The GOODF Approach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» The infamous DP continus
by Biggiebest Today at 1:02 am

» Purchased Used car, thew con rod after 4 weeks, 40,000mi on clock, can we get out of the finance?
by flyingfish Yesterday at 8:26 pm

» C'Tax & The Bradbury Pound System
by flyingfish Yesterday at 8:21 pm

» Warranty issues
by brownowl Yesterday at 12:05 pm

» Smart Meter and Pre Pay Meter remedy
by daveiron Yesterday at 8:29 am

» are they feeling the pinch...?
by pitano1 Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:19 pm

» Fruit
by assassin Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:36 am

» Are Lowell getting desperate ?
by waylander62 Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:08 pm

» Electric Vehicles
by assassin Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:57 am

» Water charges
by daveiron Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:36 am

» 20 mph speed limit enforcable????
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:26 pm

» DSAR
by brownowl Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:59 pm

» Allotments
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:54 am

» Energy debt
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:49 am

» HO HO HO not that shinning or with clean hands !!!!!!
by Lopsum Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:04 pm

» Psychological Operation - Evidence on more fraud
by Lopsum Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:00 pm

» Allodial Title
by urchinatheart Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Grow Potatoes
by Mrblue2015 Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:18 am

» Feed Yourself For Less
by assassin Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:23 pm

» New GOODF - small account closed upon Notice 3
by RaspberryBlu Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:02 pm

» DWP
by daveiron Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:23 am

» LGA1888 sect79 sub2
by urchinatheart Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:15 am

» Know who you are
by badvoc Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:51 pm

» Know Who You Are Even More Volumes To Come
by LionsShare Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:24 am

» Council Tax questions we should all be asking
by LionsShare Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:05 am

» Woke, Nimbys, Snowflakes and idiots
by urchinatheart Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:09 am

» Never Buy Seeds Again
by assassin Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:14 pm

» Ovo bank giro?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:07 pm

» Is your car a government remote controled car???
by Lopsum Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:48 pm

» peacekeepers apprantly get a c'tax win?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:14 am

» Can I Complete The Food Circle
by urchinatheart Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:46 am

» Council tax and summons for arrest
by LionsShare Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:44 pm

» THIS IS THE ONE ?
by schist Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:04 pm

» Garden Share
by assassin Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:37 pm

» Serial Posty been awarded £10'000 for a fake bite
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:23 pm

» The new ruling, lie-ability order
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:04 pm

by schist Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:00 pm

» DVLA [Hick] Does It Work [Hick] ?
by Miss Kermit Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 pm

» know who you are volume ??
by daveiron Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:38 pm

» Hopefully A Success
by daveiron Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:28 pm

» Most Complete Bank Giro Credit
by LionsShare Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:06 pm

» Knowing our Lawful rights
by daveiron Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:05 am

» More Illegal Immigrants
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:43 pm

» SAR dispute
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:32 pm

» There goes Ireland, his off.
by midnight Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:07 pm

» Call to the DVLA
by urchinatheart Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:36 pm

» BEWARE OF TSB BANK
by daveiron Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:53 am

» Help / Advice needed on ongoing neighbour harassment
by memegirl777 Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:51 pm

» United Kingdom? Really?
by assassin Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:17 pm

» DWP and HMRC alleged debts
by assassin Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:20 pm

» HSBC advice please.
by Trishiapp28 Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:36 am

» He is going to save us again
by flyingfish Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:00 pm

» Government fraud
by midnight Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:01 am

» how to remove a shareholder?
by scrwm Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:06 pm

» I DO NOT CONSENT [62%] - ReformUK got 5% of the electorate. Labour 17%
by badvoc Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:25 pm

Moon phases

what is an estoppal?

+4
LionsShare
daveiron
Mrblue2015
sharman
8 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

what is an estoppal?   - Page 4 Empty Re: what is an estoppal?

Post by LionsShare Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:25 am

daveiron wrote:There has been no refusal,therefor no controvsey for a court to make judgment upon.
I have used many times in my situation - ask for the proof of Justicable Controversy, where there is none, there is no proof of debt.
LionsShare
LionsShare

daveiron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:19 pm

Thanks LS for the correct terminology.
Noted for future reference.
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

LionsShare likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sharman Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:16 pm

The claim is over 12K and under 15K they have added court costs to it now obviously. so the second claim was the same claimant same amount, but second claim had costs added to it. does that answer your question?

The written court order is 'defendant to file a defence" by such a date. Costs in this case were reserved.

Do I just write it in a word document?

sharman
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by sharman Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:17 pm

LionsShare wrote:
daveiron wrote:There has been no refusal,therefor no controvsey for a court to make judgment upon.
I have used many times in my situation - ask for the proof of Justicable Controversy, where there is none, there is no proof of debt.

noted, thank you

sharman
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by sharman Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:38 pm

Am i on the right track, with something like this? I would send a word document and atttachments of documents i refer to

1. A Letter of Claim from XXXXXX was received XX XXXX 2020 stating that the alleged debt originates from an "agreement dated XXXXXX" and "This agreement was subsequently terminated" and "our client later purchased this account".

Defence: if the original agreement was terminated and someone purchased the account it is no longer any of my business.

2. Three Letters were sent to XXXXXXX dated XXXX, XXX, XXXXX xxx 2020 requiring "verification of the claim, including a lawful contract, a hand signed invoice", "and proof of agency", " so that i may settle any financial obligation"

Defence: no proof or satisfactory documentation was provided.

3. After the claimant persisted with further correspondence asserting a claim, i sent a Notice of Conditional Acceptance to the Claimant stating "i will settle any lawful obligation you believe i have upon proof of a valid claim" including 10 specific points requiring clarification. see attached document, proof of postage can be supplied.

Defence: none of the 10 points were addressed or responded to

4. On XXXXX i sent Notice of Non Response and Opportunity to Cure in which i remind the claimant of the NoCA in which "i offered to settle any lawful obligation you believe i have to your corporation" and "you have failed to respond to that notice or to rebut point by point the contents therein" and "i give you ten days to respond" and "failure to respond in substance will provide your tacit consent that you cannot provide proof of claim to my satisfaction and that you agree you have no lawful claim, and, furthermore you will cease and desist from contacting me."
see attached word document, proof of postage can be supplied

5. on XXXXX 2021 i received an unsigned missive from Hoist Finance stating "all points raised in your previous correspondence were resolved" and "as your query was resolved please complete the financial statement enclosed along with your offer of payment".

Defence: Where were these points resolved?

i require proof of Justicable Controversy, where there is none, there is no proof of debt.

"HE WHO MAKES THE CLAIM HAS THE BURDEN OF PROOF" Maxim in Law

sharman
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingfish Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:24 pm

sharman wrote:The claim is over 12K and under 15K they have added court costs to it now obviously. so the second claim was the same claimant same amount, but second claim had costs added to it.  does that answer your question?
It does.  So I need to have a look for case law, you may be able ask for it to be struck out as abuse of process if the claim has already been heard and dismissed. You have the details of the previous claim do you, claim number and court, particulars of claim, and the order dismissing it? You don't need to post these here, but may need them to support this part of your defence.

You could call the court and ask how and in what format your defence should be submitted.  

There's a generic defence form N11, that gives an idea of the formalities expected, the statement of truth etc.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/962156/n11-eng.pdf
You could use that form but in the box header "I dispute this claim because .." write see attached defence statement dated xx/xx/xxxx.  In your defence statement give the claim number, so the two can be related.  If sending by email I'd suggest convert everything to PDF and you can stick separate documents together with an online tool like https://smallpdf.com/merge-pdf so there's only one attachment.

Don't rush anything, give time to refine your defence in line with comments from the members here.  But don't leave it too late either, it would be tragic to miss a deadline after pulling off the set aside.

flyingfish
dedicated
dedicated

sharman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingfish Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:56 pm

sharman wrote:i require proof of Justicable Controversy, where there is none, there is no proof of debt.
"Justiciable"

flyingfish
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by sharman Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:37 pm

flyingfish wrote: So I need to have a look for case law, you may be able ask for it to be struck out as abuse of process if the claim has already been heard and dismissed. .
I have not explained myself correctly, I had a previous claim Letter, I dealt with it in writing, it was not heard. apologies.

sharman
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by sharman Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:42 pm

flyingfish wrote:
You could call the court and ask how and in what format your defence should be submitted.

Thank you so much for taking time to respond, i will use that form and work out how to do the pdf thing. that's very helpful, I appreciate you. on a side note, I tried calling the court recently and was 55 in the queue haha.

sharman
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingfish Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:42 am

sharman wrote: I have not explained myself correctly, I had a previous claim Letter, I dealt with it in writing, it was not heard.  apologies.  
Not to worry.  I was just getting carried away, over excited by the idea of an abuse of process strike out.

flyingfish
dedicated
dedicated

sharman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by waylander62 Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:29 pm

had a brief read of this and think i get it !?

you had a previous letter before claim i think ? and you responded to that letter yes ? what did they do or provide in respect of your response ? anything ?

also can you provide the full name of the claimant as written on the claim form please, and do you have a copy of the claim form with their particulars of claim ?

waylander62
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by sharman Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:04 pm

I have prepared this simple letter for my defence:

Re: sssssssss) –v- Msssssssssssn
Claim No: ssssssssss

Defence Statement sssssssss 2022

i, master ssssss, a.k.a.ssssss of the family sssssssss, present for the fictional entity capitalised as SSSSSSSSS.  i speak, write and understand the english language only and do not comprehend legalese or the jargon used in legal proceedings. i reserve all rights and errors and omissions accepted.

Statement of Truth
I understand that proceedings for contempt of court may be brought against anyone who makes, or causes to be made, a false statement in a document verified by a statement of truth without an honest belief in its truth. I believe that the facts stated in this defence are true.

i, ssssssss, state that sssssssss representatives sssssss (sSs) have no first hand knowledge of this matter and their claim is fraudulent.

Briefly:
1. on ssssss sssss 2020 i received a Letter of Claim from the 3rd party interlopers ssssss sssssss Solicitors acting for sssssssss stating the alleged debt "originates from an agreement dated sssssss" and i quote "this agreement was subsequently terminated"

As far as i am concerned this is the end of the matter.  The original agreement was terminated.  The alleged debt was then purchased by ssssssss, which is none of my business.  

2. To make things perfectly clear to the claimant's representative in this fraudulent claim, i wrote 3 letters on ssssss 2020, sssssss 2020 and 1ssssssh 2020, stating i would settle any outstanding amount upon receipt of verification of claim such as a hand signed invoice or proof of agency. None were provided.

3. on ssssss0 i sent a CPR31 request for disclosure and inspection of documents. None were provided.  A letter from SSS, received sssss 2020 referenced the original Leter of Assignment between Barclays Bank and sssssss, which is none of my business, also including credit card statements from 20ss to 20sss insulting me by siting them as the documents i requested.

4. on ssssss 2020 i sent a Notice of Non-Response and Opportunity to Cure within 10 days or Cease and Desist to the 3rd party interlopers SSS   They ignored this document and proceeded to make a claim which resulted in a CCJ.  i was out of the country, i did not receive the claim letter, i believed the matter to be closed.

This claim is fraudulent as there is no contract
"HE WHO MAKES THE CLAIM HAS THE BURDEN OF PROOF" maxim in law

4. i require proof of Justiciable Controversy

5. i have done my best to work with your system and remain in honour.  i have spent many hours attempting to clarify the matter with the fraudulent claimant and their representative.  i have been ignored and insulted. i have been threatened, trespassed upon and falsly put in default, this has damaged my status and caused harm as i have been forced to respond to this claim instead of getting on with my business.

I command the court to remove this judgment as it was fraudulently obtained. I move the court to dismiss this case, to restore my status and to recompense me if deemed acceptable.

signed
master ssss of the family ssssss

sharman
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsShare Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:25 pm

on the whole my only concern is having done some research myself I would change:
'i, master ssssss, a.k.a.ssssss of the family sssssssss, present for the fictional entity capitalised as SSSSSSSSS.', to:
I am joe bloggs a wo/man doing business as MR. MRS. MS. JOE BLOGGS.

others may have different statements.
LionsShare
LionsShare

daveiron and sharman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsShare Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:29 pm

sharman unless I'm mistaken 'master' is for boys up to the age of around 7, 7 years from birth to reclaim b' cert estate.
LionsShare
LionsShare

sharman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sharman Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:33 pm

i'm using master to be known only as master of my sovereign being, this flesh and blood man/woman, on the land... this gives me a good feeling. it reminds me that they are public servants, and i am master of myself and answer to no one but the highest authority, in whose image i am made

sharman
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsShare Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:35 pm

OK
LionsShare
LionsShare

Back to top Go down

Post by sharman Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:36 pm

Hi guys, quick update.
The General Form of Judgment or Order I received after the Judgment was set aside stated
1) judgement dated xxxxx is hereby set aside
2) Defendant to file a Defence with the court and serve a copy at the Claimant's solicitor by xxx xx and
3) Costs reserved.

So I duely filed a defence in good time.  I have the royal mail certificate of postage and can confirm it arrived both at the court and at the solictors.

Next, almost a month later, I receive a second copy of the very same General Form of Judgment or Order but dated approximately a month later....

What am i to make of that?

sharman
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum