The GOODF Approach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Know who you are
by LionsShare Sun May 05, 2024 5:54 pm

» Chainsaws 1
by assassin Sat May 04, 2024 5:07 am

» Supply What Does It Mean?
by LionsShare Thu May 02, 2024 11:45 am

» Speed ticket Is This The Way To Go?
by flyingfish Wed May 01, 2024 10:11 pm

» DSAR
by brownowl Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:15 pm

» Council Tax questions we should all be asking
by LionsShare Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:20 am

» Whats In A Name?
by LionsShare Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:49 pm

» The infamous DP continus
by Biggiebest Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:20 pm

» Purchased Used car, thew con rod after 4 weeks, 40,000mi on clock, can we get out of the finance?
by assassin Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:19 am

» C'Tax & The Bradbury Pound System
by flyingfish Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:21 pm

» Warranty issues
by brownowl Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:05 pm

» Smart Meter and Pre Pay Meter remedy
by daveiron Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:29 am

» are they feeling the pinch...?
by pitano1 Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:19 pm

» Fruit
by assassin Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:36 am

» Are Lowell getting desperate ?
by waylander62 Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:08 pm

» Electric Vehicles
by assassin Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:57 am

» Water charges
by daveiron Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:36 am

» 20 mph speed limit enforcable????
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:26 pm

» Allotments
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:54 am

» Energy debt
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:49 am

» HO HO HO not that shinning or with clean hands !!!!!!
by Lopsum Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:04 pm

» Psychological Operation - Evidence on more fraud
by Lopsum Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:00 pm

» Allodial Title
by urchinatheart Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Grow Potatoes
by Mrblue2015 Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:18 am

» Feed Yourself For Less
by assassin Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:23 pm

» New GOODF - small account closed upon Notice 3
by RaspberryBlu Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:02 pm

» DWP
by daveiron Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:23 am

» LGA1888 sect79 sub2
by urchinatheart Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:15 am

» Know Who You Are Even More Volumes To Come
by LionsShare Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:24 am

» Woke, Nimbys, Snowflakes and idiots
by urchinatheart Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:09 am

» Never Buy Seeds Again
by assassin Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:14 pm

» Ovo bank giro?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:07 pm

» Is your car a government remote controled car???
by Lopsum Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:48 pm

» peacekeepers apprantly get a c'tax win?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:14 am

» Can I Complete The Food Circle
by urchinatheart Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:46 am

» Council tax and summons for arrest
by LionsShare Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:44 pm

» THIS IS THE ONE ?
by schist Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:04 pm

» Garden Share
by assassin Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:37 pm

» Serial Posty been awarded £10'000 for a fake bite
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:23 pm

» The new ruling, lie-ability order
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:04 pm

by schist Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:00 pm

» DVLA [Hick] Does It Work [Hick] ?
by Miss Kermit Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 pm

» know who you are volume ??
by daveiron Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:38 pm

» Hopefully A Success
by daveiron Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:28 pm

» Most Complete Bank Giro Credit
by LionsShare Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:06 pm

» Knowing our Lawful rights
by daveiron Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:05 am

» More Illegal Immigrants
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:43 pm

» SAR dispute
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:32 pm

» There goes Ireland, his off.
by midnight Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:07 pm

» Call to the DVLA
by urchinatheart Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:36 pm

» BEWARE OF TSB BANK
by daveiron Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:53 am

» Help / Advice needed on ongoing neighbour harassment
by memegirl777 Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:51 pm

» United Kingdom? Really?
by assassin Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:17 pm

» DWP and HMRC alleged debts
by assassin Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:20 pm

» HSBC advice please.
by Trishiapp28 Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:36 am

Moon phases

Am I missing something ?

4 posters

Go down

Am I missing something ? Empty Am I missing something ?

Post by daveiron Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:47 pm

Please someone tell me if I am missing something.

The entire criminal justice system is based upon the presumption of innocence until proven otherwise
'beyond reasonable doubt' .Many times we have seen people acquitted due to lack of evidence, this means
the prosecution had insufficient evidence to rebut the presumption of innocence.

The civil justice system operates solely upon contract law ,although the burden of proof drops to the
'balance of probability' ,it is still very much based upon presumption. The burden of proof still lies with
the claimant.
The whole issue revolves around the terms of the contract or agreement, nothing more.
Someone posted today that they lost in court when the judge asked " Do you dispute having an account
and defaulting on it ?" Clearly the judge was making a presumption ,which I guess went unrebutted and
therefor stood.

Petesomething used the argument successfully in court that the terms stated that if he would no longer
be able to pay there would no longer be a debt ( or some such argument) he won because in the absence
of the original agreement or a copy thereof they were unable to rebut his presumption and therefor it stood.

It is a universal maxim of law ,that an unrebutted presumption stands.
That is also why when I get my monthly begging letter from PRA ,I always rebut their presumption that
I owe them a debt and do not leave it unrebutted.

Now if I am missing something obvious please let me know.

daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Am I missing something ? Empty Re: Am I missing something ?

Post by LionsShare Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:07 pm

makes sense to me DI. I always put in when paying utilities that if there is a lack of documentation to back up what they state then it must stand as truth.
LionsShare
LionsShare

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:46 pm

Thats it mate, if you make the presumption ,they must rebut with evidence.
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrblue2015 Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:08 pm

daveiron wrote:Thats it mate, if you make the presumption ,they must rebut with evidence.

Makes sense to me otherwise it’s just their word against yours which, as we know, would never stand in court.
Mrblue2015
Mrblue2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrblue2015 Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:09 pm

LionsShare wrote:makes sense to me DI. I always put in when paying utilities that if there is a lack of documentation to back up what they  state then it must stand as truth.

Makes sense too LS (your approach)
Mrblue2015
Mrblue2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevro Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:26 pm

This is my case and comment you're talking about. You have plenty of advice on here that is purported to work, but if a judge asks you if you got 'credit', had an account, made payments, stopped making payments etc etc, you can either lie or tell the truth. I was not prepared to lie.

I've commented on my personal experience as I believe many people of here should know what happens in real life.

This sounds very vague... Petesomething used the argument successfully in court that the terms stated that if he would no longer
be able to pay there would no longer be a debt ( or some such argument.

On the other hand, my case is more detailed.

As I said, the amount of people on here and throughout the UK who now live in homes they got for free speak volumes. That amount is zero.

An error in your T&Cs or improper process may win your case but failure to produce an original agreement won't in my experience last month in a UK court.

Have a go arguing securitisation in court and let me know how you get on. Securitisation is well-known and is not illegal. If someone buys your contract and payments from it, this is simply (but possibly immorally) managed by the bank.

This forum argues that we created the contract and therefore own it. I have begged for proof of this but it has never been forthcoming. The reason is that it isn't true. We create an IOU. A promissory note. We do not create credit or money.

A judge will look at your account balance/payments and make a decision based on that. If you want to rebut that, YOU WILL NEED TO LIE IN COURT.

The 3 letters do work, and I'm £50k ahead out of £56k after almost three years, so all good. But they work because there are easier targets to go after i.e. those who admit their debt.

It was unfairly argued that I didn't argue my case properly as I tried to submit evidence on the day which wasn't accepted, hence negating my points on the 3 letters. This is a twisting of the facts, as I did submit a defence initially, just had refined it. My defence based on years of research was still heard.

In summary, the judge said - you got credit, you paid for a while, then stopped paying owing £5k. You need to pay.

I'l await comments but would appreciate ones from all those living mortgage-free due their success as the banks failed to produce their original contracts in court.

Stevro
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:07 am

What you created was a negotiable instrument,the clue is in the name . Did you ask for the note or a copy,
did you ask who is the holder in due course. or why they are unable to produce it ?
Did you ask if HSBC hold full rights and title to the note ?
No one is telling you to lie in court .
Instead the judge has made a decision despite there being no agreement or T&C's produced.
Petesomething's thread is still here if you care to look for it.

Why are you bringing mortgages into this.It has become clear from the tone of your posts since
the hearing that you are still bitter and looking to proportion blame elsewhere. If as you say you have done
years of research ,why did you even need help here ? The letters still work but no one has ever said
they work 100% of the time.
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrblue2015 Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:18 am

daveiron wrote: It has become clear from the tone of your posts since
the hearing that you are still bitter and looking to proportion blame elsewhere. If as you say you have done
years of research ,why did you even need help here ? The letters still work but no one has ever said
they work 100% of the time.

Stevro I totally agreed with DI. And it’s nothing personal Stevro, but surely you must see that’s how you’re coming across to at least two well experienced moderators...
Mrblue2015
Mrblue2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevro Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:52 pm

daveiron wrote:If as you say you have done
years of research ,why did you even need help here ?

And you're questioning my tone?

I 'need help' since you ask as I'm chasing facts. The word facts being key here. You say the letters don't work all the time. Sounds like you should be the ones looking for help otherwise they would work 100% of the time. We're all here with the same goal but it appears you guys can't take any criticism. The only threads I get an instant and detailed response to are the critical ones.

Apologies that I'd like answers that can be used in court, I already know what a high opinion you have of the three letters. That can't be used in court.

I'll have to defer to your superior knowledge. You've made that abundantly clear. You say the inability to produce an original contract will most of the time win your case, so everyone's mostly safe here. I was just one of the unfortunate ones who asked to see the original contract and was told by a judge it was not required. I thought pointing it out to warn others and possibly help might be a good idea but it was shot down with claims of incorrect procedure and most recently that I'm a troll or a bank spy.

My name is Steven Workman. I'm a creative director and can be found on LinkedIn. I'm a contributor and supporter of Positive Money. But I guess that could all be fabricated?

I'll now keep my comments to supportive just in case I get ban. Happy?

Stevro
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrblue2015 Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:43 pm

Respectfully, your post demonstrates that you do not understand the purpose of the 3 letter system because if you read them, you would. They do work for their intended purpose which for the Debt Purchaser (DP) to:-

1. Give up
2. Sell on because they know they have no legal basis to their claim (and you repeat the process with the next DP)
3. (Very rare) Engage a solicitor on their behalf although a solicitor is in effect another (debt collection) agent.

Again, read the letters to digest their intended purpose. ..

They are not meant as court papers but they evidence that you have made every effort to remediate and (at least) 3 times.

In the rare case of 3. above, you move on from the 3 letters IF a solicitor explicitly sends you a 'Letter Before Action' (LBA) which forms part of 'Phase 2' (if, say, you refer to the 3 letter system as 'Phase 1') as part of the PRACTICE DIRECTION – PRE-ACTION CONDUCT AND PROTOCOLS (see link below).

They cannot escape the PRACTICE DIRECTION – PRE-ACTION CONDUCT AND PROTOCOLS and part of this process will enable you to (in response to the LBA) request evidence that any alleged debt exists i.e. exactly as is the case in the 3 letters process, only now in a formal capacity, as you are now dealing with a solicitor and within the scope of the PRACTICE DIRECTION – PRE-ACTION CONDUCT AND PROTOCOLS.

Then most DPs give up because they know: -

1) They do NOT have the evidence
2) You (as the person who is being claimed against) can demand the courts 'STAY' until the claimant produces evidence.

Then in all likelihood they'll 'go away...

I hope you're at last clear on where the '3 letter process' sits in all this and the specific intention in relation to the letters which always work in that relation. But the processes (Phase 1 and 2) MUST be followed 'religiously'.

PRACTICE DIRECTION – PRE-ACTION CONDUCT AND PROTOCOLS:

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/pd_pre-action_conduct
Mrblue2015
Mrblue2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevro Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:45 pm

Thanks for the info.

Stevro
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrblue2015 Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:02 pm

No problem.
Mrblue2015
Mrblue2015

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsShare Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:54 pm

After disgussing this with A.N.Other this conclusion has been formulated, its all an opinion. Nothing is to be taken as advice for this.

at the point 'did you have use of the funds/credit?'

The possible best defence in any court situation  -  if you can't answer their question with facts that reflect well on you, then answer with a question. Ideally go through an entire hearing without answering a single question...

The question could be answered with this: "Your honour, do you address that question to the Principal of the account in the matter before the court, or to the Agent...?"

...and the judge will never say you are the Principal, and the Agent is not personally liable for the debts of the account. It is the Principal/ALLCAPS that had use of the credit  -  the Agent does only administrate the usage thereof...

If judge says you are the Agent, then simply ask for the correct paperwork to offset the charge against the ALLCAPS account, because that's all the Agent is expected to do. Is an Agent for TESCO expected to pay TESCO's bills out of his own pocket? No. Why not? He's just the Agent...
LionsShare
LionsShare

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum