Laws and legislation, and also to the associated penalties:

https://boevat.org.uk/supporting-legislation/
pitano1
pitano1
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by waylander62 Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:51 pm

so there exists a court order !? has this already been before the courts ?

did the insurance company already take you to court for this alleged debt ? and win ?

i think we need the full information !?

waylander62
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingfish Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:55 pm

Is the first you've heard of a court order, or indeed that it was even going to court?  If it's been to court and the court has found against you then you really have two choices.  You can see if you can get the order set aside, then prepare to defend the case.  Or you can negotiate a payment plan.  

Regarding the underlying cause of action, this sort of subrogation is pretty much standard unless the insurance company explicitly agreed a waiver.  They don't like to do that as it increases their risks, but in some specific cases they do agree some sort of limited waiver.  This would be negotiated or agreed between the insurer and the policy holder, but if nothing was stated either way then the right of subrogation would stand.

flyingfish
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by waylander62 Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:01 pm

flyingfish wrote:Is the first you've heard of a court order, or indeed that it was even going to court?  If it's been to court and the court has found against you then you really have two choices.  You can see if you can get the order set aside, then prepare to defend the case.  Or you can negotiate a payment plan.  

Regarding the underlying cause of action, this sort of subrogation is pretty much standard unless the insurance company explicitly agreed a waiver.  They don't like to do that as it increases their risks, but in some specific cases they do agree some sort of limited waiver.  This would be negotiated or agreed between the insurer and the policy holder, but if nothing was stated either way then the right of subrogation would stand.

agreed

which is why i suggested contacting the landlord/insurer and checking out the tenancy agreement as it may well be in there if there is a waiver. If there is no waiver then it will be difficult.

but now we have suggestions of court involvement.

so i think the full information is required.

waylander62
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by catchablackrat Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:30 pm

waylander62 wrote:
flyingfish wrote:Is the first you've heard of a court order, or indeed that it was even going to court?  If it's been to court and the court has found against you then you really have two choices.  You can see if you can get the order set aside, then prepare to defend the case.  Or you can negotiate a payment plan.  

agreed

which is why i suggested contacting the landlord/insurer and checking out the tenancy agreement as it may well be in there if there is a waiver. If there is no waiver then it will be difficult.

but now we have suggestions of court involvement.

so i think the full information is required.

Thanks Guys

You have all the info mate, the first i have heard of any Court action is today in reply to my letter and email asking for the relevant evidence/information.

Ive tried to upload the bailiff appt but i keep having a message pop up saying i have 0mb left of upload space or something to that effect..

Thx
catchablackrat

catchablackrat
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next