The GOODF Approach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Promissory Notes
by daveiron Yesterday at 10:57 am

» CCIV Concerns Addressed
by assassin Fri May 17, 2024 4:38 am

» end tenancy fight with landlord
by Lopsum Thu May 16, 2024 10:25 pm

» MBNA
by Sam97 Thu May 16, 2024 5:31 pm

» Purchased Used car, thew con rod after 4 weeks, 40,000mi on clock, can we get out of the finance?
by scrwm Thu May 16, 2024 4:53 pm

» Lucy Letby
by daveiron Wed May 15, 2024 11:48 pm

» large Solar storms heading to earth as we speak
by daveiron Tue May 14, 2024 3:58 am

» Interesting Headline
by assassin Tue May 14, 2024 2:49 am

» Virgin money locked my account fraud query
by daveiron Sun May 12, 2024 12:32 am

» Astra Zeneca
by assassin Fri May 10, 2024 4:55 am

» At last.
by daveiron Thu May 09, 2024 6:53 am

» Know who you are
by LionsShare Wed May 08, 2024 1:24 pm

» hmrc bond
by LionsShare Tue May 07, 2024 9:56 am

» Chainsaws 1
by assassin Sat May 04, 2024 5:07 am

» Supply What Does It Mean?
by LionsShare Thu May 02, 2024 11:45 am

» Speed ticket Is This The Way To Go?
by flyingfish Wed May 01, 2024 10:11 pm

» DSAR
by brownowl Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:15 pm

» Council Tax questions we should all be asking
by LionsShare Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:20 am

» Whats In A Name?
by LionsShare Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:49 pm

» The infamous DP continus
by Biggiebest Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:20 pm

» C'Tax & The Bradbury Pound System
by flyingfish Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:21 pm

» Warranty issues
by brownowl Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:05 pm

» Smart Meter and Pre Pay Meter remedy
by daveiron Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:29 am

» are they feeling the pinch...?
by pitano1 Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:19 pm

» Fruit
by assassin Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:36 am

» Are Lowell getting desperate ?
by waylander62 Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:08 pm

» Electric Vehicles
by assassin Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:57 am

» Water charges
by daveiron Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:36 am

» 20 mph speed limit enforcable????
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:26 pm

» Allotments
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:54 am

» Energy debt
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:49 am

» HO HO HO not that shinning or with clean hands !!!!!!
by Lopsum Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:04 pm

» Psychological Operation - Evidence on more fraud
by Lopsum Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:00 pm

» Allodial Title
by urchinatheart Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Grow Potatoes
by Mrblue2015 Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:18 am

» Feed Yourself For Less
by assassin Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:23 pm

» New GOODF - small account closed upon Notice 3
by RaspberryBlu Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:02 pm

» DWP
by daveiron Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:23 am

» LGA1888 sect79 sub2
by urchinatheart Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:15 am

» Know Who You Are Even More Volumes To Come
by LionsShare Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:24 am

» Woke, Nimbys, Snowflakes and idiots
by urchinatheart Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:09 am

» Never Buy Seeds Again
by assassin Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:14 pm

» Ovo bank giro?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:07 pm

» Is your car a government remote controled car???
by Lopsum Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:48 pm

» peacekeepers apprantly get a c'tax win?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:14 am

» Can I Complete The Food Circle
by urchinatheart Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:46 am

» Council tax and summons for arrest
by LionsShare Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:44 pm

» THIS IS THE ONE ?
by schist Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:04 pm

» Garden Share
by assassin Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:37 pm

» Serial Posty been awarded £10'000 for a fake bite
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:23 pm

» The new ruling, lie-ability order
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:04 pm

by schist Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:00 pm

» DVLA [Hick] Does It Work [Hick] ?
by Miss Kermit Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 pm

» know who you are volume ??
by daveiron Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:38 pm

» Hopefully A Success
by daveiron Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:28 pm

Moon phases

Discussion About Contribution

+8
teddy2
assassin
daveiron
Jinxer
Little D
Ferry Man
Waffle
landlubber
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Discussion About Contribution - Page 2 Empty Re: Discussion About Contribution

Post by Ferry Man Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:27 pm

Lopsum wrote:ok we have decided to disable your pm ability , we cannot allow secret advisors to operate on this forum for obvious reasons.

I meant you might as well disable my access full stop, as I have no desire to discuss anything with those I don't choose to, Maybe you should apologise to the member (Ooops!!!) who I was in the middle of helping as obviously you deem their privacy and confidential data better supplied on an open forum.

Take note people, take note .... sanity has left the circus.

Last edited by Lopsum on Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to protect your confidentiality!)

Ferry Man
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Lopsum Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:51 am

I deem nothing of the sort, members can give details anonymously , thats how it works. Nobody needs to know any personal identifiable info and nobody should ask.
Your arguments dont really add up, it seems you expect to use this open forum to privately discuss  matters and gain access to members confidential data , and you mention sanity , bizarre!
surely you can see our point of view on this. Rolling Eyes
The only other option is a closed group forum which would be moderated but only visible to members invited to the group. Thats as private as we can go for the safety of our members! If you think that might work I will happily make the group section and add you.
Lopsum
Lopsum
Admin
Admin

https://goodf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Little D Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:57 am

Ferry Man,

Ferry Man wrote:lopsum

Thank you for taking some time to give this thread some thought, however as I said before I am only working by PM when I visit this site (this reply excepted), I have stated my reasons already in this thread and the rates thread I initiated.

I am offering assistance by PM, and I am currently helping one member in a matter, and I wish to maintain their privacy and mine in that, if my using PM to work with others is a problem for you, then perhaps disabling my access is your remedy.

Grand speech about privacy and then,

Ferry Man wrote:
Lopsum wrote:ok we have decided to disable your pm ability , we cannot allow secret advisors to operate on this forum for obvious reasons.

I meant you might as well disable my access full stop, as I have no desire to discuss anything with those I don't choose to, Maybe you should apologise to the member (@@@@) who I was in the middle of helping as obviously you deem their privacy and confidential data better supplied on an open forum.

The only person to breach confidentiality is you, as it suits your argument.

You are perfectly able to talk openly in the community space, nobody is trying to stop you from talking, you however, are trying to get people into PM's to share your knowledge. This is an open community space so that ideas solutions and pitfalls are explored, for the benefit of all. This is not a private coaching space were individuals can promote their own knowledge, refuse that knowledge to the community and then select who attains personal attention.

It is with regret but I have implemented a 48 hour ban on your account, you have breached the trust of a member and this is unacceptable. I hope that you take the time to reflect on the circumstances that have amounted to this and consider how, or if, you wish to contribute to the community in the future.

Little D
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Society of the Spectacle Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:07 pm

honeyaisle wrote:As for what Ferry Man did well this is exactly how assassin operated on goodf. He only ever helped people by the goodf pm system to 'ensure confidentiality' and yet poor Ferry Man has now been banned for doing the exact same thing here.
and yet I dont think you will find Assasin ever making a statement like this ,

ferryman wrote:as I have no desire to discuss anything with those I don't choose to,  
WOW,

Almost like somebody Scripted the whole thing isnt it ?

Last Edited by society of the Spectacle,
to place  provocatively poking tongue,
firmly back in Cheek.
Society of the Spectacle
Society of the Spectacle
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Little D Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:01 pm

honeyaisle, Ferry Man claimed he was in communication with another and wanted to keep their privacy,

Ferry Man wrote:
lopsum

Thank you for taking some time to give this thread some thought, however as I said before I am only working by PM when I visit this site (this reply excepted), I have stated my reasons already in this thread and the rates thread I initiated.

I am offering assistance by PM, and I am currently helping one member in a matter, and I wish to maintain their privacy and mine in that, if my using PM to work with others is a problem for you, then perhaps disabling my access is your remedy.

Ferry Man then went on to divulge the person who he was discussing in private with,

Ferry Man wrote:

I meant you might as well disable my access full stop, as I have no desire to discuss anything with those I don't choose to, Maybe you should apologise to the member (@@@@) who I was in the middle of helping as obviously you deem their privacy and confidential data better supplied on an open forum.

No one wanted, or asked Ferry Man to breach the trust and confidence that the member had placed in Ferry Man. I am just glad that he did not have more peoples confidence and trust placed in him as I can only presume he would have given all of their names out to support his argument.

As a member of 'community watch', I have a duty and responsibility to ensure everyone is treated fairly and a member giving out private details that have been shared in confidence without express consent of that member is unacceptable. I implemented a '48' hour ban so that Ferry Man can consider this, I felt I gave pretty clear and concise reasoning for this above.

Screen shot the thread if you wish, I have nothing to hide, I feel I was fair in the approach I took and I am fully open to any recourse from any of the mods, including, but not limited to the 5 listed as mods. Personally I like to use internet archive if I feel something is that important it needs saving for future reference.

He is a archive copy of the thread := https://web.archive.org/web/20170709150314/https://goodf.forumotion.com/t626p25-discussion-about-contribution

Little D
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by Little D Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:46 pm

I don't think anyone is trying to hide anything.

All actions and decisions, where practical, are shared with all mod's to express thoughts and opinions.

I think we may be loosing sight of the thread in question 'Discussion About Contribution'.

Perhaps you could make a thread about moderators and moderator decisions, or similar.

This thread was split from another thread so that Ferry Man could express his views about contribution as it was going off topic from a question another poster had made. Out of fairness to Ferry Man who incidentally is 'not' banned for life could we try to keep it on topic please.

Little D
dedicated
dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by Lopsum Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:46 pm

what ever you do dont panic ! the mod list doesnt list all our mods,  i didnt set permissions individually ,i did it by setting the group up with mod powers and adding people as we find to the group so the auto generated list doesnt see them.(naughty i know, typical me not reading the instruction manual Rolling Eyes
  the blue names were a clue all along though!! Laughing

"and we'd of gotten away with it too if it wasnt for you medling kids!!" rabbit
Lopsum
Lopsum
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:47 am

Lopsum, why can't I be a covert mod?

Perhaps I would have too much fun with it and annoy many.
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferry Man Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:18 am

BEFORE I DEPART:

ALAB; you must be having a laugh, don't come all "I broke a members trust" with it, it was the content of private communication and documents that were private, not the fact I was helping by PM, and in any case the request was made on the open forum to begin with, thanks to you Einsteins, I could no longer continue to offer support for that individual while questions were outstanding ... nice attempt to try and salvage some integrity for yourselves, but really quite childish and demonstrative of the clique mentality prevalent on the forum which is mediocre at best, among those considered in the community, impartiality ? what nonsense.

You clearly have no comprehension of Trust implied resulting or otherwise, Ban me for 48 years if you like, I have no intention in being part of a so called community like the one you aspire to (that is the mods and those posting vitriol) and then suggesting I do things for them...

You know where you can stick it don't you.

Ferry Man
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by teddy2 Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:14 am

there is a lot of positive energy today! just looked on here, its a sad read, credit to all on the site yet info such as ferry man's is relevant and needed .
i feel we have winning roadster with blown engine and been offered a working v8 turned it down we are all raising our game to free ourselves however the c/tax is a mafia based pay up
or else . some may be having success and keeping their powder dry f/m could have lifted the dread for many . im not an oxford don ,more john harris
but key points learned can set us free from any demands . pleased for the site set up and the guys who did . could there be a way to embrace the knowledge of the caliber of ferry man . peace

teddy2
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Lopsum Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:34 pm

well so far i dont seem much of an offering, only suggested offerings.
to get a grasp of CT you need to research the legislation, that about sums it up.
 Let me put it this way, as i for one do not know who ferryman was on the other site so any offerings are oblivious to me, i only have what i see on this site to go on.
This is community site with emphasis on coming together , sharing information , ideas and experiences. What ferryman has written goes against this. This is the reason things have happened the way they have. Unfortunately Ferryman is not able to be more flexible and neither are the majority of mods who have the responsibility of maintaining the site . (so the mods CANT move and ferryman just wont!).I have made every attempt possible to accommodate ferryman as is possible and he has flat out refused to even try.
I suggest you go back to the beginning ferryman, you have not gained the incredibly huge amount of trust needed to allow what you proposed.
iam afraid you have just "messed" your own bed.
Lopsum
Lopsum
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinxer Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:09 pm

Ferry Man wrote:BEFORE I DEPART:

ALAB; you must be having a laugh, don't come all "I broke a members trust" with it, it was the content of private communication and documents that were private, not the fact I was helping by PM, and in any case the request was made on the open forum to begin with, thanks to you Einsteins, I could no longer continue to offer support for that individual while questions were outstanding ... nice attempt to try and salvage some integrity for yourselves, but really quite childish and demonstrative of the clique mentality prevalent on the forum which is mediocre at best, among those considered in the community, impartiality ? what nonsense.

You clearly have no comprehension of Trust implied resulting or otherwise, Ban me for 48 years if you like, I have no intention in being part of a so called community like the one you aspire to (that is the mods and those posting vitriol) and then suggesting I do things for them...

You know where you can stick it don't you.    

I'm sure you will be sadly missed and good luck with your quest.

Jinxer
Very helpful
Very helpful

Back to top Go down

Post by teddy2 Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:41 pm

yes jinxer sadly missed , yet this site was set up as the old was scuppered and the forward thinking of the few that gave us a life line cannot be ignored .
as troy and others hold workshops perhaps f/man could
follow suit i would be more than willing to pay for such a
talk , a sad day however lets be grateful of what we have many clued up and hungry members .
that the founders cannot find common ground with the member , there has to be give and take , f/man a scholar perhaps does not feel he has to . peace all
lets go forward .

teddy2
Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:41 am

teddy2 wrote:there is a lot of positive energy today! just looked on here, its a sad read, credit to all on the site yet info such as ferry man's is relevant and needed .
i feel we have winning roadster with blown engine and been offered a working v8 turned it down  we are all raising our game to free ourselves however the c/tax is a mafia based pay up
or else . some may be having success and keeping their powder dry f/m could have lifted the dread for many . im not an  oxford don ,more  john harris
but key points learned can set us free from any demands . pleased for the site set up and the guys who did . could there be a way to embrace the knowledge of the caliber of ferry man . peace  

Unfortunately there is nothing of the sort as what Ferryman is alluding too is actually very old news and tried multiple times before with every case resulting in a loss, and this leaves us as mods with difficult decisions, do we allow people to be led down the garden path and let it end up with them potentially losing their savings and homes, or have we a duty to ensure the accuracy of such information and let people make an informed choice.

We all know the problems and we all know the solutions, the issue is the corrupt system which closes ranks so people cannot invoke the solutions and its multiple layers it has created for itself, to protect itself.
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2