The GOODF Approach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Promissory Notes
by daveiron Yesterday at 10:57 am

» CCIV Concerns Addressed
by assassin Fri May 17, 2024 4:38 am

» end tenancy fight with landlord
by Lopsum Thu May 16, 2024 10:25 pm

» MBNA
by Sam97 Thu May 16, 2024 5:31 pm

» Purchased Used car, thew con rod after 4 weeks, 40,000mi on clock, can we get out of the finance?
by scrwm Thu May 16, 2024 4:53 pm

» Lucy Letby
by daveiron Wed May 15, 2024 11:48 pm

» large Solar storms heading to earth as we speak
by daveiron Tue May 14, 2024 3:58 am

» Interesting Headline
by assassin Tue May 14, 2024 2:49 am

» Virgin money locked my account fraud query
by daveiron Sun May 12, 2024 12:32 am

» Astra Zeneca
by assassin Fri May 10, 2024 4:55 am

» At last.
by daveiron Thu May 09, 2024 6:53 am

» Know who you are
by LionsShare Wed May 08, 2024 1:24 pm

» hmrc bond
by LionsShare Tue May 07, 2024 9:56 am

» Chainsaws 1
by assassin Sat May 04, 2024 5:07 am

» Supply What Does It Mean?
by LionsShare Thu May 02, 2024 11:45 am

» Speed ticket Is This The Way To Go?
by flyingfish Wed May 01, 2024 10:11 pm

» DSAR
by brownowl Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:15 pm

» Council Tax questions we should all be asking
by LionsShare Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:20 am

» Whats In A Name?
by LionsShare Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:49 pm

» The infamous DP continus
by Biggiebest Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:20 pm

» C'Tax & The Bradbury Pound System
by flyingfish Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:21 pm

» Warranty issues
by brownowl Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:05 pm

» Smart Meter and Pre Pay Meter remedy
by daveiron Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:29 am

» are they feeling the pinch...?
by pitano1 Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:19 pm

» Fruit
by assassin Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:36 am

» Are Lowell getting desperate ?
by waylander62 Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:08 pm

» Electric Vehicles
by assassin Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:57 am

» Water charges
by daveiron Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:36 am

» 20 mph speed limit enforcable????
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:26 pm

» Allotments
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:54 am

» Energy debt
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:49 am

» HO HO HO not that shinning or with clean hands !!!!!!
by Lopsum Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:04 pm

» Psychological Operation - Evidence on more fraud
by Lopsum Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:00 pm

» Allodial Title
by urchinatheart Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Grow Potatoes
by Mrblue2015 Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:18 am

» Feed Yourself For Less
by assassin Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:23 pm

» New GOODF - small account closed upon Notice 3
by RaspberryBlu Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:02 pm

» DWP
by daveiron Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:23 am

» LGA1888 sect79 sub2
by urchinatheart Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:15 am

» Know Who You Are Even More Volumes To Come
by LionsShare Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:24 am

» Woke, Nimbys, Snowflakes and idiots
by urchinatheart Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:09 am

» Never Buy Seeds Again
by assassin Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:14 pm

» Ovo bank giro?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:07 pm

» Is your car a government remote controled car???
by Lopsum Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:48 pm

» peacekeepers apprantly get a c'tax win?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:14 am

» Can I Complete The Food Circle
by urchinatheart Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:46 am

» Council tax and summons for arrest
by LionsShare Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:44 pm

» THIS IS THE ONE ?
by schist Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:04 pm

» Garden Share
by assassin Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:37 pm

» Serial Posty been awarded £10'000 for a fake bite
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:23 pm

» The new ruling, lie-ability order
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:04 pm

by schist Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:00 pm

» DVLA [Hick] Does It Work [Hick] ?
by Miss Kermit Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 pm

» know who you are volume ??
by daveiron Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:38 pm

» Hopefully A Success
by daveiron Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:28 pm

Moon phases

buying gold

+3
daveiron
assassin
freeland
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

buying gold Empty buying gold

Post by freeland Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:34 am

heyup all..i was wondering wether it would be a good idea to buy gold or not i have some small saveings and thought it might be a good idea to buy gold instead of the worthless promisary notes paper floating about and the debt based economy we live in,or is gold going to be obsolete with crypto currency or be become illegal again ,,any ideas where the best place to buy gold would be...many thanks

freeland
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

buying gold Empty Re: buying gold

Post by assassin Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:47 am

Yes, buy online but never buy online, let me explain.

Several sellers are online and have their prices displayed in real time, and only look at those who physically give you the product and not simply gold certificates as you can compare them all for the best deals on gold bullion you can afford, you could also look at silver as this is more volatile in price and in the event of the balloon going up, would be more saleable as it goes into many everyday products.

By buying gold in whatever quantity, you have the actual physical gold (asset) in your hands but the bullion dealers will try to get you to put it into a secure storage facility with them for free, then look at which companies own the storage facilities and you will understand this fully, never put it into storage as they storage facility owners will never release the actual gold.
Look at the Bank of England, they have allegedly sold three times as many gold certificates than actual physical gold they hold in stock and when people go to try to physically get their gold out, complete with gold certificate in hand, they are unceremoniously kicked out of the building, usually assisted by the Po-lice. Never put it in a bank safety deposit box for the same reasons, if you need the physical asset in a hurry, you can bet they will not let you anywhere near it.

Gold has stood the test of time, millenia, and as all the worlds richest people own most of the gold it will remain as a key asset, and if the balloon does go up then you can sell or trade smaller amounts easily.
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:41 am

Bear in mind what assassin said,but on a personal level I have gone that route.

Buying at the right time can be important dont just rush in. I was fortunate & my investment increased
by 30% within a year. Silver & other metals are subject to VAT ,gold is not .
I cannot say what other companies are like but I got excellent service from Bullion by Post.

daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ausk Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:29 am

Buying gold is a good investment, IMO, because its value will never go down.

A one ounce bar of gold always remains the same shape and size. What changes is the number of pounds or dollars that are required to pay for it.

The change in the price reflects a change in the value of the currency used to buy it with and that's all. An increasing price reflects a drop in the value of the currency.

If you are buying for doom times, then I would buy gold coins rather and bars because of the amount of money in just one bar. A bar of gold can only be spent once whereas the number of gold coins as the same value as a one ounce bar is many time more. In other words I would not like to try to 'break' a one ounce bar of gold up at the local shop.

The price of gold has been stable for some years now and there is a reason for this.

Paul Craig Roberts who was a political appointee to the secretary or assistant secretary whatever, to the US treasury by Ronald Raygun, He is also a lawyer and an economist by professions.

Paul has written a very detailed explanation of how the usual suspects have deliberately suppressed the price of gold and why they have done it.

I read it 2-3 years ago now so you will have dig deep into his website to find it but it will be very worth it because then you are likely to agree that should TSHTF as has been prophesied by many, that the price of gold will dramatically escalate.

However; as I said earlier, its the value of the Pound or Dollar that has fallen that has caused the price increase not the price of gold for it remains stable at all times.

Buying gold means you ought not have to worry about runaway inflation which is likely if TSHTF.

Ausk

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:35 am

Just to add ,gold can be bought in any weight from 1 gram upwards (currently £ 37.00)
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

buying gold Empty buying gold

Post by freeland Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:58 pm

heyup all many thanks for the great advice assassin,daveiron,ausk ,yes i have seen bullion by post and a bullion dealer in blackpool called Chards been around from the sixties i think,geting gold is something i realy want to do, if you know of or can recomend any other trustworthy sellers letus know,,many thanks

freeland
news worthy
news worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillpots Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:28 pm

Just to add as an option. I started a few years ago buying gold but more recently (2 years ago) I stopped gold and went over to silver. I buy one or two (thats numbers bought) ounce/gram bars every few months as well as coins. If you fancy silver then https://www.silvertrader.uk/ is what I use. Other than that the gold sites quoted seem fine.

I really do like the idea of purchasing gold aurum notes but they seem very hard to get hold of in the UK.

Phillpots
Very helpful
Very helpful

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:42 am

I would disagree with buying silver coins for one reason, if the silver is bought in small quantities as 99.99% silver then it has an added value in the event of a world economic crash; silver is used in everything from electronics to medicines and in such an event its value would rocket due to mass market appeal and sudden demand. If it is bought solely for investment purposes then coins will be fine; it comes down to what you want to buy it for.

If you have a local bullion dealer then deal only in cash, this leaves no record of a purchase.
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:48 am

I really do like the idea of purchasing gold aurum notes but they seem very hard to get hold of in the UK.

I would suggest this isn't a good idea because they are only tiny amounts of gold and while they are recoverable there is a cost in doing so which will devalue the amount someone will pay for them as they will want the costs of recovery covering during a sale.
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ausk Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:10 am

freeland wrote:heyup all..i was wondering wether it  would be a good idea to buy gold or not i have some small saveings and thought it might be a good idea to buy gold instead of the worthless promisary notes paper floating about and the debt based economy we live in,or is gold going to be obsolete with crypto currency or be become illegal again ,,any ideas where the best place to buy gold would be...many thanks

Before you go and buy up I recommend that you check the UK Banking Act because in a crisis, its common in most jurisdictions to include a clause in the law which enables the government to just take everyone's gold.

The aus law is IMO; deliberately written a little vague. I think this was done on purpose so as not to upset gold buyers during normal times, but enables the govt to just take everyone's gold should they deem it necessary.

Back in the depression days (1930s) the US govt forced, or tried to force, everyone to sell their gold to the govt for a very cheap price. I have no doubt in this day and age they would likely make it a criminal offense NOT to sell their gold back to the govt for the price the govt would offer.

I see no reason why the brit or aus govt would not do the same thing in a crisis tomorrow if it should occur.

If they did I would imagine the sentence would be a long goal term if you didn't sell it to them but kept it.

Perhaps it might be wise to consider that they may already have the legislation in the cupboard just waiting to be pulled out.

Worse still i suspect, the govt would equally have the power to just snatch every private dealer/seller records out of their strong box too when the time comes.

Ausk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lopsum Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:05 pm

the security of gold is that you can bury it for years and it looks exactly the same .
I cant imagine any major crisis where many people would be interested in gold as payment except an economic crash, but then you might spend it all on a loaf of bread by the end of it . Your wits will be more valuable .
if you want gold with no ties try recycling , there's quite alot of gold just being thrown away if you know where to find it.And its not tied to any database or body.
Lopsum
Lopsum
Admin
Admin

https://goodf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:35 pm

On the other side of the coin, so to speak. After your initial purchase the paper trail ends .
unless you sell it 'commercially' .You could have done anything with it quite lawfully.
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillpots Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:25 pm

Interesting assassin. I buy coins to invest and to some extent hedge. I really like the idea of gold/silver in a monetary form albeit plastic notes. Sounds like a really good idea. My opinion though.

Phillpots
Very helpful
Very helpful

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:45 pm

As I said Phillpots; its all about individual circumstances and only you know what yours are, this is why such discussions are interesting and open up the various avenues for people to explore and it gives them other interesting options which they didn't think existed.

On the other side of the coin, so to speak. After your initial purchase the paper trail ends .
unless you sell it 'commercially' .You could have done anything with it quite lawfully.

Slight problem there Dave, they keep a registry of gold and its whereabouts as anyone owning gold has it added to their trust which means you are worth more, this is why they can come a knocking and demand your gold using their own rules during times of war, famine, and economic collapse.

if you want gold with no ties try recycling , there's quite alot of gold just being thrown away if you know where to find it.And its not tied to any database or body.

Oh how true and computer connections are a prime source.
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:58 pm

My take on it is once I have bought it ,I could exchange it for something ,give it away or even destroy it.
there is no trail .
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:08 pm

I understand what you're saying Dave, but they will apply pressure if you say that and they want your gold, this is why they all try to get you to put it on deposit in bullion depositories so they know where it is and they can take it anytime they like.

I like Lopsum's idea of recycling it as it doesn't show up anywhere and they dont know you have it.
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lopsum Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:25 pm

if i lived in usa or Australia i would be going gold panning too
Lopsum
Lopsum
Admin
Admin

https://goodf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Bombadil Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:49 pm

freeland wrote:heyup all..i was wondering wether it  would be a good idea to buy gold or not i have some small saveings and thought it might be a good idea to buy gold instead of the worthless promisary notes paper floating about and the debt based economy we live in,or is gold going to be obsolete with crypto currency or be become illegal again ,,any ideas where the best place to buy gold would be...many thanks

Unless you are a survivalist (which I am not putting down) and/or you have the ability to purchase one coin at a time (lesser denominations yes, but the best coin is the one ounce for value and other factors like collectability ) then I would save and buy land!

In the USA where they deal in their own pension plans, unlike us, they will use the purchase of gold to be used as a pension pot along with other pots. So gold as an investment is good if you have the ability to buy regularly. Most in the UK are paying the tax man up front and don't have that cash to invest in their own ideas. In the UK, if we want private health care, we can't opt out of the national health and have to pay for both. In the USA it's not the same so they have more available cash.

So IF one does it might be a good idea.

For me, in the UK, I feel like other investments are better suited to our circumstances unless we don't buy into the UK system, do our own books and avoid paying tax and buy our own pension pot.

I would see property like a collectable car or a house or land as good options.

I know little of cars. House prices go up and down but they are better than gold but have a huge initial outlay. That leaves land. It has risen slowly in the UK and has maintained it's price. It can be got at a lower price and can be improved upon. Wales is good at the moment.

AVC's at work (additional voluntary contribution ) or with your accountant are very good, giving 20 or 40 percent intrest over their run and some allow you to take it as a lump sum. If you can afford gold or 100 quid, then I would have an avc instead. It's what I do. I pay £180 from pre-tax and only see a loss of £108 from my wages. When I retire I end up with that 180 plus any intrest over the time.

I say again. If one has the extra cash, then all good, get gold. But if one finds it hard to save 100 quid, then you will only end up with one coin a year and gold as an investment is a long term goal.
Tom Bombadil
Tom Bombadil
Very helpful
Very helpful

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:23 am

Interesting thought Tom, but fraught with potential problems and needs working through very carefully, to begin with, what does the OP want? purely investment, purely prepping, or a combination of the two.
Land does stand the long term test but if a major calamity comes along they will suddenly turn up with a Requisition Order for your land and they take it from you, so here is the real issue, size; if your land is of sufficient size it becomes useful to them but if you keep its size down it may not be very useful and usefulness can be a major factor here. If they can stick a military depot on it then it has a potential value, if they can stick some barbed wire around it and some tents on it, it has a value, and if it is strategically located it has a value.

Keep it small and its value becomes reduced, and not only in cash value, but in usefulness and if something nearby has more useful or cash value they will opt for this instead, so this needs careful consideration.
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Bombadil Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:50 am

Land will not be requisitioned! Big land and big companies possibly yes, but not smaller deposits. And it would depend on what the land is used for. Grazing remains grazing etc. In the second WW land was re-purposed but it was not stolen.

If we are talking of a real SHTF then land wins as a gold denomination won't buy you food after a few years as folk won't need it. Gold is only useful in that scenario if one invests in bringing back society to its former glory.

Outside of SHTF, gold is a long term investment, so getting it on the fall is good and understanding that falls and rises occur regularly means one can sell on the rise. But this means holding back with your cash until it falls and not getting it once a year.

In the meantime ones cash fund is lowering to interest. So a short term investment would help. Something that can be retrieved at the drop of a hat when gold might fall.

The poster is not 'in the money' I think. They might have lots, relatively but unless gold is low and one knows how to play, I would not touch it.

It depends on amount at what age for gold BECAUSE it's volatile.

Land and housing is king here if there is no SHTF.

In my view.
Tom Bombadil
Tom Bombadil
Very helpful
Very helpful

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:48 pm

In point of fact Tom, lots of land was stolen during WWII and never given back and while this information has been generally suppressed the evidence remains that many military bases were built on this land and these have continually been sold off by the crown and they kept the money, its an interesting topic and one worth looking into Tom.

Small tracts of land have immense value and if they are small they are likely to be ignored and this we agree on, and they do have stability value in terms of what is a small and worthless piece of land to the state but can also provide a family with considerable amounts of food, or even water and fuel if managed correctly. What is someone's individual value? like you Tom, I grow most of my own food and the OP needs to consider their values and where they lie as small tracts of land maybe a worthwhile investment if he values food stability over financial returns.
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:39 pm

Just like to add, Location is key ,here about 50 miles from london ,small parcels of land are very few
and far between. As a consequence their value would be extortionate due to the house building which
is going on ,particularly in rural areas.
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Bombadil Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:21 pm

I DIDN'T know about the land theft and will look into it sometime  (no time at the moment,  but a link or a name etc to start me off will earn you a browney point)
I have my old infant school teacher to thank for my love of all things home-born second WW.

I am still building up my farm, so not much growing going on at the moment except trees and berry bushes.  Next weekend I will be bringing up some good soil from the quarry floor to help build some beds.  No blog to show pics though.  So busy!

I think we need to know the motives of our poster.  What are your thoughts on WHY you consider gold in the first place freeland?
Tom Bombadil
Tom Bombadil
Very helpful
Very helpful

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Bombadil Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:46 pm

daveiron wrote:Just like to add,  Location is key ,here about 50 miles from london ,small parcels of land are very few
and far between. As a consequence their value would be extortionate due to the house building which
is going on ,particularly in rural areas.

And by the same token if one can afford the land then it would be a good investment too.  It's less than a house but more than a field!

I live in London and purchased land in Wales. It's problematic commuting but it will be worth it when I can stop work.
Tom Bombadil
Tom Bombadil
Very helpful
Very helpful

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:11 am

Tom as a starting point you can look at the airfields and supply dumps built from 1939-45 as there is a host of information concerning these, many were on requisitioned agricultural land which was supposed to be returned after the war in "as was" condition, and was never returned, much of this was sold off by the Crown from the 80's onwards and they kept the money.

In some cases they employed land valuers who were as corrupt as they come and they undervalued the land by as much as 80% at the behest of serving Government Ministers and they paid out for the land at 20% of market value and claimed it was for the post war food production.

Two starting points for you and you will find many more.

How is your build going?
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next