The GOODF Approach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» hmrc bond
by LionsShare Today at 9:56 am

» Know who you are
by LionsShare Sun May 05, 2024 5:54 pm

» Chainsaws 1
by assassin Sat May 04, 2024 5:07 am

» Supply What Does It Mean?
by LionsShare Thu May 02, 2024 11:45 am

» Speed ticket Is This The Way To Go?
by flyingfish Wed May 01, 2024 10:11 pm

» DSAR
by brownowl Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:15 pm

» Council Tax questions we should all be asking
by LionsShare Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:20 am

» Whats In A Name?
by LionsShare Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:49 pm

» The infamous DP continus
by Biggiebest Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:20 pm

» Purchased Used car, thew con rod after 4 weeks, 40,000mi on clock, can we get out of the finance?
by assassin Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:19 am

» C'Tax & The Bradbury Pound System
by flyingfish Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:21 pm

» Warranty issues
by brownowl Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:05 pm

» Smart Meter and Pre Pay Meter remedy
by daveiron Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:29 am

» are they feeling the pinch...?
by pitano1 Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:19 pm

» Fruit
by assassin Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:36 am

» Are Lowell getting desperate ?
by waylander62 Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:08 pm

» Electric Vehicles
by assassin Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:57 am

» Water charges
by daveiron Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:36 am

» 20 mph speed limit enforcable????
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:26 pm

» Allotments
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:54 am

» Energy debt
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:49 am

» HO HO HO not that shinning or with clean hands !!!!!!
by Lopsum Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:04 pm

» Psychological Operation - Evidence on more fraud
by Lopsum Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:00 pm

» Allodial Title
by urchinatheart Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Grow Potatoes
by Mrblue2015 Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:18 am

» Feed Yourself For Less
by assassin Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:23 pm

» New GOODF - small account closed upon Notice 3
by RaspberryBlu Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:02 pm

» DWP
by daveiron Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:23 am

» LGA1888 sect79 sub2
by urchinatheart Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:15 am

» Know Who You Are Even More Volumes To Come
by LionsShare Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:24 am

» Woke, Nimbys, Snowflakes and idiots
by urchinatheart Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:09 am

» Never Buy Seeds Again
by assassin Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:14 pm

» Ovo bank giro?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:07 pm

» Is your car a government remote controled car???
by Lopsum Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:48 pm

» peacekeepers apprantly get a c'tax win?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:14 am

» Can I Complete The Food Circle
by urchinatheart Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:46 am

» Council tax and summons for arrest
by LionsShare Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:44 pm

» THIS IS THE ONE ?
by schist Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:04 pm

» Garden Share
by assassin Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:37 pm

» Serial Posty been awarded £10'000 for a fake bite
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:23 pm

» The new ruling, lie-ability order
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:04 pm

by schist Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:00 pm

» DVLA [Hick] Does It Work [Hick] ?
by Miss Kermit Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 pm

» know who you are volume ??
by daveiron Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:38 pm

» Hopefully A Success
by daveiron Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:28 pm

» Most Complete Bank Giro Credit
by LionsShare Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:06 pm

» Knowing our Lawful rights
by daveiron Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:05 am

» More Illegal Immigrants
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:43 pm

» SAR dispute
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:32 pm

» There goes Ireland, his off.
by midnight Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:07 pm

» Call to the DVLA
by urchinatheart Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:36 pm

» BEWARE OF TSB BANK
by daveiron Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:53 am

» Help / Advice needed on ongoing neighbour harassment
by memegirl777 Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:51 pm

» United Kingdom? Really?
by assassin Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:17 pm

» DWP and HMRC alleged debts
by assassin Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:20 pm

Moon phases

Sacked for taking cash from customers

+4
freeland
LionsShare
daveiron
jss64
8 posters

Go down

Sacked for taking cash from customers Empty Sacked for taking cash from customers

Post by jss64 Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:15 pm

Birds Bakery manager sacked for taking cash payments and using her card to pay instead.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/nottingham-news/birds-bakery-manager-sacked-taking-4378325?fbclid=IwAR2x_xrYCkgFDGsfga6ksYkew5YNuXep6xdIIEZaimg6EnUKceQyjYNgch

Birds are not accepting cash from customers during the coronavirus pandemic

A woman who has worked for Birds Bakery for more than 40 years has been sacked after she was found to be taking cash from customers and using her debit card to pay.

Megan Metcalfe says she was dismissed from the company for gross misconduct.

During the Covid crisis Birds has said they are not accepting cash for hygiene reasons and they wanted to minimise any risk to staff and customers.

A lot of customers at the Birds store in Radcliffe-on-Trent where Megan worked are elderly and don't have a card, the 60-year-old of Ruddington said.

To make sure they didn't leave empty-handed, she would ask them to put the money straight into her purse and then put the payment through on her card before showing them the receipt.

The bakery business said it was "with regret" that they had to dismiss Megan because of her actions.

"I realise what I was doing was against company policy. But they had picked up the items and already gotten to the till ready to buy them," Megan told Nottinghamshire Live.

"There's no way I could let an elderly man or woman walk away telling them they could not buy it because they didn't have a card. They had also already handled the stock so that would have to be binned or cleaned."

Megan says she took around £180 of payments in cash and put them through on her card and has kept receipts of the transactions.

She said she was suspended from work for a week with full pay on June 19 and appeared before a disciplinary hearing the week after before being dismissed from the company.

"I was just trying to do the right thing. I am really upset by it of course," she added.

"I worked at Birds for 44 years and 25 of them as a manager.

"I was told I was endangering staff members' lives by doing what I did.

"At no point did money transfer hands. It was straight into my purse and then I put the payment through on card and showed them the receipt.

"I should not have done it but I don't like to let people down and a lot of these customers depend on us, coming to us every day."

Get our top stories sent to you every day
Want us to send you a daily round-up of our biggest stories, and breaking news alerts, direct to your email inbox?

Lesley Bird, chief operating officer at Birds Bakery, told Nottinghamshire Live: “At Birds, we take the safety of our staff and customers very seriously – and have very tight procedures in place during this pandemic. A lot of our customer base are the elderly – many of them vulnerable – and it is our responsibility to keep them, and our staff, safe.

“Like many other food outlets, during this pandemic we have asked customers to only use debit cards because notes and coins are not clean – and this poses a risk to our staff who are handling that money.

“In the case of Megan Metcalfe she was taking cash from customers and then making payments with her own card.

"This contravenes our current health and safety policy relating to Covid-19 and is also against company regulations.

"It was with regret that we had to ask Megan to leave the business because of those two issues.”

This week Nottinghamshire Live reported that a 94-year-old customer who wanted to buy bread from the Bulwell branch of Birds had to leave empty handed because she only had cash.

A lot of customers at the Birds store in Radcliffe-on-Trent where Megan worked are elderly and don't have a card, the 60-year-old of Ruddington said.

To make sure they didn't leave empty-handed, she would ask them to put the money straight into her purse and then put the payment through on her card before showing them the receipt.

The bakery business said it was "with regret" that they had to dismiss Megan because of her actions.

"I realise what I was doing was against company policy. But they had picked up the items and already gotten to the till ready to buy them," Megan told Nottinghamshire Live.

"There's no way I could let an elderly man or woman walk away telling them they could not buy it because they didn't have a card. They had also already handled the stock so that would have to be binned or cleaned."

Megan says she took around £180 of payments in cash and put them through on her card and has kept receipts of the transactions.

She said she was suspended from work for a week with full pay on June 19 and appeared before a disciplinary hearing the week after before being dismissed from the company.

"I was just trying to do the right thing. I am really upset by it of course," she added.

"I worked at Birds for 44 years and 25 of them as a manager.

"I was told I was endangering staff members' lives by doing what I did.

"At no point did money transfer hands. It was straight into my purse and then I put the payment through on card and showed them the receipt.

"I should not have done it but I don't like to let people down and a lot of these customers depend on us, coming to us every day."

Lesley Bird, chief operating officer at Birds Bakery, told Nottinghamshire Live: “At Birds, we take the safety of our staff and customers very seriously – and have very tight procedures in place during this pandemic. A lot of our customer base are the elderly – many of them vulnerable – and it is our responsibility to keep them, and our staff, safe.

“Like many other food outlets, during this pandemic we have asked customers to only use debit cards because notes and coins are not clean – and this poses a risk to our staff who are handling that money.

“In the case of Megan Metcalfe she was taking cash from customers and then making payments with her own card.

"This contravenes our current health and safety policy relating to Covid-19 and is also against company regulations.

"It was with regret that we had to ask Megan to leave the business because of those two issues.”

jss64
news worthy
news worthy

freeland likes this post

Back to top Go down

Sacked for taking cash from customers Empty Re: Sacked for taking cash from customers

Post by daveiron Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:32 pm

I hope everybody boycotts that company. Shameful behaviour ,clearly dont
give a dam about the elderly who have probably been supporting them for years.
Hope there is a claim for discrimination.
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

assassin and freeland like this post

Back to top Go down

Sacked for taking cash from customers Empty Re: Sacked for taking cash from customers

Post by LionsShare Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:21 pm

I would think there would be a claim against Birds as how can handling cash be gross misconduct? I get the overall message of this thread but simply "handling cash" common sense, something is not right here?

Last edited by LionsShare on Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added sense,)
LionsShare
LionsShare

assassin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by freeland Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:28 pm

No one will boycott Birds because they are all brain washed SELFISH BRAINDEAD SHEEP,im all right jack long as I can buy and sell f__k the weak and infirm,and everyone inbetween. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

freeland
news worthy
news worthy

assassin dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by itheman Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:47 pm

Corporate policy would see anyone die on the floor if it was written. Lice / policy officers...carrying out the policies of the government corporations. A human becomes alive by showing empathy and is persecuted!

So wrong, what will it take to wake the masked zombies?

itheman
Very helpful
Very helpful

freeland likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:07 pm

Take a look at their website, at the bottom they state "We care about everyone"
https://birdsbakery.com/

If anyone wants to email them your discust ,the link is below.

getintouch@birdsofderby.co.uk <getintouch@birdsofderby.co.uk>;
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

LionsShare and freeland like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by itheman Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:32 pm

Named n shamed via FB. Never used the platform much before [lockdown] / b4 but does have its merits, there are many topics with people into this n that. Easy to share info globally some good folk there too

Too right LS, affidavit time Wink

itheman
Very helpful
Very helpful

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:27 am

LionsShare wrote:I would think there would be a claim against Birds as how can handling cash be gross misconduct? I get the overall message of this thread but simply "handling cash" common sense, something is not right here?

Most of there weekday and weekend business is with those older and pensioners so why is handling cash an issue, in point of fact all supermarkets we have tried during lockdown accept cash and it is a fundamental part of the job, and during off peak periods most of it cash transactions, so agree no misconduct.
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:31 am

daveiron wrote:I hope everybody boycotts that company. Shameful behaviour ,clearly dont
give a dam about the elderly who have probably been supporting them for years.
Hope there is a claim for discrimination.

We have one not to far away from us and a local group for pensioners have already began a campaign to boycott them, but the main problem is they claim to be a local bakers but aren't as the children have been busy growing the company; but back to the boycott, many of our pensioners are also boycotting them and those pensioners have children and grandchildren and some have great grandchildren who are also boycotting them so yes it is hitting them financially and hard.
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

daveiron, LionsShare and freeland like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mitch Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:21 am

Since when were plastic debit cards immune from carrying supposed viruses? Obviously the cashless mandate is designed to wipe out as many elderly and poor people as possible and part of the expenditure/credit rating surveillance grid.

mitch
Very helpful
Very helpful

Moonbabymum likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Society of the Spectacle Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:44 pm

Birds Bakery has deleted it's twitter account Hashtag birds bakery brings up this though,
( dont act like you can do nothing, these twitter accounts and facebook accounts etc are read by many )
https://twitter.com/hashtag/birdsbakery?lang=en
Society of the Spectacle
Society of the Spectacle
Admin
Admin

assassin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:51 am

mitch wrote:Since when were plastic debit cards immune from carrying supposed viruses? Obviously the cashless mandate is designed to wipe out as many elderly and poor people as possible and part of the expenditure/credit rating surveillance grid.

Quite Mitch, the plastic credit cards or the plastic bank notes, what's the difference? handling money they say, so what's the difference between staff handling cash and numerous people putting their credit card into the reader and punching in their pin number, actually none but they never clean card readers and these can transmit the virus.

Staff handling cash is a safety issue, usual diatribes and rhetoric, dont bakery staff wear gloves when handling fresh produce? every bakery I have been into does so wheres the risk if the people handling cash change their gloves? none.
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mitch Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:43 am

Sacked for being kind - Get Megan Metcalfe her Job back at Birds Bakery

https://www.change.org/p/lesley-bird-chief-operating-officer-at-birds-bakery-sacked-for-being-kind-get-megan-metcalfe-her-job-back-at-birds-bakery

mitch
Very helpful
Very helpful

daveiron and LionsShare like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum