The GOODF Approach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Whats In A Name?
by daveiron Today at 5:07 am

» Purchased Used car, thew con rod after 4 weeks, 40,000mi on clock, can we get out of the finance?
by assassin Today at 3:19 am

» The infamous DP continus
by daveiron Today at 1:46 am

» C'Tax & The Bradbury Pound System
by flyingfish Yesterday at 8:21 pm

» Warranty issues
by brownowl Yesterday at 12:05 pm

» Smart Meter and Pre Pay Meter remedy
by daveiron Yesterday at 8:29 am

» are they feeling the pinch...?
by pitano1 Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:19 pm

» Fruit
by assassin Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:36 am

» Are Lowell getting desperate ?
by waylander62 Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:08 pm

» Electric Vehicles
by assassin Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:57 am

» Water charges
by daveiron Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:36 am

» 20 mph speed limit enforcable????
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:26 pm

» DSAR
by brownowl Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:59 pm

» Allotments
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:54 am

» Energy debt
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:49 am

» HO HO HO not that shinning or with clean hands !!!!!!
by Lopsum Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:04 pm

» Psychological Operation - Evidence on more fraud
by Lopsum Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:00 pm

» Allodial Title
by urchinatheart Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Grow Potatoes
by Mrblue2015 Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:18 am

» Feed Yourself For Less
by assassin Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:23 pm

» New GOODF - small account closed upon Notice 3
by RaspberryBlu Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:02 pm

» DWP
by daveiron Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:23 am

» LGA1888 sect79 sub2
by urchinatheart Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:15 am

» Know who you are
by badvoc Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:51 pm

» Know Who You Are Even More Volumes To Come
by LionsShare Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:24 am

» Council Tax questions we should all be asking
by LionsShare Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:05 am

» Woke, Nimbys, Snowflakes and idiots
by urchinatheart Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:09 am

» Never Buy Seeds Again
by assassin Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:14 pm

» Ovo bank giro?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:07 pm

» Is your car a government remote controled car???
by Lopsum Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:48 pm

» peacekeepers apprantly get a c'tax win?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:14 am

» Can I Complete The Food Circle
by urchinatheart Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:46 am

» Council tax and summons for arrest
by LionsShare Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:44 pm

» THIS IS THE ONE ?
by schist Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:04 pm

» Garden Share
by assassin Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:37 pm

» Serial Posty been awarded £10'000 for a fake bite
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:23 pm

» The new ruling, lie-ability order
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:04 pm

by schist Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:00 pm

» DVLA [Hick] Does It Work [Hick] ?
by Miss Kermit Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 pm

» know who you are volume ??
by daveiron Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:38 pm

» Hopefully A Success
by daveiron Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:28 pm

» Most Complete Bank Giro Credit
by LionsShare Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:06 pm

» Knowing our Lawful rights
by daveiron Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:05 am

» More Illegal Immigrants
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:43 pm

» SAR dispute
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:32 pm

» There goes Ireland, his off.
by midnight Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:07 pm

» Call to the DVLA
by urchinatheart Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:36 pm

» BEWARE OF TSB BANK
by daveiron Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:53 am

» Help / Advice needed on ongoing neighbour harassment
by memegirl777 Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:51 pm

» United Kingdom? Really?
by assassin Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:17 pm

» DWP and HMRC alleged debts
by assassin Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:20 pm

» HSBC advice please.
by Trishiapp28 Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:36 am

» He is going to save us again
by flyingfish Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:00 pm

» Government fraud
by midnight Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:01 am

» how to remove a shareholder?
by scrwm Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:06 pm

Moon phases

Lowell & Cohen Cramer - Directions Questionnaire Received

+2
Tiggy
andyb93
6 posters

Go down

Lowell & Cohen Cramer - Directions Questionnaire Received Empty Lowell & Cohen Cramer - Directions Questionnaire Received

Post by andyb93 Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:12 pm

Hi Guys.
I'm new here but used much of the advice available to try and fight this alleged claim from lowell for £2086
I have done the cpr18, cca rqeuest and then filed my defence on 30th August.
Unfortunately today i received the N180 form and i'm not sure how to fill it in, if i understand right i am supposed to tick yes to being referred to the small claims mediation service? As for the rest of the form is there anything in particular i should be placing in there?
Any help is greatly appreciated!

andyb93
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Lowell & Cohen Cramer - Directions Questionnaire Received Empty Re: Lowell & Cohen Cramer - Directions Questionnaire Received

Post by Tiggy Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:10 am

Yes to small claims and nominate your nearest local County Court.

Mediation is up to you, I've always said yes as the Courts like it, never had any intention of participating because when I did once the mediation service were totally biased to the claimant - they started the conversation with 'how do you want to settle'! erm by the claimant actually proving their case against me !

Tiggy

Back to top Go down

Lowell & Cohen Cramer - Directions Questionnaire Received Empty Re: Lowell & Cohen Cramer - Directions Questionnaire Received

Post by petesomething Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:52 pm

Hi andyb93

I would say no to mediation because its shows you are willing to compromise but the courts do like it , but it is up to you.

When i was in court once the judge told me and their solicitor to use mediation , i said no , the agreement was not a true copy, next time in court i won ,,,,but why did the judge say go to mediation when he knew it was not a true copy.
petesomething
petesomething
Very helpful
Very helpful

Back to top Go down

Post by andyb93 Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:40 pm

Thanks for the replies.

I think i will go with no mediation as they haven't provided what i have asked for.

I will be back if i need more help Smile

andyb93
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by petesomething Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:10 pm

Hi andyb93

Keep us informed and good luck Smile
petesomething
petesomething
Very helpful
Very helpful

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:01 am

Hi andy,

I agree with Pete .The 3 letters state 'you will pay any obligation upon proof of claim '
they have not provided this ,therefor there is nothing to mediate on.

As Pete said keep us informed ,

regards dave
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ausk Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:41 am

petesomething wrote:Hi andyb93

I  would say no to mediation because its shows you are willing to compromise but the courts do like it , but it is up to you.

When i was in court once the judge told me and their solicitor to use mediation , i said no , the agreement was not a true copy, next time in court i won  ,,,,but why did the judge say go to mediation when he knew it was not a true copy.

Because he was scared you would appeal to a higher court because she/he knew that you knew your stuff and your case.

Magistrates and judges don't like having their decisions appealed by small time insignificant nobodies like you, me and the rest of us; knowing there's a reasonable chance they might be successful.

He knew you could have appealed on the basis on that she/he erred in law and that it she/his decision to let the other mob off could be found to be a miscarriage of justice.

Suggest that everyone who wins in court get a copy of the courts decision so they can refer to their own case again at the next battle another day. Mags and juddies dont like people who come preared and are able to quote previous decisons and the courts reasons for them, in their court because again, it puts pressure on them to be fair in their judgements.

Ausk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ausk Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:42 am

Sorry I read this the wrong way round. A.G.E. is a terrible disease.

Ausk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggy Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:28 am

Ausk wrote:
petesomething wrote:Hi andyb93

I  would say no to mediation because its shows you are willing to compromise but the courts do like it , but it is up to you.

When i was in court once the judge told me and their solicitor to use mediation , i said no , the agreement was not a true copy, next time in court i won  ,,,,but why did the judge say go to mediation when he knew it was not a true copy.

Because he was scared you would appeal to a higher court because she/he knew that you knew your stuff and your case.

Magistrates and judges don't like having their decisions appealed by small time insignificant nobodies like you, me and the rest of us; knowing there's a reasonable chance they might be successful.

He knew you could have appealed on the basis on that she/he erred in law and that it she/his decision to let the other mob off could be found to be a miscarriage of justice.

Suggest that everyone who wins in court get a copy of the courts decision so they can refer to their own case again at the next battle another day. Mags and juddies dont like people who come preared and are able to quote previous decisons and the courts reasons for them, in their court because again, it puts pressure on them to be fair in their judgements.

Decisions in the County Courts (lower courts) don't set a precedent so can't be referred to in any future case.

Tiggy

Back to top Go down

Post by andyb93 Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:21 am

Hi guys, it's been a while but things have taken a real turn for me..
My partner was rushed into hospital, she is pregnant and we feared the worst but turns out it was actually a miracle, we are having twins! Very Happy
It's come as a massive surprise to all the family but unfortunately it has affected her badly and she has been in and out of hospital since for tests and checks.
Now obviously I've let things slip regarding this lowell case and haven't even returned the N180! In a panic yesterday my partner told me to just phone lowell and try to settle this out of court as she can't cope with the stress on top of everything else. Foolish i know but i am really worried so i agreed and made the call. The lady told me that the case is now with cohen cramer and my only option now is to go to mediation and get a tomlin order.
I am not clued up on these procedures, but i think i may have shot myself in the foot!
Any help much appreciated guys, the deadline for the N180 to be returned is the 26/09!!

Andy

andyb93
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggy Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:44 pm

andyb93 wrote:Hi guys, it's been a while but things have taken a real turn for me..
My partner was rushed into hospital, she is pregnant and we feared the worst but turns out it was actually a miracle, we are having twins! Very Happy
It's come as a massive surprise to all the family but unfortunately it has affected her badly and she has been in and out of hospital since for tests and checks.
Now obviously I've let things slip regarding this lowell case and haven't even returned the N180! In a panic yesterday my partner told me to just phone lowell and try to settle this out of court as she can't cope with the stress on top of everything else. Foolish i know but i am really worried so i agreed and made the call. The lady told me that the case is now with cohen cramer and my only option now is to go to mediation and get a tomlin order.
I am not clued up on these procedures, but i think i may have shot myself in the foot!
Any help much appreciated guys, the deadline for the N180 to be returned is the 26/09!!

Andy
Return the N180 ASAP, otherwise your defence will be dismissed and you'll get a Judgement by Default.

If you want to settle, Agree to mediation in the N180 and wait for the mediation service to contact you, but be aware signing a Tomlin Order only stays proceedings so anything you offer has to be realistic because you have to stick with what you agreed.

PS Congratulations xx

Tiggy

Back to top Go down

Post by andyb93 Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:05 pm

Thank you Tiggy Smile
I am really angry with myself to be honest, i should have kept on top of things but it has been hectic as you can imagine!
The N180 is in going in the post today so i need to come up with a plan soon, after some googling i don't like the sound of these Tomlin orders and they sound like a rarity anyway. Do you think i should avoid the Tomlin and try to discuss the options of a payment plan instead?
I was originally going to say no to mediation, but then i thought about saying yes and when they called i was going to say 'I would be willing to come to an agreement IF they can provide what i have asked for' Not sure if that would be wise though..

Andy

andyb93
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggy Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:24 pm

andyb93 wrote:Thank you Tiggy Smile
I am really angry with myself to be honest, i should have kept on top of things but it has been hectic as you can imagine!
The N180 is in going in the post today so i need to come up with a plan soon, after some googling i don't like the sound of these Tomlin orders and they sound like a rarity anyway. Do you think i should avoid the Tomlin and try to discuss the options of a payment plan instead?
I was originally going to say no to mediation, but then i thought about saying yes and when they called i was going to say 'I would be willing to come to an agreement IF they can provide what i have asked for' Not sure if that would be wise though..

Andy
Once they've started proceedings they only agree to any form of a payment plan under a Tomlin Order, it's their way of securing payment.

Tiggy

Back to top Go down

Post by petesomething Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:07 pm

Hi andyb93

Congratulations ,

Just make sure if you make a payment plan ,you can keep to it , they will try and make you pay as much you can ,  it will be no good in 6 months, if you can  no longer afford it,

Last edited by petesomething on Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:12 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : add)
petesomething
petesomething
Very helpful
Very helpful

Back to top Go down

Post by andyb93 Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:33 pm

Thanks for the replies.

I admit they really have got me where they want me with this, i just hope they don't feel too mean on the day!

Andy

andyb93
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by chavboy Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:39 pm

Hi Andy, just scanned the thread and am I right in saying that they did not come up with the papers you asked for in the cpr18, if so you're looking good in court, I'm not an expert and there are some on here that know far more than me (Tiggy for example), but this happened to me and was kicked out as they hadn't supplied the requested paperwork. They got a chewing out as well.

chavboy
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by petesomething Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:03 pm

HI chavboy

Normally i would say keep fighting , but andb93 partner is having twins, and it is hard for her to cope,

DCA BUY YOUR DATA  this why they will not and can not give you the paperwork for the alleged debt, but the courts let them reconstituted the paper work , but the paperwork needs to be true copies,
there can be lots of stress, but going to court you have a chance to win .

if any of you received a letter from a DCA, start the new 3 letters ,
petesomething
petesomething
Very helpful
Very helpful

Back to top Go down

Post by chavboy Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:13 pm

Hi Pete, I know, thats why I asked if they had sent the requested paperwork, they still have to fulfil the obligations of the cpr 18, at least that is how it was viewed by the court I went to. It can be daunting but there are so many people on here that have gone to court and one, I should imagine even more that didn't have to set foot in a court room.

chavboy
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by petesomething Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:49 pm

Hi chavboy

sometimes  DCA back down just before court when we show we will not back down , but also the DCA,s know people will not turn up on the day for court  because of worry and they win by default.
and yes they may not have the paperwork to win,
this is why its great to have people like you , to give encouragement
petesomething
petesomething
Very helpful
Very helpful

Back to top Go down

Post by chavboy Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:54 pm

Yes exactly Pete, in my case they even sent a summons to a past address even though I had correspondence from them to my present address dated before they even sent the summons to the previous address!! Dirty dogs!!

chavboy
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by andyb93 Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:22 pm

Thanks for your post chavboy.
I was fully intending to fight this all the way, but i'm just so exhausted and my partner is taking the pregnancy really badly so there is no time to do anything other than run her hospital and try and keep my boss happy about all the time off!
I have thought about still saying that i will only agree to a payment plan if they produce the evidence i asked for, but i really don't have the energy to play games with them Neutral
Andy

andyb93
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by chavboy Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:25 am

Good luck with everything Andy, how did it go

chavboy
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by andyb93 Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:33 pm

I've not heard anything from the courts yet, but i have received a letter from lowell solicitors containing a statement of account, a re-constituted credit agreement, and notices of assignment.
They also kindly reminded me that their client remains willing to reach an amicable agreement.
I am absolutely exhausted at the moment and the babies are not even here yet! If i'm not at work, i'm at the hospital or clinic with my partner, this lowell case really couldn't be more inappropriate!

andyb93
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down