The GOODF Approach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» The infamous DP continus
by urchinatheart Yesterday at 3:01 pm

» Call to the DVLA
by urchinatheart Yesterday at 2:36 pm

» BEWARE OF TSB BANK
by daveiron Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:53 am

» SAR dispute
by RaspberryBlu Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:18 pm

» Help / Advice needed on ongoing neighbour harassment
by memegirl777 Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:51 pm

» United Kingdom? Really?
by assassin Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:17 pm

» DWP and HMRC alleged debts
by assassin Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:20 pm

» Serial Posty been awarded £10'000 for a fake bite
by memegirl777 Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:05 pm

» HSBC advice please.
by Trishiapp28 Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:36 am

» He is going to save us again
by flyingfish Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:00 pm

» Government fraud
by midnight Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:01 am

» THIS IS THE ONE ?
by daveiron Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:45 am

» how to remove a shareholder?
by scrwm Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:06 pm

» I DO NOT CONSENT [62%] - ReformUK got 5% of the electorate. Labour 17%
by badvoc Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:25 pm

» What can ai do about Santander
by Godfastro Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:47 am

» Useful videos Council Tax
by daveiron Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:05 pm

» broadcaster vs me
by scrwm Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:37 pm

» The new GOODF process works
by urchinatheart Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:45 am

» Worth a watch
by LionsShare Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:11 am

» Farmers IsThis What's Needed?
by LionsShare Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:46 pm

» Debt Bomb 11
by Biggiebest Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:05 pm

» accepted dca alleged debt
by Mrblue2015 Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:09 pm

» DVLA
by daveiron Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:20 pm

» Solicitors contacted me via e-mail asking for money.
by Kaddabriol Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:12 pm

» Claiming again
by LionsShare Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:07 am

» Useful Utility Vids
by LionsShare Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:59 pm

» what the bank of england runs the country?
by LionsShare Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:54 pm

» know who you are volume ??
by LionsShare Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:19 pm

by daveiron Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:55 am

» Learning New Skills _Pt 2 Buying Tools
by assassin Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:35 am

» Learning New Skills _Pt 2 Buying Tools
by assassin Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:33 am

» Learning new Skills Part 1
by assassin Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:27 am

» General Equity?
by LionsShare Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:03 pm

» Visit by appointment notice
by Moonbabymum Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:37 pm

» Discussion on Info'd Vids
by LionsShare Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:52 am

» debts loans mortgages etc (tear off slips?)
by LionsShare Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:54 pm

» Quick one
by Lopsum Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:03 pm

» debt settlement payoff
by daveiron Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:58 pm

» Council tax and summons for arrest
by LionsShare Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:17 pm

» Council Tax (getting answers)
by LionsShare Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:57 pm

» council tax 1st of april
by daveiron Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:46 pm

» DSAR
by daveiron Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:28 pm

» Warning about a previous post
by Mrblue2015 Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:10 pm

» Please leave a comment on this site
by daveiron Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:01 pm

» Lithiun Battery Dangers
by badvoc Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:52 pm

» its a trap
by LionsShare Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:49 am

» Car In Trust
by LionsShare Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:05 pm

» Honest Nottingham Po-lice
by assassin Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:11 am

» Why you rebut a complaint
by assassin Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:05 am

» Village Winter
by assassin Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:03 am

» Sand Batteries
by assassin Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:45 pm

» Hoist Portfolio Holding Limited
by Indebttoo Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:03 pm

» Occupier
by assassin Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:27 pm

» Electric Vehicles
by assassin Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:54 pm

» *** URGENT *** PLEASE HELP
by daveiron Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:02 pm

Moon phases

Duped into guarantor, severe mental health issues

+2
daveiron
Solosmurf
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Duped into guarantor, severe mental health issues - Page 2 Empty Re: Duped into guarantor, severe mental health issues

Post by Solosmurf Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:47 pm

I'll try and get it posted from my old iPad which I should get back tomorrow, i kept a photocopy but you can't see the ink stamp where the court stamp is supposed to be.
Apparently the ex who got the money is still at the address she used to get the loan, obviously confident she's gotten away with doing this.

Solosmurf
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Duped into guarantor, severe mental health issues - Page 2 Empty Re: Duped into guarantor, severe mental health issues

Post by daveiron Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:11 am

You say they had taken payments from his bank account ,i presume this was via a direct debit.
See what others think ,I think it would be a good idea to do a claw back on them ,it was after all
taken in error.
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Solosmurf Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:40 pm

I've not been able to upload any documentation regarding this problem, but could email them with personal info redacted if that would help. (Say to Waylander or Assassin)

I have checked with them again and they have definitely not been to court. The paperwork from the County Court Money Collection Service does however seem to be legit. I am hoping to have her call on Monday to confirm either way.

Amigo Loans have been aware of his mental health issues since December and were offered proof in the form of medical records but have not as yet taken the offer on. Would it be of any use sending them a letter saying that although this was the case it is surprising that they decided to act in bad faith and continue to pursue the case? To date there is nothing in writing between his girlfriend and Amigo Loans, everything has been done over the phone.

I had drafted a letter, not posted as yet, which simply states that he had only recently been released from hospital, does not understand what a guarantor is and was in no state of mind to agree to anything, nor does he recall even being asked to do so. At least if they receive a reply they will have something in writing.

Solosmurf
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Solosmurf Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:47 am

Hello, I think I've finally sorted out the posting problem. I've not been trying to gain direct access to anybody, it's just that I've a really bad memory after a fall, made worse by stress so I keep all my passwords on an old phone which I'd misplaced. I've now managed to track it down and log in again on the iPad.

I've had a look at doing the Notice of Rescission and made a few notes as to what to put into it and I've drafted a basic letter to the lender reminding them that they were notified of the mental health of the supposed guarantor, and offered medical records as proof if required. I was thinking that a letter stating something similar to the Collection Service informing them of the same might give some breathing space. I'd really appreciate any help because the girlfriend is beside herself and he's not doing too well at the moment either.

Hopefully the document will post below.Duped into guarantor, severe mental health issues - Page 2 Img_0610

Solosmurf
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by waylander62 Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:46 pm

That looks very much to me that they did issue a claim through the bulk centre as it has a claim number and a date of service on it !

this is worrying as you would have had to have acknowledged service by 4th July and then have submitted a defence of this claim by 18th July !!??

have you done either of those thing ?? if not then they will win by default !!
this appears to be an urgent matter now, you can check online using the details on the claim form urgent action is very much required and NOW !!

waylander62
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by Solosmurf Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:31 pm

They are away from home until tomorrow but I've asked them to come past as a matter of urgency and we'll call the court then.

Solosmurf
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Solosmurf Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:08 pm

Just a quick update. We called the court who referred us to the County Court Money Claims Centre. Amigo has gone no further with their claim as yet so we have time to get his medical records to send in with his defence. Despite him being able to prove he was legally incompetent at the time it's apparently still up to the judge to decide whether or not he'll be held liable. Understandably this is having a negative effect on his mental health and he mentioned that he feels very insecure and unhappy and can't understand why this is happening. We have sent an email to the FCA outlining his situation and are awaiting their response.

Solosmurf
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by waylander62 Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:27 pm

I would still deny ever agreeing to be guarantor for this loan, amigo cannot go any further until the deadline which is the 18th july

they can then go for default judgment so be careful.

the defence needs submitting and quickly, it can be e mailed if necessary.

deny ever being guarantor, then explain that he could not possibly agree due to his mental health issues. use my previous posts but submit a defence.

waylander62
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by Solosmurf Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:54 am

Thanks again Waylander. We have notified the Court and the collection service that he is denying responsibility on grounds of mental incapacity. The collection centre have said he can have a few days to get more paperwork from the GP etc. He should hopefully have those by Friday at the latest and they'll be scanned in and emailed over.

Solosmurf
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by waylander62 Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:47 pm

Solosmurf wrote:Thanks again Waylander.  We have notified the Court and the collection service that he is denying responsibility on grounds of mental incapacity.  The collection centre have said he can have a few days to get more paperwork from the GP etc.  He should hopefully have those by Friday at the latest and they'll be scanned in and emailed over.  

good that will be great for defending the issue now, but he also needs GP evidence that he would never have been able to agree to being guarantor in the first place.

waylander62
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:00 am

Then hit them with a huge claim.
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:37 am

Not forgetting of course the bitch that got him in this mess in the first place.
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Solosmurf Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:45 pm

We now have the medical evidence and I'm scanning it onto emails to both the Court and the complaints department at Amigo Loans. We have also had a reply from the FCA who will obviously not get involved unless Amigo decide not to follow the rules. Once they've sorted this out they will be going after her.

Solosmurf
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by waylander62 Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:15 pm

the FCA will not get involved unless they decide Amigo did not to follow the rules !!??

what a cop out, FCA are worthless i would love to see the FCA letter.

waylander62
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by Solosmurf Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:17 pm

You are right Waylander, the FCA didn't get involved other than to provide the name of the Complaints Manger at Amigo as well as her personal email address. I emailed the defence pack to the court and a letter to Amigo complaints, giving the new girlfriends contact details for any responses. I saw her a few days ago and she hasn't heard anything from either of them as yet. I've said that if they need anymore help with it to let me know so now it's just a matter of wait and see.

Solosmurf
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Solosmurf Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:06 pm

We have just been informed that this matter went to court without the man being present, they are claiming he did not respond to the initial paperwork. The decision is that he must pay and an extra £500 for court costs. The paperwork was definitely sent through, both by post and by email.

Again, the man is beside himself worrying that they are going to go after his house.

Solosmurf
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Emoboy7 Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:06 am

Guys, in all honesty, before you decide to start medicating with various drugs,  try to do some exercises for healthy brain — this, in its turn will save some of your money.

Emoboy7
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by waylander62 Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:20 pm

Solosmurf wrote:We have just been informed that this matter went to court without the man being present, they are claiming he did not respond to the initial paperwork.  The decision is that he must pay and an extra £500 for court costs.  The paperwork was definitely sent through, both by post and by email.

Again, the man is beside himself worrying that they are going to go after his house.

sounds very much to me that either they got a default judgment or that the court accepted the defence then set a hearing date which the defendant did not respond to or did not attend the hearing, whereby the claimant won the case ?

really dont have enough information to a go on ?

waylander62
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2