The GOODF Approach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» The infamous DP continus
by urchinatheart Yesterday at 3:01 pm

» Call to the DVLA
by urchinatheart Yesterday at 2:36 pm

» BEWARE OF TSB BANK
by daveiron Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:53 am

» SAR dispute
by RaspberryBlu Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:18 pm

» Help / Advice needed on ongoing neighbour harassment
by memegirl777 Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:51 pm

» United Kingdom? Really?
by assassin Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:17 pm

» DWP and HMRC alleged debts
by assassin Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:20 pm

» Serial Posty been awarded £10'000 for a fake bite
by memegirl777 Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:05 pm

» HSBC advice please.
by Trishiapp28 Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:36 am

» He is going to save us again
by flyingfish Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:00 pm

» Government fraud
by midnight Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:01 am

» THIS IS THE ONE ?
by daveiron Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:45 am

» how to remove a shareholder?
by scrwm Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:06 pm

» I DO NOT CONSENT [62%] - ReformUK got 5% of the electorate. Labour 17%
by badvoc Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:25 pm

» What can ai do about Santander
by Godfastro Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:47 am

» Useful videos Council Tax
by daveiron Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:05 pm

» broadcaster vs me
by scrwm Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:37 pm

» The new GOODF process works
by urchinatheart Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:45 am

» Worth a watch
by LionsShare Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:11 am

» Farmers IsThis What's Needed?
by LionsShare Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:46 pm

» Debt Bomb 11
by Biggiebest Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:05 pm

» accepted dca alleged debt
by Mrblue2015 Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:09 pm

» DVLA
by daveiron Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:20 pm

» Solicitors contacted me via e-mail asking for money.
by Kaddabriol Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:12 pm

» Claiming again
by LionsShare Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:07 am

» Useful Utility Vids
by LionsShare Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:59 pm

» what the bank of england runs the country?
by LionsShare Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:54 pm

» know who you are volume ??
by LionsShare Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:19 pm

by daveiron Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:55 am

» Learning New Skills _Pt 2 Buying Tools
by assassin Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:35 am

» Learning New Skills _Pt 2 Buying Tools
by assassin Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:33 am

» Learning new Skills Part 1
by assassin Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:27 am

» General Equity?
by LionsShare Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:03 pm

» Visit by appointment notice
by Moonbabymum Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:37 pm

» Discussion on Info'd Vids
by LionsShare Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:52 am

» debts loans mortgages etc (tear off slips?)
by LionsShare Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:54 pm

» Quick one
by Lopsum Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:03 pm

» debt settlement payoff
by daveiron Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:58 pm

» Council tax and summons for arrest
by LionsShare Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:17 pm

» Council Tax (getting answers)
by LionsShare Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:57 pm

» council tax 1st of april
by daveiron Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:46 pm

» DSAR
by daveiron Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:28 pm

» Warning about a previous post
by Mrblue2015 Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:10 pm

» Please leave a comment on this site
by daveiron Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:01 pm

» Lithiun Battery Dangers
by badvoc Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:52 pm

» its a trap
by LionsShare Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:49 am

» Car In Trust
by LionsShare Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:05 pm

» Honest Nottingham Po-lice
by assassin Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:11 am

» Why you rebut a complaint
by assassin Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:05 am

» Village Winter
by assassin Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:03 am

» Sand Batteries
by assassin Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:45 pm

» Hoist Portfolio Holding Limited
by Indebttoo Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:03 pm

» Occupier
by assassin Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:27 pm

» Electric Vehicles
by assassin Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:54 pm

» *** URGENT *** PLEASE HELP
by daveiron Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:02 pm

Moon phases

More Interesting People - Diabetes

4 posters

Go down

More Interesting People - Diabetes Empty More Interesting People - Diabetes

Post by assassin Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:55 pm

Today has been a good day due the weather and in a shake up of work I visited a site to do a basic safety check, as the site was locked I rang the contact number and found it was a doctors surgery and medical centre; and that the main medical centre was up and running, and that a doctor was on his way but was delayed due to the weather and the fact he couldn't get to his normal hospital as his 4X4 had been hit and was undriveable and his daughter was picking him up and bringing him to the medical centre to cover for staff who couldn't get to work.

As the doctor arrived and his daughter left, he opened the gates and apologised for the delays and explained that he was a consultant at a hospital and couldn't get to work and had decided to go to the medical centre instead, as he still works there as a GP one day a week; he went further and explained that he went into medicine as he wanted to help people and his next revalation was totally honest, he claimed that he was at odds with the NHS because he still believed in helping people and that the NHS ethos was more a concern about money and finances and not actually helping people.

I said that one of our employeed had been diagnosed with diabetes on Thursday and was awaiting the results of a blood test and the consultant said they would put him on tablets and from what I remember they began with the letter M and that I couldn't remember their name.

Metformin was the doctors response, and I nodded in agreement, and he said that if I saw him I should tell him NOT to take them as they are a depressive tablet which are highly addictive and not as good as they claim to be, and that once you are on them you are on them for life, and that's that.
I asked what he should do instead, he explained that diabetes can be readily controlled and that it is caused by the lack of insulin production according to the experts of which he is one, but this was merely corporate spin as a lack of insulin production can be caused in two main ways and they are the overdosing of sugars such as eating a lot of sugary food or drinking a lot of sugary drinks, and in these cases the body cannot produce enough insulin to counteract the huge volumes of sugars the body is absorbing through food and drink, and the fact that where the body is overwhelmed with sugars it protects itself and stops producing sufficient insulin and this is often compounded by people being overweight and having a lot of fat lodged around their bodily organs or having high blood pressure, and that all these things were inextricibly linked, so I asked what he should or could do.

His answer was very simple, he informed me that he had several options and the first and most important one was diet and he had to change his diet to one in which he significantly reduced his bodily sugar intake and he could do this by cutting out most of the junk food and sugary drinks and that the ready meals which contained noodles were the worst general offenders for food, and sugary drinks such as the common fizzy pops which are heavily marketed were the second. He claimed there were a range of other foods he could eat instead which had proven health benefits and by reducing the unhealthy foods with healthy foods he could reduce his blood sugar levels to at least pre-diabetic stages, of by replacing the unhealthy foods with healthier foods he could reduce his blood sugar back to within the normal ranges.

I asked if this was his field of expertise and he said YES, and that in the majority of cases he WOULDN'T put people on Metformin and gave them dietry options instead, and supplemented this with an exercise regime of at least 15 minutes a day where possible, this wouldn't cure people, but would be a very good start, and that he would recommend a regular blood sugar test with their GP of every 3 months to see how how their sugar levels drop, and this is not a quick fix as it takes time to do.

I asked what were the best foods to eat:

Cut the red meats down slowly over a period of time, but do not cut them out totally.
Salads: lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, green leaf salads such as spinach, water cress, or lettuce mixes are the best but all salad items are good.
Green vegetables: cauliflower, spinach cooked, broccoli, onions such as onions or leeks, cabbage, and any vegetables are good for you.
Fruit: blueberries and raspberries are the best, but oranges and limes are also very good, but that any fruit is good for you.

He went further, he said that where possible you should avoid commercially grown foods and if you can afford it you should eat home grown foods where possible as these aren't laced with chemicals as the food laced with chemicals can cause more harm than good.

He suggested cutting down on bread as both white and brown breads have high levels of sugar and some of the supposed low fat breads should be avoided as they contain more sugars than ordinary bread in many cases.
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

More Interesting People - Diabetes Empty Re: More Interesting People - Diabetes

Post by Ausk Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:37 am

Using the power of the internet to educate and inform again assassin.

I for one have never heard of Metformin and would never have known better if i became diabetic and they prescribed it to me, so thank you for this information, its very important.

Ausk

Back to top Go down

Post by mitch Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:38 am

suggest quitting the meat and dairy completely given that its the cause of most dis-ease.

https://nutritionfacts.org/?fwp_search=Diabetes&fwp_content_type=post

mitch
Very helpful
Very helpful

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:17 am

Mitch, he said not, he stated that cutting down slowly is the better option for someone newly diagnosed with diabetes, he suggested making changes slowly to allow the body time to acclimatise to the changes, and the far better option was to introduce healthier foods initially, and cut down on red meats and dairy over time and not all at once.

He did go into the low fat diet option and said the three month regime of a low fat diet works best after someone has significantly lowered their meat and dairy and improved their diet, he said the body needs to become adapt to these changes, at this point the sugar levels are much lower. If and when someone adopts the low fat diet for 3 months after lowering their sugar levels it can trigger or kick start the body into producing more insulin naturally.

Ausk, I have looked at the costs of Metformin and admittadly it was in the American market, the cost of Metformin was under $4 per box, the next cheapest medication was over $12 per box, so commerce and profits again, and for life as it is addictive.
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cidereye Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:47 am

Thanks for this assassin, a really good and encouraging read that makes sense.
cidereye
cidereye
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down