The GOODF Approach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Know who you are
by LionsShare Yesterday at 5:54 pm

» Chainsaws 1
by assassin Sat May 04, 2024 5:07 am

» Supply What Does It Mean?
by LionsShare Thu May 02, 2024 11:45 am

» Speed ticket Is This The Way To Go?
by flyingfish Wed May 01, 2024 10:11 pm

» DSAR
by brownowl Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:15 pm

» Council Tax questions we should all be asking
by LionsShare Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:20 am

» Whats In A Name?
by LionsShare Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:49 pm

» The infamous DP continus
by Biggiebest Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:20 pm

» Purchased Used car, thew con rod after 4 weeks, 40,000mi on clock, can we get out of the finance?
by assassin Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:19 am

» C'Tax & The Bradbury Pound System
by flyingfish Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:21 pm

» Warranty issues
by brownowl Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:05 pm

» Smart Meter and Pre Pay Meter remedy
by daveiron Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:29 am

» are they feeling the pinch...?
by pitano1 Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:19 pm

» Fruit
by assassin Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:36 am

» Are Lowell getting desperate ?
by waylander62 Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:08 pm

» Electric Vehicles
by assassin Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:57 am

» Water charges
by daveiron Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:36 am

» 20 mph speed limit enforcable????
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:26 pm

» Allotments
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:54 am

» Energy debt
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:49 am

» HO HO HO not that shinning or with clean hands !!!!!!
by Lopsum Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:04 pm

» Psychological Operation - Evidence on more fraud
by Lopsum Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:00 pm

» Allodial Title
by urchinatheart Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Grow Potatoes
by Mrblue2015 Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:18 am

» Feed Yourself For Less
by assassin Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:23 pm

» New GOODF - small account closed upon Notice 3
by RaspberryBlu Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:02 pm

» DWP
by daveiron Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:23 am

» LGA1888 sect79 sub2
by urchinatheart Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:15 am

» Know Who You Are Even More Volumes To Come
by LionsShare Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:24 am

» Woke, Nimbys, Snowflakes and idiots
by urchinatheart Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:09 am

» Never Buy Seeds Again
by assassin Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:14 pm

» Ovo bank giro?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:07 pm

» Is your car a government remote controled car???
by Lopsum Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:48 pm

» peacekeepers apprantly get a c'tax win?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:14 am

» Can I Complete The Food Circle
by urchinatheart Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:46 am

» Council tax and summons for arrest
by LionsShare Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:44 pm

» THIS IS THE ONE ?
by schist Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:04 pm

» Garden Share
by assassin Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:37 pm

» Serial Posty been awarded £10'000 for a fake bite
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:23 pm

» The new ruling, lie-ability order
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:04 pm

by schist Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:00 pm

» DVLA [Hick] Does It Work [Hick] ?
by Miss Kermit Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 pm

» know who you are volume ??
by daveiron Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:38 pm

» Hopefully A Success
by daveiron Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:28 pm

» Most Complete Bank Giro Credit
by LionsShare Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:06 pm

» Knowing our Lawful rights
by daveiron Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:05 am

» More Illegal Immigrants
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:43 pm

» SAR dispute
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:32 pm

» There goes Ireland, his off.
by midnight Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:07 pm

» Call to the DVLA
by urchinatheart Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:36 pm

» BEWARE OF TSB BANK
by daveiron Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:53 am

» Help / Advice needed on ongoing neighbour harassment
by memegirl777 Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:51 pm

» United Kingdom? Really?
by assassin Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:17 pm

» DWP and HMRC alleged debts
by assassin Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:20 pm

» HSBC advice please.
by Trishiapp28 Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:36 am

Moon phases

Sadiq Khan calls for ban on wood-burning stoves

+7
Tom Bombadil
handle
Svetlana
Society of the Spectacle
assassin
Kestrel
eargoggles
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sadiq Khan calls for ban on wood-burning stoves  Empty Sadiq Khan calls for ban on wood-burning stoves

Post by eargoggles Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:05 am

London mayor cites figures showing that the home stoves, used in 16% of households, produce up to a third of all the capital’s fine-particle pollution
Wood burning stove
In January, domestic wood burning contributed half the toxic emissions in some areas of the capital, according to research.

Wood-burning stoves could be banned in some areas to combat air pollution under proposals by the London mayor, Sadiq Khan.

Khan has written to Michael Gove, the environment secretary, to request extra powers to improve air quality in the capital, including measures to tackle solid-fuel burning and construction pollution. The proposed measures include minimum emissions standards for vessels on London’s waterways and heavy construction machinery like diggers and bulldozers.

Wood-burning stoves, which would be banned under the proposals for urban areas with poor air quality, are increasingly popular – 1.5m have been sold across Britain. They are most popular in south-east England, where 16% of households have them, compared with 5% nationally.

It is estimated that between a quarter and a third of all of London’s fine-particle pollution comes from domestic wood burning. In January, during a period of very high air pollution, it contributed half the toxic emissions in some areas of the capital, according to King’s College London research.

Khan said: “Non-transport sources contribute half of the deadly emissions in London, so we need a hard-hitting plan of action to combat them similar to moves I am taking to reduce pollution from road vehicles.

“With more than 400 schools located in areas exceeding legal pollution levels, and such significant health impacts on our most vulnerable communities, we cannot wait any longer, and I am calling on government to provide the capital with the necessary powers to effectively tackle harmful emissions from a variety of sources.”

The mayor has asked the environment department to amend the Clean Air Act to allow for the creation of zero-emission zones where the burning of solid fuel is not allowed from 2025 onwards.

When asked to comment on Khan’s letter, a Defra spokesperson told the Guardian: “We are determined to improve air quality and have put in place a £3bn plan to reduce roadside emissions.

“Next year we will publish a comprehensive Clean Air Strategy which will address all sources of air pollution. We are also raising consumer awareness about the impact of burning wood on health and working with industry to help reduce harmful emissions.”

The mayor’s proposals come after he triggered London’s emergency air quality alert on Wednesday for the seventh time in thirteen months. Polluted air from the continent combined with toxic air in London to create dangerous levels of pollution.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/sep/29/air-pollution-sadiq-khan-calls-for-ban-on-wood-burning-stoves

Last edited by eargoggles on Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total

eargoggles
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Sadiq Khan calls for ban on wood-burning stoves  Empty Re: Sadiq Khan calls for ban on wood-burning stoves

Post by Kestrel Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:18 am

He's just another puppet who wants stringing up - not to mention an alien..what ever happened to the Londoners? London was finished years ago.

By the way smokeless/lower emission woodburning stoves are already available for use in use so-called 'smoke controlled areas'.

Kestrel
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Sadiq Khan calls for ban on wood-burning stoves  Empty Re: Sadiq Khan calls for ban on wood-burning stoves

Post by eargoggles Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:21 am

looks like they don`t want us having free heat.

eargoggles
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:58 pm

Old Gengis is playing to the corporate agenda by trying to force people to pay gas and electricity bills to private companies and nothing less.

Note the word "estimated" is used and what they really mean is they dont know so they will make up some figures to dupe the public in the hope many will buy their lies about air quality and believe old Gengis is working for their benefit instead of for the corporate pocket.

Since 2010/11 all wood burning stoves have has to meet new requirements with regard to emissions and to do this we have to understand combustion and how it works, and this is fairly simple in the case of wood.

1] All wood is porous and contains moisture and you can never get totally dry wood.

2] All wood contains a substance called "wood gas" within this moisture and as wood is heated it releases a combination of moisture as steam, and wood gas.

When you burn wood it releases this steam as it heats up and this steam rises to the top of the wood burner with the wood gas contained within it, the heat of the steam releases this wood gas and the steam and gas separate into two different gases. If you have your air inlet at the bottom of the fire your wood will burn but if you add a second air inlet at the top of the fire it adds more air which causes the wood gas to ignite and you get a second combustion at the top of your fire; if you have a glass doored fire the flames are much taller and bigger with secondary combustion at the top of the fire.

Secondary combustion cleans up the emissions using the wood gas as the fuel, and the air to allow it to ignite the gas, this secondary combustion burns off the wood gas for cleaner emissions out of the chimney and it burns the smoke and raises it as superheated steam so it cannot be seen. If we warm up the secondary air stream before it is released into the top of the fire it becomes even more efficient at burning off the wood gas so many manufacturers run this second air feed along the side of the fire so it is heated up before being introduced into the fire.

Where Gengis is caught out in in the fine particulate matter, here he is totally wrong as secondary or afterburning technologies do little, if anything to reduce the emission of fine particles, so they remain the same irrespective of whether you use a standard wood burner or one using afterburning technology. What you dont get is the grey smoke visible at the chimney and it looks cleaner, but in reality you are only burning off the wood gas and still generating the same amount of fine particle emissions. The devil is in the detail here, and the detail exposes him as a corporte fraud and nothing less.

assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:00 pm

eargoggles wrote:looks like they don`t want us having free heat.

Incorrect, you have to buy a wood stove and in the south of England many people buy the logs, so it isn't free heat, its cheaper heat, even if you collect your own wood for free it is merely cheaper heat.
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:01 pm

Hi guys

The saddest part is that it would probably only take a few self-aware 'realised' Londoners to send 'notice of rejection' to kibosh the plan.

Cheers!

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:13 pm

They have tried to ban wood burners for decades and all the very biased information put forwards by "alleged" experts (and I say alleged in the loosest possible terms) has been shot down by engineers such as myself and many others as the flawed tripe it actually is as most of it is a play on words which hasn't worked so far.

As an aside, I have built many wood burners for over 30 years and in most cases they have had afterburning capability.
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Society of the Spectacle Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:25 pm

Wood-burning stoves, which would be banned under the proposals for urban areas with poor air quality, are increasingly popular – 1.5m have been sold across Britain. They are most popular in south-east England, where 16% of households have them, compared with 5% nationally.

Kestrel wrote:He's just another puppet who wants stringing up - not to mention an alien..what ever happened to the Londoners? London was finished years ago.

By the way smokeless/lower emission woodburning stoves are already available for use in use so-called 'smoke controlled areas'.

Puppet ?
YES, and I would Guess it goes deeper,

I would suggest that the sale of the wood stoves was started in the full knowledge that when sales started to dry up,
they would later ban them.

Modern capitalism thrives on obsolescence.
Society of the Spectacle
Society of the Spectacle
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eargoggles Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:23 pm

assassin wrote:

Incorrect, you have to buy a wood stove and in the south of England many people buy the logs, so it isn't free heat, its cheaper heat, even if you collect your own wood for free it is merely cheaper heat.
open log fires ,pretty much the same.

eargoggles
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by Svetlana Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:57 pm

I would suggest that the sale of the wood stoves was started in the full knowledge that when sales started to dry up,

Modern capitalism thrives on  obsolescence.

In the 1500s?
Svetlana
Svetlana
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:09 pm

Hi guys

Ha! Think you just got 'burned' assassin!

(.....er, we can all take a joke i hope?)

Cheers!

Back to top Go down

Post by Society of the Spectacle Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:54 pm

Svetlana wrote:

Modern capitalism thrives on  obsolescence.

In the 1500s?

Some are even more up to 2500 quid ,

http://www.independent.co.uk/extras/indybest/house-garden/best-log-wood-burners-burning-stove-a7456706.html
Society of the Spectacle
Society of the Spectacle
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:28 pm

Hi guys

Society of the Spectacle - Ha! You're on fire tonight!

Cheers!

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Tom Bombadil Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:28 am

handle wrote:They want people to use electricity so they can adjust FREQUENCY into peoples homes, particularly at night , to agitate emotions. Ultrasound using meters.

Now i know thar MKULTRA was to do with ultrasound

Electricity is just a delivery method. See other post re uktrasound in terror attacj campaign topic

Interesting!
Tom Bombadil
Tom Bombadil
Very helpful
Very helpful

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Bombadil Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:31 am

assassin wrote:

Assassin. Thats just semantics!

The wood can be free.

Tom Bombadil
Tom Bombadil
Very helpful
Very helpful

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Bombadil Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:38 am

This reporting of a possibility of the mayors ideas is just testing the waters.

Its done all the time. The papers work for Big Gov. so what is reported should be taken with a pinch of salt.

I understand that those within the mayors 'curtilage' are not those unable to afford the basics, so this is just a cry for tax on those buying wood, paying for your C02.

IT WONT BE BANNED, IT WILL BE CHARGED!
Tom Bombadil
Tom Bombadil
Very helpful
Very helpful

Back to top Go down

Post by eargoggles Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:47 am

yep ,if you have smoke coming out of your chimney or logs piled up in your yard you`ll probs get a knock from the "Log Police" .

eargoggles
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by Candor Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:57 am

Coming from an Immigrant or son of immigrants who came from a land where wood burning stoves are the essential component of the Rasoi (kitchen), what no tandoor, then no Roti or Naan seriously ?

Oh dear what a confused Khan he really is with his UK education ... give me a real Khan Sahib any day in a real Punjabi or Pathan village and a real wood stove, that's the life.

Candor
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by 1saberwow Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:41 pm

Will the log police be a splinter corporation of the police corporation. Sorry i could not help myself.

1saberwow
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by eargoggles Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:58 pm

1saberwow wrote:Will the log police be a splinter corporation of the police corporation. Sorry i could not help myself.
yes i know what you mean ,and do they log on and log off . hopefully they will just log off . do they visit the log cabin when a toilet beckons .that`ll do .

eargoggles
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:22 pm

Hi guys

1saberwow + eargoggles - Ha!Ha! Wood you believe i saw what you did there?

Keep the home fires burning i say.

Cheers!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Bombadil Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:37 pm

Come on, all of you! Leaf it be! You are burning ours ears with this plane nonsense!
Tom Bombadil
Tom Bombadil
Very helpful
Very helpful

Back to top Go down

Post by Svetlana Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:59 pm

London pizza restaurants and trendy stove fitters: 'we'd go bust if wood burner ban goes ahead'... but Green campaigners hail Mayor's plan

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/sadiq-khan-stove-ban-sparks-angry-backlash-from-fireplace-firms-and-pizzerias-a3646721.html
Svetlana
Svetlana
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by eargoggles Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:46 pm

If Khan is worried about schools being in the line of fire of pollution then maybe he should look at banning parents from doing the dumb school run to pick up their fat unhealthy kids from school in their over sized american style cars on our small english roads ,blocking up the roads from 7.30am till 9 and 2 pm till 4 . the kids should be walking .

eargoggles
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next