The GOODF Approach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» hmrc bond
by LionsShare Today at 9:56 am

» Know who you are
by LionsShare Sun May 05, 2024 5:54 pm

» Chainsaws 1
by assassin Sat May 04, 2024 5:07 am

» Supply What Does It Mean?
by LionsShare Thu May 02, 2024 11:45 am

» Speed ticket Is This The Way To Go?
by flyingfish Wed May 01, 2024 10:11 pm

» DSAR
by brownowl Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:15 pm

» Council Tax questions we should all be asking
by LionsShare Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:20 am

» Whats In A Name?
by LionsShare Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:49 pm

» The infamous DP continus
by Biggiebest Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:20 pm

» Purchased Used car, thew con rod after 4 weeks, 40,000mi on clock, can we get out of the finance?
by assassin Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:19 am

» C'Tax & The Bradbury Pound System
by flyingfish Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:21 pm

» Warranty issues
by brownowl Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:05 pm

» Smart Meter and Pre Pay Meter remedy
by daveiron Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:29 am

» are they feeling the pinch...?
by pitano1 Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:19 pm

» Fruit
by assassin Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:36 am

» Are Lowell getting desperate ?
by waylander62 Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:08 pm

» Electric Vehicles
by assassin Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:57 am

» Water charges
by daveiron Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:36 am

» 20 mph speed limit enforcable????
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:26 pm

» Allotments
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:54 am

» Energy debt
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:49 am

» HO HO HO not that shinning or with clean hands !!!!!!
by Lopsum Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:04 pm

» Psychological Operation - Evidence on more fraud
by Lopsum Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:00 pm

» Allodial Title
by urchinatheart Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Grow Potatoes
by Mrblue2015 Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:18 am

» Feed Yourself For Less
by assassin Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:23 pm

» New GOODF - small account closed upon Notice 3
by RaspberryBlu Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:02 pm

» DWP
by daveiron Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:23 am

» LGA1888 sect79 sub2
by urchinatheart Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:15 am

» Know Who You Are Even More Volumes To Come
by LionsShare Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:24 am

» Woke, Nimbys, Snowflakes and idiots
by urchinatheart Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:09 am

» Never Buy Seeds Again
by assassin Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:14 pm

» Ovo bank giro?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:07 pm

» Is your car a government remote controled car???
by Lopsum Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:48 pm

» peacekeepers apprantly get a c'tax win?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:14 am

» Can I Complete The Food Circle
by urchinatheart Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:46 am

» Council tax and summons for arrest
by LionsShare Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:44 pm

» THIS IS THE ONE ?
by schist Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:04 pm

» Garden Share
by assassin Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:37 pm

» Serial Posty been awarded £10'000 for a fake bite
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:23 pm

» The new ruling, lie-ability order
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:04 pm

by schist Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:00 pm

» DVLA [Hick] Does It Work [Hick] ?
by Miss Kermit Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 pm

» know who you are volume ??
by daveiron Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:38 pm

» Hopefully A Success
by daveiron Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:28 pm

» Most Complete Bank Giro Credit
by LionsShare Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:06 pm

» Knowing our Lawful rights
by daveiron Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:05 am

» More Illegal Immigrants
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:43 pm

» SAR dispute
by assassin Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:32 pm

» There goes Ireland, his off.
by midnight Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:07 pm

» Call to the DVLA
by urchinatheart Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:36 pm

» BEWARE OF TSB BANK
by daveiron Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:53 am

» Help / Advice needed on ongoing neighbour harassment
by memegirl777 Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:51 pm

» United Kingdom? Really?
by assassin Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:17 pm

» DWP and HMRC alleged debts
by assassin Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:20 pm

Moon phases

Cabot Financial - My Next Step

+4
Stevro
Mrblue2015
daveiron
Compaq7500
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Cabot Financial - My Next Step - Page 3 Empty Re: Cabot Financial - My Next Step

Post by Mrblue2015 Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:08 pm

Hi there - BRB - just drafting your next response Wink
Mrblue2015
Mrblue2015

Compaq7500 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Cabot Financial - My Next Step - Page 3 Empty Re: Cabot Financial - My Next Step

Post by Mrblue2015 Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:28 pm

Hello again.

After seeing your latest PM I have updated the approach for you as follows.

Check out the following template and make a copy:

https://goodf.forumotion.com/t4987-notice-of-conditional-acceptance-for-debt-purchasers-only

Referring to the copy of the template you have just made:

1) Under the line "cc to whoever has contacted you" add the following line:
Please find enclosed: Removal of Implied Right of Access Notice

2) BEFORE the line " I am somewhat concerned by your assertions that I owe a debt to your
corporation
" enter the following:
I received your latest letter dated <enter date of their last letter>.

In response to your statement "You have chosen to not respond to any of our recent communications about your account even though we have given you ample opportunities" this is a LIE. I can confirm, with evidence, that I have sent all 3 letters which have all been signed for by royal mail special delivery service and have proof of all 3 signatures confirming that Cabot Financial have received the 3 letters. The dates of these letters are as follows: <list dates of letters>.

These letters gave YOU ample opportunity to substantiate your claim to what is an alleged debt . Also, your "9 days to respond" is not of my concern and, going forward, I shall only have time to respond every fortnight at best, take it or leave it.

The claim is in DISPUTE as you have failed to FULLY evidence your claim. As such, in the meantime and as per the FCA regulations, you are NOT allowed to make collections whilst your claim is in DISPUTE : A firm must suspend any steps it takes or its agent takes in the recovery of a debt from a customer where the customer disputes the debt.

3) Now leave the rest of the template as it is i.e. from the line "I am somewhat concerned by your assertions that I owe a debt to your corporation..." onward.

4) Print off and sign the letter.

5) Print off and sign the following NOTICE: https://goodf.forumotion.com/t264-removal-of-implied-right-of-access

6) Put both documents in an envelope and use the Royal Mail First Class signed for service.

That's what I would do...

Last edited by Mrblue2015 on Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrblue2015
Mrblue2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Compaq7500 Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:41 pm

Mr Blue I did send the correct 3 letters after you advised me to resend them after what I originally sent Cabot, I definitely used the 3 letter templates

Compaq7500
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrblue2015 Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:12 pm

Compaq7500 wrote:Mr Blue I did send the correct 3 letters after you advised me to resend them after what I originally sent Cabot, I definitely used the 3 letter templates

As you can see, I have now revised my post for you:

https://goodf.forumotion.com/t3697p50-cabot-financial-my-next-step#33487

That's my last message for the weekend I'm afraid, good luck!
Mrblue2015
Mrblue2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Compaq7500 Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:01 pm

Good evening Mr Blue.

Just an update the letter and notice have been sent by royal mail special delivery next day service so will arrive tomorrow before 1pm would have sent them earlier but my printer packed up be interesting to what Cabot Financial will reply back with.

Regards

Compaq7500

Compaq7500
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrblue2015 Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:12 pm

OK thanks for the update, lets see what they come back with.
Mrblue2015
Mrblue2015

Back to top Go down

Post by mav777 Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:55 pm

Mrblue, I am in a very similar situation with cabot for a debt which is approx 14 years old, I was wondering if you would be so kind as to help me with this as its causing me a massive amount of stress and anxiety.

mav777
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrblue2015 Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:21 pm

Hi there, will see if I can but it's getting very busy here...

First and foremost please create a new post as this one belongs to Compaq7500.

Thank you.
Mrblue2015
Mrblue2015

Back to top Go down

Post by mav777 Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:34 pm

Hi Mrblu
Many thanks for your reply will do

mav777
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Compaq7500 Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:22 am

Mr Blue further to my latest letter that you kindly advised me to send, I have received a reply from Cabot Financial who have replied with the following.

Our understanding standing of your complaint.

You are unhappy with a letter we sent you which suggests you have chosen not to respond to our communications about this account.

You have sent us 3 letters which we have failed to respond to.

You dispute this account as we have failed to fully evidence our claim.

Our complaints team sent you a letter dated July 2019 following this you have sent us 3 more letters upon review our complaints team received 3 letters from you in August 2019 and September 2019, upon reviewing these letters we note you have continued to raise the same points within these 3 letters, we have already addressed your concerns however I believe we should have responded to you outlining our position am I am sorry we failed to do this

The points you continue to raise have been addressed already and we will not respond to letters of this nature in the future.

Conclusion

Cabot have a legitimate reason to be pursuing you for the balance of this account as it remains outstanding.

It is clear you have acknowledged this account in the past as payments have been made directly by you.

We are unable to obtain any account documentation for this account, however we have complied with our statutory obligations by sending you a notice of assignment and therefore have no other obligations to supply further documentations.

Next Steps

This accounts remains with our customer operations team, I have placed it on hold for 30 days to allow you time to contact us to discuss a suitable repayment plan.

This is our final response under our terms of complaints.

Regards

Compaq7500

Compaq7500
Not so newb
Not so newb

daveiron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:34 pm

What they are saying is the equivelent of buying a car from a bloke in the pub
who does not have the log book or any proof of ownership.
Tough they should have done their due diligence before buying it.

However i would watch the first part (if not all) of this, as personally i would send
a letter of rebuttal .

https://youtu.be/T1Bcg87yTr0
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Mrblue2015 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Compaq7500 Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:41 pm

Thank you for your reply daveiron it is greatly appreciated, do you have a link  for a template of letter of rebuttal please.

Compaq7500
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:52 pm

Hi watch the video ,then just send a notice listing all the points in their
letter you are rebutting.
As i am sure you are aware ,just sending templates does nothing to help
you comprehend what and why you are doing things for.
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Mrblue2015 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrblue2015 Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:17 am

Good morning all.

Compaq7500:
100% Agreed with the points Daveiron is making. Take a pen and paper and watch the video he has pointed you to (How to deal with Debt Letters: Standing your ground) and pressing pause / note the key parts. You will learn a lot and trust me / Daveiron, you will feel SO much more empowered ('knowledge is power') and not only win in the end (I can almost guarantee you will) but feel BETTER and happier for it. I used to be in fear when I started many, many years ago and simply copied the template letter. But then I read and DIGESTED other posts here and learned so much* / felt empowered / the fear went / it became 'common sense' in terms of how and where to tweak the letters.

*And this is where watching and digesting the video will help

So.... Take your notes and use them for your next letter.

Also, I would add the following lines somewhere in your final letter:

"You say it is clear you have acknowledged this account in the past as payments have been made directly by you. The payments were made at a time when I was regrettably naive and ignorant and was not aware of the FACTS i.e. that no debt exists without being evidenced with certain legal financial instruments that you have NEVER supplied."

"Therefore please make NOTE that I rebut your claim to a debt and I rebut your presumption that I owe you a debt."

"For the avoidance of doubt, the alleged debt is not in complaint (your words not mine) as you so ignorantly suggest."

"The alleged debt remains in dispute because you have failed (fact) to supply the financial instruments legally required to evidence your claim, i.e. those financial instruments that I have kindly listed out for you in my Notice of Conditional Acceptance issued to you <date you sent the NoCA> together with the additional questions I was entitled to ask of you, 1 to 10 in total."

"As such, should you attempt payment collection activities against a disputed debt, you will be in clear breach of the FCA and I shall note that for a future complaint."

THAT'S IT (plus your notes from the video).

(And you will ALWAYS repeat the above sentences / the notes from the video in more than once letter going forward if need be until they get fed up / sell on etc...)

All the best,

Mr Blue

Last edited by Mrblue2015 on Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Mrblue2015
Mrblue2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrblue2015 Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:22 am

And note where I use words such as "kindly" - I'm taking the mickey out of them by being sarcastic. Why not, they never ever respond to all of your questions / demands so every letter they send takes the mickey out of you....

And note where I uses words such as "demand" - I'm starting to fight back - not only can they make demands... Now it's your turn to get THEM up against the ropes. Treat it like a fight. And the suggestions daveiron and I have just made are the left hook that Cab-BS didn't see coming....

Wink
Mrblue2015
Mrblue2015

Back to top Go down

Post by El E Mentary Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:22 am

Could the GDPR UK be also used?
As we are all data subjects we are afforded some rights over the use of our data.
The https://ico.org.uk who state that they are

The UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals.

The UK GDPR sets out seven key principles:
       Lawfulness, fairness and transparency
       Purpose limitation
       Data minimisation
       Accuracy
       Storage limitation
       Integrity and confidentiality (security)
       Accountability
   These principles should lie at the heart of your approach to processing personal data.

The lawful bases for processing are set out in Article 6 of the UK GDPR. At least one of these must apply whenever you process personal data:

(a) Consent: the individual has given clear consent for you to process their personal data for a specific purpose.

(b) Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract you have with the individual, or because they have asked you to take specific steps before entering into a contract.

(c) Legal obligation: the processing is necessary for you to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations).

(d) Vital interests: the processing is necessary to protect someone’s life.

(e) Public task: the processing is necessary for you to perform a task in the public interest or for your official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law.

(f) Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for your legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, unless there is a good reason to protect the individual’s personal data which overrides those legitimate interests. (This cannot apply if you are a public authority processing data to perform your official tasks.)

The UK GDPR provides the following rights for individuals:

The right to be informed
The right of access
The right to rectification
The right to erasure
The right to restrict processing
The right to data portability
The right to object
Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.

This could be another avenue of approach as these bottom feeders do not have consent or a contract or anything else that I can see.

Also as a side note the observation decks books are well worth the money imho with excellent info contained within the pages

El E Mentary
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:30 am

That fits in with what i have been thinking lately. ie,we should be sending
SARs to these people as well. They should then have to supply the deed
of assignment albeit a redacted copy ,and case law states that.
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Compaq7500 Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:32 am

Gentlemen I have watched the video and it was very educational sadly writing notes and then putting them into a letter of rebuttal is sadly going to be a struggle as I'm not very good at doing things like this.

My apologies

Compaq7500
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrblue2015 Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:40 am

I’m not sure what you are therefore suggesting? We do it for you? Is our (excellent) help and guidance not enough? Smile
Mrblue2015
Mrblue2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Compaq7500 Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:47 am

MrBlue your help and guidance has been exceptional from the start If I have a template to work from then I can change it to fit my circumstances and not just copy and paste it sadly writing notes and then putting it into a letter of rebuttal is different kettle of fish

Compaq7500
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrblue2015 Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:49 am

We do not have a template for that video I’m afraid.
Mrblue2015
Mrblue2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Compaq7500 Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:50 am

Okay no worries

Compaq7500
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrblue2015 Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:06 pm

How about for now, you just stick the the wording I provided above. And then you’ll have the next couple of weeks or so to prepare for their next letter. And in that time you have plenty of time. It’s never too late to learn these skills (comprehension - watching a video of reading a book and taking key notes) so use the next few weeks as that opportunity Smile

Otherwise it sounds like you will need help all the way and that’s something we do not do ie we do not normally go above and beyond the the advice we provide in our dedicated GOODF template letters and process section (which tells you every step you need to take AND when to, eg the ten day intervals etc).

Even if we wanted to hand-hold you through every step, we couldn’t as we also all lead busy lives and have spent a very considerable amount of time on the GOODF templates and process section etc. And I’m sure that those efforts are appreciated by many. In fact we know they are, as we have lots of examples of successes in our success section where the GOODF templates and process section has helped them.

All the best!
Mrblue2015
Mrblue2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Compaq7500 Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:43 am

Have drafted a response after watching the video that you advised me to watch I must say it was very educational to what extremes cabot financial will go to and how they try and turn around what you have actually requested in the 3 letter process ie turning the 3 letters into a complaint which they actually aren't as they are notices of conditional acceptances.

Hopefully this 4th and final notice of conditional acceptance which stipulates that the 3 letters I have already sent are NOT letters of complaints but are indeed 3 notices of conditional acceptances will now finally sink in with Cabot Financial.

Regards
Compaq7500

Compaq7500
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrblue2015 Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:08 pm

All the best!
Mrblue2015
Mrblue2015

Compaq7500 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3