The GOODF Approach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Supply What Does It Mean?
by LionsShare Today at 11:45 am

» Speed ticket Is This The Way To Go?
by flyingfish Yesterday at 10:11 pm

» Know who you are
by daveiron Yesterday at 7:28 am

» DSAR
by brownowl Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:15 pm

» Council Tax questions we should all be asking
by LionsShare Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:20 am

» Whats In A Name?
by LionsShare Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:49 pm

» The infamous DP continus
by Biggiebest Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:20 pm

» Purchased Used car, thew con rod after 4 weeks, 40,000mi on clock, can we get out of the finance?
by assassin Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:19 am

» C'Tax & The Bradbury Pound System
by flyingfish Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:21 pm

» Warranty issues
by brownowl Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:05 pm

» Smart Meter and Pre Pay Meter remedy
by daveiron Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:29 am

» are they feeling the pinch...?
by pitano1 Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:19 pm

» Fruit
by assassin Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:36 am

» Are Lowell getting desperate ?
by waylander62 Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:08 pm

» Electric Vehicles
by assassin Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:57 am

» Water charges
by daveiron Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:36 am

» 20 mph speed limit enforcable????
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:26 pm

» Allotments
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:54 am

» Energy debt
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:49 am

» HO HO HO not that shinning or with clean hands !!!!!!
by Lopsum Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:04 pm

» Psychological Operation - Evidence on more fraud
by Lopsum Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:00 pm

» Allodial Title
by urchinatheart Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Grow Potatoes
by Mrblue2015 Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:18 am

» Feed Yourself For Less
by assassin Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:23 pm

» New GOODF - small account closed upon Notice 3
by RaspberryBlu Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:02 pm

» DWP
by daveiron Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:23 am

» LGA1888 sect79 sub2
by urchinatheart Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:15 am

» Know Who You Are Even More Volumes To Come
by LionsShare Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:24 am

» Woke, Nimbys, Snowflakes and idiots
by urchinatheart Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:09 am

» Never Buy Seeds Again
by assassin Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:14 pm

» Ovo bank giro?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:07 pm

» Is your car a government remote controled car???
by Lopsum Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:48 pm

» peacekeepers apprantly get a c'tax win?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:14 am

» Can I Complete The Food Circle
by urchinatheart Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:46 am

» Council tax and summons for arrest
by LionsShare Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:44 pm

» THIS IS THE ONE ?
by schist Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:04 pm

» Garden Share
by assassin Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:37 pm

» Serial Posty been awarded £10'000 for a fake bite
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:23 pm

» The new ruling, lie-ability order
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:04 pm

by schist Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:00 pm

» DVLA [Hick] Does It Work [Hick] ?
by Miss Kermit Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 pm

» know who you are volume ??
by daveiron Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:38 pm

» Hopefully A Success
by daveiron Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:28 pm

» Most Complete Bank Giro Credit
by LionsShare Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:06 pm

» Knowing our Lawful rights
by daveiron Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:05 am

» More Illegal Immigrants
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:43 pm

» SAR dispute
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:32 pm

» There goes Ireland, his off.
by midnight Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:07 pm

» Call to the DVLA
by urchinatheart Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:36 pm

» BEWARE OF TSB BANK
by daveiron Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:53 am

» Help / Advice needed on ongoing neighbour harassment
by memegirl777 Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:51 pm

» United Kingdom? Really?
by assassin Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:17 pm

» DWP and HMRC alleged debts
by assassin Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:20 pm

» HSBC advice please.
by Trishiapp28 Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:36 am

» He is going to save us again
by flyingfish Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:00 pm

Moon phases

Lowell threatening me Again !!

+12
sam
assassin
memegirl777
onak
jsicho
mattyb
Ausk
waylander62
1saberwow
daveiron
warwick65
barnwebb
16 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Lowell threatening me Again !! - Page 4 Empty Re: Lowell threatening me Again !!

Post by barnwebb Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:42 am

memegirl777, yes it happens all the time, 'codes from printing machines the same' etc, the problem is persuading the judge to give a damn as all they seem to care about is whether you received the Notice of Assignment for example, and don't seem to give a monkeys who printed it or whether it was sent to you correctly. Once you've said you've received it then the rest is ignored no matter how dodgy it is as the judge just wants to go home to his pie and chips.

barnwebb
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Lowell threatening me Again !! - Page 4 Empty Re: Lowell threatening me Again !!

Post by barnwebb Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:14 pm

Ah well, for what it's worth I've sent off the defence and the CPR18 which I'd completely forgotten about so we'll see what happens.

barnwebb
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by barnwebb Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:58 pm

Hi folks,

I have been going through the paperwork and noticed that the photocopies of the Notice of Assignment that lowell solicitors say that lowell and cap one allegedly previously sent me have dates that are two days different from the actual originals (both having appeared with lowell print code up the edge) and one of them is even signed by a completely different person.

Any suggestions on how to approach that one should I need to ?

barnwebb
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by waylander62 Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:24 pm

assignment issues are very difficult to fight in court as judges tend to accept anything

by the sounds of it you have 2 notices
i) 1 from Lowells and 1 from capital one

ii) you have then been sent a further copy of the notices but contain different dates, which one contains a different signature ? the lowells one or the cap one one

have they issued a claim for this yet ?

waylander62
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by barnwebb Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:04 pm

Hi waylander,

It's the cap one photocopy assignment letter that has a different name and signature compared to the one that they sent to me originally.

Seems to me that they have a collection of signed templates that they just put whatever they like on when it suits them.

Yes, the claim has been issued and I've sent in my attempt at a defence although I deeply suspect I'll get stitched up again.

Was I supposed to send a copy of the defence to Lowell ?

I ask this as the court sent me an acknowledgment of receipt of the defence and said that they would send a copy to Lowell. I got a letter from Lowell today 'Notice of pending County Court Judgement' saying I hadn't responded to the claim and that they're going to ask the court to do x,y,z etc. My immediate thought to that was "get stuffed" !!

Onward Smile

barnwebb
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by waylander62 Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:20 pm

hmm, highly suspicious that cap one have sent you 2 notices of assignment by 2 different people with 2 different dates on it !!!!!

definitely now put in a part 18 request for a copy of the Deed of assignment due to the conflicting notices allegedly sent by Cap One.

And file a notice to prove asking them to prove the actual date of assignment for the reasons above.

no you dont need to send a copy of the defence to Lowell

yes they can get stuffed on that one. E mail a complaint to the FCA stating you are a LIP and they should not be threatening you in this manner when the courts have already served a copy of your defence on them, ( provide evidence )

was there any PPI or insurance with the cap one card ?

waylander62
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by barnwebb Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:16 pm

Hi waylander,

Just to clarify, as I probably didn't make it clear enough, the date of the alleged assignment is the same on both letters but the date at the top of the actual letter is different from the original. The format of the assignment date on the letters is different too, though I suppose no judge would care. The original letter is 00/00/00 and the photocopy is 00 Month 0000.

Also I only originally received one notice of assignment allegedly from capital but with lowell print code all up the side. I also received a lowell one in a separate (but exactly the same type of) envelope. The second (photocopy) capital letter with the different name, signature and date lowell sent themselves as their proof that capital sent the NoA. The second (photocopy) letter of lowells supposed NoA that came with it was much the same as the original they sent but again the date at the top was different.

I did put in a part 18 request so should I update it with a new one ?

Sorry but what does 'LIP' stand for ? (Litigation in Progress ?)

There was no PPI or otherwise on the card although I've no doubt capital insured it in the same way as mortgages so are quids in anyway.

Cheers

barnwebb
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by waylander62 Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:45 pm

i think i understand

if the notices from capital one are different in any way then put in a part 18 request for an explanation as to why ? Request a copy of the Deed of assignment to confirm that this has been lawfully assigned.

put forward a notice to prove that these notices are indeed genuine and not created and sent by Lowell themselves

write to capital one and request a copy of any notice of assignment sent to you informing you that they had assigned this account.

LIP stands for litigant in Person,

in their particulars how do they describe assignment of the account/debt

waylander62
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by barnwebb Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:43 pm

Hi waylander,

Thanks for that.

They've already said in a previous letter that the Deed of Assignment is private and they're not going to show it to me.

Below is the particulars of claim.

barnwebb
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by waylander62 Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:13 pm

put in a part 18 request for further information regarding the assignment

put the reason why you are requesting this information, put your doubts of how genuine this assignment is inclde dates , signatures etc

and make a further request fro the deed,

a part 18 request is also filed with the court.

definitely right to cap one and request a copy of any assignment letters sent to you by them.

waylander62
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by waylander62 Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:15 pm

just read their POC

in the part 18 request also ask if the account defaulted as they dont mention this.

but they do mention the account being terminated so ask for the termination notice if they have not sent one.

waylander62
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by barnwebb Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:00 pm

Thanks waylander, I'll get on to that and update when/if something happens Smile

Let me know if you think of anything else I can pressure them with.

barnwebb
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ausk Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:04 am

barnwebb wrote:memegirl777, yes it happens all the time, 'codes from printing machines the same' etc, the problem is persuading the judge to give a damn as all they seem to care about is whether you received the Notice of Assignment for example, and don't seem to give a monkeys who printed it or whether it was sent to you correctly.  Once you've said you've received it then the rest is ignored no matter how dodgy it is as the judge just wants to go home to his pie and chips.

So what you might like to consider doing is developing questions that cast doubt on the authenticity of the notice of Assignment. Frame your questions to the DC like this:

Mr DC Can you prove with substantiating evidence that the Notice of Assignment conforms to section xyz of the property law act in you justification

Can you prove with substantiating evidence the assignment relates to the alleged claim of debt against me?

Can you prove with substantiating evidence that you have been legally and lawfully been assigned this alleged debt? (yes I can here it is - well why did you not send me a certified copy of it when I requested it from you?)

Anything they answer something like i am of the elief ..... then you rephrase the question  and ask it again with something like  "is it possible that the assignment has been fabricated form many documents - Them no. You well can you prove it hasn't ?

Develop your questions, and role play the questions with a friend or family member.

this is called cross examination and its  vital part of creating a "Preponderance of Evidence" in your favour.

Should you decide to go down this path perhaps you might like to keep the questions you developed and perhaps create a thread to put them in so others can access them as time goes by. Perhaps then others will add theirs and so on until there is a nice big store of cross examination questions that others can draw from for their cases.

Ausk

Back to top Go down

Post by barnwebb Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:18 am

Thanks Ausk, I'll have to work on my questioning style as it's not a strong point.

barnwebb
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by barnwebb Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:27 pm

Lowells must think that because it's Christmas I'm going to suddenly want to make a deal. They've just sent me a copy of a 'Directions questionnaire, (Small Claims Track)' that they've sent to court where they have agreed to mediation. They suggest that should I like to mediate also then I should tick 'yes' in my own questionnaire. There is a couple of problems with that, first off is I haven't got a questionnaire (I assume the court sends me one, I don't know), second is that I get the feeling that maybe they think their case isn't water tight so are 'trying it on' so to speak, in which case they can go and whistle dixie as I'm in no mood to mediate with these crooks and am crossing my fingers that I don't slip up somewhere and lose.

barnwebb
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by waylander62 Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:39 pm

No, a directions questionnaire is sent out by the court for both parties to fill in and return, it is a requirement.

failure to return a directions questionnaire in time can lead to a claim or a defence be struck out for non compliance.

they are sent out to each party along with directions are you sure you have not seen one ??!!

waylander62
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by barnwebb Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:04 am

No waylander, I've not even heard of one before let alone seen one. If I don't get one by Wednesday I'll call the court to find out why.

Thanks for the info.

What is the usual timescale that it would need to be returned ?

barnwebb
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by waylander62 Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:58 am

yes you need to contact the court ASAP

timescales vary, the court sends them out to both parties and specifies a date by which they must be filed and served

i dont understand why you have not received this from the court ?

waylander62
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by barnwebb Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:51 pm

Thanks waylander, I'll get on to that !

barnwebb
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by barnwebb Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:33 am

Telephoned the court and according to the chap there the court won't send me a directions questionnaire until they've processed the one they have received from lowell. Likely to be next year (2019) now as they are apparently very far behind with paperwork there. Once received I have three weeks to return it as far as he knew.

All I know for the time being.

barnwebb
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by waylander62 Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:57 pm

never heard of that one before Shocked

waylander62
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:34 pm

Waylander: the court cannot act until it receives and processes the paperwork as they have to also accept the case, they may choose NOT to accept the case for several reasons.
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by waylander62 Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:26 pm

assassin wrote:Waylander: the court cannot act until it receives and processes the paperwork as they have to also accept the case, they may choose NOT to accept the case for several reasons.

i know what you mean assassin, but every case that i have helped with and including the 7 of my own all of which have gone to court a directions questionnaire has been sent out to both parties to file and serve at the same time ?

i remember a few years ago sending one back for my wife and the DCA (MKDP it was at the time) were late sending theirs back and the next thing we received was a court order giving MKDP 7 days i think it was, to file and serve their DQ or the claim be struck out !

i agree the court cannot act until it receives and processes the paperwork, this DQ is the paperwork it needs, but is a requirement of both claimant and defendant. I was concerned for barnweb that if he didnt file and serve in time the court may strike out the defence

waylander62
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:36 am

I understand what you mean Waylander but the courts are backed up with these cases and are doing a large number of them as administrative cases and finding against the claimant, I would suggest that he telephones the court again and asks them to send out their claims in writing as anyone answering a phone can claim the usual "we have no knowledge of this" tactic they employ.
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by waylander62 Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:14 pm

assassin wrote:I understand what you mean Waylander but the courts are backed up with these cases and are doing a large number of them as administrative cases and finding against the claimant, I would suggest that he telephones the court again and asks them to send out their claims in writing as anyone answering a phone can claim the usual "we have no knowledge of this" tactic they employ.

yes i totally agree with that ! you cannot rely on a phone call.

you could e mail the courts and raise your concerns that way, it is then on record, in my recent experience the court sends an auto reply back so that should cover you. I dont usually like e mails but in this instance it may be a good idea the courts are trying to push using online services more and more these days.

waylander62
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next