Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» UK Column
by ceylon Today at 3:18 pm

» The Ledger Bait, Dead Men Have No Rights Justinian Deception Channel and ROHAN
by iamani Today at 3:09 pm

» Predictive programming and the music industry.
by Awoken2 Today at 3:04 pm

» Let's Have Some Tunes thread.
by Society of the Spectacle Today at 2:29 pm

» The budget deceit & animal haters?
by ceylon Today at 11:15 am

» DCA called
by 1saberwow Today at 9:40 am

» Copy of signed loan contract
by Ausk Today at 9:01 am

» Joint Bank Giro Credit Slip Missing Utility Company Has Not sent with their fake bill/s Need advice please .
by LionsShare Today at 8:35 am

» Help Required By Members
by assassin Today at 3:06 am

» Liability Order in Respect of Council Tax....
by iamani Today at 1:25 am

» Water Distiller Recommendations?
by urchinatheart Today at 1:12 am

» sold debit
by iamani Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Continued ADL censorship of the internet
by Kestrel Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Residence and Domicile
by iamani Yesterday at 8:09 pm

» Reality chat with peter howard and company
by Society of the Spectacle Yesterday at 7:50 pm

» Options......on Presentment
by iamani Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» Cabot - Catalogue
by dkent1977 Yesterday at 7:11 pm

» The 5 Big No's Wheat,Meat,Dairy,Starch and SOY.
by WokeBro Yesterday at 3:07 pm

» Geo Engineering, are we seeing another avoidable tragedy?
by Awoken2 Yesterday at 2:47 pm

» toms house case
by jooboi Yesterday at 11:15 am

» Troy on language
by ceylon Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Has Mugabe gone? Brexit no deal? Is it the END?
by ceylon Yesterday at 10:14 am

» Gardening Cheats
by assassin Yesterday at 1:55 am

» What the health!!
by Society of the Spectacle Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:59 pm

» The House of Torlonia
by Phillpots Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:15 pm

» Dirty Tricks
by assassin Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:07 pm

» Took me a while
by assassin Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:53 pm

» MUST SEE- Re Diabetes. Just out-but only 1st episode available.--Episode 1 - The Black Death of the 21st Century--Ep 7 just uploaded.
by epsom Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:42 pm

» Halifax Overdraft
by Willy Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:58 pm

» Cabot and interesting letters...
by Gman76 Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:54 pm

» jacobs/council tax
by pieintheskywhenIdie Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:19 am

» I've got one now - "Pastdue Credit Solutions Ltd" / SSE
by pieintheskywhenIdie Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:16 am

» sol excalibre with cookiemonster
by Society of the Spectacle Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:09 pm

» Do this EVERY time you receive a debt collect demand/claim
by assassin Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:09 pm

» LINK Financial
by assassin Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:57 pm

» Slaughterbots
by epsom Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:03 pm

» Querying a Barclaycard debt
by choccylover Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:35 pm

Arrow Global ... reared their ugly head again!

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Arrow Global ... reared their ugly head again!

Post by Quirinus on Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:32 pm

A quote from National debtline :

"If a debt is barred under statute, it means that by law (the Limitation Act), the lender has run out of time to use certain types of action to try and make you pay the debt.

Statute-barred does not mean the debt no longer exists. In some circumstances, the creditor, or a debt collection agency, can still try and recover money from you. You can choose to pay if you wish. Even if the debt is statute-barred, it may still be on your credit reference file. This may make it harder for you to get further credit."

Go to national debt line website and click on "What does 'statute barred' mean"
Unfortunately as a new member I am unable to post external links.
Quirinus
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinxer on Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:14 pm

And they will give a very unbiased view wouldn't they, would you bite the hand that feeds you. I know I wouldn't.

Our funding
​You will notice we say all over this site that our advice whether online or over the phone is entirely free. This is because National Debtline is part of a charity called the Money Advice Trust.

The Money Advice Trust is funded by a range of organisations including banks, building societies, water companies, energy companies, and Government. We receive funding from these organisations because they recognise that our advice helps their customers to tackle their debts effectively and sustainably.

You can read more about our funding on the Money Advice Trust website.

SOURCE

Take a look at the list of where the charities funds come from HERE
Last time I ever give money to comic relief.

Jinxer
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:25 pm

They and I for that matter are not telling lies.
They have truthfully spelled out the situation concerning statute-barred. In plain English so as not to confuse.
I found it this afternoon as you appeared to have trouble accepting what I said last night about the situation concerning a statued-barred debt.
I am sure of this and it is there in black and white for you.
Also as I have previously mentioned. I do not believe this to be the situation with the poster of this thread. As previously mentioned I believe the debt is being kept alive. So all avenues for the debt collector are still open should they wish.
Quirinus
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinxer on Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:37 pm

I think a new thread should be started so the debate about statute barred can go on so as not to ruin LindyLous1962 thread any further. I hope Ian Robinson pops a few quid in your Christmas card this year.

Jinxer
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:43 pm

There is no need for a new thread to discuss the situation concerning a statute-barred debt as I have already made it clear. That discussion is over.
Your last comment about Ian Robinson is just ridiculous. You appear to have difficulty accepting the truth. This is not helping the poster of this thread. Please only comment on subjects that you have knowledge of.
Quirinus
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinxer on Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:13 pm

Ok thank you for making it clear. I think the poster of the thread will have a great deal of knowledge now about statute barred debt's and will be able to make an informed decision on what to do.
I would hedge my bets that that won't include acknowledging the debt or even to offer a payment plan, so to those ends National Debt Line and what they have to say will be of no consequence. So if you have more advice to add then feel free to mention it, but I think we've done the statute barred bit to death now and are not going to get any further.
How about one of these cases you attended Court for and got dismissed after offering payment, what about a new thread to discus that so you can educate me further.

Jinxer
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:31 pm

I will happily outline why what I originally posted is correct. It is worth posting here as it applies to the poster of this thread.
It's about fulfilling your legal obligation. If an offer is made no matter how small, then you are fulfilling your legal obligation.
The poster of this thread would probably have a nice surprise as they would probably (not guaranteed) knock a huge chunk off the debt as debt collectors purchase debts for generally pence in the pound.
The reason for it being unwise for them to go to court is precisely what I have said. You have already legally offered to fulfill the obligation.
This is why when you produce the offer in court and say to the judge that this case is nonsense. The judge knows he cannot disagree because it is nonsense as you have fulfilled the legal obligation to offer to pay. Hence he/she will remain silent. The solicitor for the claimant is also aware of this, so will also remain silent. So at that point asking for the case to be dismissed on the grounds that there is no objection to the case being nonsense is not unreasonable.
But again it should not even go this far.
The legal system is there for you to use also. It just requires your understanding.
Hope this helps.
Quirinus
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinxer on Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:37 pm

It has helped and you know what it's NONSENSE.
The next time you go to Court to use this scenario, please I beg you to give me a heads up so I can witness this for myself. I would travel anywhere in the Country to watch this in action.

Jinxer
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggy on Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:26 pm

@LindyLou1962 wrote:Hi Tiggy,

I have just come across the following that was provided by previous DCA and seemed to have been overlooked! Senior moment!

Original Agreement with: Arrow Global Management Limited
Date of Original Agreement: 22/01/2007
Date of Transfer to Arrow Global: 10/05/2013

The original agreement was not with Arrow Global Limited!

Looks like last payment was made 22/10/2010 ... no payment made or offer made since then ... no acknowledgement of debt since then ...

LL Smile

The Date of the original agreement will be when you took out the credit, when a DCA purchases the debt they cannot place their own default onto your credit file they can only replace the original creditor, which is why it now says the original agreement was with with Arrow Global.

Under FCA rules a Debt purchaser is free to continue to chase a debt (unless it's in Scotland) until the debtor writes to say they believe the debt to be Statute Barred, if it is they are then prohibited from contacting the debtor again.

However, I would always caution anyone to get the date the Formal Default Notice was issued to be 110% certain it's passed the SB date before writing this type of letter.

Once a debt is statute barred it cannot be legally enforced against you.

Tiggy
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by LindyLou1962 on Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:33 pm

Hi Tiggy,

As always a BIG thank you ... will pen a letter over the weekend and keep you up to date on events!

Smile

LindyLou1962
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:50 pm

@Tiggy wrote:The Date of the original agreement will be when you took out the credit, when a DCA purchases the debt they cannot place their own default onto your credit file they can only replace the original creditor
Thus fulfilling the legal grounds for keeping the debt live as efforts have been ongoing to collect the debt within the six year period, the original creditor is allowed to use a debt collector to attempt to collect the debt. Also do not overlook what I have said earlier about a statute-barred debt. It may well stay on your credit report for the rest of your life unless you make efforts to repay the debt. Being statute-barred does NOT mean the debt is extinguished.
Quirinus
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggy on Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:35 pm

@Quirinus wrote: It may well stay on your credit report for the rest of your life unless you make efforts to repay the debt. Being statute-barred does NOT mean the debt is extinguished.

Can you possibly type in a link to where you're getting this information from Quirinus?  

I cannot find anything that says that an unsatisfied debt remains on your credit file after 6 years, all mine fell off as soon as the 6 year date passed, but am interested to learn why this is your understanding.

Tiggy
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Lopsum on Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:38 pm

i suspect that he is a dca working for arrow.
Lopsum
Admin
Admin

http://goodf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lopsum on Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:41 pm

whats the best thing to do if they continue to try and enforce or just harass and lie ?
Lopsum
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:50 pm

Hi Lopsum, so now it is your turn.
Try reading back, you will see that I have provided enough evidence of what I have said concerning a Statute-barred debt. I really do not wish to repeat myself because you are to tired to read this thread in it's entirety. It's now old. What I am saying is correct. And you are saying the same nonsense about being a DCA that has already been said. Total rubbish because you are to lazy to read the whole thread.
I am giving sound information. It may not be what you want to hear. But you need to hear it.
Quirinus
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinxer on Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:59 pm

@Lopsum wrote:whats the best thing to do if they continue to try and enforce or just harass and lie ?
I'll try and answer that, go and get a nonsense order. I don't know what one is but it maybe something in between a Tomlin order and bankruptcy, or maybe a bit like a stay or a unless order. I'm not sure what one costs though either.

Jinxer
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:06 pm

@Lopsum wrote:whats the best thing to do if they continue to try and enforce or just harass and lie ?
I have already answered this earlier in the thread. Please go back and read.
Quirinus
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Lopsum on Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:08 pm

you havent offered any proof whatsoever of any of the rubbish you have said.
Lopsum
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron on Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:16 pm

It seems clear its am attempt to get LindyLou to acknowledge the alleged debt.& in fairness to her this thread should be cleaned of all the crap

daveiron
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:17 pm

Lopsum, you are not helping the original poster with such rubbish.
I have offered plenty of evidence and reasoned discussion to support what I have said.
You are offering nothing.
You may not like what I am saying. I am not here to make you feel nice.
I am merely stating things as they are. Again you may not like that, but that is just too bad.
Argue my points concerning a statute-barred debt with reason.
Argue what I have said about how this can be dealt with in court with reason.
Present your reasoned counter arguments if you wish to be taken seriously.
Quirinus
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:21 pm

@daveiron wrote:It seems clear its am attempt to get LindyLou to acknowledge the alleged debt.& in fairness to her this thread should be cleaned of all the crap  
Again utter nonsense. Provide your reasoned arguments against what I have posted rather than attempting to shut down someone that is presenting their case with reason.
You may not like what I am saying. So argue the points raised. You are not helping the original poster here.
Quirinus
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron on Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:28 pm

As nonsense appears to be your favorite word ,maybe you should have chosen it as your username ,seems more fitting.

daveiron
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:29 pm

@daveiron wrote:As nonsense appears to be your favorite word ,maybe you should have chosen it as your username ,seems more fitting.
Again, a pointless response that offers nothing.
Quirinus
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinxer on Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:51 pm

Is my default Statute Barred?
Although a default will be removed from your report after 6 years the lender may still pursue you for the debt, unless the debt is statute barred.

A statute barred debt is a debt which is seen as unenforceable as the creditor has not chased it in the period allowed.

If you have not made payment or signed acknowledgment of a debt in writing for 6 years in England and Wales and 5 years in Scotland then it could be statute barred.
Source

There's my reasoned argument, now go and find a link to prove it wrong with your reasoned argument.

Jinxer
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Lopsum on Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:52 pm

a picture paints a thousand words
Lopsum
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum