The GOODF Approach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Supply What Does It Mean?
by flyingfish Yesterday at 10:17 pm

» Speed ticket Is This The Way To Go?
by flyingfish Yesterday at 10:11 pm

» Know who you are
by daveiron Yesterday at 7:28 am

» DSAR
by brownowl Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:15 pm

» Council Tax questions we should all be asking
by LionsShare Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:20 am

» Whats In A Name?
by LionsShare Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:49 pm

» The infamous DP continus
by Biggiebest Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:20 pm

» Purchased Used car, thew con rod after 4 weeks, 40,000mi on clock, can we get out of the finance?
by assassin Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:19 am

» C'Tax & The Bradbury Pound System
by flyingfish Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:21 pm

» Warranty issues
by brownowl Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:05 pm

» Smart Meter and Pre Pay Meter remedy
by daveiron Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:29 am

» are they feeling the pinch...?
by pitano1 Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:19 pm

» Fruit
by assassin Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:36 am

» Are Lowell getting desperate ?
by waylander62 Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:08 pm

» Electric Vehicles
by assassin Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:57 am

» Water charges
by daveiron Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:36 am

» 20 mph speed limit enforcable????
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:26 pm

» Allotments
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:54 am

» Energy debt
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:49 am

» HO HO HO not that shinning or with clean hands !!!!!!
by Lopsum Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:04 pm

» Psychological Operation - Evidence on more fraud
by Lopsum Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:00 pm

» Allodial Title
by urchinatheart Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Grow Potatoes
by Mrblue2015 Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:18 am

» Feed Yourself For Less
by assassin Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:23 pm

» New GOODF - small account closed upon Notice 3
by RaspberryBlu Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:02 pm

» DWP
by daveiron Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:23 am

» LGA1888 sect79 sub2
by urchinatheart Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:15 am

» Know Who You Are Even More Volumes To Come
by LionsShare Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:24 am

» Woke, Nimbys, Snowflakes and idiots
by urchinatheart Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:09 am

» Never Buy Seeds Again
by assassin Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:14 pm

» Ovo bank giro?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:07 pm

» Is your car a government remote controled car???
by Lopsum Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:48 pm

» peacekeepers apprantly get a c'tax win?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:14 am

» Can I Complete The Food Circle
by urchinatheart Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:46 am

» Council tax and summons for arrest
by LionsShare Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:44 pm

» THIS IS THE ONE ?
by schist Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:04 pm

» Garden Share
by assassin Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:37 pm

» Serial Posty been awarded £10'000 for a fake bite
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:23 pm

» The new ruling, lie-ability order
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:04 pm

by schist Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:00 pm

» DVLA [Hick] Does It Work [Hick] ?
by Miss Kermit Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 pm

» know who you are volume ??
by daveiron Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:38 pm

» Hopefully A Success
by daveiron Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:28 pm

» Most Complete Bank Giro Credit
by LionsShare Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:06 pm

» Knowing our Lawful rights
by daveiron Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:05 am

» More Illegal Immigrants
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:43 pm

» SAR dispute
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:32 pm

» There goes Ireland, his off.
by midnight Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:07 pm

» Call to the DVLA
by urchinatheart Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:36 pm

» BEWARE OF TSB BANK
by daveiron Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:53 am

» Help / Advice needed on ongoing neighbour harassment
by memegirl777 Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:51 pm

» United Kingdom? Really?
by assassin Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:17 pm

» DWP and HMRC alleged debts
by assassin Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:20 pm

» HSBC advice please.
by Trishiapp28 Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:36 am

» He is going to save us again
by flyingfish Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:00 pm

Moon phases

Setting up a trust

+7
badvoc
assassin
handle
Waffle
Ausk
daveiron
Lawful rebel
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Setting up a trust Empty Setting up a trust

Post by Lawful rebel Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:12 am

Hi folks as we are all mostly aware being behind a trust is a great protection of assets, a strategy that it seems all the wealthy employ but with the hefty solicitors fees involved in setting up a trust it puts this option out of many people's reach so does anyone know of the cheapest option to do this?
my thoughts are that as this country is based on common law a well drafted document witnessed and notarized should have validity and standing in a court of record to uphold the wishes of the beneficiary,is anyone doing or done this through the common law route? any advice or comments appreciated.

thanks in advance...
Lawful rebel
Lawful rebel
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Setting up a trust Empty Re: Setting up a trust

Post by daveiron Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:30 am

They are my thoughts as well ,Its something i have been thinking about but have not yet got around to doing.

There is a lot of info about how trusts work ,but very little on the nuts & bolts of how to set one up thats also watertight.

Can anyone elaborate on the process ?
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ausk Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:47 am

Search for these documents:

Trust Law Primer
New-Trustee-Handbook-2008
Whats in a Trust - Part One to Four

Should get you started.

Ausk

Back to top Go down

Post by Waffle Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:35 pm

Hi all.

Trusts are governed by equity. Common law dosnt recognise trusts but instead sees contracts. Trusts are Chancery and equity.

There are a number of ways to set up a trust depending on desired outcomes. There are also various types of trusts it's important to select the most appropriate trype of trust for your circumstances and desired outcomes.

There is no point in signing a trust instrument and getting it notorised as a trust does not need to be notorised for it to be recognised. Statutory trust are recognised in accordance with the recognition of trusts act 1987. However for a trust to be recognised in equity it needs to meet the three certainties test.

There is a range of ways to set up a trust at various financial levels. Some cheap some more expensive you can do it yourself very securely if you have the right documents.

Last edited by Waffle on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Waffle
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by assassin Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:59 am

How do you fit an engine to a trust Waffle? unless it is an electric motor.
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Waffle Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:45 am

If you want to set up an off shore business trust and private family trust you neeed money these though are tax free businesses and the highest grade of asset protection you can get. If you have interests in land then most likely you'll need a professional trustee but this is not always the case. If you wish to secure property in trust this is much easier and you can use this as an asset protection method against "creditors" but it's mostly unique to each individual and their circumstances. For the latter it's mostly about selecting the most appropriate trust or selecting the correct capacity i.e. either Trustee or beneficiary

Waffle
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:13 am

Hi waffle,

I agree with Handle ,a section on trusts would be useful.
I have looked in to trusts as have many others and can recommend the 30 odd podcasts by Alister Hudson & also Richard Ansah. That will explain the various type of trusts.
What I believe is needed is once you have found which type of trust you require ,How to put it it into a document without a solicitor .
From what I gather a simple trust is very easily set up ,but no one seems to show any examples on paper.
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lawful rebel Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:40 am

Thanks for the reply's... it does look like many of us are very interested in how to set up a trust and as mentioned trying to find examples is like traveling through fog!

in our case we want to secure the property and land from being sold by the kids when they inherit with a basic stipulation of maintaining the croft for future family generations at the moment for the horses though after they have gone to continue giving back and looking after the land as here in Cornwall so much has been commercially raped and left barren without the respect it deserves.
as a side note this property is not registered with LR but bounded and registered at the Stannary courts exclusively under Stannary jurisdiction to which is very interesting and protective.

it would be a great benefit to all of us to have a section on trusts even if it only gives a basic understanding on how too.

Lawful rebel
Lawful rebel
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Waffle Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:22 pm

I haven't been on GOODF for a while but I'm sure I did start some threads specifically on trusts and equity....

Sounds like you need to speak to a professional trustee. The land and property can all be vested into a trust where it can't be sold and any other wishes you have can be included in the trust instrument and the trustee will be obliged to make sure they are fulfilled. When you set up a trust the settlor will vest the land and property and how this will be managed are all laws and any trustee will be compelled by any judge to ensure the settlors laws are complied with. Very powerful. Providing the trust is set up 9 years before you depart this plain there won't be any inheritance tax liabilities.

If you set up a trust and don't lay down any laws the the trust will be administrated by the rules of equity if needs be. Equity means fairness and is becoming a popular jurisprudence to invoke when anyone is in court.

Trusts can be creative and you can be the creator it's pretty much the only means of private conveyancing everything else is following statutory obligations or common law contracts. You use trusts to protect you assets and make laws for how your life is going to be governed. Without using trust instrument you are basically intestate and treated as such. The law will make you follow the rules they have made for you. It's a means of self governance and empowering.

Sorry I can't help with trust instruments it's cost me a lot of time and money to acquire what I have and wouldn't be fair on others involved if I just gave them away.

You can practice setting up your own trust but if you don't have all the laws laid out necessary it could default into equity if the system has to get involved for any particular reason.

Waffle
dedicated
dedicated

Serenidade likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Waffle Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:31 pm

Anything can be as long as it's unique and identifiable

Waffle
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:37 am

Trusts are very complex and a section on them may lead to confusion among readers and this is the problem. Any type of trust can be set up and there are so many types and so many variations of what people want to achieve, and this is where I foresee any problems.

If people do want a section on trusts and they can see through the problems then I am all for it.
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by badvoc Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:28 am

would the Trusts be Private or statutory ?

badvoc
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:48 am

handle wrote:Assassin, you don’t say whether you want a section on trusts.

This would have to be discussed among the site admin and if there were enough support for a trusts section I cannot see a reason for not having one.

I have highlighted the potential problems, and if Waffle wants to work through those problems I cannot see any real issues, but we also have to bear in mind that many site members do not have as much experience as others, and that such a section could lead people down the wrong track, and that a small number of people come to the site looking for quick answers and then leave.
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Little D Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:35 am

handle wrote:I didn’t think this site was policing general discussion on topics.
Surely the members discuss what they want, after all it is the members that make goodf.

Trusts are an integral part of goodf discussion and always have been.

Too often the phrase “don’t want people to get confused” is actually another way of perpetuating the “nanny state” concept in restricting what people can discuss regarding trusts. It’s not for others to decide what is confusing for people as Everyone has different levels of understanding and life experience, hence the purpose of a forum. I am, of course, not referring to offensive posting but am referring to general discussion of a very relevant topic.

No-one is policing general discussion on topics. Stop being a wet fart handle.

A whole section does not need dedicating to trusts. They are a legal matter and we have a legal resource section already.

ADVANCED EQUITY AND TRUSTS := https://goodf.forumotion.com/t2292-advanced-equity-and-trusts

If the site were to appease every demand for a new section on a whim then it would make all sections convoluted.

Little D
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by Little D Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:47 pm

handle wrote:Calling me a “wet fart” is rude and offensive. My post was polite.
Calling names leads to people afraid of posting and if you think namecalling is going to promote likeminded people coming to this site then you surprise me.

actinglikeabanker wrote:
handle wrote:I didn’t think this site was policing general discussion on topics.
Surely the members discuss what they want, after all it is the members that make goodf.

Too often the phrase “don’t want people to get confused” is actually another way of perpetuating the “nanny state” concept in restricting what people can discuss regarding trusts. It’s not for others to decide what is confusing for people as Everyone has different levels of understanding and life experience, hence the purpose of a forum. I am, of course, not referring to offensive posting but am referring to general discussion of a very relevant topic.

No-one is policing general discussion on topics. Stop being a wet fart handle.

A whole section does not need dedicating to trusts. They are a legal matter and we have a legal resource section already.

ADVANCED EQUITY AND TRUSTS := https://goodf.forumotion.com/t2292-advanced-equity-and-trusts

If the site were to appease every demand for a new section on a whim then it would make all sections convoluted.

You seem to be edging for an argument or to prove some point about censorship. If I were to call you names then I wouldn't be so polite as to say 'Stop being a wet fart handle'.

Do you want a cuddle?.

J *unt is pushing for laws against bullying online for the touchy sensitive types perhaps we need a safe space section, lets lobby for that hey?.

Little D
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by Little D Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:38 pm

handle wrote:Nope , not the argumentative type. You would struggle to find any of my posts argumentative here or on the previous site. Your posts are good and informative, just surprised at your choice of words.

Simply pointing out that people might find things confusing is actually no ones responsibility.

Actually it is, especially if people come here and take some information (that could be wrong or not complete) and then run off half cocked and fail in whatever they are trying to achieve and then come back and blame the site/admin or members, there are plenty of examples of this.

None of the admin (whilst I don't speak for them) want to confuse people who come here or create even bigger problems. assassin was clear in a potential approach that waffle could essentially manage. I personally don't think it is a good idea as it places to much of a demand on a member and creates dependency, which is why I created the thread on trusts based on an education syllabus so that if people want to educate and empower themselves then they can follow a pre-set 'proven' course specifically based around trusts.  

I personally do not think we need a whole section around trusts as we have a legal resource section that was rationalised out specifically to broadly capture multiple topics such as this. I know it was rationalised out as I was the one who put forward that section and spent hours going through the old site to see what would fit and where.

If it makes you feel any better, I can be a wet fart at times also Wink.

Little D
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by Lawful rebel Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:01 pm

Thanks for the replies so far though i must add unity rather than division is crucial to practical dialogue and its benefits imho prevention is better than finding cures.

Its long been recognsed that to create a fortress one must build walls to keep the enemy at bay the current approach is to put sticking plasters on the wounds inflicted by the kakistocracy* of today,taking a leaf from there book is so blindingly obvious which is to separate the  assets from the private person! if that was the goal then sending three letters and the associated defenses would be moot as we would all be shielded by a trust "just like them" for myself and others who can see it a solid foundation is necessary for any building to be worthy  same go's for us and our standing in life yes we can look for and use loop holes but why should we when all we need to do is to protect ourselves Ab initio "from the beginning", with a trust you have your basic foundations set ready for any incoming so why the resistance to empower everyone both here at the forum and in legal land? with the legals its easy to see they dont want the great unwashed at the same table! trust laws mind numbing structure is designed solely to feed the lawyers coffers from those that have funds to create a trust and makes it like learning a new language for the rest who have tried to master there codes! some can do it most can not. the point of this thread was to establish a "how too" using the law of the land "common law" and not parasitic lawyers. legal advice is not expected or required here its a platform for the exchange of information from the interested to the experiences of any who have ventured down this route and imho the way forward.

*Kakistocracy
A kakistocracy is a system of government which is run by the worst, least qualified, or most unscrupulous citizens.
Lawful rebel
Lawful rebel
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:48 am

ALAB makes a very good point, and the point about confusing people is a perfectly valid one as bad or incorrect information does more damage than good, and I personally resent any claim that I am perpetuating the nanny state when I am highlighting genuine issues and giving a possible solution to them, in point of fact it is opening up the debate about introducing a possible new section and not suppressing debate as you claim.

Have you posted for Waffle to see if he is willing to overcome the highlighted problems?
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next