The GOODF Approach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» The infamous DP continus
by urchinatheart Yesterday at 3:01 pm

» Call to the DVLA
by urchinatheart Yesterday at 2:36 pm

» BEWARE OF TSB BANK
by daveiron Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:53 am

» SAR dispute
by RaspberryBlu Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:18 pm

» Help / Advice needed on ongoing neighbour harassment
by memegirl777 Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:51 pm

» United Kingdom? Really?
by assassin Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:17 pm

» DWP and HMRC alleged debts
by assassin Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:20 pm

» Serial Posty been awarded £10'000 for a fake bite
by memegirl777 Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:05 pm

» HSBC advice please.
by Trishiapp28 Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:36 am

» He is going to save us again
by flyingfish Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:00 pm

» Government fraud
by midnight Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:01 am

» THIS IS THE ONE ?
by daveiron Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:45 am

» how to remove a shareholder?
by scrwm Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:06 pm

» I DO NOT CONSENT [62%] - ReformUK got 5% of the electorate. Labour 17%
by badvoc Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:25 pm

» What can ai do about Santander
by Godfastro Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:47 am

» Useful videos Council Tax
by daveiron Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:05 pm

» broadcaster vs me
by scrwm Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:37 pm

» The new GOODF process works
by urchinatheart Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:45 am

» Worth a watch
by LionsShare Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:11 am

» Farmers IsThis What's Needed?
by LionsShare Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:46 pm

» Debt Bomb 11
by Biggiebest Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:05 pm

» accepted dca alleged debt
by Mrblue2015 Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:09 pm

» DVLA
by daveiron Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:20 pm

» Solicitors contacted me via e-mail asking for money.
by Kaddabriol Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:12 pm

» Claiming again
by LionsShare Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:07 am

» Useful Utility Vids
by LionsShare Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:59 pm

» what the bank of england runs the country?
by LionsShare Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:54 pm

» know who you are volume ??
by LionsShare Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:19 pm

by daveiron Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:55 am

» Learning New Skills _Pt 2 Buying Tools
by assassin Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:35 am

» Learning New Skills _Pt 2 Buying Tools
by assassin Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:33 am

» Learning new Skills Part 1
by assassin Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:27 am

» General Equity?
by LionsShare Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:03 pm

» Visit by appointment notice
by Moonbabymum Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:37 pm

» Discussion on Info'd Vids
by LionsShare Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:52 am

» debts loans mortgages etc (tear off slips?)
by LionsShare Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:54 pm

» Quick one
by Lopsum Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:03 pm

» debt settlement payoff
by daveiron Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:58 pm

» Council tax and summons for arrest
by LionsShare Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:17 pm

» Council Tax (getting answers)
by LionsShare Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:57 pm

» council tax 1st of april
by daveiron Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:46 pm

» DSAR
by daveiron Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:28 pm

» Warning about a previous post
by Mrblue2015 Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:10 pm

» Please leave a comment on this site
by daveiron Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:01 pm

» Lithiun Battery Dangers
by badvoc Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:52 pm

» its a trap
by LionsShare Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:49 am

» Car In Trust
by LionsShare Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:05 pm

» Honest Nottingham Po-lice
by assassin Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:11 am

» Why you rebut a complaint
by assassin Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:05 am

» Village Winter
by assassin Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:03 am

» Sand Batteries
by assassin Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:45 pm

» Hoist Portfolio Holding Limited
by Indebttoo Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:03 pm

» Occupier
by assassin Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:27 pm

» Electric Vehicles
by assassin Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:54 pm

» *** URGENT *** PLEASE HELP
by daveiron Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:02 pm

Moon phases

Hoist Portfolio/Howard Cohen – Letter of Claim ?

+3
daveiron
Theatchet
barnwebb
7 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Hoist Portfolio/Howard Cohen – Letter of Claim ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hoist Portfolio/Howard Cohen – Letter of Claim ?

Post by barnwebb Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:48 pm

I have no idea what you're talking about with the La Rue de Mesurier Tiggy, when I looked it up all I got was links to the de Mesurier family.

Thanks for clarifying the CPR 31 only goes after the claim has been received. I seem to remember with the CPR 18 and 31 that they are supposed to produce the documents within 14 days or was that something else, am I day dreaming ?

I'll definitely send the CCA direct to Hoist.

Seems that the UK address for Hoist is the address for Robinsons Way so that will save me from sending things to Jersey.

barnwebb
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Hoist Portfolio/Howard Cohen – Letter of Claim ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hoist Portfolio/Howard Cohen – Letter of Claim ?

Post by Tiggy Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:18 pm

La Rue de Masurier, it's in one of the two addresses you typed in your post !!!

Tiggy

Back to top Go down

Post by barnwebb Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:49 pm

Ooopppsss, my bad Tiggy, I must be going mental with the stress, I should have noticed that straight off haha, cheers Rolling Eyes Laughing

barnwebb
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by barnwebb Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:12 pm

Well this is fun (not) if you look at this link .... https://www.jerseyfinance.je/member-directory/hoist-portfolio-holding-ltd .... then click on "Meet the Board" it comes up with Geoff Cook as CEO. Try this link .... https://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-8225686 .... and it's Mr Peter Hermansson as CEO, maybe I'll stick with the Robinson Way CEO as it's a lottery to work out who the real CEO is.

barnwebb
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggy Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:35 pm

barnwebb wrote:Well this is fun (not) if you look at this link .... https://www.jerseyfinance.je/member-directory/hoist-portfolio-holding-ltd .... then click on "Meet the Board" it comes up with Geoff Cook as CEO.  Try this link .... https://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-8225686 .... and it's Mr Peter Hermansson as CEO, maybe I'll stick with the Robinson Way CEO as it's a lottery to work out who the real CEO is.

NO, NO, NO !M when I say 'it's vital you send the CCA request to Hoist along with the £1 fee' I do actually mean IT'S VITAL YOU SEND CCA REQUEST TO HOIST !!

Tiggy

Back to top Go down

Post by barnwebb Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:27 pm

Don't worry I was going to send it to Hoist but this is where the dilemma comes in Tiggy, "hoist portfolio holdings 2 limited" doesn't actually exist it would seem.

The La Rue de Mesurier address for "hoist portfolio holdings limited" (without "2" added) is in Jersey but has a Manchester phone number which would appear to be connected with the Robinson address in Salford as Hoist own them and use them as the bully boy muscle.

I think it probably best I send the CCA request to Jersey although I suspect I'll get directed back to Salford. I might just put both CEO names on it, one of them might be right.

It's all smoke and mirrors with this bunch eh !

barnwebb
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by barnwebb Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:16 pm

Below is a version of the Pre Action Conduct I’ve rediscovered on my computer copied from the previous goodf site. Is there a newer, more hard hitting version ? Also, is it set in stone due to the Civil Procedure Rules etc or can it be enhanced using slices from the “3 letters” added in to the appropriate areas for example, parts of the below could be spliced in:

1. A true copy of the Original Agreement.I am unable to accept a photocopy.
2. A copy of the contract signed by both parties.
3. Verification of your claim ( a sworn affidavit or hand signed invoice in accordance
with the Bills of Exchange Act 1882).
4. Validation of the alleged debt (actual accounting).
5. A signed statement that you are in possession of the Original Agreement,
and that this agreement has never been sold or traded in any way.
If you are not in possession of the Original Agreement, I require to know why not
and also where it is now.
6. A signed statement that no insurance claim has or will be made in respect of this
account.
7. A signed statement that the Original Agreement did not create the credit ,
thereby making me the creditor.

and

See (Van Lynn Developments v Pelias Construction Co Ltd 1998.[3] All ER 824)
Where Lord Denning MR said " the debtor is entitled to veiw the sale agreement to
ensure that the assignee can give him good discharge under the contract"

Also; [Webster v Ridgeway (2009) ] " Where a debtor is entitled to see a redacted
version.
You must also include a true copy of the Deed of Novation (not photocopy) showing
the signatures of all three parties.

etc,etc !!

Any thoughts on this ??

Pre Action Conduct letter below:-

SENT BY RECORDED DELIVERY Your address

Your ref.:

Their address

Date

Dear Sirs,

Re: Your Client – xxxxx Limited
Pre Action Conduct - Request for Information

With regard to your letter dated xxxxx 2015, which stated Legal Action would be taken, I take this to be a Letter before Action under the above named Pre Action Conduct Protocol and as such I am responding accordingly.

As you have indicated you are acting on behalf of xxxxx Limited in this action, I assume you are authorised to accept service of documentation, therefore, please accept this request for Information sufficient to understand the claim being threatened and as such is in accordance Section 3 of the Pre Action Conduct, by way of Service Upon You and your client.

As I have never entered into any Legal Agreement or Contract with your client, for any monies or specifically for the alleged amount of £xxxxx; and I neither accept nor acknowledge the assertion any debt has been Legally and Absolutely Assigned to your client, I therefore, request the following documentation under Pre Action Conduct Section 6 (c) as proof of your Clients assertions of a Legal Obligation, to be provided to me within 40 days of the post marked date of this letter.

I. Pursuant to s.77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (CCA1974) a copy of the Original Signed Consumer Credit Agreement, along with a copy of the original Terms & Conditions and any and all subsequent changes in said Terms & Conditions.

II. Statements of the Account referred to, including details of all payments made and calculation of how interest was charged against each item, leading to the Alleged Debt of £xxxxx.

III. Also, as this is an Alleged Debt, I believe Default Charges may have been applied to the Account and as such may be unlawful under the Unfair Consumer Contract Terms Regulations 1999, therefore, I would request details of each and every Default Charge applied to the Account (i.e. if the charge was for ‘Administration’ what Administration was undertaken to support the Default Charge) along with details of any Interest Charged against each Default Charge applied.

IV. In accordance with Section 87.1 Of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (as amended) a copy of the Default Notice from the original owners of the Alleged Debt and Certified Copies of how this was served upon me.

V. A copy of the Legal / Absolute Assignment of the Agreement, including a copy of a Duly Executed Deed of Assignment and / or Deed of Tripartite Novation; and

VI. In accordance with Section 196 of the Law of Property Act 1925, Certified Copies of how I was served with the Alleged Legal Assignment.

VII. A copy of the Alleged Notice of Assignment sent by the original creditor to the Defendant and again, in accordance with Section 196 of the Law of Property Act 1925, Certified Copies of how this was Served upon me.

Should proceedings commence against me and your client fail to provide each and every document requested, I will make an Application to the Court to Stay your Clients claim until the request is complied with and request the Court impose Sanctions against yourself and your client for failure to adhere to the provisions of the above mentioned Practice Direction.

Also please be aware, each document listed is required to provide absolute and legal proof of your client’s contention of a legal indebtedness towards them and again, should your client fail to produce said documentation and Proceedings Commence against me.

As a part of my defence I will re-request production of each and every document under an appropriate Civil Procedure Rule, along with a request under CPR Part 39.a (3.3) for the original of every document upon which you intend to rely be brought to any subsequent hearing for examination.

Please note, where I have mentioned a document and there is in your clients possession more than one version of that same document owing to a modification, obliteration or other marking or feature, each version will be a separate document and you must provide a copy of each version of it to me. Your obligations extend to making a reasonable and proportionate search for any version(s) to include an obligation to recover and preserve such version(s) which are now in the possession of a third party.

I look forward to your response in due course.

Yours faithfully

barnwebb
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggy Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:01 pm

Adapt as you wish, you could also add in that you also believe their client is attempting Unlawful Enrichment and as such you require full disclosure of how much they have alledgedly paid for this alleged debt, add in if they fail to disclose at pre action stage you will apply to the Court for a disclosure order.

Tiggy

Back to top Go down

Post by barnwebb Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:21 am

Thanks Tiggy, not heard of the term 'Unlawful Enrichment' before, I suppose that's the legal term for profiteering ...... I shall certainly squeeze that in. Smile

barnwebb
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by barnwebb Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:40 pm

Here's a quick update.

I sent the CCA request direct to Hoist in Jersey with a copy of the Pre Action Conduct letter.

I sent the Pre Action Conduct letter direct to Howard Cohen with a copy of the CCA request.

Today I received the bog standard "blah, blah" template from Robinson Way about my 'request' and how they've asked for 'a copy of the agreement/statement' and they have put the account on temporary hold and will contact me when they receive the documentation.

This could be interesting as they have already had two years to find it.

barnwebb
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by barnwebb Tue May 15, 2018 4:00 pm

Here's a quick update.

Forgot to say that I received another Robinson Way template letter in the middle of April saying they haven't yet received a response from the original creditor, account is temporarily stopped etc etc, the usual bull.

Hoping that they are screwed and I can get on with my life.

barnwebb
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by barnwebb Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:23 pm

Here's a quick update.

Here we are five months on and after receiving a number of letters from Robinson Way saying exactly the same as before I've recently got one informing me that Hoist have passed the parcel to another branch or subsidiary of Hoist and that Robinson Way is still my contact point.

Tell me the point of that ?

barnwebb
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by barnwebb Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:57 pm

Hi folks, an update at last.

OK, well, I've received a packet containing 'copy statement' s, (not certified as genuine or otherwise) and what is alleged to be the CCA but it's a blurry unreadable photocopy (not certified as genuine or otherwise).

They have also sent what they allege to be the 'Default Notice' but it comes from Mercer Debt Collections Ltd and not Barclaycard directly (Mercer being part of Barclays of course) again not certified as genuine or otherwise.

Is this 'DN' even remotely legitimate as it does not come from Barclaycard themselves ??

barnwebb
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by barnwebb Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:54 pm

Any goodf people want to make a comment about the above ?

barnwebb
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by barnwebb Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:09 pm

Things have been quiet and I'm hoping it stays that way !

barnwebb
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:03 pm

Hi barnwebb,
You dont say what the date of the agreement was .
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by barnwebb Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:11 am

Hi daveiron,

Thanks for the quick reply.

The agreement was year 2000, the photocopy they sent quite some time ago was close to totally unreadable and wasn't signed by anyone from the original creditor either.

barnwebb
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:29 am

I would be inclined to send a SAR to the OC .If that comes back with the exact unreadable agreement you can be pretty sure that is all they have.
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by barnwebb Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:09 pm

ok, thanks daveiron,

Just to clarify something I posted above on March 6 I've copied and pasted it below, what are your thoughts on it ?

'They have also sent what they allege to be the 'Default Notice' but it comes from Mercer Debt Collections Ltd and not Barclaycard directly (Mercer being part of Barclays of course) again not certified as genuine or otherwise.'

'Is this 'DN' even remotely legitimate as it does not come from Barclaycard themselves ??'

barnwebb
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:19 pm

Do the sar to the OC that must include the DF if they issued one ,then check it against the one Mercers sent.

Just noticed , they have been sending threats for the past 3 1/2 years , that tells a lot !
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by barnwebb Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:59 pm

Yes, 3 1/2 years so far and if I can keep them at bay until next year (not sure when exactly) it will become 6 year unenforciable statute barred.

I might well do a SAR now that they are free to do.

barnwebb
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrblue2015 Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:13 pm

daveiron wrote:Do the sar to the OC that must include the DF if they issued one

I’ve sent SARs to OCs where I already had the original default notices but the OCs did not include them in their SAR pack of documents. They like to be ‘selective’ it would appear... ;-)

(In my particular case that’s fine as - as I say - I had the originals anyway...)
Mrblue2015
Mrblue2015

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:27 pm

In that case they should be reported to the ICO.
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrblue2015 Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:02 am

Yep I have a few complaint letters to write! I think they (the OCs etc) know the real reason why we are requesting SARs and hence they are being ‘clever / tactful’ with their incomplete responses...
Mrblue2015
Mrblue2015

Back to top Go down

Post by barnwebb Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:26 pm

Sorry to put my other link on here daveiron & Mrblue but what is the criteria for a 'compliant' Default Notice ?

https://goodf.forumotion.com/t1800p125-lowell-threatening-me-again#24056

barnwebb
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next