The GOODF Approach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Promissory Notes
by daveiron Today at 10:57 am

» CCIV Concerns Addressed
by assassin Fri May 17, 2024 4:38 am

» end tenancy fight with landlord
by Lopsum Thu May 16, 2024 10:25 pm

» MBNA
by Sam97 Thu May 16, 2024 5:31 pm

» Purchased Used car, thew con rod after 4 weeks, 40,000mi on clock, can we get out of the finance?
by scrwm Thu May 16, 2024 4:53 pm

» Lucy Letby
by daveiron Wed May 15, 2024 11:48 pm

» large Solar storms heading to earth as we speak
by daveiron Tue May 14, 2024 3:58 am

» Interesting Headline
by assassin Tue May 14, 2024 2:49 am

» Virgin money locked my account fraud query
by daveiron Sun May 12, 2024 12:32 am

» Astra Zeneca
by assassin Fri May 10, 2024 4:55 am

» At last.
by daveiron Thu May 09, 2024 6:53 am

» Know who you are
by LionsShare Wed May 08, 2024 1:24 pm

» hmrc bond
by LionsShare Tue May 07, 2024 9:56 am

» Chainsaws 1
by assassin Sat May 04, 2024 5:07 am

» Supply What Does It Mean?
by LionsShare Thu May 02, 2024 11:45 am

» Speed ticket Is This The Way To Go?
by flyingfish Wed May 01, 2024 10:11 pm

» DSAR
by brownowl Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:15 pm

» Council Tax questions we should all be asking
by LionsShare Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:20 am

» Whats In A Name?
by LionsShare Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:49 pm

» The infamous DP continus
by Biggiebest Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:20 pm

» C'Tax & The Bradbury Pound System
by flyingfish Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:21 pm

» Warranty issues
by brownowl Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:05 pm

» Smart Meter and Pre Pay Meter remedy
by daveiron Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:29 am

» are they feeling the pinch...?
by pitano1 Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:19 pm

» Fruit
by assassin Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:36 am

» Are Lowell getting desperate ?
by waylander62 Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:08 pm

» Electric Vehicles
by assassin Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:57 am

» Water charges
by daveiron Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:36 am

» 20 mph speed limit enforcable????
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:26 pm

» Allotments
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:54 am

» Energy debt
by flyingfish Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:49 am

» HO HO HO not that shinning or with clean hands !!!!!!
by Lopsum Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:04 pm

» Psychological Operation - Evidence on more fraud
by Lopsum Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:00 pm

» Allodial Title
by urchinatheart Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Grow Potatoes
by Mrblue2015 Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:18 am

» Feed Yourself For Less
by assassin Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:23 pm

» New GOODF - small account closed upon Notice 3
by RaspberryBlu Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:02 pm

» DWP
by daveiron Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:23 am

» LGA1888 sect79 sub2
by urchinatheart Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:15 am

» Know Who You Are Even More Volumes To Come
by LionsShare Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:24 am

» Woke, Nimbys, Snowflakes and idiots
by urchinatheart Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:09 am

» Never Buy Seeds Again
by assassin Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:14 pm

» Ovo bank giro?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:07 pm

» Is your car a government remote controled car???
by Lopsum Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:48 pm

» peacekeepers apprantly get a c'tax win?
by LionsShare Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:14 am

» Can I Complete The Food Circle
by urchinatheart Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:46 am

» Council tax and summons for arrest
by LionsShare Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:44 pm

» THIS IS THE ONE ?
by schist Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:04 pm

» Garden Share
by assassin Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:37 pm

» Serial Posty been awarded £10'000 for a fake bite
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:23 pm

» The new ruling, lie-ability order
by assassin Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:04 pm

by schist Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:00 pm

» DVLA [Hick] Does It Work [Hick] ?
by Miss Kermit Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 pm

» know who you are volume ??
by daveiron Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:38 pm

» Hopefully A Success
by daveiron Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:28 pm

Moon phases

Why You Should Stockpile Food - Now!

4 posters

Go down

Why You Should Stockpile Food - Now! Empty Why You Should Stockpile Food - Now!

Post by LionsShare Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:42 pm

Is this something to be worried about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeyPy6oo0SQ

I am just asking questions.
LionsShare
LionsShare

Back to top Go down

Why You Should Stockpile Food - Now! Empty Re: Why You Should Stockpile Food - Now!

Post by assassin Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:19 am

And I will answer the question LS.

For years I have advocated people become more self sufficient and many people laughed, and some continue to do so, but in reality I have a lot of ground and am self sufficient in fresh food and with my large poly tunnels my growing season is extended, so what do we do, we harvest our own foods and process our own. We do not can as we prefer to bottle and this removes the Bispenols from the equation as glass is clean and pure and can be used many times, we do not use syrups as these are water and sugar, or brine as this is water and salt, and none are good for us. During the covid scam we didn't need to stock up as we could go to our own bottles and get our own chemical free food or pick it straight from the garden, not only have we remained healthy, but we have also been well fed.

As a little community we collect and season our own wood and most people in the village have a log burner, but with so much wood we have processed this and made 1000 planters which have been distributed to local people, we also compost, not in small quantities, but in hundreds of tonnes and everyone has had their planters assembled and filled with pure and natural compost from our stocks. In reality, most of the originals having these planters and fresh compost were the older generation; but, many were also the younger generation and while some recreated their younger days of fresh food, many of the younger people have simply discovered it and the feedback is extremely positive. In reality we ran a simple website and suggested ways of planting and harvesting, along with composting and this received tremendous support as many are now harvesting their early plantings and are getting the benefit; one which stood out is a lady who planted so many spring onions that she was overwhelmed and turned them into a beautiful onion soup.

Water is an important commodity and many people rely upon a tap, in reality simple water filters can be made by anyone, yet so few even know how to make them; with a home made water filter you can turn most flowing water from canals or rivers into drinkable water which is to a much higher standard then tap water, and simply boiled to remove the remaining contaminants. Plastic bottled water? NO, why go to the trouble of producing clean water and contaminating it with bisphenols from plastic bottles, glass is the best way to go if possible.

In reality this covers the basics, if you grow small quantities of food in your garden you give yourself much better health, even if this is just through the summer months, but with a little more consideration and effort you can grow so much more and irrespective of whether you freeze it, bottle it, or can it you have more fresh food available to you.

A simple log burner gives you heat, but it also gives you a way of cooking.

Knowing how to make a water filter allows you to collect and filter your own water, and you can either boil it in a kettle, saucepan, in a microwave, or on your log burner, you can also make the filter components if you know how and its simple to do.

If you stockpile seeds and learn how to seed your own plants then you can ensure a quantity of foods for many years to a lifetime.
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Why You Should Stockpile Food - Now! Empty Re: Why You Should Stockpile Food - Now!

Post by daveiron Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:24 am

Worried ,no. A little concerned,yes. For several years now I have maintained
at least a couple of months food supply,mainly dried . Rice  / lentils ect. I am
at present saving all glass jars as I am dehydrating and powdering more & more.
I freeze as well but am aware of the posibilty of electric cuts,whilst I would have
access to a genny I plan to operate without one.
I consider that as I live in the country ,its my greatest advantage ,there is a lot
of wild food if you know what you can eat.With the exception of seafood my diet
is pretty much vegan. That would have to change if we get to a survival situation.
In my prepping cupboard I already have 50 snares and enough wire etc to increase
that 3 fold.
Strangly enough only this week I went to my sons factory and made a rocket stove,
of course I was subjected to the usual p**stake from him and the staff. I just hope
I dont have the last laugh. I guess its about time that I convert an old calor gas
bottle into a wood burner ,been meaning to to it for a couple of years now.
I am not really concerned about water,although I distill all drinking and water I cook
with. In winter there will be many sources of water and in summer, water if not
available elsewhere can be obtained from solar stills or tie a plastic bag over a
leaf covered branch .
daveiron
daveiron
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrblue2015 Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:59 am

Goes without saying that we live in such a highly interconnected and therefore interdependent world which includes food supplier chains etc and therefore the slightest impact to one ‘link in the chain’ can have significant consequences.

(And as usual, excellent advice from the likes of DaveIron and Assassin)
Mrblue2015
Mrblue2015

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsShare Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:31 pm

Thanks for the replies from goodf mods/admin. As per Mrblue above, we do live in an interdependant world but looking over what Vernon Coleman stated I think if food shortages are on the way there is in my mind no real reason for them, its just the cabal spreading unnecassary fear into the populous.

And as in other comments above, yes we all should be going for self sufficiency as much as possible.

(1444)
LionsShare
LionsShare

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrblue2015 Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:09 pm

Agreed that food shortages could also be due to selfish agendas ...
Mrblue2015
Mrblue2015

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:11 am

I would disagree slightly there LS, my point is that people should do more for themselves, not necessarily being self sufficient; what is the difference?

Many youngsters are indoctrinated into fast foods, Muck Donalds, Burgler King, and Kenf*cky Fried Chicken are merely examples along with that idiot wearing make up to cook his plastic pizzas.

If demands for interconnected world foods suddenly drops then profits drop, and with Brexit it will encourage farmers to diversify and put huge pressure on the Government to support home grown foods and produce home grown meats and this will instantly improve health as youngsters can be weaned off this junk food and back to nutritious home grown foods. This has additional health benefits, instantly better health, free of chemicals and toxins, less long term damage and susceptibility to heart conditions or diabetes, and they actually learn where food comes from.

I would suggest getting the essentials in place first, without them you cannot live, you can avoid the panic buying, the huge crowds selling on the black market, and you can slowly stock up on other items such as toilet rolls and stockpile other items such as medicines you occasionally need.

From here you can expand out and work towards self sufficiency at your own pace.
assassin
assassin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down