The GOODF Approach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» C'Tax & The Bradbury Pound System
by LionsShare Today at 2:52 pm

» Fruit
by assassin Today at 4:36 am

» Are Lowell getting desperate ?
by waylander62 Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:08 pm

» Electric Vehicles
by assassin Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:57 am

» Water charges
by daveiron Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:36 am

» 20 mph speed limit enforcable????
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:26 pm

» DSAR
by brownowl Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:59 pm

» Allotments
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:54 am

» Energy debt
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:49 am

» HO HO HO not that shinning or with clean hands !!!!!!
by Lopsum Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:04 pm

» Psychological Operation - Evidence on more fraud
by Lopsum Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:00 pm

» Allodial Title
by urchinatheart Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Grow Potatoes
by Mrblue2015 Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:18 am

» Feed Yourself For Less
by assassin Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:23 pm

» New GOODF - small account closed upon Notice 3
by RaspberryBlu Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:02 pm

» DWP
by daveiron Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:23 am

» LGA1888 sect79 sub2
by urchinatheart Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:15 am

» Know who you are
by badvoc Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:51 pm

» Know Who You Are Even More Volumes To Come
by LionsShare Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:24 am

» Council Tax questions we should all be asking
by LionsShare Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:05 am

» Woke, Nimbys, Snowflakes and idiots
by urchinatheart Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:09 am

» Never Buy Seeds Again
by assassin Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:14 pm

» Ovo bank giro?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:07 pm

» Is your car a government remote controled car???
by Lopsum Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:48 pm

» peacekeepers apprantly get a c'tax win?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:14 am

» Can I Complete The Food Circle
by urchinatheart Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:46 am

» Council tax and summons for arrest
by LionsShare Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:44 pm

» THIS IS THE ONE ?
by schist Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:04 pm

» Garden Share
by assassin Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:37 pm

» Serial Posty been awarded £10'000 for a fake bite
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:23 pm

» The new ruling, lie-ability order
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:04 pm

by schist Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:00 pm

» DVLA [Hick] Does It Work [Hick] ?
by Miss Kermit Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 pm

» know who you are volume ??
by daveiron Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:38 pm

» Hopefully A Success
by daveiron Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:28 pm

» Most Complete Bank Giro Credit
by LionsShare Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:06 pm

» Knowing our Lawful rights
by daveiron Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:05 am

» More Illegal Immigrants
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:43 pm

» SAR dispute
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:32 pm

» There goes Ireland, his off.
by midnight Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:07 pm

» The infamous DP continus
by urchinatheart Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:01 pm

» Call to the DVLA
by urchinatheart Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:36 pm

» BEWARE OF TSB BANK
by daveiron Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:53 am

» Help / Advice needed on ongoing neighbour harassment
by memegirl777 Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:51 pm

» United Kingdom? Really?
by assassin Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:17 pm

» DWP and HMRC alleged debts
by assassin Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:20 pm

» HSBC advice please.
by Trishiapp28 Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:36 am

» He is going to save us again
by flyingfish Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:00 pm

» Government fraud
by midnight Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:01 am

» how to remove a shareholder?
by scrwm Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:06 pm

» I DO NOT CONSENT [62%] - ReformUK got 5% of the electorate. Labour 17%
by badvoc Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:25 pm

» What can ai do about Santander
by Godfastro Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:47 am

» Useful videos Council Tax
by daveiron Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:05 pm

» broadcaster vs me
by scrwm Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:37 pm

» The new GOODF process works
by urchinatheart Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:45 am

Moon phases

The Daily Mail doesn't know the law on facemasks and disability -ThatguyScottWeb

3 posters

Go down

The Daily Mail doesn't know the law on facemasks and disability -ThatguyScottWeb Empty The Daily Mail doesn't know the law on facemasks and disability -ThatguyScottWeb

Post by Lopsum Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:08 am

Lopsum
Lopsum
Admin
Admin

https://goodf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Daily Mail doesn't know the law on facemasks and disability -ThatguyScottWeb Empty Re: The Daily Mail doesn't know the law on facemasks and disability -ThatguyScottWeb

Post by Lopsum Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:20 am

https://disabilityrights.org.uk/

template letter ! please makesure your addresses are on the right(the spacing doesnt copy past properly sorry!)

https://disabilityrights.org.uk/images/Face_masks_discrimination_template_letter.pdf

[Your address]
                                                                                        [your email]
                                                                                        [your telephone number]
[Compliance Manager]
[Service provider’s address]
[Date]
Dear Sir / MadamEquality Act 2010 Letter Before Claim – Disability Discrimination arising from your company’s reaction to me being unable to wear a face coveringThis is a pre-action letter for disability discrimination.  I have the following condition(s):[list of medical conditions]These have a substantial impact on my life and so I have the protected characteristic of disability as defined in Section 6 of the Equality Act 2010.
My condition means I am unable to wear a face covering.
 [Outline here more of what happened – include quotes from staff and how it made you feel / any damage to your health – make sure you give dates and times, the location of the incident(s) and, if you know the identity of any perpetrators, also include them here].
Your attention is drawn to the press release of 24 July 2020 from the Government which references more detailed Guidance you are encouraged to familiarise yourself with: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/disabled-people-exempt-from-wearing-face-coverings-under-new-government-guidance
 I was following the rules when entering your premises unmasked.  I am entitled not to wear a face covering to protect my health and well-being.  The response of your staff outlined above was, however, outside the rules and, more seriously,unlawful as explained below.As a service provider you must not discriminate against me.Section 29 Provision of services, etc.(1) A person (a “service-provider”) concerned with the provision of a service to the public or a section of the public (for payment or not) must not discriminate against a person requiring the service by not providing the person with the service.
(2) A service-provider (A) must not, in providing the service, discriminate against a person (B)—(a) as to the terms on which A provides the service to B;(b) by terminating the provision of the service to B;(c) by subjecting B to any other detriment.Additionally, under Section 13 (1) A person (A) discriminates against another (B) if, because of a protected characteristic, A treats B less favourably than A treats or would treat others.And Section 15 provides me with extra protection against discrimination arising in consequence of my disability.And there is also a special rule for discrimination cases: if I can prove some of the facts, you will then have to prove there was no discrimination.  This is sometimes called ‘shifting the burden of proof’.  It is set out in section 136 of the Equality Act 2010:Section 136 Burden of proof(1) This section applies to any proceedings relating to a contravention of this Act.(2) If there are facts from which the court could decide, in the absence of any other explanation, that a person (A) contravened the provision concerned, the court must hold that the contravention occurred.(3) But subsection (2) does not apply if A shows that A did not contravene the provision.The disability discrimination you perpetrated against me is covered by the Vento Scaleas outlined in the Equality and Human Rights Commission Guidance regarding the value of discrimination claims.  You can find it here: https://www.equalityhumanrights.com/sites/default/files/quantification-of-claims-guidance.pdf .The Commission indicates the lower band of £900 to £8,600 is for one off cases.  However, the lower band was revised to £900 - £9,000 for the financial year we are now in.  In considering the level of compensation that applies the Commission states the following,“While the court will assess the award of damages for injury to feelings in an objective way, the perception and the individual reaction of the claimant will be an important factor for the court to consider. The more upsetting the conduct is to the individual, themore seriously the discrimination is likely to be viewed by the court, and the higher theaward for injury to feelings. Where a one-off act of discrimination is particularly humiliating or serious and the victim suffers serious consequences as a result, an award in the higher bands could be justified...”.And, “Where the discriminationhappens in a public place in front of a number of members of the public, and so is more likely to be considered as humiliating...”.As well as being committed in public, the discrimination committed caused me substantial distress.    
I therefore seek £XXXX to settle this case along with specific information regarding how you will ensure that no further incidents can occur.  I trust you will take this opportunity to remedy matters.You are reminded that under the Civil Procedure Rules you are required to engage in constructive communication to minimise any possible need for assistance from the County Court. I look forward to hearing from you with proposals for settlement within the next 14 days.  Yours faithfully,[your signature][your name]

Last edited by Lopsum on Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lopsum
Lopsum
Admin
Admin

daveiron and LionsShare like this post

Back to top Go down

The Daily Mail doesn't know the law on facemasks and disability -ThatguyScottWeb Empty Re: The Daily Mail doesn't know the law on facemasks and disability -ThatguyScottWeb

Post by daveiron Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:57 am

Thanks for that Lopsum, that has saved me a good deal of time today
by not having to trawl through miles of legislation . pretty much only need
to reword it so it does not look like a template they may have seen before.
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by falco Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:24 am

Interesting, perhaps going forward the equalities act 2010 might equally apply to anyone who is not vaccinated (or should that be experimentally treated?)...

Perhaps extra weight could be put on the spirit of the act if one were to state that it such discrimination was against ones religion? Laughing

falco
Not so newb
Not so newb

daveiron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:18 pm

Thats a very good point ,worth persuing.
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lopsum Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:36 pm

yes i would say it is still a discriminatory action!
Lopsum
Lopsum
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down