The GOODF Approach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Promissory Notes
by daveiron Yesterday at 10:57 am

» CCIV Concerns Addressed
by assassin Fri May 17, 2024 4:38 am

» end tenancy fight with landlord
by Lopsum Thu May 16, 2024 10:25 pm

» MBNA
by Sam97 Thu May 16, 2024 5:31 pm

» Purchased Used car, thew con rod after 4 weeks, 40,000mi on clock, can we get out of the finance?
by scrwm Thu May 16, 2024 4:53 pm

» Lucy Letby
by daveiron Wed May 15, 2024 11:48 pm

» large Solar storms heading to earth as we speak
by daveiron Tue May 14, 2024 3:58 am

» Interesting Headline
by assassin Tue May 14, 2024 2:49 am

» Virgin money locked my account fraud query
by daveiron Sun May 12, 2024 12:32 am

» Astra Zeneca
by assassin Fri May 10, 2024 4:55 am

» At last.
by daveiron Thu May 09, 2024 6:53 am

» Know who you are
by LionsShare Wed May 08, 2024 1:24 pm

» hmrc bond
by LionsShare Tue May 07, 2024 9:56 am

» Chainsaws 1
by assassin Sat May 04, 2024 5:07 am

» Supply What Does It Mean?
by LionsShare Thu May 02, 2024 11:45 am

» Speed ticket Is This The Way To Go?
by flyingfish Wed May 01, 2024 10:11 pm

» DSAR
by brownowl Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:15 pm

» Council Tax questions we should all be asking
by LionsShare Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:20 am

» Whats In A Name?
by LionsShare Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:49 pm

» The infamous DP continus
by Biggiebest Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:20 pm

» C'Tax & The Bradbury Pound System
by flyingfish Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:21 pm

» Warranty issues
by brownowl Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:05 pm

» Smart Meter and Pre Pay Meter remedy
by daveiron Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:29 am

» are they feeling the pinch...?
by pitano1 Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:19 pm

» Fruit
by assassin Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:36 am

» Are Lowell getting desperate ?
by waylander62 Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:08 pm

» Electric Vehicles
by assassin Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:57 am

» Water charges
by daveiron Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:36 am

» 20 mph speed limit enforcable????
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:26 pm

» Allotments
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:54 am

» Energy debt
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:49 am

» HO HO HO not that shinning or with clean hands !!!!!!
by Lopsum Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:04 pm

» Psychological Operation - Evidence on more fraud
by Lopsum Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:00 pm

» Allodial Title
by urchinatheart Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Grow Potatoes
by Mrblue2015 Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:18 am

» Feed Yourself For Less
by assassin Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:23 pm

» New GOODF - small account closed upon Notice 3
by RaspberryBlu Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:02 pm

» DWP
by daveiron Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:23 am

» LGA1888 sect79 sub2
by urchinatheart Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:15 am

» Know Who You Are Even More Volumes To Come
by LionsShare Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:24 am

» Woke, Nimbys, Snowflakes and idiots
by urchinatheart Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:09 am

» Never Buy Seeds Again
by assassin Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:14 pm

» Ovo bank giro?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:07 pm

» Is your car a government remote controled car???
by Lopsum Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:48 pm

» peacekeepers apprantly get a c'tax win?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:14 am

» Can I Complete The Food Circle
by urchinatheart Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:46 am

» Council tax and summons for arrest
by LionsShare Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:44 pm

» THIS IS THE ONE ?
by schist Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:04 pm

» Garden Share
by assassin Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:37 pm

» Serial Posty been awarded £10'000 for a fake bite
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:23 pm

» The new ruling, lie-ability order
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:04 pm

by schist Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:00 pm

» DVLA [Hick] Does It Work [Hick] ?
by Miss Kermit Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 pm

» know who you are volume ??
by daveiron Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:38 pm

» Hopefully A Success
by daveiron Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:28 pm

Moon phases

Littering 'accusation'

5 posters

Go down

Littering 'accusation' Empty Littering 'accusation'

Post by JL2013 Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:12 pm

Hi guys.

Allow me to first point out the fact that I am no newcomer to GOODF, but this is the first time I have actually asked for advice.

So, that over with, I have a predicament. I'll try to keep it as simple as I see it. Sticking to facts only, no heresy.

Last year, In January I believe I was attending my regular university lecture, with a paper cup of coffee. It was in a separate building to where I store my things to get home. Therefore, it was a requirement after the lecture that I take all of my belongings (paper cup included) back to the university building where I could get suitably outfitted to make the motorcycle journey home (also the bike was parked there, the other building that is).

10 yards or so away from my destination, in very strong winds, the cup was blown from my hand. I had carried the empty cup at least half a mile with the impetus of placing it in an appropriate bin. Just my luck.

The wind took the cup some 100 yards away from me, therefore I decided to ditch my incredibly heavy bag (containing books, laptop, camera etc) in the building before chasing the cup. Yet, almost immediately I was confronted with a council officer asserting as fact that I had thrown and discarded the item. Claiming he had video evidence (which I think he does not).

That is simply not the case.

A year later, they are demanding, through a third party debt collector the princely sum of £600 for this act of god.

What can I do? This is very unjust and has caused real upset.

Recently, this debt collector conned £300 of my money out of my partner through intimidation, duress. She was scared. He lied and she bought it, hook line and sinker.

How do I deal with these people?

To

JL2013
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Littering 'accusation' Empty Re: Littering 'accusation'

Post by JL2013 Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:39 pm

I am not here looking for a 'free ride' out of littering, let's look at the facts.

Alleged littering offence, which I contest heavily because I can not control the wind.
If they do have video evidence as they suggested, then it would provide evidence to support the fact above.
I don't think they have any evidence, I think they have bulk processed it, and some pleb made a Christmas bonus at my expense.
I have an enduring mental health condition called agoraphobia, which I hate more intensely than you could possibly imagine. I made bad decisions accordingly.

I got duped. I need some help.

JL2013
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by JL2013 Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:40 pm

Ceylon? Anyone? 3 letters?

JL2013
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by JL2013 Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:38 pm

All right. I've been doing a little digging. So the council sold the debt to Marsdens group, and the mafioso style retards they keep sending around are amateur at best.

I have called them and they are too afraid too even disclose the details of their CEO. Which is information I feel entitled to.

Next move is a FOI request because I don't believe the evidence exists. With the council.

People get bullied. I am being bullied by these people.

JL2013
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggy Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:47 pm

How has this managed to get to £600, have they not been sent any documentation ?  

Has this become a Court fine ?

Also, I doubt the Council has sold it to Marstons, they're probably just working on their behalf.

Tiggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ausk Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:22 am

Read carefully, delete that which is not relevant and
edit as is required.

AFFIDAVIT OF SPECIFIC NEGATIVE AVERMENT
The undersigned Affiant, (XXXX), hereinafter “Affiant”, in care of (XXXX) YOUR ADDERESS, etc, does solemnly swear, declare and state as follows:
1. Affiant is competent to state the matters set forth herein; and
2. Affiant has knowledge of the facts stated herein; and
3. All the facts herein are true, correct and complete, admissible as evidence and if called upon as a witness, Affiant will testify to their veracity; and
Plain Statement of Facts.
4. Affiant sees no verifiable evidence the wind played no role in the cup ending up on the ground, signed and sworn by an officer of the (xyz Council/Marstons whoever) hereinafter “THE CLAIMENT”, or any other Council Officer whose duty it is to enforce littering laws in (council or county, whatever) and Affiant believes that no such evidence exists; and
5. Affiant sees no verifiable evidence that the accused driver, (XXXX), was operating the motor bike at the time, date and location of the alleged offence and Affiant believes that no such evidence exists.

Ausk

Back to top Go down

Post by JL2013 Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:13 am

Thank you Ausk. It's very kind of you to take the time to draft that out on my behalf. I will post it to them as they don't seem to be otherwise contactable and reply here with results.

JL2013
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by JL2013 Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:59 am

Tiggy wrote:How has this managed to get to £600, have they not been sent any documentation ?  

Also, I doubt the Council has sold it to Marstons, they're probably just working on their behalf.

Tiggy, I have been away studying at university for 18 months. I had no idea they were actually pursuing it and can only assume the extra charges are an act of pure fiction.

JL2013
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggy Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:53 am

JL2013 wrote:
Tiggy wrote:How has this managed to get to £600, have they not been sent any documentation ?  

Tiggy, I have been away studying at university for 18 months. I had no idea they were actually pursuing it and can only assume the extra charges are an act of pure fiction.
If it's a Magistrates Court fine put in a statutory declaration, if it's straight from the council appeal it to their tribunal.

Tiggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Theatchet Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:27 pm

As shit as the BBC is, this was a good documentary on the private firms ( Working on behalf of councils ), and the underhand tactics these companies are using. Panorama went undercover. They are getting bonuses for writing tickets and literally following people about, waiting for them to drop something, then using intimidation, threatening to get the police involved, etc etc... As it is an act, they need your consent to enforce. You then give your details in panic ( consenting, entering into a contract through joinder ).

Doesn't help you much I know, but worth a watch and educating yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pi6C1FVuhY&t=5s

Theatchet
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by JL2013 Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:23 am

Tiggy wrote:
JL2013 wrote:

If it's a Magistrates Court fine put in a statutory declaration, if it's straight from the council appeal it to their tribunal.

Hi Tiggy, am I missing something, I've always been told appealing is the worst thing you can do, because you admit liability.

JL2013
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsShare Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:03 pm

Hi,

this may help:

http://boevat.org.uk/about-pcns/

read about pcn & how they work. On this web site you will find reference to parking tickets, the same principal should apply. Its all about making money & nothing else!

also

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/aep/WillandMarSess2/1/2/introduction

"Grants of Forfeitures.

That all Grants and Promises of Fines and Forfeitures of particular persons before Conviction are illegall and void."

When you give your details you effectlvly "contract" - if you like agree to pay...

You can always reserve your inalienable right to NOT perform under "contract"

this should be come clear in the:

http://boevat.org.uk/

web site!
LionsShare
LionsShare

Back to top Go down

Post by JL2013 Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:18 pm

LionsShare wrote:Hi,
Its all about making money & nothing else!
That's what upsets me so much about it. I'm generally nervous out and about as it is because of various problems and Uni has been a real battle. And for these people to jump on me and take advantage of the fact by intimidating me is disgusting. Especially when one considers as a mature student I have no real income to pay their made up fines, and for that privilege they actually demand more money.

They literally take advantage of the poorest and most struggling members of society, it all makes me sick.

LionsShare wrote:Hi,

this may help:

OMITTED

read about pcn & how they work. On this web site you will find reference to parking tickets, the same principal should apply. Its all about making money & nothing else!

also

OMITTED

"Grants of Forfeitures.

That all Grants and Promises of Fines and Forfeitures of particular persons before Conviction are illegall and void."

When you give your details you effectlvly "contract" - if you like agree to pay...

You can always reserve your inalienable right to NOT perform under "contract"

this should be come clear in the:

OMITTED

web site!

Wow, thank you. It seems like I have a lot of reading to do.

JL2013
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggy Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:24 pm

JL2013 wrote:
Tiggy wrote:
JL2013 wrote:

Hi Tiggy, am I missing something, I've always been told appealing is the worst thing you can do, because you admit liability.

Your partner has already paid £300 for this, ignoring it is just going to increase the costs they keep banging on, what did this start of as £25?

How can an appeal possibly construed as an admittance of liability !

Tiggy

Back to top Go down

Post by JL2013 Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:55 pm

Tiggy wrote:
JL2013 wrote:
Tiggy wrote:
JL2013 wrote:

Your partner has already paid £300 for this, ignoring it is just going to increase the costs they keep banging on, what did this start of as £25?

How can an appeal possibly construed as an admittance of liability !

It started if I remember correctly at £80. And it's not being ignored at all. It is my consideration that the fact they have been sending correspondence to an erroneous address shouldn't be my responsibility (although they won't see it that way). Furthermore, It came during end of semester exams and I wasn't about to start making some fictitious allegation from the council a priority over months of study.

If it was just, I assumed, I would have been served with a summons, where I would be given the opportunity to put forth a case to the contrary of their allegations, and this simply did not, that I am aware of, happen.

And I suppose, in the context of an appeal, it is my understanding that I would be appealing to the council to waiver or reduce the amount owing based on my personal circumstances, and not the decision that I am guilty. It makes better sense now however because my compliance (under duress I might add) was also taken de facto as my tacit complicity to pay the sum demanded by way of contract. Therefore an apeeal would be unlikely to make any significant difference to the decision in any case.

I'm not studying law so, I don't know the ins and outs of it.

Last edited by JL2013 on Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bloody Autocorrect)

JL2013
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsShare Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:31 pm

JL2013 wrote:And I suppose, in the context of an appeal, it is my understanding that I would be appealing to the council to waiver or reduce the amount owing based on my personal circumstances
Using your own words "waiver or reduce the amount" may be I am wrong, but is that in itself sort of saying "guilty as charged but take into consideration..."
LionsShare
LionsShare

Back to top Go down

Post by JL2013 Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:41 pm

LionsShare wrote:
JL2013 wrote:And I suppose, in the context of an appeal, it is my understanding that I would be appealing to the council to waiver or reduce the amount owing based on my personal circumstances
Using your own words "waiver or reduce the amount" may be I am wrong, but is that in itself sort of saying "guilty as charged but take into consideration..."
Precisely.

JL2013
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsShare Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:41 pm

Something else you might care to research the definition of FIAT currency.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_money

"an intrinsically useless object that serves as a medium of exchange"

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/f/fiatmoney.asp

"
What is 'Fiat Money'

Fiat money is currency that a government has declared to be legal tender, but it is not backed by a physical commodity. The value of fiat money is derived from the relationship between supply and demand rather than the value of the material that the money is made of. Historically, most currencies were based on physical commodities such as gold or silver, but fiat money is based solely on the faith and credit of the economy."

You could ask "How do I pay an amount of NOTHING" - just an opinion lol!

Also learn to ask some seriously awkward questions - possibly a counter offer?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNxvlr_OKyg

How to beat UK speeding tickets (2014)

You could read this thread from start to finish - alot of very good info surounding this & slavery!

https://goodf.forumotion.com/t1088p25-water-company-demand-using-debt-collector#8474

Good luck!
LionsShare
LionsShare

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsShare Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:43 pm

there have been many references around the WWW - deal with your own case & NOT theirs, don't fill in their paper work write ONLY your own legal notices etc.

Always remember to use "this legal notice forms a record of the parties" & "absent a response & compliance creates a legal record".

I have stated this in several of my posts.

Again good luck!
LionsShare
LionsShare

Back to top Go down

Post by JL2013 Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:50 pm

LionsShare wrote:there have been many references around the WWW - deal with your own case & NOT theirs, don't fill in their paper work write ONLY your own legal notices etc.

Always remember to use "this legal notice forms a record of the parties" & "absent a response & compliance creates a legal record".

I have stated this in several of my posts.

Again good luck!

Thanks you again, you have all been very helpful. I'll let you know how I get on.

JL2013
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggy Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:21 pm

If a summons went to the wrong address then the documents have been irregularly served, hence why I suggested a Statutory Declaration.  

A Statutory Declaration unwinds the whole process and allows you to challenge / defend against the accusation, anything else and they will ignore.

Last edited by Tiggy on Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tiggy

Back to top Go down

Post by JL2013 Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:27 pm

I've discovered that the bailiff is explicitly claiming they are working on behalf of HMCTS (Liverpool magistrates court).

Therefore I will telephone HMCTS tomorrow to ascertain the veracity of that claim and if it is true send a Statutory Declaration as suggested.

JL2013
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down