The GOODF Approach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» hmrc bond
by LionsShare Yesterday at 9:56 am

» Know who you are
by LionsShare Sun May 05, 2024 5:54 pm

» Chainsaws 1
by assassin Sat May 04, 2024 5:07 am

» Supply What Does It Mean?
by LionsShare Thu May 02, 2024 11:45 am

» Speed ticket Is This The Way To Go?
by flyingfish Wed May 01, 2024 10:11 pm

» DSAR
by brownowl Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:15 pm

» Council Tax questions we should all be asking
by LionsShare Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:20 am

» Whats In A Name?
by LionsShare Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:49 pm

» The infamous DP continus
by Biggiebest Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:20 pm

» Purchased Used car, thew con rod after 4 weeks, 40,000mi on clock, can we get out of the finance?
by assassin Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:19 am

» C'Tax & The Bradbury Pound System
by flyingfish Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:21 pm

» Warranty issues
by brownowl Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:05 pm

» Smart Meter and Pre Pay Meter remedy
by daveiron Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:29 am

» are they feeling the pinch...?
by pitano1 Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:19 pm

» Fruit
by assassin Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:36 am

» Are Lowell getting desperate ?
by waylander62 Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:08 pm

» Electric Vehicles
by assassin Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:57 am

» Water charges
by daveiron Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:36 am

» 20 mph speed limit enforcable????
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:26 pm

» Allotments
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:54 am

» Energy debt
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:49 am

» HO HO HO not that shinning or with clean hands !!!!!!
by Lopsum Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:04 pm

» Psychological Operation - Evidence on more fraud
by Lopsum Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:00 pm

» Allodial Title
by urchinatheart Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Grow Potatoes
by Mrblue2015 Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:18 am

» Feed Yourself For Less
by assassin Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:23 pm

» New GOODF - small account closed upon Notice 3
by RaspberryBlu Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:02 pm

» DWP
by daveiron Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:23 am

» LGA1888 sect79 sub2
by urchinatheart Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:15 am

» Know Who You Are Even More Volumes To Come
by LionsShare Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:24 am

» Woke, Nimbys, Snowflakes and idiots
by urchinatheart Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:09 am

» Never Buy Seeds Again
by assassin Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:14 pm

» Ovo bank giro?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:07 pm

» Is your car a government remote controled car???
by Lopsum Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:48 pm

» peacekeepers apprantly get a c'tax win?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:14 am

» Can I Complete The Food Circle
by urchinatheart Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:46 am

» Council tax and summons for arrest
by LionsShare Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:44 pm

» THIS IS THE ONE ?
by schist Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:04 pm

» Garden Share
by assassin Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:37 pm

» Serial Posty been awarded £10'000 for a fake bite
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:23 pm

» The new ruling, lie-ability order
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:04 pm

by schist Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:00 pm

» DVLA [Hick] Does It Work [Hick] ?
by Miss Kermit Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 pm

» know who you are volume ??
by daveiron Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:38 pm

» Hopefully A Success
by daveiron Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:28 pm

» Most Complete Bank Giro Credit
by LionsShare Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:06 pm

» Knowing our Lawful rights
by daveiron Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:05 am

» More Illegal Immigrants
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:43 pm

» SAR dispute
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:32 pm

» There goes Ireland, his off.
by midnight Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:07 pm

» Call to the DVLA
by urchinatheart Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:36 pm

» BEWARE OF TSB BANK
by daveiron Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:53 am

» Help / Advice needed on ongoing neighbour harassment
by memegirl777 Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:51 pm

» United Kingdom? Really?
by assassin Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:17 pm

» DWP and HMRC alleged debts
by assassin Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:20 pm

Moon phases

Is your employer trying to force vaccine

+3
assassin
Sharpysparky
daveiron
7 posters

Go down

Is your employer trying to force vaccine Empty Is your employer trying to force vaccine

Post by daveiron Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:42 pm

Link to full letter: https://uploads-ssl.webflow.com/5fa5866942937a4d73918723/6017f56ad166465fb9025da6_UKMFA_L4L_Workers_Union-Employers_Vaccine_Open_Letter.pdf
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

assassin, LionsShare, Mrblue2015, freeland and Sharpysparky like this post

Back to top Go down

Is your employer trying to force vaccine Empty Re: Is your employer trying to force vaccine

Post by Sharpysparky Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:18 pm

Nice on DI! I currently work for a well known bus operator in London and this is something I have been talking to my shift guys about, the company do have very high standard ie: the legal minimum tread depth on a bus is 1mm but the company insist on them being changed at 3mm, over double! So I can definitely see them being one of the front runners to bring this in!
I know have a little bit of info to maybe protect myself and colleagues from this madness, well done again DI 👍
Sharpysparky
Sharpysparky
Very helpful
Very helpful

assassin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Is your employer trying to force vaccine Empty Re: Is your employer trying to force vaccine

Post by assassin Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:49 am

This comes down to basic contract law, this is defined as English Contract Law and in Europe this would be European Contract Protocols, basically they are both based on lex mercatoria.

Only the contract and its conditions at the time of signing are in force.
Nobody can change any contract without the consent of both/all parties.

Any threat of any party to another party constitutes "duress" and the new contract cannot come into force.

So what does this mean?

If any employer tries to force an employee who has been at the company for 2 years or more cannot be touched but there are exceptions, if a significant part of someones employment involved foreign travel, foreign companies may have different legislation which you have to comply with, so common sense applies.
In most instances you cannot be touched.
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

daveiron, LionsShare, mitch, freeland and Sharpysparky like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharpysparky Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:43 pm

Many thanks for this assassin, I would have taken the ba****ds on anyway but now thanks to you (with some due diligence) I can do it with confidence 👍
SS
Sharpysparky
Sharpysparky
Very helpful
Very helpful

assassin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsShare Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:53 pm

SS with your predicament at the mo' there is NO contract or agreement with utils so perhaps include that somehow in your narrative, - ie to NOT discharge directly out of own pocket?

LS
LionsShare
LionsShare

assassin and Sharpysparky like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:28 am

Sharpysparky wrote:Many thanks for this assassin, I would have taken the ba****ds on anyway but now thanks to you (with some due diligence) I can do it with confidence 👍
SS

And I will help you every step of the way.
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

petesomething, LionsShare and Sharpysparky like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by petesomething Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:16 am

Just been told my Employer  giving out self testing kits and compulsory to comply , :x :x are we just a piece of meat

Legal
Can employers enforce tests for Covid-19?
6 Aug 2020 By Lloyd Davey and Sarah Taylor
Lloyd Davey and Sarah Taylor explain the circumstances under which workplace coronavirus testing is legal, and what organisations should consider

As lockdown eases, employers are considering how to make workplaces safe as their staff return. As part of new measures to address the risk of Covid-19 transmission, some are intending to ask staff to take tests for the virus now that kits are readily available for purchase. But to what extent is the testing of staff lawful, and are there any risks employers should consider?

Is testing necessary and proportionate?
Offering voluntary Covid-19 testing to staff, in conjunction with other safety measures, is likely to reassure employees that the workplace is safe. Test results are, however, classed as ‘special category data’, so employers must use and store this sensitive data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The Information Commissioner's Office published guidance on testing and surveillance during the pandemic, which explains that, in order to be compliant with data protection law, employers must show their approach to testing is “reasonable, fair and proportionate to the circumstances”. To ascertain if this is the case, businesses should consider:

their organisation’s specific circumstances (including type of work undertaken and nature of their premises);
the extent to which testing will contribute to a safe working environment (for example, the timing and accuracy of the test results); and
whether alternative measures could be as effective in limiting transmission of Covid-19 (such as strict social distancing or working from home).
If there is good reason for testing, given the sensitive nature of the data collected, employers must process the data in accordance with the GDPR and inform staff on why and how they intend to use it.

Is individual consent required?
The testing process for Covid-19 can be invasive and uncomfortable, requiring a swab to be taken from inside the nose and back of the throat. Many employees may willingly undertake testing to limit the risk of an outbreak in their workplace, but individual consent is required to conduct each test.

Can businesses make testing mandatory?
Government guidance requires anyone with Covid-19 symptoms to arrange a test. As employers have a duty to protect the health and safety of their employees, it is likely that they can reasonably instruct an employee exhibiting symptoms to be tested. If the employee tests positive, the employer will be alerted to the risk of transmission at the workplace and can take action to mitigate that risk. If the employee fails to follow the employer’s instruction to arrange a test, the employer may be justified in taking disciplinary action against them.

However, it may not be reasonable for the employer to require an employee to be tested if they are not exhibiting symptoms (for example, as part of a routine testing programme to identify possible asymptomatic cases). Whether testing is reasonable in these circumstances will depend on the extent to which the risk of Covid-19 cannot be managed in the workplace by other measures, such as social distancing and remote working.

Where testing is considered necessary and proportionate, businesses may seek to make testing a contractual obligation. If the obligation to be tested is validly incorporated into the employee’s contract, failure to comply would be a breach, which may entitle the employer to take disciplinary action.

Can an employer sanction an employee for refusing?
Before taking disciplinary action for refusal to consent to testing, an employer must consider the employee’s individual circumstances and any mitigating factors, as individuals may have valid reasons for refusing to be tested. The requirement to be tested could also disproportionately affect some protected groups, such as those with certain disabilities.

How to encourage voluntary testing
Ideally, businesses wishing to implement routine testing of their workforce will do so with the consent of their staff. Employees are more likely to consent if they have confidence that their employer will handle personal data sensitively and securely, and if they believe they won’t suffer financially if they test positive. To address this, employers should consider extending company sick pay to employees who test positive and are required to self-isolate (if they cannot work from home) or maintain those employees on their normal pay.

Ultimately, to ensure employee testing is handled correctly, communication is key. By emphasising that testing is a necessary and proportionate means of limiting a Covid-19 outbreak in the workplace, which could result in its closure and threaten jobs and livelihoods, employers should be able to garner support for a testing programme.

Lloyd Davey is a partner and Sarah Taylor a senior associate at Stevens & Bolton
petesomething
petesomething
Very helpful
Very helpful

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrblue2015 Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:55 pm

Ignorant b@stards.
Mrblue2015
Mrblue2015

LionsShare likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:58 am

Mandatory, Government guidance, necessary, proportionate, interesting words with no legal or lawful basis.
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

Mrblue2015 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingfish Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:44 pm

I've not seen this first hand from an employer/employee point of view but there are some installations that won't allow anyone onboard without a positive test immediately before.  Typically ships or offshore facilities where the crew are all clammed up together with no possibility of maintaining distance.  Prior to testing being readily available they worked off a questionnaire and temperature test, and there were a few scares with suspected cases being evacuated in a hurry.

As a contractor it's straightforward, it's a condition or the job and if the contractor doesn't agree then he doesn't go and doesn't get paid.

I don't know how it plays for employees, with employment rights.  I don't think they can force a test, but no way are they going to let an untested person on board.  Maybe if you refuse they are obliged to try and find you an onshore or remote position, with redundancy if they can't.  I don't know how far that's been tested.

flyingfish
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:37 am

This is their way around it, they write it into the contract; as a contractor you agree to their terms and conditionsand if you don't you don't work for them as you agree or disagree to their terms. While this is for testing it isn't for the vaccination and they will simply write vaccination into their contracts.
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum