The GOODF Approach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» are they feeling the pinch...?
by pitano1 Today at 7:19 pm

» C'Tax & The Bradbury Pound System
by LionsShare Today at 2:52 pm

» Fruit
by assassin Today at 4:36 am

» Are Lowell getting desperate ?
by waylander62 Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:08 pm

» Electric Vehicles
by assassin Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:57 am

» Water charges
by daveiron Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:36 am

» 20 mph speed limit enforcable????
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:26 pm

» DSAR
by brownowl Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:59 pm

» Allotments
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:54 am

» Energy debt
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:49 am

» HO HO HO not that shinning or with clean hands !!!!!!
by Lopsum Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:04 pm

» Psychological Operation - Evidence on more fraud
by Lopsum Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:00 pm

» Allodial Title
by urchinatheart Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Grow Potatoes
by Mrblue2015 Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:18 am

» Feed Yourself For Less
by assassin Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:23 pm

» New GOODF - small account closed upon Notice 3
by RaspberryBlu Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:02 pm

» DWP
by daveiron Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:23 am

» LGA1888 sect79 sub2
by urchinatheart Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:15 am

» Know who you are
by badvoc Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:51 pm

» Know Who You Are Even More Volumes To Come
by LionsShare Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:24 am

» Council Tax questions we should all be asking
by LionsShare Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:05 am

» Woke, Nimbys, Snowflakes and idiots
by urchinatheart Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:09 am

» Never Buy Seeds Again
by assassin Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:14 pm

» Ovo bank giro?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:07 pm

» Is your car a government remote controled car???
by Lopsum Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:48 pm

» peacekeepers apprantly get a c'tax win?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:14 am

» Can I Complete The Food Circle
by urchinatheart Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:46 am

» Council tax and summons for arrest
by LionsShare Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:44 pm

» THIS IS THE ONE ?
by schist Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:04 pm

» Garden Share
by assassin Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:37 pm

» Serial Posty been awarded £10'000 for a fake bite
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:23 pm

» The new ruling, lie-ability order
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:04 pm

by schist Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:00 pm

» DVLA [Hick] Does It Work [Hick] ?
by Miss Kermit Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 pm

» know who you are volume ??
by daveiron Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:38 pm

» Hopefully A Success
by daveiron Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:28 pm

» Most Complete Bank Giro Credit
by LionsShare Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:06 pm

» Knowing our Lawful rights
by daveiron Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:05 am

» More Illegal Immigrants
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:43 pm

» SAR dispute
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:32 pm

» There goes Ireland, his off.
by midnight Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:07 pm

» The infamous DP continus
by urchinatheart Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:01 pm

» Call to the DVLA
by urchinatheart Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:36 pm

» BEWARE OF TSB BANK
by daveiron Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:53 am

» Help / Advice needed on ongoing neighbour harassment
by memegirl777 Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:51 pm

» United Kingdom? Really?
by assassin Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:17 pm

» DWP and HMRC alleged debts
by assassin Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:20 pm

» HSBC advice please.
by Trishiapp28 Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:36 am

» He is going to save us again
by flyingfish Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:00 pm

» Government fraud
by midnight Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:01 am

» how to remove a shareholder?
by scrwm Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:06 pm

» I DO NOT CONSENT [62%] - ReformUK got 5% of the electorate. Labour 17%
by badvoc Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:25 pm

» What can ai do about Santander
by Godfastro Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:47 am

» Useful videos Council Tax
by daveiron Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:05 pm

» broadcaster vs me
by scrwm Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:37 pm

Moon phases

Lowells bought a "non" debt--advice needed for 2nd letter in 3 letter process

5 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Lowells bought a "non" debt--advice needed for 2nd letter in 3 letter process Empty Re: Lowells bought a "non" debt--advice needed for 2nd letter in 3 letter process

Post by waylander62 Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:25 pm

does she have a copy of the terms and conditions of the account when she first opened it ?

if yes then she needs to have a read of them

if No then she needs to request a copy of the terms and conditions of the account from Studio.

thats what i would do.

is this a live studio a/c ? or has she defaulted in the past and is now paying it off each month?

waylander62
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Lowells bought a "non" debt--advice needed for 2nd letter in 3 letter process Empty Re: Lowells bought a "non" debt--advice needed for 2nd letter in 3 letter process

Post by waylander62 Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:37 pm

ok i understand, what i dont understand is why studio have sold her account ???
the reason i asked about the terms and conditions are to see if their is a term in there that says they have the right to transfer your debt to a third party.

If there is then she does have a contract with lowell in the eyes of the english civil courts unless you can prove otherwise.

this still doesnt make a lot of sense to me as to why studio would sell her account ? which is being paid and has not defaulted ? has she purchased anything from studio since june 2017 ?

waylander62
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:10 pm

Hi guys

Perhaps Studio defaulted on their own finances and lowell were appointed to administrate their accounts?

Or they self-finance the credit they offer and needed a quick influx and sold some accounts?

....just guessing.

Cheers!

Back to top Go down

Post by waylander62 Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:41 pm

iamani wrote:Hi guys

Perhaps Studio defaulted on their own finances and lowell were appointed to administrate their accounts?

Or they self-finance the credit they offer and needed a quick influx and sold some accounts?

....just guessing.

Cheers!

i understand what you are saying, but lowell cannot service the account can they ?

they cannot give good discharge as per the act they say have purchased it using ? if she places an order for goods lowell cant provide those goods can they ?

very strange !! there must be more to this ?

waylander62
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinxer Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:46 pm

This has happened before to someone either on here or on the old site. I can remember reading about it and it was the exact same scenario, studio selling on an account to lowells that wasn't defaulted on.

Jinxer
Very helpful
Very helpful

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:46 am

Its very simple, studio will have contracts with numerous suppliers to supply a fixed or minimum quantity of goods over a prescribed time and often these will have penalty clauses within these contracts.

Studio may have had a lot of defaulters and made huge losses.

Studio may simply be rationalising their accounts and looking for a cash injection for their shareholders.

Studio may be looking at a takeover by another company and told to get their accounts in order by a certain date.
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by waylander62 Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:42 pm

assassin is more than likely correct in his assumption,

however this does not make it right, or indeed lawful under the CCA.

it will without a doubt state somewhere in their terms and conditions ( studio ) that they have the right to transfer the account to a third party.

which in this case they have done, it being lowell.

in my opinion, and it is just my opinion, the 3 letters would be a waste of time, it would be best to look at other areas and ask other awkward questions.

my first point of call would be to write directly to studio and ask for a copy of the letter they sent on the 2nd september 2017, send to STUDIO directly and not lowell.

was this an active account ? or did your friend stop using it a while ago and it had become dormant.

waylander62
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by Candor Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:24 pm

Also further or in the alternative to what waylander has stated is that their is the issue of obtaining a good discharge.

So operating on the proviso that you are not challenging the debt but intend to discharge it, you need to know the purchaser/assignee/transferee of the account has good title to the rights and beneficial interest, so you can discharge the debt, otherwise why the hell are you paying them.

Proof of their having been assigned such title will have been effected by way of a deed from the OC, its a transfer or disposal of property.

Contract ad idem is not really anything to do with it.

Last edited by Candor on Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Candor
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by waylander62 Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:35 pm

Candor wrote:Also further or in the alternative to what waylander has stated is that their is the issue of obtaining a good discharge.

So operating on the proviso that you are not challenging the debt but intend to discharge it, you need to know the purchaser/assignee/transferee of the account has good title to the rights and beneficial interest, so you can discharge the debt, otherwise why the hell are you paying them.

Proof of their having been assigned such title will have been effected by way of a deed from the OC, its a transfer or disposal of property.

correct, i agree, i mentioned this myself in a previous post in this thread,by selling to lowell they have effectively cut off your ability to trade with them for any further goods because lowell cannot provide the service by which you first entered the agreement.

that is why i asked if the account was open and trading or if it had become dormant.

now is the time to gather any and or all evidence you can, ask studio for a copy of that letter in my previous post.

waylander62
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by waylander62 Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:39 pm

Hi Waylander,

Her account was open and not dormant--she was not in debt and was paying as required monthly by debit card.....As I said, she received a phone call out of the blue from Studio to say that Lowells had purchased a large number of their accounts in bulk.
Again... as far as I am concerned, if anyone is foolish enough to buy a "debt", then that debt has been paid by them and therefore does not exist any more.

What is the Law of Property Act 1925, which Lowells quote in their letter?

also, the DEED OF NOVATION is a significant piece of documentation, as far as I am aware--so would Lowells be able to provide that?

ok, then by selling to lowell they may have created a problem for themselves and lowell this is why we need to ask some awkward questions and get the answers in writing.

because lowell bought the "debt" does not mean that it is satisfied in the eyes of the law ( not my own thoughts but the law )

law of property act is the act that they claim they purchased the debt 'under', which is why i think you should ask studio for a copy of the letter sent on 2/9/17 to start with.

forget the deed of novation, this would not have been transferred using a novation agreement.

waylander62
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down