The GOODF Approach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Whats In A Name?
by daveiron Today at 5:07 am

» Purchased Used car, thew con rod after 4 weeks, 40,000mi on clock, can we get out of the finance?
by assassin Today at 3:19 am

» The infamous DP continus
by daveiron Today at 1:46 am

» C'Tax & The Bradbury Pound System
by flyingfish Yesterday at 8:21 pm

» Warranty issues
by brownowl Yesterday at 12:05 pm

» Smart Meter and Pre Pay Meter remedy
by daveiron Yesterday at 8:29 am

» are they feeling the pinch...?
by pitano1 Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:19 pm

» Fruit
by assassin Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:36 am

» Are Lowell getting desperate ?
by waylander62 Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:08 pm

» Electric Vehicles
by assassin Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:57 am

» Water charges
by daveiron Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:36 am

» 20 mph speed limit enforcable????
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:26 pm

» DSAR
by brownowl Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:59 pm

» Allotments
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:54 am

» Energy debt
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:49 am

» HO HO HO not that shinning or with clean hands !!!!!!
by Lopsum Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:04 pm

» Psychological Operation - Evidence on more fraud
by Lopsum Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:00 pm

» Allodial Title
by urchinatheart Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Grow Potatoes
by Mrblue2015 Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:18 am

» Feed Yourself For Less
by assassin Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:23 pm

» New GOODF - small account closed upon Notice 3
by RaspberryBlu Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:02 pm

» DWP
by daveiron Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:23 am

» LGA1888 sect79 sub2
by urchinatheart Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:15 am

» Know who you are
by badvoc Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:51 pm

» Know Who You Are Even More Volumes To Come
by LionsShare Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:24 am

» Council Tax questions we should all be asking
by LionsShare Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:05 am

» Woke, Nimbys, Snowflakes and idiots
by urchinatheart Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:09 am

» Never Buy Seeds Again
by assassin Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:14 pm

» Ovo bank giro?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:07 pm

» Is your car a government remote controled car???
by Lopsum Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:48 pm

» peacekeepers apprantly get a c'tax win?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:14 am

» Can I Complete The Food Circle
by urchinatheart Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:46 am

» Council tax and summons for arrest
by LionsShare Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:44 pm

» THIS IS THE ONE ?
by schist Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:04 pm

» Garden Share
by assassin Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:37 pm

» Serial Posty been awarded £10'000 for a fake bite
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:23 pm

» The new ruling, lie-ability order
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:04 pm

by schist Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:00 pm

» DVLA [Hick] Does It Work [Hick] ?
by Miss Kermit Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 pm

» know who you are volume ??
by daveiron Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:38 pm

» Hopefully A Success
by daveiron Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:28 pm

» Most Complete Bank Giro Credit
by LionsShare Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:06 pm

» Knowing our Lawful rights
by daveiron Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:05 am

» More Illegal Immigrants
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:43 pm

» SAR dispute
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:32 pm

» There goes Ireland, his off.
by midnight Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:07 pm

» Call to the DVLA
by urchinatheart Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:36 pm

» BEWARE OF TSB BANK
by daveiron Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:53 am

» Help / Advice needed on ongoing neighbour harassment
by memegirl777 Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:51 pm

» United Kingdom? Really?
by assassin Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:17 pm

» DWP and HMRC alleged debts
by assassin Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:20 pm

» HSBC advice please.
by Trishiapp28 Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:36 am

» He is going to save us again
by flyingfish Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:00 pm

» Government fraud
by midnight Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:01 am

» how to remove a shareholder?
by scrwm Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:06 pm

Moon phases

Letter of Claim from Howard Cohen and Co Solicitors

+2
Mrblue2015
Globus
6 posters

Go down

Letter of Claim from Howard Cohen and Co Solicitors Empty Letter of Claim from Howard Cohen and Co Solicitors

Post by Globus Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:40 pm

Hi all

I desperately need your help and advice as I believe this is only the beginning of my problems

I have just received a Letter of Claim dated 30.09.2020 from Cohen Howard & Co Solicitors advising that they were acting for their client, Hoist Finance UK Holding 3 LTD (ex Barclaycard) who intend to issue proceedings in County Court for an outstanding amount I have failed to pay, with the purpose of obtaining a CCJ, unless I provided them with acceptable proposals for paying them £7k+ within 30 days of their letter ( click the link for the scan of the letter )

Received a claim - Yes
Issue Date - 30/09/2020
Have you Acknowledged the Claim - No
Total Amount Claimed - £ 7759
Claimant’s Name - Hoist Finance
Solicitors Firm - Howard Cohen
Original Creditor - Barclay Card
Default date - First areas January 2017 Default July 2017
Original Debt (eg. Credit card/Loan/Overdraft) : Credit Card
Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?): Not statute-barred. No contact with anyone about the debt
List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ): No letters sent as of yet
Reason for default? Was going through a difficult family situation and wasn't able to carry on paying. Wife left me with two kids wiping out our bank accounts.
Are you able to pay for it? No, I'm not. I'm a single self-employed dad and due to Coronavirus I barely can make any money at all. Right now I'm looking for 9-5 job as it doesn't look that I will be able to support my kids from my self-employment any time soon.

I had a look through other similar topic and I was hoping that someone could guide me how to sort out this matter and talk me through step by step what might happen.
I hope I have included enough details but if anything is missing please let me know and I will update this asap.

What would be the next step? Should I send CCA request with postal order to Hoist?

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Globus
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Letter of Claim from Howard Cohen and Co Solicitors Empty Re: Letter of Claim from Howard Cohen and Co Solicitors

Post by Mrblue2015 Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:59 pm

How to respond to a Letter Before Action / Letter of Claim. Please follow ALL 3 steps:

1. Filling out the form:
From the form, tick the box that days you DISPUTE the debt. You should also have a box that says allows you to enter a reason for disputing the debt. In this box say the following:

Please find enclosed two letters:

a) A formal CCA (Consumer Credit Agreement) request along with the £1 statutory fee.
b) A formal request requiring you to provide additional evidence in relation to the alleged debt

(Do NOT fill in the expenditure form etc if they supply one!)

2. Letters a) and b) - the 'enclosed letters'

For letter a) write a headed etc letter and state the following:

This an official CCA request for a copy of the agreement, including the statutory £1 fee, to be supplied within seven days.
(Also enclose a postal order for £1 and on that postal order, ensure you write “payment for CCA request only”.)

For Letter b) write a headed etc letter and state the following:
This an official request for a legible copy of ALL of the following documents within 40 days in order for your client to evidence their claim to the alleged debt: -

a) Any Default Notice served
b) Any Notice of Assignment served
c) Any Statements of account showing how exactly the alleged sums have become due
d) The Termination Notice
e) The Sale Agreement / Deed of Assignment evidencing their clients title to bring a claim

3.  Photocopy all of the above (i.e. the form, your two enclosed letters AND the postal order) for your records PRIOR to sending an A4 envelope containing all of the original documents and postal order via Royal Mail Signed For delivery ensuring the envelope gets to the solicitor BEFORE the 30 day deadline. I personally would ensure you send off your envelope with two weeks or at the very latest, one week to go (don't risk leaving it too late...)

If you do not do the above, they will likely issue a claim and then it gets harder (but not impossible) to fight...
Mrblue2015
Mrblue2015

assassin, waylander62 and Globus like this post

Back to top Go down

Letter of Claim from Howard Cohen and Co Solicitors Empty Re: Letter of Claim from Howard Cohen and Co Solicitors

Post by waylander62 Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:42 pm

just an addition

howard cohen are threatening that Hoist Finance UK Holding 3 LTD are going to issue a claim against you ?

what date was this debt purchased by hoist from barclaycard ? notice of assignment ?

waylander62
dedicated
dedicated

assassin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Globus Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:21 pm

Mrblue2015 wrote:How to respond to a Letter Before Action / Letter of Claim. Please follow ALL 3 steps:

Thank you for your reply

Following your instruction, I will fill out the form they have sent me. Only the part where it says that I dispute the debt adding a comment about CCA and CPR. I will date the form and Print my name (no signature).
CPR I will just copy and paste what you have wrote
In regards to CCA, I have found a template. Do you think its overkill to use it? See below

Dear Sir or Madam
Re: Account/Reference No. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This letter is a formal CCA (Consumer Credit Agreement) request pursuant to s, 77 / 78/ 79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide like full breakdown of the account including any interest or charges added.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request; the provisions of s. 77(4)a / 78 (6)a / 79 (3)a will apply.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5 (2), 3(b), 6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (sections 77-79), I am entitled to receive a copy of any credit agreement and a statement of account when I request it. I enclose a payment of £1 which is the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 not to be used as any payment against any alleged debt.

I understand a copy of any credit agreement along with a statement of account should be supplied within 12 working days.

I understand that, under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with the request for a copy of the agreement and statement of account.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Yours faithfully

Globus
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Globus Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:27 pm

waylander62 wrote:just an addition

howard cohen are threatening that  Hoist Finance UK Holding 3 LTD are going to issue a claim against you ?
yes

waylander62 wrote:what date was this debt purchased by hoist from barclaycard ? notice of assignment ?
I haven't kept too much paperwork in regards to that, but I can see that originally debt was bought by Wescot in April 2018. Then in January 2020, Barclay transferred my account to Hoist. I have received Notice of assignment dated 13th of January 2020 that my account has been assigned to Hoist.

Globus
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrblue2015 Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:29 am

In my opinion, you only have to follow my simple instructions. They ignore all the get clever stuff from experience and that of others, deliberately or because they don’t understand our requirements, take your pick. But who cares to be honest, as long as we (GOODF) know now what we are taking about and collectively we do Wink

It’s a simple case of demanding the documents listed in my instructions and a separate letter demanding they supply a true copy of the CCA plus Ts & Cs. That’s it.

(IF it gets to a court claim, someone will help you with the “clever stuff’ to communicate with the court, not these other debt monkeys!)
Mrblue2015
Mrblue2015

assassin, LionsShare and Globus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsShare Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:51 am

regarding especially SAR(s) THEY ignore all the clever stuff & only give what THEY think you mean, NOT what's actually asked for.

Too true mrblue!

(1720)
LionsShare
LionsShare

Globus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by waylander62 Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:01 am

very quick to threaten court after being assigned the debt !?

follow Mr Blues advice

fill in necessary form along with a request for documents ( except copy of agreement )

send a separate CCA request for a copy of the agreement this is probably most important at this stage.

It is a fairly recent account so i would expect the paperwork to be readily available. we will see.

if you havent already done so send a full SAR to the OC, shame you haven't got your own paperwork,

i never throw any of this type of paperwork away i have statements and info going back almost 20 years you will be amazed how they provide documents which dont even come close to the originals so are therefore false instruments and can be proven to be so.

waylander62
dedicated
dedicated

assassin, LionsShare and Globus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsShare Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:11 pm

waylander62 wrote:i never throw any of this type of paperwork away i have statements and info going back almost 20 years you will be amazed how they provide documents which dont even come close to the originals so are therefore false instruments and can be proven to be so.
I beleive it may be a crime of Uttering.

Please look at the Larceny ACT 1916 & the Forgery Act 1913.
LionsShare
LionsShare

assassin, urchinatheart and Globus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrblue2015 Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:20 pm

waylander62 wrote: i never throw any of this type of paperwork away i have statements and info going back almost 20 years you will be amazed how they provide documents which dont even come close to the originals so are therefore false instruments and can be proven to be so.

Totally agree Waylander62. Lesson for all viewing this post. I have docs from the past above and beyond those docs that I have even received via a SAR from any Original Creditor (OC)... Then again, these OCs do love to miss out a SAR doc or two Wink
Mrblue2015
Mrblue2015

Globus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by waylander62 Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:36 pm

thanks LS always like to look at new acts will take a look when i have time

too true Mr Blue, caught out lowell and vanquis a few years back, still had original default notice which gave 7 days to remedy a no no under CCA, low and behold a different default notice appeared in lowells evidence.

sent a deposition letter to vanquis and a notice to prove to lowell ( copies to court of course ) , wasn't long before the claim was discontinued, vanquis never heard from them again.

waylander62
dedicated
dedicated

Mrblue2015 and Globus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Globus Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:07 pm

waylander62 wrote:It is a fairly recent account so i would expect the paperwork to be readily available. we will see.

Originally debt was bought by Wescot in April 2018. So if that would be so easy to claim, with all paperwork being available, I would think they would have tried harder to get any money from me. Instead of that, in January 2020, Barclay transferred my account to Hoist so we will see how that will end up.

waylander62 wrote: i never throw any of this type of paperwork away i have statements and info going back almost 20 years you will be amazed how they provide documents which dont even come close to the originals so are therefore false instruments and can be proven to be so.

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of paperwork as I never thought I will need them, but there is nothing more I can do about it. Hopefully, this post will help someone else not to make the same mistake Smile

waylander62 wrote: follow Mr Blues advice
I did and got tracking record that letters have been delivered yesterday Smile Thank you all

Globus
Newb
Newb

assassin and Mrblue2015 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by waylander62 Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:20 pm

wescott would not have bought the debt they would have been acting for barclaycard.

for debts such as this it is very very rare for the OC to take the matter to court, much easier for them to sell on to vulture funds in bulk ( by the 1000's) clears their debt portfolio so they can then 'lend' to the next 1000's of customers

and so begins the next cycle of debt.

waylander62
dedicated
dedicated

assassin, urchinatheart and Mrblue2015 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrblue2015 Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:14 pm

Yep, totally the case Waylander62
Mrblue2015
Mrblue2015

assassin and Globus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Globus Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:46 pm

Small update, sorry for the delay.

I have received a letter from Robinsons Way Dated 11.11.2020 stating.
"Thank you for your recent contact in response to the Pre Action Protocol response pack. We apologise for our delayed response.

We acknowledge receipt of your request under sections 77/79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. We have requested documents mentioned in your letter from our client, and they are currently in the process of retrieving these.

Please note that under the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you are no longer required by law to pay £1 in order to request your credit agreement. Please find enclosed the return of your £1 fee.

Your account will remain on hold until the documents have been provided. Once we receive a copy of the requested documents, copies will be provided to you, and your account will be placed on a further hold to allow time for you to contact us."

So they have received my letter on 23rd of October, they responded after 3 weeks with the above, and till now I haven't heard anything from them.
So what that exactly means for me now?

Globus
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrblue2015 Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:34 pm

How did Robinsons Way come into the equation? Especially as you replied to a Letter of Claim that you received from Cohen Howard & Co Solicitors, acting on behalf of their client Hoist Finance UK Holding 3 LTD?

How are you getting on with the SAR? Has Barclaycard responded with the results of your SAR?
Mrblue2015
Mrblue2015

Back to top Go down

Post by falco Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:21 pm

Globus wrote:Small update, sorry for the delay.

I have received a letter from Robinsons Way Dated 11.11.2020 stating.
"Thank you for your recent contact in response to the Pre Action Protocol response pack. We apologise for our delayed response.

We acknowledge receipt of your request under sections 77/79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. We have requested documents mentioned in your letter from our client, and they are currently in the process of retrieving these.

Please note that under the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you are no longer required by law to pay £1 in order to request your credit agreement. Please find enclosed the return of your £1 fee.

Your account will remain on hold until the documents have been provided. Once we receive a copy of the requested documents, copies will be provided to you, and your account will be placed on a further hold to allow time for you to contact us."

So they have received my letter on 23rd of October, they responded after 3 weeks with the above, and till now I haven't heard anything from them.
So what that exactly means for me now?

someone correct if I am wrong but I am sure you can do a SAR of all details held by a bank, loan co etc for free as Robinson Way to their credit pointed out.

I vaguely remember doing a SAR on a few banks and CC companies to check if I had PPI just when the window of claim op was closing. It worked a treat with some banks but LLyods were very sketchy and I didnt pursue that action.

If anyone is interested I may still have a copy of the template SAR.....

falco
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:27 pm

Hi falco,
Yes in most cases we recommend sending a SAR to the OC.I believe we have
templates on the site, although personally I just request 'Any and all ' information
held. Its simple and leaves them no wriggle room.
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

urchinatheart likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Globus Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:46 am

Just to wrap things up because I haven't realised that I have never updated my threat.

After sending a formal CCA (Consumer Credit Agreement) they eventually replied that they have been unable to supply all the documentation required and they have decided not to pursue the outstanding balance.

Since then, I have managed to help three people in similar situations and I have noticed that all CCA led to a drop off the outstanding balance due to a lack of documents with regard to issuing credit cards and credit card debt, were connected with "traditional" banks like Lloyds, Barclays and Halifax. The same didn't work with MBNA or Argos as they had very detailed documentation even a few years after the original debt occurred. Just a side note, maybe it will be useful for someone.

Bottom line. Sending a formal CCA is a MUST. Doesn't cost you anything and it can easily lead to your debt being dropped off.

Globus
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down