The GOODF Approach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Virgin money locked my account fraud query
by daveiron Sun May 12, 2024 12:32 am

» large Solar storms heading to earth as we speak
by daveiron Sun May 12, 2024 12:16 am

» Astra Zeneca
by assassin Fri May 10, 2024 4:55 am

» At last.
by daveiron Thu May 09, 2024 6:53 am

» Know who you are
by LionsShare Wed May 08, 2024 1:24 pm

» hmrc bond
by LionsShare Tue May 07, 2024 9:56 am

» Chainsaws 1
by assassin Sat May 04, 2024 5:07 am

» Supply What Does It Mean?
by LionsShare Thu May 02, 2024 11:45 am

» Speed ticket Is This The Way To Go?
by flyingfish Wed May 01, 2024 10:11 pm

» DSAR
by brownowl Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:15 pm

» Council Tax questions we should all be asking
by LionsShare Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:20 am

» Whats In A Name?
by LionsShare Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:49 pm

» The infamous DP continus
by Biggiebest Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:20 pm

» Purchased Used car, thew con rod after 4 weeks, 40,000mi on clock, can we get out of the finance?
by assassin Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:19 am

» C'Tax & The Bradbury Pound System
by flyingfish Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:21 pm

» Warranty issues
by brownowl Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:05 pm

» Smart Meter and Pre Pay Meter remedy
by daveiron Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:29 am

» are they feeling the pinch...?
by pitano1 Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:19 pm

» Fruit
by assassin Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:36 am

» Are Lowell getting desperate ?
by waylander62 Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:08 pm

» Electric Vehicles
by assassin Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:57 am

» Water charges
by daveiron Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:36 am

» 20 mph speed limit enforcable????
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:26 pm

» Allotments
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:54 am

» Energy debt
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:49 am

» HO HO HO not that shinning or with clean hands !!!!!!
by Lopsum Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:04 pm

» Psychological Operation - Evidence on more fraud
by Lopsum Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:00 pm

» Allodial Title
by urchinatheart Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Grow Potatoes
by Mrblue2015 Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:18 am

» Feed Yourself For Less
by assassin Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:23 pm

» New GOODF - small account closed upon Notice 3
by RaspberryBlu Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:02 pm

» DWP
by daveiron Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:23 am

» LGA1888 sect79 sub2
by urchinatheart Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:15 am

» Know Who You Are Even More Volumes To Come
by LionsShare Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:24 am

» Woke, Nimbys, Snowflakes and idiots
by urchinatheart Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:09 am

» Never Buy Seeds Again
by assassin Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:14 pm

» Ovo bank giro?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:07 pm

» Is your car a government remote controled car???
by Lopsum Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:48 pm

» peacekeepers apprantly get a c'tax win?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:14 am

» Can I Complete The Food Circle
by urchinatheart Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:46 am

» Council tax and summons for arrest
by LionsShare Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:44 pm

» THIS IS THE ONE ?
by schist Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:04 pm

» Garden Share
by assassin Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:37 pm

» Serial Posty been awarded £10'000 for a fake bite
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:23 pm

» The new ruling, lie-ability order
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:04 pm

by schist Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:00 pm

» DVLA [Hick] Does It Work [Hick] ?
by Miss Kermit Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 pm

» know who you are volume ??
by daveiron Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:38 pm

» Hopefully A Success
by daveiron Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:28 pm

» Most Complete Bank Giro Credit
by LionsShare Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:06 pm

» Knowing our Lawful rights
by daveiron Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:05 am

» More Illegal Immigrants
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:43 pm

» SAR dispute
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:32 pm

» There goes Ireland, his off.
by midnight Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:07 pm

» Call to the DVLA
by urchinatheart Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:36 pm

Moon phases

Be Security Aware

Go down

Be Security Aware Empty Be Security Aware

Post by assassin Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:32 pm

How many people get into a routine in their daily lives where they take things for granted, one of them being security in what they do, perhaps most people.

How many people still leave a door key outside, under a brick, doormat, or plant pot; WHY? it only takes a thief to see this and they are into your property WITHOUT breaking in, if you are at work, out shopping, or doing something you regularly do then simply watching you puts you at risk, and how many people still hang a door key on a string inside the letterbox so it can be reached from outside.

You are uninsured if this happens under an insurance contractual clause.

How many people leave their downstairs windows open during the day, it may just be a top opener, but a thief can simply reach in and open a larger window to gain entry, and how many people have lockable windows, yet leave the keys in the window locks, or leave the key on a windowsill, all a thief needs is a magnet with string tied to it and they drop the magnet into an open top opener and they have your key attached to the magnet which they can pull out and unlock a window.

How many people have a unit of some kind inside their front door, they lock their car and come in and throw their keys onto the unit top and leave them there, in many cases people have a side window and a thief comes along and can see them, at night they can lift your letterbox and with a small light which they shine through, they can see them and come equipped with a long wire or even a fishing rod with a magnet or hook and they fish through your letterbox and hook them, you wake up to find your car gone. How many people actually leave their front door unlocked and a thief opens it and grabs your keys.
How many people fill up their vehicle at a petrol station and leave there cars unlocked and often with their keys in the ignition, and go off to pay for their fuel, they look out of the window and see their cars being driven away, and lets be under no illusions here, no theif cares about the damage to your car and how they do it; similarly, how many unlocked cars have a laptop, PDA, or mobile phone left inside them and a thief simply leans in and grabs them and runs off.

You are uninsured if this happens under an insurance contractual clause.

Social media is a blight to many of us and for good reason, in many cases people use it to brag about their wealth or latest bling they have acquired, they often post pictures online of themselves and family and often taken inside and outside a property, these pictures contain all sorts of information to a thief and they are more concerned with what they can see in the background, perhaps a couple of expensive computers, a new state of the art TV, or even credit cards ot other assets. Such scams have become big business and teams of thieves now operate across the world and have teams of people in rented offices watching and selecting people on social media sites in numerous worldwide locations and scour background information in posted pictures for information to use, they collate this and often sell it on in blocks to various criminals.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words, this is very true, a set of photographs inside your home can give away a lot of information, contents such as TV's, computers, a layout, alarm details such as make and model from a keypad, car keys in a specific location, ad hoc items such as toys to credit cards, and many other things as to your identity and what you have as regards stealable assets and even if you have a dog or not, and what type of dog it is.
Outside a set of pictures can contain details such as car registrations, a house number, an outside layout where they can watch you while being hidden themselves, and all this is usable information which they use to collate and form a picture and a plan to steal from you, they will steal tangiable assets fairly easily but it is the non tangiable asstes which cause the problems as with sufficient (and very little) information they can steal your identity. Many houses in an area come in distinctive styles, they simply find which style of house is in which area, they can use street view to identify your location, or a DVLA enquiry check on a vehicle registration to find an address and street view to verify the information.
Next we have what you post online, and many people give away so much information about themselves, they are going to Bermuda on holiday for three weeks, they have a family party and will be away from home from 7pm until fater midnight gives a lot away and a thief a time when they know a property will be empty.

I was recently removed from a site as I didn't, and wouldn't post pictures, hey their loss, but because they had a core of members who posted their life in pictures and this included a lot of expensive equipment they tried the peer pressure angle and the site moderaators began targetting me as I wouldn't comply with their demands for me to post pictures, after being removed from the site two of their members suffered break ins and lost a lot of expensive equipment, karma I say, but hey they couldn't control me or force me to comply with their demands, but I wasn't robbed and two of them were.

assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum