The GOODF Approach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fruit
by assassin Today at 4:36 am

» Are Lowell getting desperate ?
by waylander62 Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:08 pm

» Electric Vehicles
by assassin Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:57 am

» Water charges
by daveiron Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:36 am

» 20 mph speed limit enforcable????
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:26 pm

» DSAR
by brownowl Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:59 pm

» Allotments
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:54 am

» Energy debt
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:49 am

» HO HO HO not that shinning or with clean hands !!!!!!
by Lopsum Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:04 pm

» Psychological Operation - Evidence on more fraud
by Lopsum Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:00 pm

» Allodial Title
by urchinatheart Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Grow Potatoes
by Mrblue2015 Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:18 am

» Feed Yourself For Less
by assassin Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:23 pm

» New GOODF - small account closed upon Notice 3
by RaspberryBlu Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:02 pm

» DWP
by daveiron Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:23 am

» LGA1888 sect79 sub2
by urchinatheart Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:15 am

» Know who you are
by badvoc Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:51 pm

» Know Who You Are Even More Volumes To Come
by LionsShare Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:24 am

» Council Tax questions we should all be asking
by LionsShare Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:05 am

» Woke, Nimbys, Snowflakes and idiots
by urchinatheart Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:09 am

» Never Buy Seeds Again
by assassin Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:14 pm

» Ovo bank giro?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:07 pm

» Is your car a government remote controled car???
by Lopsum Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:48 pm

» peacekeepers apprantly get a c'tax win?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:14 am

» Can I Complete The Food Circle
by urchinatheart Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:46 am

» Council tax and summons for arrest
by LionsShare Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:44 pm

» THIS IS THE ONE ?
by schist Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:04 pm

» Garden Share
by assassin Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:37 pm

» Serial Posty been awarded £10'000 for a fake bite
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:23 pm

» The new ruling, lie-ability order
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:04 pm

by schist Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:00 pm

» DVLA [Hick] Does It Work [Hick] ?
by Miss Kermit Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 pm

» know who you are volume ??
by daveiron Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:38 pm

» Hopefully A Success
by daveiron Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:28 pm

» Most Complete Bank Giro Credit
by LionsShare Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:06 pm

» Knowing our Lawful rights
by daveiron Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:05 am

» More Illegal Immigrants
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:43 pm

» SAR dispute
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:32 pm

» There goes Ireland, his off.
by midnight Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:07 pm

» The infamous DP continus
by urchinatheart Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:01 pm

» Call to the DVLA
by urchinatheart Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:36 pm

» BEWARE OF TSB BANK
by daveiron Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:53 am

» Help / Advice needed on ongoing neighbour harassment
by memegirl777 Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:51 pm

» United Kingdom? Really?
by assassin Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:17 pm

» DWP and HMRC alleged debts
by assassin Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:20 pm

» HSBC advice please.
by Trishiapp28 Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:36 am

» He is going to save us again
by flyingfish Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:00 pm

» Government fraud
by midnight Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:01 am

» how to remove a shareholder?
by scrwm Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:06 pm

» I DO NOT CONSENT [62%] - ReformUK got 5% of the electorate. Labour 17%
by badvoc Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:25 pm

» What can ai do about Santander
by Godfastro Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:47 am

» Useful videos Council Tax
by daveiron Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:05 pm

» broadcaster vs me
by scrwm Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:37 pm

» The new GOODF process works
by urchinatheart Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:45 am

» Worth a watch
by LionsShare Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:11 am

Moon phases

What is happening lately to our broadband connections and is the infrastructure being destroyed?

+2
ceylon
landlubber
6 posters

Go down

What is happening lately to our broadband connections and is the infrastructure being destroyed? Empty What is happening lately to our broadband connections and is the infrastructure being destroyed?

Post by landlubber Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:09 pm

Since the beginning of this month, my broadband provider has seemingly gone into meltdown and a classic case of self denial regarding their service. Day after day, my connection is being lost sometimes for hours at a time and others for minutes in blocks of 10/20/40 without explanation. Now, not being one to accept being crapped upon by anyone, especially some tinpot corporation that cares nought for its customers anyhow, I decided to spend some time researching the situation as it is right now.

My findings show that two of the main providers, BT and SKY, have been having what I consider to be situations that are now completely out of their control. But first, what have they to say about this situation? As can be expected by any and all uncaring corporations, the response is that “there is nothing wrong with our system, it must be at your end.”

The facts are thus: During the past two months, BT is receiving complaints about lack of broadband service from one source alone in the region of 1,000+ customers. These customers range from business clients to everyday customers like you and I. The DoA as I'd call it, ranges from temporary to complete lack of service altogether.

SKY however, by far exceeds this figure and during a two month period have received upwards of 2,000+ complaints. These figures are ongoing and the companies involved are denying any fault lies in their services.

Now, considering that, and I could be wrong, BT own the whole infrastructure regarding communications in this country, then denying that any problems exist should be looked upon as something mega serious.

I have been on the internet since 1998, when there was only the dial up service available, but nowhere during the period from 1998 until the beginning of 2017 has there been a cock-up of the proportions I see here now. Each and everyday since the beginning of April, my broadband connection is being lost at some time or another, last weekend being the worst, when it vanished on Sunday morning and did not reappear again until Monday afternoon. When I rang to voice my complaint, it was like being asked to stand on my left foot, while rubbing my right hand on my belly anti clockwise...that should fix it.

Incidentally, I recently began talking to an Open Reach engineer who was working at one of the street boxes nearby. I asked him if he knew of any broadband access problems within the area covered by the box? None at all, he replied. Now, either he was BS'ing me, or there is truly nothing wrong. I'll leave it up to you all to decide what you think. However, bear one thing in mind here, there is something big going on, or it is entirely innocence and there is nothing to be concerned about? Sooner or later, I believe that I am going to lose my connection altogether...

landlubber
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

What is happening lately to our broadband connections and is the infrastructure being destroyed? Empty Re: What is happening lately to our broadband connections and is the infrastructure being destroyed?

Post by ceylon Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:59 pm

have also notices skype is extremely slow
ceylon
ceylon
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

What is happening lately to our broadband connections and is the infrastructure being destroyed? Empty Re: What is happening lately to our broadband connections and is the infrastructure being destroyed?

Post by bimmer Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:08 pm

hi LL, are you technically competent? is that why you think the support were giving you the run around?
bimmer
bimmer
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by landlubber Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:55 pm

Going back to the subject that I reported here, many things that happen in communications are simple and straightforward and if something begins to go wrong and cease working as it should, well, I for one, start to wonder what is causing the problem, because logic dictates that it is usually one thing or another, if it's a simple problem that is. With this connectivity problem, the logical route is to go through all the points one by one as to what it can be. Having checked out the logical points and not found the route cause of the problem, the next thing is to find out just how widespread the problem is. Now, I have only checked a small portion of complaints regarding SKY and BT customers. By the way, if your Skype connection has been giving you problems, Ceylon, then I'm not surprised, because for many signed up to the SKY Movie packages, many are not receiving that service at all. Yes, it has nothing to do with Skype, but it is a service brought to you through your internet connection. What I am looking for at this moment is a common point between all of those who have lost their internet connectivity, which in all honesty is a formidable task, but I still have some easier checks to make first once my local computer shop opens on Tuesday following the bank holiday. Further, it is worth noting that not all of those losing their connectivity are doing so on computers, a large proportion include Wi-fi and mobile phones. As I've said, I have only checked a small portion of SKY and BT customers and think that it is reasonable to think that many thousands more have lost their services. What about those others who are with the likes of Talk-Talk, AT&T, Verizon, Plusnet, Vodafone, Virgin and so on? The scale of this is unthinkable, why? Because all of these companies are using precisely the same telephone system. Oddly enough, connection outages have been occurring since 2016, so isn't it logical to assume that this problem would have been solved by now? Seems to be a case of the blind leading the blind. By the way...I'm only going by what I see and read on the net. I haven't watched television for almost a year and a half now, so if Aliens were marching on Londond's Pall Mall, I wouldn't know anything about it until...well, who knows? Laughing Laughing

landlubber
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by bimmer Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:19 pm

Sounds like you love going down that rabbit hole Very Happy
bimmer
bimmer
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lopsum Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:12 pm

i remember being a telewest customer before it became virgin.
 Virgin bought a system that was something like 5 times more customers than the network was designed for, telewest was about to go under, virgin bought it and over the next 5 years replaced the infrastructure.
the problem isnt a logical one, its one of they dont fix until they need to, or dont fix at all, fill it 3 times full then sell it.
nobody at telewest would explain the problem, but one engineer was happy to tell me we were all just being ripped off by 3 to 5 times.
Lopsum
Lopsum
Admin
Admin

https://goodf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by landlubber Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:01 pm

I just don't like being ripped off, Bimmer, plain and simple...as certain people are shortly going to discover. If you let them, corporations are going to walk right over you. If you are happy to let them, then good luck to you and your way of life.
Lopsum, when it was dial-up, these companies didn't give a damn that the infrastructure wasn't fit for the purpose that they were telling us all about. I think that most engineers are only too willing to spill the beans and of course I say, thank goodness they do. What I find odd, it's this fibre optic cable. They put it from the T-exchanges to the dozens of street boxes everywhere, then expect folks to put up with copper cables to their homes. Now if this isn't ripping folks off royally, then I don't know what is. Actually, it's one reason that I haven't taken on f-optic myself.

landlubber
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lopsum Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:19 pm

telewest was broadband but all copper coaxial,it was the first bb , virgin installed fiber in the main system and yes bottlenecked everyone for sake of service, but every overhaul is limited as soon as the network goes over its capacity people start complaining, if they dont fix it then the possibility is there are no more repairs to do but expand the network, they hold out as long as possible to do this and use the opportunity to run with the money that should be used to upgrade and pass the reigns on to another fake partner company who have to do the upgrade(and put up prices accordingly so you pay again)
Lopsum
Lopsum
Admin
Admin

https://goodf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin Wed May 03, 2017 2:39 am

I warned of this many years ago, how many remember Tony B. Liar standing on the steps of No 10 and proclaiming he wanted everyone on the internet and tried to tell us how good it was for us, but never told us the downside or real agenda.

Prior to the internet any law enforcement agency could tap your telephone line, and to do so they needed a warrant from the courts and to get the warrant they had to present actual evidence to a judge to obtain a warrant, no evidence sufficiently presented to form "reasonable cause" then no warrant; this was the publics protection.

With the internet and mobile communications, things changed for the worse and our protections disappeared, how is more interesting and went straight back to Tony B. Liar, if you transmit a signal it can be intercepted by anyone with a little knowledge and kit capable of receiving the allocated frequencies, hence the authorities didn't need to go to court to get a warrant as they intercepted your signals. Imagine your landline phone being connected to a telephone exchange, years ago it was all by copper cables and these are expensive to buy and expensive and disruptive to lay so they connected telephone exchanges together by low level transmitters instead, cheaper than buying cable and digging up miles of road to lay them, and they could hack all your telephone calls.

Once your telephone connects to the exchange it is transmitted through the exchange to a transmitter on the roof and to a satellite, from the satellite to the receiving exchange as a minimum and this gives two radio transmissions to intercept, the uplink from the exchange to the satellite, and the downlink from the satellite to the receiving exchange.
It can get worse, Ilkeston is a small town in Derbyshire within the county of Derbyshire and with the DE postcode for Derby, it is on the border with Nottinghamshire with an NG postcode, but Ilkeston has Nottingham telephone numbers and a Nottingham code, so what's the relevance?

Ilkeston has its own telephone exchange and any Ilkeston telephone has a Nottingham telephone number, you may be connected by copper cable to the Ilkeston telephone exchange, but it relays them by transmission to the Nottingham telephone exchange before the satellite uplink and this is another radio transmission which can be intercepted. Ilkeston is not unique in this regard as many main telephone exchanges have smaller subsidiary exchanges connected to them by low level transmitters, and give anyone the means another way of intercepting your transmissions.

Mobile communications work slightly differently as they use masts, the nearest free mast within range connects to your mobile phone and several slave masts connect to a main mast, and all by radio transmission, they are all routed to a satellite uplink mast to connect to the satellite, so numerous places to intercept your radio communications.

And you wondered why Tony the Liar wanted us all on mobile communications; you dont need a warrant, anybody can intercept a radio transmission, no need to obtain evidence to get a warrant, and you lose all your rights and protections.
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin Wed May 03, 2017 2:43 am

PS, for anyone interested the main satellite uplink mast for Nottinghamshire in on the A611 just past Annesley on the left hand side on Balls Lane if you are travelling towards Mansfield, it is clearly visible from the A611 and opposite Hollinwell gold club grounds.
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bimmer Wed May 03, 2017 10:58 am

landlubber wrote:I just don't like being ripped off, Bimmer, plain and simple...as certain people are shortly going to discover. If you let them, corporations are going to walk right over you. If you are happy to let them, then good luck to you and your way of life.

It's not a bad thing investigating this, I'm sure everyone here respects you and assassin's due diligence.
bimmer
bimmer
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down