The GOODF Approach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» large Solar storms heading to earth as we speak
by assassin Today at 4:06 am

» Astra Zeneca
by assassin Yesterday at 4:55 am

» At last.
by daveiron Thu May 09, 2024 6:53 am

» Know who you are
by LionsShare Wed May 08, 2024 1:24 pm

» hmrc bond
by LionsShare Tue May 07, 2024 9:56 am

» Chainsaws 1
by assassin Sat May 04, 2024 5:07 am

» Supply What Does It Mean?
by LionsShare Thu May 02, 2024 11:45 am

» Speed ticket Is This The Way To Go?
by flyingfish Wed May 01, 2024 10:11 pm

» DSAR
by brownowl Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:15 pm

» Council Tax questions we should all be asking
by LionsShare Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:20 am

» Whats In A Name?
by LionsShare Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:49 pm

» The infamous DP continus
by Biggiebest Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:20 pm

» Purchased Used car, thew con rod after 4 weeks, 40,000mi on clock, can we get out of the finance?
by assassin Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:19 am

» C'Tax & The Bradbury Pound System
by flyingfish Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:21 pm

» Warranty issues
by brownowl Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:05 pm

» Smart Meter and Pre Pay Meter remedy
by daveiron Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:29 am

» are they feeling the pinch...?
by pitano1 Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:19 pm

» Fruit
by assassin Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:36 am

» Are Lowell getting desperate ?
by waylander62 Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:08 pm

» Electric Vehicles
by assassin Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:57 am

» Water charges
by daveiron Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:36 am

» 20 mph speed limit enforcable????
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:26 pm

» Allotments
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:54 am

» Energy debt
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:49 am

» HO HO HO not that shinning or with clean hands !!!!!!
by Lopsum Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:04 pm

» Psychological Operation - Evidence on more fraud
by Lopsum Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:00 pm

» Allodial Title
by urchinatheart Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Grow Potatoes
by Mrblue2015 Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:18 am

» Feed Yourself For Less
by assassin Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:23 pm

» New GOODF - small account closed upon Notice 3
by RaspberryBlu Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:02 pm

» DWP
by daveiron Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:23 am

» LGA1888 sect79 sub2
by urchinatheart Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:15 am

» Know Who You Are Even More Volumes To Come
by LionsShare Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:24 am

» Woke, Nimbys, Snowflakes and idiots
by urchinatheart Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:09 am

» Never Buy Seeds Again
by assassin Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:14 pm

» Ovo bank giro?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:07 pm

» Is your car a government remote controled car???
by Lopsum Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:48 pm

» peacekeepers apprantly get a c'tax win?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:14 am

» Can I Complete The Food Circle
by urchinatheart Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:46 am

» Council tax and summons for arrest
by LionsShare Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:44 pm

» THIS IS THE ONE ?
by schist Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:04 pm

» Garden Share
by assassin Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:37 pm

» Serial Posty been awarded £10'000 for a fake bite
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:23 pm

» The new ruling, lie-ability order
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:04 pm

by schist Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:00 pm

» DVLA [Hick] Does It Work [Hick] ?
by Miss Kermit Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 pm

» know who you are volume ??
by daveiron Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:38 pm

» Hopefully A Success
by daveiron Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:28 pm

» Most Complete Bank Giro Credit
by LionsShare Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:06 pm

» Knowing our Lawful rights
by daveiron Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:05 am

» More Illegal Immigrants
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:43 pm

» SAR dispute
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:32 pm

» There goes Ireland, his off.
by midnight Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:07 pm

» Call to the DVLA
by urchinatheart Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:36 pm

» BEWARE OF TSB BANK
by daveiron Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:53 am

Moon phases

Private residential underground parking charge notice

+4
assassin
daveiron
LionsShare
tattyboggle
8 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Private residential underground parking charge notice - Page 3 Empty Re: Private residential underground parking charge notice

Post by tattyboggle Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:23 pm

daveiron wrote:Here you are ; they are vat registered ,even if its zero rated they must
provide a vat invoice
VAT no 278651756

https://ukparkingsolution.co.uk/

The ambiguity around the issue of supplying a VAT invoice, from what I've researched is in the Value Added Tax Regs 1995.
(a)makes a taxable supply in the United Kingdom to a taxable person

Does this not mean both have to be registered for VAT, otherwise they have no legal obligation to provide one?

Obligation to provide a VAT invoice

13. —

(1) Save as otherwise provided in these Regulations, where a registered person—

(a)makes a taxable supply in the United Kingdom to a taxable person, or
(b)makes a supply of goods or services other than an exempt supply to a person in another member State, or
(c)receives a payment on account in respect of a supply he has made or intends to make from a person in another member State,
he shall provide such persons as are mentioned above with a VAT invoice.

(2) The particulars of the VAT chargeable on a supply of goods described in paragraph 7 of Schedule 4 to the Act shall be provided, on a sale by auction, by the auctioneer, and, where the sale is otherwise than by auction, by the person selling the goods, on a document containing the particulars prescribed in regulation 14(1); and such a document issued to the buyer shall be treated for the purposes of paragraph (1)(a) above as a VAT invoice provided by the person by whom the goods are deemed to be supplied in accordance with the said paragraph 7.

(3) Where a registered person provides a document to himself which purports to be a VAT invoice in respect of a supply of goods or services to him by another taxable person registered in the United Kingdom, that document may, with the approval of the Commissioners, be treated as the VAT invoice required to be provided by the supplier under paragraph (1)(a) above.

(4) Where the person who makes a supply to which regulation 93 relates gives an authenticated receipt containing the particulars required under regulation 14(1) to be specified in a VAT invoice in respect of that supply, that document shall be treated as the VAT invoice required to be provided under paragraph (1)(a) above on condition that no VAT invoice or similar document which was intended to be or could be construed as being a VAT invoice for the supply to which the receipt relates is issued.

(5) The documents specified in paragraphs (1), (2), (3) and (4) above shall be provided within 30 days of the time when the supply is treated as taking place under section 6 of the Act, or within such longer period as the Commissioners may allow in general or special directions.

tattyboggle
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Private residential underground parking charge notice - Page 3 Empty Re: Private residential underground parking charge notice

Post by daveiron Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:52 pm

Heavy reading. Maybe a phone call to your local vat office and just ask.

As BOEVAT is based on this concept ,they must have researched it.
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

assassin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsShare Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:52 am

There is a threshold of about £85k (2018/19), when over that the corporation in question, LLC or not has to register for VAT, so if its a car park company I would imagine they will be VAT reg'd, if not & over the 85 limit they will be taxed at 20% extra on thier turn over on top of the corporate tax paid.

As you have the name of the origonal company why not look on companies house web site & get thier last accounts? It will cost a small fee. Its just an idea. If you get the accounts you will see if VAT has been paid or not.
LionsShare
LionsShare

assassin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:14 am

Take a look at sec 5.1 & 5.5
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/record-keeping-for-vat-notice-70021#vat-invoices-detailed-rules
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

assassin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingfish Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:52 am

tattyboggle wrote:
daveiron wrote:Here you are ; they are vat registered ,even if its zero rated they must
provide a vat invoice
VAT no 278651756
https://ukparkingsolution.co.uk/

The ambiguity around the issue of supplying a VAT invoice, from what I've researched is in the Value Added Tax Regs 1995.
(a)makes a taxable supply in the United Kingdom to a taxable person

Does this not mean both have to be registered for VAT, otherwise they have no legal obligation to provide one?
There's no ambiguity, that's exactly what it means.  This is used for example by some Internet providers to distinguish residential from business services, they will not provide a VAT invoice to a residential customer.  Aside from that you need to understand that penalties, compensation and damages are "outside the scope of VAT" which is different from zero rated.

See here for guidance on VAT vs parking penalty charges https://www.gov.uk/hmrc-internal-manuals/vat-supply-and-consideration/vatsc06140

So the only way a parking company is obliged to send a VAT invoice would be if the recipient is VAT registered, and you managed to argue that it's not a penalty, it's actually a fee to allow you to park.  That latter point isn't impossible, I've seen some stupid signage from private parking companies.

flyingfish
dedicated
dedicated

assassin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsShare Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:48 pm

mmmm interesting? From the above link:

Excess charges for car parking

In determining whether excess charges are to be treated as further consideration for a taxable supply of services, it is as important to consider the contractual relationship between the parties as well as the statutory regime under which the services were supplied.
LionsShare
LionsShare

daveiron and assassin like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingfish Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:12 pm

Exactly.  As an example a stupidly worded sign might be read as giving permission for you to abuse a disabled bay, so long as you pay the charge.  Rather than prohibiting use, with the charge as a penalty for non-compliance.

Another thought, if the signs say it's prohibited, there can't be any contractual agreement.  You can't agree to do something that is also said to be prohibited.  Parking companies should have sorted all this out years ago, however it may be worth mentioning that IPC are nowhere near on the ball compared to BPA.

Has the signage actually been checked?

(edit for stupid typos)

flyingfish
dedicated
dedicated

assassin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsShare Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:29 pm

flyingfish wrote: if the signs say it's prohibited, there can't be any contractual agreement.  You can't agree to do something that is also said to be prohibited.
Agreed you cannot be 'licensed' to commit 'crime'.
LionsShare
LionsShare

assassin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:49 pm

May be of interest;

https://boevat.org.uk/confusion-over-vat/
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingfish Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:30 pm

I think they misunderstand the meaning of "outside the scope of VAT". The toaster in their example is not outside the scope. However they claim successes, so maybe they are able to persuade a court of their view.  I would be surprised as the actual law is not that difficult to understand.

As for an individual having to account for VAT, I can't even see what they could possibly mean.  Account for it in what sense?  Is someone going to come and demand how much VAT I've paid over the last X years, and demand to see invoices to back that figure up?  Entirely different for a VAT registered business where HMRC may want proof that they've received all the VAT their due (output VAT), and the company hasn't claimed back VAT their not entitled to (input).

flyingfish
dedicated
dedicated

assassin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:50 am

I ran my company for over 30 years, Not once in all that time when i
asked for a vat receipt was any question raised,they were just issued
as a matter of course.
It raises the question why are parking companies in general & not just this
one refusing to supply them. It is after all an offer of conditional acceptance,
" You provide a vat receipt,i will pay" instead of simply providing a receipt and
getting paid ,they would rather go to all the extreems of debt collectors, bailiffs
etc. Why?
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Lopsum and LionsShare like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:07 am

I know this is old ,I just went on bitschute and ceylon had just downloaded
this.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/CagwFuK5lplq/
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

LionsShare likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsShare Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:38 am

It might be the position to argue what contractual conditions have to be met in order to give discharge? - Plaintiff prove.......
LionsShare
LionsShare

daveiron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tattyboggle Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:01 pm

Many thanks for the links above and further reading.

flyingfish:
The signage has not been checked, its a fair distance to travel to go check it.

https://www.gov.uk/hmrc-internal-manuals/vat-supply-and-consideration/vatsc05840

Car Park Charges
If the contract under which car parking is supplied allows for an extension of the original terms, for which additional consideration is payable, the liability of this consideration follows that of the original supply. However, where a car park operator makes an offer of parking under clear terms and conditions, setting punitive fines for their breach, the fines constitute penalties for breaching the contract, rather than additional consideration for using the facilities. Consequently, they are outside the scope of VAT.

Am I correct in saying that even if you are VAT registered a PCN is outside the scope of VAT and therefore they have no obligation to provide one?

Further
Schedule 4 of The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012.
"5)The maximum sum which may be recovered from the keeper by virtue of the right conferred by this paragraph is the amount specified in the notice to keeper under paragraph 8(2)(c) or (d) or, as the case may be, 9(2)(d) (less any payments towards the unpaid parking charges which are received after the time so specified)."

Therefore parking companies have no right to pass data on to debt collectors and attempt to charge additional fees?

Am I correct in concluding that Boevat process is flawed?

tattyboggle
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingfish Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:06 pm

tattyboggle wrote:Am I correct in saying that even if you are VAT registered a PCN is outside the scope of VAT and therefore they have no obligation to provide one?
That's my understanding.
tattyboggle wrote:"5)The maximum sum which may be recovered from the keeper by virtue of the right conferred by this paragraph is the amount specified in the notice to keeper under paragraph 8(2)(c) or (d) or, as the case may be, 9(2)(d) (less any payments towards the unpaid parking charges which are received after the time so specified)."

Therefore parking companies have no right to pass data on to debt collectors and attempt to charge additional fees?
So POFA gave companies the right to pursue the keeper of a vehicle rather than only being able to claim from the driver.  4(5) means is that they can't claim any more from the keeper than they would have claimed from the driver.  In your case I think you said they put a ticket on the windscreen (Notice to Driver), which presumably you ignored.  So in due course the could have sent a "Notice to Keeper" to the registered keeper, but 4(5) says that this can't claim a higher penalty that the preceding NTD.  That doesn't mean that you shouldn't challenge every single figure in the event that they go to court. Parking companies are notorious for trying it on.  And while we're on the subject if you have all their paperwork then why not check they've complied with the POFA requirements?  If they haven't they can only pursue the driver, and hopefully nothing you've said to them confirmed who was driving at the time.
Am I correct in concluding that Boevat process is flawed?
In my opinion, yes.

Others disagree, but you're checking in some detail so can form your own opinion I'm sure.

flyingfish
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by tattyboggle Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:45 pm

Thanks flyingfish.
I didn't confirm being the driver but started the Boevat process as advised on this site. So sent them an offer to pay on the production of a proper formatted invoice after they sent a notice to keeper demanding £100.

So this leaves me with the issue of DBLC and the other DCAs all trying to get an extra £60 for admin.

My thoughts after research is they are committing fraud by attempting to get more money. They have no legal right to pursue any case until a judgement has been made and a further payment made to the courts to engage bailiffs.
Further 4(5) states they can't claim any more from the keeper than they would have claimed from the driver.

They're arguments that they can be involved, and as they are adhering to the International parking Community they can charge £60 seems like b*llocks as IPC are not the law and cannot enforce their opinion by claiming legislation is subordinate to their membership of IPC.

Having watched Dave Ward's video on Parking Charges? This is so much more! Consent of the Governed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otOvAymtO6M&t=24s

In this video he shows the Seven Principles of Public Office, which he claims includes debt collectors. So DBLC, being high court enforcers, are bound by the above?
Can't find info on debt collectors bound by the Seven Principles of Public Office. Anyone help here?
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-7-principles-of-public-life/the-7-principles-of-public-life--2

Last edited by assassin on Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Language)

tattyboggle
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingfish Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:36 pm

tattyboggle wrote:My thoughts after research is they are committing fraud by attempting to get more money. They have no legal right to pursue any case until a judgement has been made and a further payment made to the courts to engage bailiffs.
Without a court judgement they can't do any more than "ask" for money, and you could well be right that they aren't entitled to add fees at this stage.

flyingfish
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Private residential underground parking charge notice - Page 3 Empty census form

Post by QUEENISABELLA Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:29 pm

thanks dave and every body best laugh iv,e had for along time CHEERS

QUEENISABELLA
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:05 am

1. The Seven Principles of Public Life

The Seven Principles of Public Life (also known as the Nolan Principles) apply to anyone who works as a public office-holder. This includes all those who are elected or appointed to public office, nationally and locally, and all people appointed to work in the Civil Service, local government, the police, courts and probation services, non-departmental public bodies (NDPBs), and in the health, education, social and care services. All public office-holders are both servants of the public and stewards of public resources. The principles also apply to all those in other sectors delivering public services.
1.1 Selflessness

Holders of public office should act solely in terms of the public interest.
1.2 Integrity

Holders of public office must avoid placing themselves under any obligation to people or organisations that might try inappropriately to influence them in their work. They should not act or take decisions in order to gain financial or other material benefits for themselves, their family, or their friends. They must declare and resolve any interests and relationships.
1.3 Objectivity

Holders of public office must act and take decisions impartially, fairly and on merit, using the best evidence and without discrimination or bias.
1.4 Accountability

Holders of public office are accountable to the public for their decisions and actions and must submit themselves to the scrutiny necessary to ensure this.
1.5 Openness

Holders of public office should act and take decisions in an open and transparent manner. Information should not be withheld from the public unless there are clear and lawful reasons for so doing.
1.6 Honesty

Holders of public office should be truthful.
1.7 Leadership

Holders of public office should exhibit these principles in their own behaviour. They should actively promote and robustly support the principles and be willing to challenge poor behaviour wherever it occurs.
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

Mrblue2015 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tattyboggle Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:44 pm

Apologies if this post appears twice as the first didn’t seem to appear and a few changes. And a bit of a long, but hopefully educational read.

Thanks for all the support, links, guidance and collaboration throughout this post.
Education is power and this has certainly been educational.

In summery BOEVAT. (just my conclusion)

PNCs, other than a charge for overstay, are outside the scope of VAT.
Obligation to provide VAT invoice only to VAT registered taxpayer.
Companies have no obligation to issue VAT invoice for sums up to and including £100. Even if they do not include VAT on the invoice it is presumed to include VAT if it’s from a VAT registered company.

This information collated through HMRC and associated links.

Wet signatures

Bills of Exchange Act 1882
23 Signature essential to liability.
No person is liable as drawer, indorser, or acceptor of a bill who has not signed it as such: Provided that
(1)Where a person signs a bill in a trade or assumed name, he is liable thereon as if he had signed it in his own name:
(2)The signature of the name of a firm is equivalent to the signature by the person so signing of the names of all persons liable as partners in that firm.
Further
It is confirmed by article 25(1) of EU Regulation No 910/2014. This provides that “[a]n electronic signature shall not be denied legal effect and admissibility as evidence in legal proceedings solely on the grounds that it is in an electronic form…” (and pursuant to the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018, s 3(1), will remain part of English law after the United Kingdom’s withdrawal from the EU). In addition, electronic signatures are admissible in evidence pursuant to section 7 of the Electronic Communications Act 2000.

Ref: https://www.wilberforce.co.uk/when-is-a-signature-not-a-signature-the-law-commission-report-on-the-electronic-execution-of-documents/

The maximum recoverable from the keeper is the amount specified in the notice to keeper.
"5)The maximum sum which may be recovered from the keeper by virtue of the right conferred by this paragraph is the amount specified in the notice to keeper under paragraph 8(2)(c) or (d) or, as the case may be, 9(2)(d) (less any payments towards the unpaid parking charges which are received after the time so specified)."

DCAs, pre trail have no right to intervene, they have no right to take legal action and no right to demand money above the amount stated on the notice to keeper as defined above.
Even the IPC code of practice states :
22.2 Operators cannot sell the Parking Charge to a third-party company.

Ignoring them, pre trial, has worked and I’m on my forth, they just pass it on to another.
From my experience the process is:
The operator must issue a pre action notice.
Take the matter to the small claims.
If the judgment goes against you, you’ll have around 14 days to pay, probably include court costs.
Only if you continue to refuse payment, the operator has to then pay additional fees to the small claims court to instruct court bailiffs to collect. They cannot under IPC rules sell the debt to a third party.
If it gets to pre action notice I might just send a lengthy complaint about intimidation and bullying and offer to pay the bloody £100 quoting Schedule 4 of The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012. (5) and their involvement in debt collectors pre trial demands of breaching The Seven Principles of Public Life, or look for an alternative defence. I will not use BOEVAT, I think its too full of holes and not solid enough to risk additional court fees.

DCAs such as DCBL Ltd claim to be high court enforcers and therefore, I believe, clearly come under The Seven Principles of Public Life as they are appointed to the courts.

“This includes all those who are elected or appointed to public office, nationally and locally, and all people appointed to work in the Civil Service, local government, the police, courts and probation services, non-departmental public bodies (NDPBs), and in the health, education, social and care services.”

This raises the question are they in breach of this on all counts?
(see assassin post above for list)

Yet they are trying, pre trial and judgement against you, to obtain further funds, not for the operator but for themselves. Despite their claims they are acting in accordance to IPC, I would argue The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 is not subordinate to the IPC. Ignorance is no defence!
In fact the IPC states
3.1 The Code is designed to compliment the laws, which apply to the parking industry. It is member’s responsibility to ensure they adhere to all relevant legal provisions.

Not bloody overrule it!

Ref: https://theipc.info/brandings/2/resources/documents/Code%20of%20Practice%20v7.pdf

Under English law, misconduct in public office is a criminal offence at common law which dates back to the 13th century.[2][3]
The offence carries a maximum penalty of life imprisonment. It is confined to those who are public office holders, and is committed when the office holder acts (or neglects to act) in a way that constitutes a breach of the duties of that office.[4]
The Crown Prosecution Service guidelines on this offence[2] say that the elements of the offence are when:
1. A public officer acting as such.
2. Wilfully neglects to perform one's duty and/or wilfully misconducts oneself.
3. To such a degree as to amount to an abuse of the public's trust in the office holder.[5]
4. Without reasonable excuse or justification.
The similarly-named misfeasance in public office is a tort. In the House of Lords judgement on the BCCI case, it was held that this had three essential elements:[6]
1. The defendant must be a public officer
2. The defendant must have been exercising his power as a public officer
3. The defendant is either exercising targeted malice or exceeding his powers
"Misconduct in public office" is often but inaccurately rendered as "misconduct in a public office", which has a different meaning.
Ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malfeasance_in_office

Tort: regardless of whether the parties have a contract.
Importantly, It can include intentional infliction of emotional distress, negligence, financial losses, injuries, invasion of privacy, and many other things.

A tort, in common law jurisdiction, is a civil wrong[1] (other than breach of contract) that causes a claimant to suffer loss or harm, resulting in legal liability for the person who commits the tortious act. It can include intentional infliction of emotional distress, negligence, financial losses, injuries, invasion of privacy, and many other things.
Tort law involves claims in an action seeking to obtain a private civil remedy, typically money damages. Tort claims may be compared to criminal law, which deals with criminal wrongs that are punishable by the state. A wrongful act, such as an assault and battery, may result in both a civil lawsuit and a criminal prosecution in countries where the civil and criminal legal systems are separate. Tort law may also be contrasted with contract law, which also provides civil remedies after breach of a duty that arises from a contract; but whereas the contractual obligation is one agreed to by the parties, obligations in both tort and criminal law are more fundamental and are imposed regardless of whether the parties have a contract.[citation needed]In both contract and tort, successful claimants must show that they have suffered foreseeable loss or harm as a direct result of the breach of duty.[note 1][note 2]

Misfeasance in public office is a cause of action in the civil courts of England and Wales and certain Commonwealthcountries. It is an action against the holder of a public office, alleging in essence that the office-holder has misused or abused their power.[1] The tort can be traced back to 1703 when Chief Justice Sir John Holt decided that a landowner could sue a police constable who deprived him of his right to vote (Ashby v White).[2] The tort was revived in 1985 when it was used so that French turkey producers could sue the Ministry of Agriculture over a dispute that harmed their sales.
Generally, a civil defendant will be liable for misfeasance if the defendant owed a duty of care toward the plaintiff, the defendant breached that duty of care by improperly performing a legal act, and the improper performance resulted in harm to the plaintiff.
In theory, misfeasance is distinct from nonfeasance. Nonfeasance is a failure to act that results in harm to another party. Misfeasance, by contrast, is some affirmative act that, though legal, causes harm. In practice, the distinction is confusing and uninstructive. Courts often have difficulty determining whether harm resulted from a failure to act or from an act that was improperly performed.

I hope this has been useful in drawing your own conclusions and clarifying some points raised.

tattyboggle
Not so newb
Not so newb

daveiron, LionsShare and Sharpysparky like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsShare Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:13 pm

wow a lot of research & I hope its correct. Parking tickets I have had in the past have all been council related & so in theory are IMO easier to get rid. Have not had come back on any yet for me. Have used BOEVAT in my correspondences no probs, but this now throws a whole new light on things for me so will have to research further.
LionsShare
LionsShare

Back to top Go down

Post by tattyboggle Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:01 pm

ps

Took a little legal advice from a barrister.
" If they don't have a CCJ and this is private land then they cannot use a baiiffs at all.
To enforce this they will need a CCJ.
They can get debt collectors to write and call but no bailiff can be despatched to enforce this.

It is no different from any other civil claim.
They need a CCJ to enforce.
Local council fines are quite different."

tattyboggle
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsShare Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:22 pm

what about demanding a VATed invoice as part of your counter claim? As in - I will pay.... to you if you provide me with a VATed invoice etc?

just an idea?
LionsShare
LionsShare

Back to top Go down

Post by tattyboggle Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:41 pm

LionsShare wrote:what about demanding a VATed invoice as part of your counter claim? As in - I will pay.... to you if you provide me with a VATed invoice etc?

just an idea?

That is the basis of BOEVAT and how it all started. They have already been offered that as settlement which they refused.

tattyboggle
Not so newb
Not so newb

LionsShare likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:04 am

If requested a VAT certificate must be issued, irrespective of whether the company is VAT registered, if not VAT registered it should show the rate of VAT as NIL.
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

daveiron and LionsShare like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum