The GOODF Approach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Promissory Notes
by daveiron Yesterday at 10:57 am

» CCIV Concerns Addressed
by assassin Fri May 17, 2024 4:38 am

» end tenancy fight with landlord
by Lopsum Thu May 16, 2024 10:25 pm

» MBNA
by Sam97 Thu May 16, 2024 5:31 pm

» Purchased Used car, thew con rod after 4 weeks, 40,000mi on clock, can we get out of the finance?
by scrwm Thu May 16, 2024 4:53 pm

» Lucy Letby
by daveiron Wed May 15, 2024 11:48 pm

» large Solar storms heading to earth as we speak
by daveiron Tue May 14, 2024 3:58 am

» Interesting Headline
by assassin Tue May 14, 2024 2:49 am

» Virgin money locked my account fraud query
by daveiron Sun May 12, 2024 12:32 am

» Astra Zeneca
by assassin Fri May 10, 2024 4:55 am

» At last.
by daveiron Thu May 09, 2024 6:53 am

» Know who you are
by LionsShare Wed May 08, 2024 1:24 pm

» hmrc bond
by LionsShare Tue May 07, 2024 9:56 am

» Chainsaws 1
by assassin Sat May 04, 2024 5:07 am

» Supply What Does It Mean?
by LionsShare Thu May 02, 2024 11:45 am

» Speed ticket Is This The Way To Go?
by flyingfish Wed May 01, 2024 10:11 pm

» DSAR
by brownowl Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:15 pm

» Council Tax questions we should all be asking
by LionsShare Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:20 am

» Whats In A Name?
by LionsShare Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:49 pm

» The infamous DP continus
by Biggiebest Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:20 pm

» C'Tax & The Bradbury Pound System
by flyingfish Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:21 pm

» Warranty issues
by brownowl Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:05 pm

» Smart Meter and Pre Pay Meter remedy
by daveiron Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:29 am

» are they feeling the pinch...?
by pitano1 Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:19 pm

» Fruit
by assassin Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:36 am

» Are Lowell getting desperate ?
by waylander62 Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:08 pm

» Electric Vehicles
by assassin Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:57 am

» Water charges
by daveiron Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:36 am

» 20 mph speed limit enforcable????
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:26 pm

» Allotments
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:54 am

» Energy debt
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:49 am

» HO HO HO not that shinning or with clean hands !!!!!!
by Lopsum Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:04 pm

» Psychological Operation - Evidence on more fraud
by Lopsum Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:00 pm

» Allodial Title
by urchinatheart Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Grow Potatoes
by Mrblue2015 Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:18 am

» Feed Yourself For Less
by assassin Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:23 pm

» New GOODF - small account closed upon Notice 3
by RaspberryBlu Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:02 pm

» DWP
by daveiron Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:23 am

» LGA1888 sect79 sub2
by urchinatheart Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:15 am

» Know Who You Are Even More Volumes To Come
by LionsShare Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:24 am

» Woke, Nimbys, Snowflakes and idiots
by urchinatheart Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:09 am

» Never Buy Seeds Again
by assassin Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:14 pm

» Ovo bank giro?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:07 pm

» Is your car a government remote controled car???
by Lopsum Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:48 pm

» peacekeepers apprantly get a c'tax win?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:14 am

» Can I Complete The Food Circle
by urchinatheart Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:46 am

» Council tax and summons for arrest
by LionsShare Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:44 pm

» THIS IS THE ONE ?
by schist Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:04 pm

» Garden Share
by assassin Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:37 pm

» Serial Posty been awarded £10'000 for a fake bite
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:23 pm

» The new ruling, lie-ability order
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:04 pm

by schist Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:00 pm

» DVLA [Hick] Does It Work [Hick] ?
by Miss Kermit Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 pm

» know who you are volume ??
by daveiron Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:38 pm

» Hopefully A Success
by daveiron Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:28 pm

Moon phases

Fee Schedule - services - help please

4 posters

Go down

Fee Schedule - services - help please Empty Fee Schedule - services - help please

Post by 123 Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:56 am

Hi All!

Just wondering if anyone is able to help out with any advice on this?

I'm enquiring about using a fee schedule not in a debt collection context but breach of contract context:

A service provider hasn't delivered the service as described, and is in breach of contract. I have moved to another service provider and the first one still owes a per rata refund of annual prepaid charges. In addition they have committed a statutory offence in the process of dealing with the matter, hence I'm trying to pursue two separate claims:

1. Damages for breach of contract in addition to the per rata refund (they've waisted a considerable amount of time running into 50+ calls and 50+ emails within a short period of time in order to achieve a satisfactory service which never happened).
  2. Damages for (personal) injury to feelings (based on their statutory offence)

So far I've sent two letters based on templates - the breach of contract being a complaint letter and the other one a hybrid of a letter before claim and a complaint letter.

The service provider's response has been ridiculous - trying to undercut even the per rata refund as a final offer to both claims.

What's the best way forward - still engage in a "normal response" to their complaints-reply or serving letter(s) before claim for both separately?

If I responded to their complaints-reply, what is the best way of drafting a fee schedule in order to get them to pay pre-/out of court claim?

Many thanks!

Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Fee Schedule - services - help please Empty Re: Fee Schedule - services - help please

Post by daveiron Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Personally i would write to them (R D) informing them of their breach of contract & as they have failed perform on their contract you will now make a claim in the County Court, for the cost of your pre payment and also the costs incurred
in dealing with their communications which have proved to be nothing more than a waste of your time.
Inform them that your time has a value & you do not work for free. Inform them you have made every effort to resolve this matter .

Draw up a list of your costs e.g each letter £ 15.00 ,emails £5 etc. telephone calls made £ ? received ? based on your time.
It is crucial that you have records of everything you are claiming ( copies of letters / emails and at the very least a log of the phone calls. Its important you keep your charges realistic.

I have a truecall system & every call in or out including conversations for the past 3 years is recorded,I bought this after losing in court because I could not prove all of the calls.

daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Fee Schedule - services - help please Empty Re: Fee Schedule - services - help please

Post by 123 Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:24 pm

Thanks very much - provided RD meant resolutions department - after all this ordeal I had sent the letters to the CEO's email and will probably copy them in on subsequent communication. The previous letter already stated that they are considered to be in breach of contract.

Phone log should be available - does it have to be submitted straight away together with the fee schedule or only if it goes to court?

Re: LBA/LBC (letter before claim) - is it sufficient sending it via email or would it have to be via recorded mail?

Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:20 pm

Hi 123,

RD =recorded mail,sorry should have made it clear.

You will only need call logs etc if you bring a claim via county court.
From experience you will need to be able to provide proof of everything.

If you keep things reasonable ,re the fee schedule ,they may well settle before court action.
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 123 Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:47 am

daveiron wrote:Hi 123,

RD =recorded mail,sorry should have made it clear.

You will only need call logs etc if you bring a claim via county court.
From experience you will need to be able to provide proof of everything.

If you keep things reasonable ,re the fee schedule ,they may well settle before court action.

Thanks for clarifying this - so simply referring to a fee schedule might suffice at this stage rather than tediously going through all the detail and then possibly not getting any of detailed charges claimed at an out of court settlement?

Also - various conditions have been mentioned on the forum for activating a fee schedule e.g.:

https://goodf.forumotion.com/t1131-new-3-letters-for-debt-purchasers -

In this example the fee schedule is activated through a failure by the other party to produce the required documentation
within ten (10) days from the date of this Notice.

So what would be a reasonable condition to activate a fee schedule even retrospectively for emails/calls, generally work that has already been carried out?

Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiron Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:08 am

I would inform them of your fee schedule (they will never agree to it) However let them know that if it becomes necessary to resolve this matter in court .These are the costs you will be adding to your claim as being a fair remuneration for your time spent on this matter.
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:42 am

I would also add nunc pro tunc after each charge as this means back to the beginning and if it states this then it is much easier to deal with.

Telephone call received nunc pro tunc £3.00 per minute or part minute thereof.
Telephone calls made nunc pro tunc £4.00 per minute or part minute thereof.
(minimum call time of 10 (TEN) minutes applies)

Remove the ambiguity.
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 123 Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:58 pm

daveiron wrote:I would inform them of your fee schedule (they will never agree to it) However let them know that if it becomes necessary to resolve this matter in  court .These are the costs you will be adding to your claim as being a fair remuneration for your time spent on this matter.  

assassin wrote:I would also add nunc pro tunc after each charge as this means back to the beginning and if it states this then it is much easier to deal with.

Telephone call received nunc pro tunc   £3.00 per minute or part minute thereof.
Telephone calls made nunc pro tunc      £4.00 per minute or part minute thereof.
(minimum call time of 10 (TEN) minutes applies)

Remove the ambiguity.

@assassin & daveiron: Excellent - Thanks very much for the advice!

Accordingly estimate figures for a fee schedule would be sufficient pre-court with a more detailed break-down for eg particulars of claim, if it went that far?!

@ daveiron - Re: Service of documents - I note you suggested RD and I'm aware that used to be the norm so far, yet when glancing over CPR - Part 6 / Service of Documents:

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part06#6.17 -

It appears email and other electronic transmission is accepted as well?

Previous emails to the service provider's top-level management have received read-receipts.

Alternatively the service provider's customer account also allows for uploading documents directly to their server including time-stamp. -

Hence would a combined email / upload on their server suffice be deemed service of the letter before claim?

Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:38 am

E-mail is not accepted, the only electronic transmission which is accepted is fax, this is because a fax transmission has to have an original document to be fed into a fax machine so there is an original document to campare with a faxed copy.

This is one of the most contentious scams going, they say "service of documents" which is merely to deceive, they do accept some documents but none of those which you rely on which is merely another excuse for a judge to throw out your case.
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 123 Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:23 am

assassin wrote:E-mail is not accepted, the only electronic transmission which is accepted is fax, this is because a fax transmission has to have an original document to be fed into a fax machine so there is an original document to campare with a faxed copy.

This is one of the most contentious scams going, they say "service of documents" which is merely to deceive, they do accept some documents but none of those which you rely on which is merely another excuse for a judge to throw out your case.

Well, that's a revelation!

Also came across something else a while back re service of documents and not sure if applicable (generally, not in this instance) and where this can be found in the CPR?:

"The “Irrebutable Presumption” of Service

It can be difficult for parties to litigation to understand that, in legal terms, service is not the same as delivery or receipt. A claim form is deemed to have been served on a defendant even if it has been returned to the court marked undelivered – provided that it was sent to the last known or usual address of the defendant. The claim form is even deemed to have been served if the claimant knows that the defendant has left that address – unless they know the defendant’s new address.
This rule is so strict that there is nothing the defendant can do to rebut it even if they have conclusive proof that they never received the document. There is even case law that says that service was still good where a document was sent to a property which had previously been destroyed."
(source: http://www.aboutsmallclaims.co.uk/serving-court-papers-documents.html)

Last edited by 123 on Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by assassin Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:49 pm

This is because you are looking at the wrong legislation 123, CPR does not govern the rules of postage as this is governed by its own legislation, and here is your first error, you need to understand that a lot of legislation contradicts other legislation and you need to be aware of this and use the correct legislation.

Under postal legislation there is an irrebutable presumption and this is simply that when something is posted it is delivered, therefore at the point of posting it is deemed as delivered and served or serviced, and not at the point of delivery.

Handle has come in nicely with an excellent point and that you have to prove non receipt of a document and once you do you can have a judgement set aside, the courts know that not all mail posted is delivered and have to have a way to cover themselves.

Therefore, once posted it is served, it doesn't matter what the delivery address is, it doesn't matter that a property is destroyed and doesn't exist as they switch to postal law and say it was posted and deem it served under that legislation.
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 123 Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:57 pm

Thanks for pointing this out.

Not so newb
Not so newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down